International Simulation Football League
*Ajtigger's Season 29 Predictions - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Ajtigger's Season 29 Predictions (/showthread.php?tid=32393)

*Ajtigger's Season 29 Predictions - ajtigger - 05-21-2021

2x claim

Hey everyone I thought I would take a stab at providing some predictions for each team heading into the season. So without much further ado, let's look at the teams:

Yellowknife Wraiths YKW

I think starting with last season's champions is the most appropriate way to kick off my discussion. Looking over the Wraith's roster, it is clear that this team is going to be competitive again. While many of their players are set to regress they should be able to easily weather that storm and have high TPE players at every position. Perhaps the scariest part of the Wraith's roster is their strong secondary. While the unit was lead by the safety group last year, I look for the two S25 corners, Kazi and Foster, to lead the secondary this season. The opposing teams are going to struggle to move the ball this year against Yellowknife and the wraith's offense should be good enough to turn that defensive prowess into many wins.

Key Player

This is a bit of a cop out, but I believe the key player for the Wraiths will be none other than their quarterback, Colby Jack. With the defense set up to be dominant, he just needs to have a solid season to see the Wraiths into the playoffs. If Jack is able to play like he did last year this team has a chance at being back to back champions.

Potential Breakout Player

Kita Chiasa is my pick for breakout player. While he will be the 3rd corner on the team, I expect him to make a big impact this season. I expect him to shut down all slot receivers he faces and to help make Yellowknife a seriously suffocating defense this upcoming season.

Berlin Fire Salamanders BER

This is another team I think has potential championship written all over them. After a 12-4 season ended in playoff disappointment, Berlin will be hungry to get out on the field in S29. The group to watch out for in Berlin is their potent wide receiver corps. The addition of Hood this offseason has left Berlin with 3 strong options at WR and with a strong quarterback in Kapercolin they are poised to be the best air offense in the league outside of maybe the Yeti. The defensive side of the ball is not quite as strong but is still nothing to sneeze at. Overall, Berlin is a strong team that should at least make the playoffs.

Key Player
Adam Schell is my pick for the key player on the Fire Salamanders. As mentioned above, the defense is the weaker of the two units on this team. If Schell can galvanize his defense with stellar play he should be looked at as the reason Berlin is able to succeed as much as they are.

He may have already had 9 sacks last season, but Marlon Brando is still my pick for breakout player. That's right I think 9 sacks is just the beginning for this stud. I think by the end of the season we will see him at or near the league lead in sacks.

Sarasota Sailfish SAR

The Sailfish are the first team I will identify as on the bubble for the playoffs this season. The roster is talented and deep, but I am not sure they have enough to compete with the top teams in the league at this moment. That said if everything does come together and some of their extremely promising young talent grows up quickly, I can see Sarasota making a lot of noise this season. The team is very balanced between offensive and defensive prowess and it is hard to identify any real weak link on the roster.

Key player

As it has been for a few seasons, Angler will continue to be a key player for Sarasota in season 29. The tight end is coming off of a 1000 yard season and is one of the most dangerous weapons in the league. If Angler is able to supply his team with a constant stream of production similar to last year, I can see the Sailfish amassing double digit wins once again.

Saleem Spence is my pick for a breakout player on the Sailfish. Simply put, I think that Angler is going to be constantly double teamed and it will open up chances for Spence to succeed. He is a young player who is ready to make his mark on the league and I think he will have a fantastic season.

Colorado Yeti COL

I think the Yeti are another bubble team in the NSFC. They have a lot of talent but I am just not sold on them putting it all together this season. We know they love to air out the ball and they have had much success with the strategy in the past. But I do worry if their defense can stop the opposing teams with how often they are on the field. If it is a similar performance to last year, the Yeti may find themselves on the outside looking in come playoff time.

Key Player

William Lim is who I have identified as the key player for the Yeti. Simply because he has less to work with around him than previous seasons. With the loss of Campbell to the Sabercats, Lim is going to draw even more attention from the defense than he usually does. I expect him to still put up his ridiculous numbers, but you never really know how it will work out in this league.

The Manhattan project is my pick for breakout player this season. Just watching this guy work is absolutely amazing. He is going to absolutely blow up the opposing defensive lines this season and I expect him to be near the league lead in pancakes.

Chicago Butchers CHI

The butchers are the first team I will say has no chance of making the playoffs this year. While they have some top talent they just don't have the depth or breadth of talent to fully compete this season. Last season was a disappointment for this proud franchise and I don't think this year will bring any different feelings to the team and fanbase. I don't think this is a basement dwelling team but I don't see them being a true threat either.

Key Player

Chicago rides or dies on the performance of Juan Domine. The linebacker is the heart and soul of the organization and he can inspire the team to overachieve during his best moments. If Chicago has any hopes of proving me wrong, it will start with Domine being even more of an unstoppable force than he usually is.

Potential Breakout player

Madison Hayes is my pick for the player that could breakout for the Butchers. While he had a great season last year, I think the running back is poised for an even better one this year. Look for him to possibly eclipse the 900 yard mark on over 4 yards a carry this season.

Philadelphia Liberty PHI

This is my dark horse team of the season. Philly has been getting better and better each year and that season 25 class continues to grow together. That said, I still think they are just one year away from truly being a threat in the NSFC. The talent of the division is just too much and I can't see Philly taking a large enough step to make the playoffs. I like what this team has done during the rebuild and think they will be more competitive than last year but overall I see them fading out of the playoff picture by the end of the season.

Key Player

Ryan Negs is the key player in Philadelphia. Quite simply he is one of the youngest Qbs in this league and still needs to prove himself. If Negs is ready to take that next step (I still think he is a year awa) then the Liberty will compete this season. Negs also has many developing weapons so I am not sure Philly has truly placed him in the best position to succeed this year.

I am in LOOOOOOVE with Xavier Walls. I don't know how this kid will fit into the defense this year but I know he is going to make an impact in anyway he can. Just go watch his DSFL tape. The kid is ready to play and I expect him to be a wrecking ball out there.

Baltimore Hawks BAL

Yeah this one isn't hard, Baltimore is not ready to compete in this league. They have been amassing young talent but if Philadelphia is a year away, Baltimore is a two years away from being a year away. I like what management is doing with this rebuild but overall it will still be another painful season filled with many losses for the Hawks and their fans.

Key Player

Luke Skywalker is the key player for the Hawks because the veteran has not much to work with this season. If he can pull some magic out of his hat maybe he can help the Hawks salavage some wins this year. In reality I see this team destined for the number 1 pick again.

This one is easy. Busch Goose. This guy had 8 touchdowns last season but only 3.8 yards a carry. Well I am predicting double digit TDs this year and 4.3 a carry for this stud. Dude is a workhorse(goose?) and I think he is going to be a star in this league. Something Baltimore has to look forward to at least.

Arizona Outlaws  ARI

The first team I look at in the ASFC is the Arizona Outlaws coming off a great 12-4 season. The Outlaws are still looking good heading into season 29 and so I don't expect much of a drop off. The team has an outstanding offense and lights out secondary making them a threat to win it all this season. No one in the league will want to line up against Arizona this year. I believe it is an Ultimus appearance or bust for the Outlaws.

Key Player

Rich Triplet is the key player for the Outlaws. He was an absolute lockdown corner last year dominating the league with 46 passes defended to go along with 6 interceptions and 100 tackles. The defense is as good as Triplet plays and when he is a shutdown corner the Outlaws are tough to move the ball against.

Fergus Callaghan Jr is my pick for a breakout season. The Defensive Tackle has had a slow start to his career but I think he is ready to go this year. I see him taking massive strides and helping Arizona sure up their run defense which just makes them that more formidable of an opponent.

New York Silverbacks NYS

The only team I see able to give Arizona a run for their money in the ASFC will be New York. This team has talent top to bottom and really should be one of the four favorites to win it all this year. Howitzer continues to grow and keep the offense churning and Banks and Mendoza are still just great defensive powers. This team is built not just to compete now but still has many players progressing which provides a very bright future for the team as well.

Key Player

My key player may seem a bit odd but it is Tugg Speedman. Tugg came over in a midseason trade last year and had a solid contribution. He is the number 2 wide receiver for this whole season and will need to produce on a week in and week out basis. Tugg will be part of the reason the offense works or doesn't for New York and his role will be of utmost importance to their success.

Mongo is ready to go Bongo on the opposing QBs this season. This guy is such a gifted athlete that I can't wait to see what he is going to do at this level. All reports are that he has shined in camp and I am ready to watch him destroy some opposing offensive lineman this season.

Austin Copperheads AUS

This team is another that is a serious threat to make a deep playoff run like they did last year. They are an absolutely star studded roster with so many players hitting their prime in this season. This team should be a favorite in most of their games and it is a true testament to the strength of the conference that may still wind up 3rd in the ASFC this season. While I don't foresee them overtaking Arizona, a second place finish is easily in reach for the Copperheads.

Key Player

Jackie Daytona is the key man for Austin this season without a doubt. The QB has continued to get better each year in the ISFL but more progress needs to be made if he is going to bring a championship home to the city of Austin. While I think he has that potential in him I am not certain it will be this year but I can always be wrong. Austin will go as far as Daytona allows them to.

Jim the Vampire is my pick for Austin's breakout player. Coming off a stellar season where he averaged 4.7 yards a carry, I expect big things this year. Efficiency may go down but volume will come shooting up. Look for him to be more involved in the passing game as well on his way to a breakout season.

Honolulu Hahalua HON

Honolulu is a hard team for me to rate. On one hand, the team has a lot of good players in key positions. On the other hand I am not overly impressed with the total roster. I think the team can compete but I am not sure they will be the most consistent. I think the 9-7 they hit last year is probably the high point they could reach this season as well. This team screams .500 to me and I don't expect them to be far off that mark.

Key Player

Asher Mountain is the key player I have identified for Honolulu. This man is a beast of a defensive lineman. He has the ability to completely change the game from his position and make key plays that could swing games in Honolulu's favor. I think he winds up being a serious contender for defensive lineman of the year and if he can help pull the miracle of a Hahalua playoff appearance we may be looking at defensive player of the year accolades.

Eleven-Kendrick Watts is my pick for breakout player. I just love how this kid works and think he is going to put it all together on the field this season. Go watch how dominate he was at the DSFL level and you can see why I am high on him. This is my pick for rookie of the year and I think the league is going to be surprised by how good he is so early.

Orange County Otters OCO

The otters are another team that just doesn't overly excite me. They have great players and obviously a long history of a winning culture but I just can't see them making much noise this season. They feel like another team that will be relegated to mediocrity and will hover around .500 for the season.

Key Player

Goat Tank is the key player this year for the otters. If the Running back can have a massive year in his new role he could help bring back to life the otter's chances of making the playoffs. Goat is a skilled player and I look forward to seeing him carry the ball this season.

Anton Bruckner is my pick for a breakout player this season. I really like this young corner to make an impact defending slot receivers this season and think he will put up strong numbers. I think this could be a dark horse for defensive rookie of the year.

New Orleans Second Line NOLA

Quite simply I don't think the Second Line will be much of a threat for the playoffs this season. Looking over their roster and it just doesn't impress me or strike me as a team ready to compete. They are not at a level as low as Baltimore but unfortunately in the tough ASFC that means they still do not have much of a chance. While I think they are good enough to get a few wins I don't see any sustained success.

Key Player

Slothlisberger is the only chance the Second Line to make noise this season. The stellar veteran quarterback is too proud to tank a season so I expect him to come out slinging this year. Perhaps if he can play at an MVP level New Orleans can surprise a few people, including myself, and sneak into the playoffs.

Cade Williams is my pick for a break out player for the Second Line. The young lineman has been eating defenders for breakfast in practice this offseason and I think it will translate to the field. I think this young man will enjoy many pancakes this season and be a staple for New Orleans for years to come.

San Jose Sabercats SJS

Last up will be my own team, the San Jose Sabercats. Truth be told, the team is not in the best shape but is still going to try and compete. The team only managed 5 wins last season but that included a heartbreaking 4 losses in overtime. The Cats will hope that some of that fortune can change this year and they will close the games. Losses of key players like Hood will hurt but the team will do their best to move on. I think 7 wins is possible and they are likely to still edge out New Orleans in the ASFC.

Key player

Lackson will have to be everything for the Sabercats this season. The top tier running back will not have much to work with on the line outside of Ding Dong but he has the talent to find yards regardless. If he can put his team on his back perhaps he can will the Sabercats to an overachieving season and sneak in the playoffs. We all know how dangerous this franchise can be once they make the dance so Jackson will do everything in his power to get him there.

Potential Breakout player

After a self-described rough season, Juno Hu is my pick for breakout player for the Sabercats. The young corner has been working on his game all offseason and is ready to take the next step for the Cats. While I don't think he is ready to be a star, I think he can contribute to a solid secondary and help play winning football this season.

So there you have it, my predictions for season 29 of the ISFL. Looking forward to hearing where you agree or disagree and any potential breakouts I have missed in my list.

RE: Ajtigger's Season 29 Predictions - Bigred1580 - 05-21-2021

(05-21-2021, 06:18 AM)ajtigger Wrote: 2x claim

This one is easy. Busch Goose. This guy had 8 touchdowns last season but only 3.8 yards a carry. Well I am predicting double digit TDs this year and 4.3 a carry for this stud. Dude is a workhorse(goose?) and I think he is going to be a star in this league. Something Baltimore has to look forward to at least.

But he's stinky

RE: Ajtigger's Season 29 Predictions - manicmav36 - 05-21-2021

(05-21-2021, 09:04 AM)Bigred1580 Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 06:18 AM)ajtigger Wrote: 2x claim

But he's stinky
Pot, meet kettle.

RE: Ajtigger's Season 29 Predictions - 37thchamber - 05-21-2021

(05-21-2021, 06:18 AM)ajtigger Wrote: Colorado Yeti COL

I think the Yeti are another bubble team in the NSFC. They have a lot of talent but I am just not sold on them putting it all together this season. We know they love to air out the ball and they have had much success with the strategy in the past. But I do worry if their defense can stop the opposing teams with how often they are on the field. If it is a similar performance to last year, the Yeti may find themselves on the outside looking in come playoff time.

Key Player

William Lim is who I have identified as the key player for the Yeti. Simply because he has less to work with around him than previous seasons. With the loss of Campbell to the Sabercats, Lim is going to draw even more attention from the defense than he usually does. I expect him to still put up his ridiculous numbers, but you never really know how it will work out in this league.

I think you've gotten your NSFC "C" teams mixed up, bud

[Image: 6LAWEpK.png]

...either that or you're throwing some serious shade lmao, and that's cool too. Just wanted to check.

RE: Ajtigger's Season 29 Predictions - ajtigger - 05-21-2021

@37thchamber

You are correct I mixed up my teams. No shade was meant to be thrown in this article

RE: Ajtigger's Season 29 Predictions - BOOM™ - 05-21-2021

Good read man. Looking forward to being a Sabercat in the near future.

RE: Ajtigger's Season 29 Predictions - 37thchamber - 05-22-2021

(05-21-2021, 10:15 AM)ajtigger Wrote: @37thchamber

You are correct I mixed up my teams. No shade was meant to be thrown in this article

Haha no worries, it happens.
For what it's worth, I think you've made some pretty solid predictions overall here.

RE: *Ajtigger's Season 29 Predictions - dude_man - 05-22-2021

It's cool to see me in these articles. Nice write-up!