International Simulation Football League
*Philadelphia Liberty game ball write ups weeks 11-16 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Philadelphia Liberty game ball write ups weeks 11-16 (/showthread.php?tid=32394)

*Philadelphia Liberty game ball write ups weeks 11-16 - WildfireMicro - 05-20-2021

Hey guys and gals and everything in between WildfireMicro here with the Philadelphia Liberty game balls write-ups for weeks 11-16! These are the last game balls of season 28 so I hope you all enjoy them. These will be presented as they were originally written in the Liberty locker room. Oh and BTW me and Titan will be splitting the game balls next season with me doing the offensive side and his doing the defensive side. Hopefully we can coordinate those well. But without any further ado let's begin handing out these game balls!

Week 11:

"What a win! Beating Yellowkinfe in Yellowkinfe was a great way for us to get our second win in a row. I loved how the defense played even when our offense struggled. But anyways hey guys WildfireMicro here with the Philadelphia Liberty game balls for week 11 where we upset the Yellowkinfe Wraiths 20-15! Our defense played lights out and spread out the stats pretty well so the game ball for that will be not as cut and dry as the offense who had one player step up and carry us though another played good as well. So without and further ado let's begin handing out these game balls!

Offense
Thank god for our lights out defense stepping up for us despite Ryan Negs throwing two picks. But overall the offense wasn't exactly terrible and hell my player Tsuyu Asui led the way in receiving yards with 72 although one of those picks was intended for her so that's a bit irritating. Also shout out to Jake Fencik for having two field goals in the 40/49 yard range. And hell he had 184 punting yards with 2 in the 20 to keep the Yellowkinfe offense from getting momentum. But nether Fencik or Asui will get this game ball so the winner is...

Darrel Williams! His stats were: 21 rushing attempts for 77 yards and two touchdowns!

Basically Darrel stepped up for us when the offense may have been struggling. He scored both of our only two touchdowns so congratulations Darrel and enjoy this game ball!

Defensive
5 freaking sacks. 6 total passes deflections. What a performance from this defense! I loved seeing how they stifled the Yellowkinfe defense and kept them from getting any momentum for the longest time. Even when they let them off the hook for a bit it was far too late for a comeback by then and us getting the onside kick sealed it. We also managed to hold Jack to one touchdown  and even picked him off. But ultimately I have to pick a winner and that winner is....

Matt Cross! His stats were: 5 tackles with a sack and a pass deflection.

Honestly it was hard choosing between  Jimi DeSoto and Matt here so it  could have gone ether way but ultimately I think this is the right call. So congratulations Matt and enjoy this game ball!"

Week 12:
"Hey guys and gals and everything in between WildfireMicro here with the Philadelphia Liberty game balls for week 12 which was yet another close loss to Berlin. We couldn't get past thier comfortable lead despite our best efforts and how good our defense looked. Honestly our defense is gonna be insane next season and hopefully our offense will be a lot better then as well. At least Negs did not throw yet another pick. He didn't throw a touchdown ether however. But anyways without any further ado let's begin handing out these game balls!

Offensive
The offense just was not able to put together many meaningful drives against the insane Berlin defense. At the very least Negs did not throw an interception so that's an improvement from our very first game of the season. But anyways I do have to hand out a game ball for someone so the winner is...

Jake Fencik! His stats were: perfect on the day with two field goals and extra points and 227 yard punting with two of them being inside the 20.

Honestly there wasn't much offense done so I really couldn't give the game ball to anyone else. But still it was a nice day for Jake and he punted it deep twice sk congratulations Jake and enjoy this game ball!

Defensive
The defense played pretty damn well in all honesty. They picked off Kapercolin twice with one of them being taken back for a touchdown. If the offense was able to click more we would have definitely been able to win this game. Hell they ended up having seven total pass deflections. But anyways the winner is...

Matt Cross! His stats were: six tackles and two pass deflections and a pick taken back for a touchdown

Hell of a game for Matt and his second straight game ball! He has enjoyed quite a few game balls from me so I hope he enjoys this one. So congratulations Matt and enjoy this game ball!"

Week 13:

"Hey guys and gals and everything in between WildfireMicro here with the Philadelphia Liberty game balls for week 13 which was an amazing one point win over the 9 win team the Arizona Outlaws! I absolutely loved the way we preformed in this game and especially how the defense played. Hell we might even have one of the winners of the game balls tonight be a 3 straight time winner so stay tuned! But without any further ado let's begin handing out these game balls!

Offensive
My player Tsuyu Asui actually led the way in catches in this game with six and was second in receiving yards. But she isn't the focus in this write up. Honestly I am really glad for the defense and the upcoming player I am about to award the game ball to because Negs threw a couple of interceptions unfortunately. But anyways the true winner is...

Jake Fencik! His stats were: He made six out of six field goals with three of them being in the 30-39 range and a game winning 51 yarder!

Thank god for Jake Fencik! He is one of the best kickers in the ISFL and I'd argue this game is his mangum opus. What a performance and I am very glad to hand him this game ball!

Defensive
What am absolutely amazing performance from this defense to slow down this potent Arizona offensive attack! I loved how much this defense shut down enough of what Arizona was trying and even managed to hold them on thier last drive to win us the game! Not only that but ladies and gentlemen and everything in between we have a player who has won 3 straight and he is...

Matt Cross! His stats were: 4 tackles and a sack and an interception with a pass deflection

Matt is just amazing pure and simple. One of the heart and souls of this defense. I am very proud to hand him his 9th game ball and his 3rd straight!"

Week 14:

"Well it's time to talk about the loss against Colorado. It was a very close loss with us only losing by 10 points but I feel like we were competitive in this game. And I am here to hand out the Philadelphia Liberty game balls for week 14. The defense played well but the offense couldn't get it going as you will soon see. But without any further ado let's begin handing out these game balls!

Offensive
Ryan Negs did not throw an interception. That is something. Honestly the offense just couldn't get going in this game with Ryan only completing 11 out of 29 passes which is unfortunate. The running game was much more successful and I wish we focused more on it. But anyways the winner of this offensive game ball is...

Darrel Williams! His stats were: 20 rushes for 99 yards and a touchdown.

He was so close to triple digit yards and he scored our only touchdown so I think he deserves this one. Congratulations Darrel and enjoy this game ball!

Defensive

Defense didn't have a bad game to be honest but they could have had a better one. They did get a turnover in the form of a forced fumble so that is something. I wish I had more to say but outside of the fumble there isn't much lighting up the stat screen. But anyways the winner is...

Gary Goodman! His stats were: 6 tackles and a sack and a forced fumble

It seems obvious that the player with the only turnover would win but I think he deserves it. So congratulations Gary and enjoy this game ball!"

Week 15:

"What a win over the Sarasota Sailfish! A huge upset over the defending champions is always a thing to certain. I am very happy to be handing out these game balls for week 15! An old stalwart showed up on the offense while an underrated player made a key play on defense. I can't wait for you all to see these game balls and I have a very special one for a certain player. But anyways without any further ado let's begin handing out these game balls!

Offense

During the game which I was watching on my phone Zeagle (I believe) said that we had a surrender field goal near the end. While that may be true a key play on defense let us have one final chance and we took advantage of it with a quick touchdown. I am very proud of how we played against a very strong Sarasota defense but I want to talk about a certain future Hall of Famer. Despite being very low on TPE due to regression he played extremely hard to finally get over the 100 touchdown in a career mark. Because of all of this I am handing out this Golden Game Ball to...

Sam Torenson! His stats were: 16 rushes for 57 yards and 2 touchdowns!

He deserves far more then this Golden Game Ball for all he has done and I can't wait to see him in a gold jacket. Thank you for what you have done Sam and enjoy this Golden Game Ball!

Defensive

Clutch. That is all I can say about the defense in the last 2 Sarasota drives. First after we had a surrender field goal they forced a Sarasota player to fumble near thier 20 to give us another chance. Then they sacked Mike Boss and held them on 4th down to give us the huge win! I am very proud of how this defense played and I am very happy to give this game ball to...

James Hoffman! His stats were: 5 tackles and a forced fumble and recovery in the last few minutes!

Basically he got us the clutch turnover we needed to give us the win! He absolutely deserves this so congratulations James and enjoy this game ball!"

Week 16:

"Well we lost our last game against the Chicago Butchers but overall I like how we played all season. We matched out win total from last season which is a realistic goal for us. We tried our best all season and we have come a very long way from the Sarasota blowout we suffered. Hell we even upset Sarasota at one point. But these are the last game balls for the season and I am very happy to award them. Without any further ado let's begin handing out these game balls!

Offensive

Ryan Negs did not have a bad game here with 1 touchdown and no interceptions. His rookie season was not even that bad in my opinion. He does not get the game ball this time but I feel like praising him for trying his best all season. But I do have to award this game ball so the winner is...

Darrel Williams! His stats were: 11 rushes for 76 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Overall a very good game and season for him as he was our main touchdown guy all season. Congratulations Darrel and enjoy this game ball!

Defensive

This one is a bit tricky because quite a few players made an impact in this game on the defensive side including L'Carpetron Dookmmarriot  getting a defensive touchdown through a pick six. Gary Goodman was also all over the field with 10 tackles. Jimi DeSoto also had a good day that including a sack.. But in the end nether of those players won this award so the winner is...

Doy Fieri! His stats were: 6 tackles with a pass deflection and an interception.

Very good stats overall that is the best of all worlds in my opinion. Congratulations Doy and enjoy this game ball!"

Overall the season was one of trying to grow. I personally think Season 29 will be better though and me and Titan will be here with the game balls for them. Thank you for reading and I hope to see you all on the field!