International Simulation Football League
*Way Too Early Predictions: Awards - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Way Too Early Predictions: Awards (/showthread.php?tid=3240)

*Way Too Early Predictions: Awards - Darnellthebeast - 08-10-2017

NOTE FOR GRADERS: THIS ARTICLE SHOULD RECEIVE A 600k BONUS FOR BEING REQUESTED AND 250k FOR INTERVIEW

Today, we'll be going through and predicting the winner for all awards for season 2.

Most Valuable Player-Chris Orosz
Chris Orosz has done a great job leading the Yellowknife Wraiths into a position to go for the playoffs. They're 4-2 on the season, and have only played two games at home. Orosz has thrown for 1374 yards(3rd), nine touchdowns(T-1st), has a 1.5 touchdown-interception ratio(2nd), and is second in passer rating. Not to mention, he does all of this while losing a lot of opportunities to Bubba Nuck, one of the top runningbacks in the league. Orosz has been essential for the Wraith's success and is a frontrunner for his first MVP.

Offensive Player of the Year-Ethan Hunt
Ethan Hunt, quarterback for the San Jose Sabercats, has shown that he does have what it takes to be a starting quarterback in the league. He's gone from a backup player into the top quarterback in the league. He leads in almost every stat being first in touchdowns(9), first in interceptions(4), and first in completion percentage by over 4%(65.6%). Not to mention, his passer rating is over 10 points higher than the next highest player at 93.6. The only reason Hunt doesn't edge out Orosz for MVP is because of less success in winning.

Defensive Player of the Year-Jayson Lee
Lee has been an absolute monster over the middle in Arizona. He leads the entire league in tackles with 62, but it doesn't stop there; he also has three sacks showing he can rush the quarterback. Sometimes, he even drops back in coverage: he has two passes defensed and an interception on the year. To top it off, he is the only linebacker in the league with a defensive touchdown. So far, he has a great chance to win defensive player of the year.

Offensive Rookie of the Year-Darlane Farlane
Farlane has been an absolute stud so far. As a 5th round pick for the Hawks, he wasn't expected to do a ton, but would still get plenty of playing time. He blew these expectations out of the water. He already leads the league in rushing yards by a fair margin and only plans to expand on that lead throughout the season. He was a great value pick and his proven to be instrumental in the Hawks push to make the playoffs.

Defensive Rookie of the Year-Dermot Lavelle
Lavelle, the oldest "rookie" in the league, hasn't disappointed in his return to the National Simulation Football League. He's been a completely game changing cornerback, leading the league in interceptions with four in six games. He also has 12 passes defensed which is good enough for second in the league. Lavelle has proven to be worth mire than the bounty that the Wraiths gave away to acquire him with the first pick in the draft.

GMs of the Year-Hendrix and Noppadet
This award really is difficult to predict because it truly takes a full season to see if a team is playing well. However, so far the Baltimore Hawks seemed to have improved the most among all teams. They changed from a bottom feeder to a playoff team. The Hawks did a great job in the draft to turn a new leaf.

Positional Awards
Best Quarterback-Ethan Hunt
Best Runningback-Darlane Farlane
Best Wide Receiver-Bailey Cook
Best Tight End-George Wright Jr.
Best Offensive Lineman-Ben Longshaw
Best Defensive End-Jayce Tuck
Best Defensive Tackle-Mark Ramrio
Best Linebacker-Jayson Lee
Best Cornerback-John Canton
Best Safety-Lincoln Jefferson
Best Kicker-Turk Turkleton
Best Punter-Joey Langdon

Finally, we sat down with MVP frontrunner Chris Orosz to ask him a few questions.

Interview Questions

You've helped lead the Wraiths to two road wins, more than any other team. What has been the key to winning when out of town?

The key to winning comes from the team's hard work, and just the ability to keep grinding and grinding until you can get that W!

The Wraiths offensive attack has been very efficient and safe with the ball. Do you attribute this to more making safe throws or just having passes be right on target?

Its more the receivers being in the right place, at the right time, and being able to catch whatever I throw towards them, so of the two you mentioned I think passes being right on target is closer.

In your last games against the Yeti and Outlaws you averaged 6.5 points on offense. What do you plan to do to perform better next time?

Well to do better, we need to get our heads out of our asses and put points on the board when we are in position to do so, that means not killing drives with drops, penalties or turnovers.

What do you plan to do to make a push over the Hawks for the home seed in the playoffs?

We just have to take care of the team in front of us, either at home or away, that is how we have to make our push.

GIVE 850k BONUS

Words: 826

Graded
Payout=$2,076,000

*Way Too Early Predictions: Awards - iamslm22 - 08-10-2017

Awesome article man. Great read

*Way Too Early Predictions: Awards - Bzerkap - 08-10-2017

My boy @Aenir! Great article and interview!

*Way Too Early Predictions: Awards - Gwdaja - 08-10-2017

I approve. Great article man! Smile

*Way Too Early Predictions: Awards - Blaster - 08-10-2017

Nice article. Good work

*Way Too Early Predictions: Awards - Valtookan - 08-11-2017

As much as I love my boy Jaylon Lee.... I can't tolarate you SLEEPING ON ME!