International Simulation Football League
Newest League Department!! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=495)
+--- Forum: Job Applications (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=226)
+---- Forum: Filled Jobs (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=522)
+---- Thread: Newest League Department!! (/showthread.php?tid=32753)

Pages: 1 2

Newest League Department!! - DarknessRising - 06-07-2021

Hello everyone

It is with great pleasure that i can announce to the newest department that will be brought to this league. There has been discussion in recent past about highlighting more the amazing media, graphics and podcasts that the users within this league create on a daily basis. Furthermore, there has been serious interest throughout the community for a while now in having more events or competitions centred around these mediums to increase interest and participation. As a result, I welcome you all to enjoy the creation of the

Competition and Contest Department
This department, which will be lead by myself for at least this season, will be tasked with coming up with fun events and tasks for media, graphics and trailing some for podcasts,  that will see users submit in accordance to the guidelines/theme and will be responsible for both judging or hiring judges per event to pick out winners that will receive prize money. These prompts can also be used to help other area of the leagues, one of the first will be towards recruitment, gather spectacular pieces of graphics or media to highlight the league and entice new users to join seeing how wonderful and skilled our community are.

With this announcement, I can also make it known that a graphics competition, with prize money put up by @Jangorhino will soon be on its way, and a media competition will hopefully come once some staff is hired and hopefully see commencement before the end of the regular season of games,.  I can't wait to head this up and be able to showcase the wonderfully creative talents people in our community posses and create more fun events within this league.

But Wait!! That's not all folks. This department will also be catering to the needs a lot of users have been crying out for for a long time. Off-season for many people is a long, drawn-out process that whilst is a busy time for users within groups like HO or GM's of teams, leaves little for the average user to get involved in directly. Included in the responsibilities of this department, will be coming up with off-season events and conducting them for the enjoyment of the community to see off off-season and welcome in the new season.

Anyone who would be interested in working as part of the team coming up with ideas, or as a potential judge for a media/graphics/podcast or all 3, please DM here or on discord  at DarknessRising#6537. Payment for judges will be $2M per event they judge and can be rotated around, permanent workers in the department will be keep to a small number.

[Image: better-grade.png]

RE: Newest League Department!! - qWest - 06-07-2021

Pog

RE: Newest League Department!! - siddhus - 06-07-2021

:eyes:

RE: Newest League Department!! - 124715 - 06-07-2021

Will they do stuff that previous heads have attempted like seasonly media awards or best of PTs?

RE: Newest League Department!! - zaynzk - 06-07-2021

Awesome

RE: Newest League Department!! - Jo3fish5 - 06-07-2021

first

RE: Newest League Department!! - Dallypole - 06-07-2021

sick

RE: Newest League Department!! - WildfireMicro - 06-07-2021

Did I help inspire this?

RE: Newest League Department!! - DarknessRising - 06-07-2021

(06-07-2021, 12:01 PM)124715 Wrote: Will they do stuff that previous heads have attempted like seasonly media awards or best of PTs?

Seasonal media/gfx awards are being discussed further as to whether they will be a separate thing tagged onto awards stream or can be done in conjunction with this.

RE: Newest League Department!! - DarknessRising - 06-07-2021

(06-07-2021, 12:02 PM)WildfireMicro Wrote: Did I help inspire this?

There was an idea of this brought up around media and gfx season awards in Gm chat, that then got done as a suggestion and also more discussion on that  about doing it as a department. Idk exactly who did what but there is probably a good chance if you brought it up somewhere in this process, you helped bring it to the forefront with a few others