International Simulation Football League
*Drip's Wet Bets - S29 w6 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Drip's Wet Bets - S29 w6 (/showthread.php?tid=32684)

*Drip's Wet Bets - S29 w6 - Drip - 06-02-2021

Welcome to the first season 29 Drip's Wet Bets!

It has been a long time coming, and I am so glad to finally be back! Last season ended off extremely poorly, where I went 2-4 in the conference championship bets. But it wasn't all that bad, as I ended the season at 25-19 (57%) which cemented me as the top performer out of all the media writers. So Without further ado, let's get started on this season!

LAST SEASON
25-19
+2.5 Million

ISFL Away Wins O/U 3.5

The upcoming slate of games has some interesting matchups. I am looking at 4 games in particular that I believe will feature the visiting team winning. The Orange County Otters are travelling to Austin, and I would be surprised if they don't come out of there with a win. The same goes for Sarasota, who are headed to Chicago to face the bottom team in the NSFC. The same goes for my lock of the week, where the Outlaws will have no problem leaving New Orleans with a win. I think that my biggest question actually comes with my own team, the Colorado Yeti. Headed to Philadelphia to face the Liberty will pose a problem for our offense. One of the things Philly is doing really well this season is defending against the pass, and that is all that we can do. But I feel that Richard Gilbert will carry us to victory, and I may even get more than 1 touch this game!

Parlay Option 1

-

BER WR Cmon Skiuuup O/U 67.5 Yards Receiving

They are having a fantastic season, and I regret drafting the other Berlin WR with my first fantasy pick. Not only are they averaging 97.4 points per game, they are tied for first in the league with touchdowns (6). Now, they are playing a Baltimore team that has surprised this season by doubling their win total from last season. Fun fact about Baltimore, as of week 6, they are 9th overall in the league in 5 of the 8 tracked metrics on the index. Those 5 are offensive points, and all 4 defensive metrics. So do I think that the German Lizards will win? No. And I don't see them topping the top weapon on any team, given that they have allowed the over to 10 separate players in 5 games. Take the over, I am betting the house. 

Parlay Option 2

-

I am so confident on these two bets, I have decided to make my first ever parlay bet right here. I will also be doing the rest of the bets in parlay order. 

Running Count (s29): 0-0
Earnings (s29): 0$
Money Up This Week: 2 Mil

-

SJS  QB Monterey Jack O/U 301.5 Yards Passing

If I had more money, I would bet on this one as well. Not only are they averaging 334.2 yards through the air per game, but they are playing Honolulu who is looking like they would lose to the s28 Baltimore Hawks. They are in the bottom half of the league in every tracked metric, and the highest they are is 8th in both offensive and defensive pass yards (ironic I know). Take the over.

OVER

-

OCO  Orange County Otters @ Austin Copperheads AUS
Total Score O/U 46.5

I thought this was going to be a wash. Austin is not showing the force they did last season in which they made a run to the ultimus. Orange County is on the other side of the coin, looking like they have improved from last season. I very much suspect that Orange County will win this game. What I did not expect is that Austin is home of the number one pass defense so far this season.  Otters games this year are also averaging 37.6 total points, they have the best defensive points against, and the worst offensive points allowed. So this may be the lowest scoring game of the season, so take the under. 

UNDER

-

CHI RB Madison Hayes O/U 49.5 Rushing Yards

Easily the best RB out of my class, I think that Madison is a fantastic player. I do think that the Sarasota Sailfish are better, especially with their top ranked rushing defense. The only reason why this is so low on my parlay rankings is because I think that 50 yards is extremely attainable, especially given that she hasn't hit it only 1 time all season versus OCO. Yet the under feels right, so that's what I am doing. 

UNDER

-

PHI Philadelphia Liberty (+6.5) vs  COL Colorado Yeti (-6.5)

I am a proud member of the Colorado Yeti, and I am very much a homer. Spoiler alert, I am going to choose the Yeti -6.5 for the bet to take. But I put it at the bottom of my parlay rankings for 2 big reasons. 1, betting the spread scares me, and I don't have enough courage to learn about it, let alone do it. 2, I think Philly has the ability to not only win, but keep it close. They have the 4th ranked pass defense, and if you stop our passing offense, we don't score. So we'll see how the game goes, but this is one bet not to follow. 

COL Colorado Yeti (-6.5)

RE: *Drip's Wet Bets - S29 w6 - shrub02 - 06-03-2021

Glad to see you're doing this again