International Simulation Football League
*PBE vs ISFL (with help from iamslm22) - part 2 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *PBE vs ISFL (with help from iamslm22) - part 2 (/showthread.php?tid=32608)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: *PBE vs ISFL (with help from iamslm22) - part 2 - Hallmonitor_20 - 05-30-2021

ISFL: Allowed to say Coward

PBE: Not Allowed to say C****d

RE: *PBE vs ISFL (with help from iamslm22) - part 2 - C9Van - 05-30-2021

Great piece of media!

RE: *PBE vs ISFL (with help from iamslm22) - part 2 - Frostbite - 05-30-2021

Did you consider this though. Without PBE there would be no lemurhype

RE: *PBE vs ISFL (with help from iamslm22) - part 2 - 37thchamber - 05-31-2021

(05-29-2021, 03:00 AM)Mooty99 Wrote: PBE website is jinck which just sucks so so hard, both ISFL and SHL have moved away from that terrible monster so no way PBEs is better

This. There is literally no objective advantage to jcink.

It uses an outdated, modded version of a mediocre forum software, and restricts access to the backend so you can't even mod out some of the flaws.
There were the semi-frequent fuck-ups on jcink servers that rendered the forums unusable...
Also there's the ads, and shitty spam protection...

The only possible argument you can make in favour of jcink is familiarity... and that's a terrible argument, frankly.
It's probably also worth noting that right now we've already got a smoother functioning forum and we're not even using a quarter of the functionality of this software.

(05-29-2021, 08:43 AM)iamslm22 Wrote: I just want to be on record that I think Dermott is the best commissioner in ISFL history - and I don't think it's particularly close.

Our specific 5 man HO unit had to have the best approval rating of all time, and we were very receptive to community feedback.

I don't know that I'd say he was the best, but I definitely rate his time as commish pretty highly.
Even if part of that is just because he let me build shit for this place without going through proper processes lmao.

I think there's a strong case to be made that Bex has done better in terms of co-ordinating, organising etc. But there's obviously a lot going on with the role (and the state of the league in general is very different) so it's difficult to really make an objective comparison imo.

RE: *PBE vs ISFL (with help from iamslm22) - part 2 - Hummus God - 06-10-2021

Honored to be even remotely near the same level as the great and iconic Bex. Great article!

RE: *PBE vs ISFL (with help from iamslm22) - part 2 - AW13 - 06-14-2021

(05-28-2021, 06:09 PM)JuOSu Wrote: Some I obviously just don't think should be GM. 

This is me isn't it? Wink

RE: *PBE vs ISFL (with help from iamslm22) - part 2 - JuOSu - 06-15-2021

(05-31-2021, 01:49 AM)37thchamber Wrote:
(05-29-2021, 03:00 AM)Mooty99 Wrote: PBE website is jinck which just sucks so so hard, both ISFL and SHL have moved away from that terrible monster so no way PBEs is better

This. There is literally no objective advantage to jcink.

It uses an outdated, modded version of a mediocre forum software, and restricts access to the backend so you can't even mod out some of the flaws.
There were the semi-frequent fuck-ups on jcink servers that rendered the forums unusable...
Also there's the ads, and shitty spam protection...

The only possible argument you can make in favour of jcink is familiarity... and that's a terrible argument, frankly.
It's probably also worth noting that right now we've already got a smoother functioning forum and we're not even using a quarter of the functionality of this software.

I saw this only now but want to say that there are multiple bugs here on this site that make using it a pain in the ass that I never have to deal with in the PBE. SO yeah, maybe it is a mediocre forum but at least it works. Not sure what this smooth functioning forum is you talk about but it certainly isn't my experience with this website.

RE: *PBE vs ISFL (with help from iamslm22) - part 2 - infinitempg - 06-15-2021

(06-15-2021, 10:23 AM)JuOSu Wrote: I saw this only now but want to say that there are multiple bugs here on this site that make using it a pain in the ass that I never have to deal with in the PBE. SO yeah, maybe it is a mediocre forum but at least it works. Not sure what this smooth functioning forum is you talk about but it certainly isn't my experience with this website.

I’m actually curious what bugs you are running into because I haven’t had the same experience. HO and Dev Team can probably work to patch them up!

RE: *PBE vs ISFL (with help from iamslm22) - part 2 - Swanty - 06-15-2021

Yeah echoing what infinite says, please do let us know what these bugs are!

RE: *PBE vs ISFL (with help from iamslm22) - part 2 - JuOSu - 06-15-2021

(06-15-2021, 10:28 AM)infinitempg Wrote:
(06-15-2021, 10:23 AM)JuOSu Wrote: I saw this only now but want to say that there are multiple bugs here on this site that make using it a pain in the ass that I never have to deal with in the PBE. SO yeah, maybe it is a mediocre forum but at least it works. Not sure what this smooth functioning forum is you talk about but it certainly isn't my experience with this website.

I’m actually curious what bugs you are running into because I haven’t had the same experience. HO and Dev Team can probably work to patch them up!

When I want to @ someone, it freezes up for 3+ seconds while it loads the username list. Once I click the name of the person, it disappears and only the @ is left. If I then type in the name manually, it works to tag, but the whole thing still takes a while. Even typing just the "ats" I did in these sentences took this paragraph forever cause of the freezing and I wasn't even tagging anyone. 

The member list is barely useable because the images people put in is so big. It also isn't alphabetical which makes it harder to find particular users in it.

The search function doesn't allow for you to only search for posts written by the user you want (not a bug, just annoying).

Again not a bug, just a worse thing compared to the "terrible" forum is that you don't see who has the last reply on a post when you are in the subform. 

When I reach the bottom of the text box here, if I hit enter, the text box does not scroll down with it, I have to manually scroll down.

When you edit a post, you do not see the last few posts like when you make a new reply. This is especially frustrating when editing your latest update, because you don't see what you already claimed before hand (again, this is not the case in jcink). 

The one good thing I will say here compared to SHL, which is even worse, is that at least I never got the text bug where I could only type one letter at a time. Now THAT was fucking annoying. Click H click e click l click l click o click space click .... you get the deal.

On the contrary, I don't really know a single feature this site has that I don't know about on jcink with the exception of maybe that you can click a users threads posted in their profile, but again, that only really works for your own profile because the fucking members page doesn't work properly.