International Simulation Football League
*Rookies Debut Performances - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Rookies Debut Performances (/showthread.php?tid=32563)

*Rookies Debut Performances - shrub02 - 05-26-2021

Double media voucher please

Alright, you're back for another arbitrary list based on nothing but my own personal opinion. This time I will be ranking how well the rookies did in their first game in the ISFL. Lets check it out!

These 5 rookies did not record a meaning stat during their first game in the ISLF and could not be ranked:

Red Arrow Jr. - QB SJS
Fergus Callaghan Jr. - DT ARI
Freddy Bly – K/P HON
Taipan Pete – K/P NOLA
C.J. Sonjack – CB PHI

30. Sirdsvaldis Miglaskems - OL HON
As a former running back IRL to start off the list with a lineman (I love the big boys) but unlike most players its really easy to see their mistakes. Miglaskems lands at rank 29 because he only recorded 2 pancakes while allowing a sack. If anyone has seen any of my rankings before they know I heavily penalize sacks allowed when grading OL.

29. Glenn Smart - LB ARI
Personally I thinking LBs should get a lot of stats. They get to play in the the thick of the action and their stats should reflect that. Smart was nowhere to be found in his debut. He only recorded one tackle. I think his nerves might have gotten the best of him. He did have a very successful career in the DSFL and is the 2nd best LB in his class in terms of TPE so I think he will recover just fine from this slow start.

28. Pope Francis - OL HON
Pope Francis made the switch from DE to OL. His strength can be seen in his 3 pancakes. He may need to  work on his technique after his switch as he did allow one sack in his ISFL debut.

27. Moe Skeeter - OL AUS
Skeeter is the first lineman on this list that has not given up a sack. That’s why I ranked his performance higher than the other two who had more pancakes than him. While only gaining one pancake, Skeeter protected his QB well landing him at rank 26.

26. Mongo - DE NYS
Mongo was only able to produce a single tackle in his first game in the ISFL. He stuffed Nakamara on a short gain in an effort that led to a 3 and out. Unfortunately it was not enough to lead his team to a win.

25. Bayley Cowabunga – WR AUS
Cowabunga was only targeted twice in his rookie debut. He managed to catch 1 pass for 11 yards and a first down. That catch converted a crucial 3rd down on a drive that led to a touchdown, helping the Copperheads achieve victory.

24. Dallas Dole - K/P OCO
It must be tough being a rookie kicker in the ISLF. While there’s not a whole lot of expectation for you to make every kick, you’re team may still rely on your leg to win the game. Dole experienced this first hand, as he missed his two first attempts, but nailed his third to win the game for the Otters. In addition, he took care of his team by landing 4 punts inside of the 20.

23. Anton Bruckner - CB OCO
Anton “no-stats” Bruckner actually had a couple of stats during his ISFL debut. Literally a couple stats: 2 tackles. Though not very many stats are expected to be produced by a nickelback. While he allow 80% of passes targeting him to be caught, I think foresee Bruckner being a lockdown CB in the future as he is the top CB in his class. Just don’t expect a lot of interceptions from him.

22. Dante King – RB BAL
The Hawks relied on King more than one would expect for an immediate callup to the big leagues. He actually had more carries (11) than his more senior counterpart Goose. Even so he only achieved  30 yards, averaging 2.7 YPC. The bright side is that King was able to gain a first down on 18.2% of his carries, definitely helping his team win an upset victory.

21. Chevvy Bronko - TE PHI
As another immediate callup, Bronko held his own during his first game. He caught both passes thrown his way, totaling 24 yards. One for 17 yards during a late 4th quarter drive that ended in a touchdown, propelling the game into OT and helping the Liberty win. Bronko also produced 2 pancakes. He probably would have been a bit higher on the list if he didn’t allow a sack. Still a great game overall.

20. Jay Cue Jr. - RB YKW
As the third straight immediate callup, Cue Jr shocked many fantasy drafters by debuting as the  Wraiths’ primary RB. He received the most touches by any rookie (21 total) but did not produce much as the Yellowknife offense struggled to move the ball. He did manage 29 rush yards and 20 receiving yards. I think Cue Jr will be alright once the Wraiths get their act together on offense.

19. Willie Miller - CB SJS
Miller had one of the highest tackling totals among rookies in their first game (7). This seems impressive in itself but upon closer inspection most came on completed passes against him. In fact 100% of passes targeting Miller were completed. You can’t fault the rookie though. The Otters were most definitely picking on him their talented pass catchers.

18. Remus Roman – RB NOLA
Roman did not receive a lot of touches but made the the most of the ones he did. He provided a legitimate alternative to NOLA’s primary back by gaining 28 yards, averaging 5.6 yards per carry. He managed an 11 yard rush for a first down on a drive that led to touchdown. Looking forward to see the progression of his career.

17. Gluteus Maximus - OL AUS
Austin took one look at Glute’s thick thighs and thought “That man belongs on the O-line.” And it seems to be working out so far. While he only produced 2 pancakes, Maximus was able to use his massive legs to protect his QB, not allowing a sack during his debut.

16. Eleven Kendrick-Watts – WR HON
Kendrick-Watts was a major factor in the Hahalua game plan during his debut. He was targeted 11 times, coming down with 7 receptions  for 54 yards. Kendrick-Watts seemed frustrated that he could not break away for a touchdown as he was penalized for 2 unnecessary roughness calls. Keep at it buddy those TDs will come.

15. Quinton Crash – WR NOLA
Crash made an impact during his first game in the big leagues after being called up immediately after being drafted. He managed to catch 50% of passes targeting him, producing 4 receptions for 25 yards and a clutch touchdown that brought the Secondline within 3 points late in the game.

14. Romulus Roman - SS PHI
In his ISFL debut, the second Roman brother made his presence known. While he did allow 83.3% of passes targeting him to be caught, Roman made up for it h 3 tackles and a sack. That sack forced a third and long situation which the Butchers could not convert, leading to good field position for the Liberty offense. They took advantage and kicked a field goal, eventually winning by 3. In my opinion, Romulus has bragging rights over Remus for his ISFL debut.

13. Primo Berto - DT HON
Berto had a pretty quiet night, only producing 2 tackles and a sack. That sack was clutch though as it forced the Copperheads to punt. Honolulu’s offense would go on to score a touchdown the following drive.

12. Tre' Mendus Johnson - LB BAL
Johnson started his ISFL career hot. The first play he made was a sack! He would go on to continue aiding his team to victory with 4 tackles.

11. Brandon Prince – RB NYS
Prince has already established himself as a workhorse and a dual threat during his rookie debut. He touched the ball 19 times for 70 total yards (40 rushing, 30 receiving), including a 24 yard reception. He also scored twice in an effort that kept the game close against a tough Arizona defense.

10. Lux Opal - K/P COL
To open the top ten rookie debut performances we have a K/P. Yes, we show them love around here too. Opal showed no signs of feeling any pressure in his first game in the big league, nailing all 4 field goal attempts in a clutch performance that helped the Yeti win by 3. He also had a 57 yard punt late in the fourth quarter, pinning the Sailfish back at the their own 14 yard line and hindering their chance at a comeback.

T8. Maiteers Rico-Shea - OL OCO , LeBron James III - OL SAR
Tied for the 8th best performance we have two offensive linemen. Both Rico-Shea and James III played well by producing 4 pancakes and not allowing any sacks. James III seemed to be working extra hard in protecting his QB since he knows the pain of being sacked from his time as a QB.

7. Joliet Christ Jr – QB HON
Christ Jr debuted this past week as the potential savior to the Hahalua franchise. And he wasn’t half bad in his first start. You can’t have a high expectation of a rookie QB. Yet he threw for almost 300 yards and a touchdown. Even though he threw for an interception, it’s hard to blame him as he was constantly harassed by the defense, being sacked 8 times.

6. Manhattan Project - OL COL
At the number six rank, we have the top rookie OL performance for week one. Project knows the importance of having a good blocking game as he was a RB before switching positions. He led rookie OL with 5 pancakes and didn’t allow any sacks.

5. Cade York - K/P ARI
York had a game to remember in his ISFL debut. He made 3 field goals, including a 50 yarder, in a much needed clutch performance as he helped the Outlaws in a close win. York also had a beautiful 66 yard punt that pinned the Silverbacks down at their own 4 yard line. This occurred with a minute left in the first half, eliminating any chance of New York scoring last second points.

4. Cole Maxwell – WR COL
Maxwell stimulated the Yeti offense just like a good cup of coffee. He received 12 targets, the same amount as superstar William Lim, and caught 7 of them for 121 yards. And somehow that wasn’t the best rookie WR performance of the night (more on that later). He took one of those catches 56 yards, setting up the Yeti for a touchdown a few plays later. Maxwell’s play was the type of support that Colorado needed in order to gain their upset victory against Sarasota.

3. Xavier Walls - LB PHI
Walls must have made some kind of sacrifice that pleased the sim gods because they sure do favor this man. He put up ridiculous numbers in the DSFL and looks like he will continue in the ISFL. In his big league debut Walls recorded 8 tackles, one for loss, a sack interception, and 2 pass defenses. That interception couldn’t have come at a more opportune time: in OT with the Butchers about to score. This stopped Chicago in it their tracks, allowing Philly to win the game. Sim gods, I’ll take what he’s having.

2. Lonnie Jackson – RB PHI
Coming off of a DSFL MVP season, Jackson had all eyes on him during is ISFL debut. And he did not disappoint. He was the only rookie RB to rush for more than 100 yards. He also scored twice. Yet another clutch performance from a Philadelphia rookie that propelled them to a week one victory.

1. Saleem Spence – WR SAR
And we finally come to the best rookie performance of week one. Spence had one hell of a game. He caught 7out of 8 of passes thrown his way for 130 yards. One of those went for 60 yards and an astounding 3 went for touchdowns. Simply impressive. Spence’s awesome performance makes sense as he is the TPE leader for his class. I look forward to seeing him play more. Maybe even pick him up on my fantasy team :eyes:

RE: Rookies Debut Performances - xtitanxmvpx - 05-26-2021

Beat out by Lonnie again!!! :crying:

RE: Rookies Debut Performances - Exilate - 05-26-2021

(05-26-2021, 05:51 PM)xtitanxmvpx Wrote: Beat out by Lonnie again!!! :crying:

I won this battle but you'll win the war for sure  PHI PHI PHI

RE: Rookies Debut Performances - Kotasa - 05-26-2021

LONNIE GOATED