International Simulation Football League
*Drip's Wet Bets w8 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Drip's Wet Bets w8 (/showthread.php?tid=32744)

*Drip's Wet Bets w8 - Drip - 06-06-2021

Welcome back!

Last week of games I had to rush on the bets, I had work literally 2 minutes after I finished the media piece. But now, it's back to the regularly scheduled program. 

If I am being honest I have not had a great start to this season, but there are some positives. I nailed the away wins in week 6, predicting every team who won. So far, I am 2 mil (and the 1.5mil free bet) down the hole, but it's a long season. So, let's make some money this week huh!

COL Colorado Yeti @ Austin Copperheads AUS
O/U 56.5 Total Points

This is a bet on how well the Austin defense can defend against Caliban, who is having another wild season for us. Austin (1-5-1) is actually the top ranked pass defense this season, allowing only 235.3 yards per game. I was worried that the Philly defense would give us some trouble, and that turned out not to be the case. But the Austin defense hasn't faced a pass offense that is as explosive as the 2nd ranked Yeti. I am looking for a big game from Richard Gilbert, but I don't know if we'll be able to put up insane numbers. I can see us scoring 40-45, which means that Austin will have to score 2 TDs for the over to hit. And while they haven't scored less than 14 points in any game this season, the total points scored in all of the Copperheads games is 48 points per game. I think that they'll be able to hold Caliban in check, and that while the Yeti will win, the over is the risky bet. Go for the under.

2 Mil On The UNDER

-

NYS New York Silverbacks O/U 3.5 Team Sacks.

The Silverback defense is so productive this season. The last 3 games, they have had 16 sacks. That wild production came against 2 teams that are better than Baltimore, who New York is hosting this week. I feel as though this is the closest thing to a lock this week. But then I take a look at Baltimore's O-Line stats, and I am surprised at the fact that they have only allowed more than 1 sack in only 1 game all season (vs. Sarasota). For a team that is averaging just over 5 sacks per game in the Silverbacks, this is a toss up. I am not putting any money on this, because I am not super confident in either outcome. But I am still going to go with the strength of the Silverbacks, and "suggest" the over.

OVER

-

So, we're recapping week 6 and 7 of bets today. For week 6, I did lose all of my money. I decided to go for the parlay, and of course I went for the over on a receiver. But, I did end up going 4-2 to start off season 29, only missing on the Austin vs Orange County under. I wasn't able to put a lot of time into week 7, and unfortunately it showed. I lost my free bet on the Honolulu total yards under. The worst part about it though is that I knew I was going to lose it, but it was too late. I had sent the card in. I also had my first ever 3-3 week, which is kinda fun! I of course am hoping to make some money this week, and thank you for reading Shrub! 

Running Total: 7-5
Money Earned: -2 Mil
Money Up This Week: 2 Mil on Yeti v Copperheads Under

BER  QB Nick Kaepercolin O/U 326.5 Yards Passing

The Berlin QB has struggled recently, throwing under 300 in each of the last 2 weeks. They aren't playing to the last season standards, where they had 2 receivers in the top 10 for fantasy. But they're playing against the Secondline defense that has been known to give up some big yardage through the air. But the Fire Salamanders will be hard pressed to hit the over, so the under is the safer bet. 

UNDER

-

YKW Wraiths (-3.5) vs  SJS Sabercats (+3.5)

I don't like the spread. But this one, this one I don't mind. I feel like not only will San Jose cover, but the Sabercats will win. They have a much better pass offense than they are given credit for, and Yellowknife will struggle to keep up with Monty Jack. 

SJS  San Jose Sabercats (+3.5)

-

ARI RB Tatsu Nakamura O/U 76.5 Rushing Yards

Facing the Philadelphia Liberty this week, Arizona is looking to stop their 2 game skid. I would be a lot more worried about the prospect of them stopping the rushing attack if they had more of a committee. But Nakamura is a stud, and I don't see Philadelphia holding them to under 80 yards rushing. They're averaging over 107 yards per game, and I don't see the 9th ranked Philadelphia rush defense slowing them down at all. 

UNDER

-

OCO RB Goat Tank O/U 81.5 Rushing Yards

Okay, I looked into this and made another 2 mil bet. Orange County is doing so much better this season, and the upgraded rushing attack is a big part of this. But they're facing the regular season buzzsaw that is the Sarasota Sailfish. who are ranked second in the league in defensive yards allowed, points allowed, and rush defense. They only give up 74.5 yards per game, and Orange County is going to split some carries. Of course this could bite me, but let's get this bread and Sarasota, don't let me down.

OVER (And 2 Mil)

RE: Drip's Wet Bets w8 - AdamS - 06-07-2021

needs font color change