International Simulation Football League
*Tijuana Ring of Honour - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Tijuana Ring of Honour (/showthread.php?tid=32422)

*Tijuana Ring of Honour - Ben - 05-20-2021

double payout plz
[Image: 9VNloo6.png]

TIJ Tijuana Ring of Honour TIJ

[Image: GOOEdUS.png] [Image: HI1rqzX.png?1] [Image: dbXBhwH.png?1] [Image: FiXWZ3H.png] [Image: Buv1KsB.png?4]
[Image: UUy0DYh.png?1]  [Image: 9MXPGe1.png?1]  [Image: go34TCJ.png?1]  [Image: kKTRSYe.png?1]
[Image: ZsPu6CI.png]  [Image: 4Jg96ea.png]  [Image: cYP5l8E.png]  [Image: qrT4lmj.png]  [Image: kadFiOh.png]
If you thought I was late to post this last time boy are you gunna be happy to see this. More great alumni joined our ring of honour, we have had two inductions since my last article which can be found here. The nominated players were voted on by cuarto de guerra as well as some former GMs with the rules that a player must be retired from the ISFL to be nominated. The voters were advised to consider both the player's Tijuana career as well as their career afterwards in the ISFL, but it was up to the voters discretion on how they weighted each. Players needed 2/3 of votes to be inducted and 1/3 of votes to remain on the ballot. You can also see all the members of our ring of honour in our fancy new wiki page!
The first induction since my last article was in S26, the players joining the ring of honour from that ballot are;

[Image: TIJ_13-Swift.png?width=150&height=200]
Nate Swift @Bigred1580 Max TPE: 1297
Ultimini Champ and WRoty in the DSFL. In the ISFL he had eight Ultimus appearances, winning three (YKN, SJSx2). All time postseason receiving yards leader. Seven Time Pro Bowler. War room member in Tijuana for ten plus seasons.

[Image: TIJ_89-Sauce.png?width=150&height=200]
Earl Sauce @FleshBagSoup Max TPE: 1057 
Ultimini Champion during his time as a Luchadore. Ultimus Champion with Colorado in the ISFL. Four Pro Bowl Appearances. Ultimini winning GM for Tijuana.

[Image: TIJ_34-Adams.png?width=150&height=200]
Ricky Adams @TheDangaZone Max TPE: 743 
Two time Ultimini winner in Tijuana. During his ISFL career he won the Ultimus twice with Orange County, and was S12 league MVP. Second team OFlex for 25th Anniversary All-time Team.
After one season was missed we had another induction this offseason, where two legendary users of the franchise had their players inducted;

[Image: TIJ_44-Gump.png?width=150&height=200]
Forrest Gump @TomHanks Max TPE: 1336 
Played two seasons for Tijuana, before going on to have an insane career in NOLA. Won DSFL MVP and holds the records for DSFL TDs in a season. Fifth in all time ISFL rushing yards among many other records, and one time Ultimus champion and MVP.

[Image: TIJ_37-Dotson.png?width=150&height=200]
Fuzzy Dotson @goodfortunecoffee Max TPE: 814 
Two seasons in Tijuana blocking for a 1000+ yard rusher and even going for 1200 himself his sophomore season where he tied for DSFL MVP. Won an Ultimini with us before heading to Philly where he became a staple of the team for many seasons.

Players remaining on the ballot for next season:
S4 Blackford Oakes S #33
S17 Jordan McCann III QB #13
S16 Laszlo Forty-Two WR #42
S22 LiterallyJust A. Hexagon S #6
S20 Kyle Idlewyld DE #97
(Please pm me at any time if you would like to nominate a Tijuana alumn to add to next seasons ballot or to renominate someone who has missed out previously with justification on why they should be reconsidered)

Notes from the author: "You can see there's a slight bias towards newer players as a lot of our war room were not around for the careers of some of the older players on the ballot. That's partly on me to write detailed descriptions of the older players careers on their bid to help the newer war room members understand the impact they had. This is also because we only started voting on the ring of honour three seasons ago, obviously if it had started sooner most of these nominees would already be voted in." I said this last article and this still remains true, although it was really nice to see Adams finally get voted in after remaining on the ballot since we started the ring of honour.
Forrest Gump becomes the third player to be voted in unanimously, although how Swift wasn't as well I'll never know.
In my last article I subtitled it "the OL edition" as four big boys were all inducted at once, well this class is five skill position players. It really highlights the back and forward or cyclical nature of the DSFL which is what I love about it and what really keeps me interested in the league. I know some people just see the DSFL as an inconvenience before they really get to start their career but I have a lot of respect for all the users on each DSFL team that create a competitive league for the recreates but most importantly an environment that develops new users and keeps them engaged and committed to their player and team(s).

Shout out to @ckroyal92 for the jerseys they are amazing as usual, and he had to remake the template for us after his laptop died so we are very grateful.

RE: Tijuana Ring of Honour - mithrandir - 05-20-2021

TIJ all highly deserving legendary Tijuana players! Congrats inductees!

RE: Tijuana Ring of Honour - Bigred1580 - 05-21-2021

Super Honored!!! Always a Luchadore!!!

RE: Tijuana Ring of Honour - Kotasa - 05-21-2021

What a swell group of individuals

RE: Tijuana Ring of Honour - Jimi64 - 05-21-2021

FUZZZZZZY

RE: Tijuana Ring of Honour - goodfortunecoffee - 05-21-2021

It's wonderful and I cherish it TIJ