International Simulation Football League
(S29) PT 4 - Statues - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S29) PT 4 - Statues (/showthread.php?tid=32845)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

(S29) PT 4 - Statues - siddhus - 06-14-2021

(S29) PT 4 - Statues
Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 200 words. Graphic responses must show more effort than a text box on an unedited image.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S29 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, June 20, at 11:59 ET. Have fun and get writing!

Written option: Your team has designated an area outside the stadium for a new statue but are struggling to confirm which candidate from their shortlist is deserving of such an honor. Which figure from your team, past or present, do you believe is worthy of being immortalized? What led to you choosing them?

Graphic option: Make a graphic that shows someone you believe should get a statue from your team. Include stats or anything else that could help their case.

Affiliate claims from SHL and PBE are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there. Make sure the week of the affliate PT matches with the week of this point task.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please.

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=9205 - Submit Prompt Ideas here!

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - siddhus - 06-14-2021

I think this is obvious. While Honolulu has had a short history, there has been one name that has always put in effort week in and week out, and that has to be the legend Jed Podolak. Wide Reciever selected in the Season 22 Expansion Draft, every season has given it his all, no matter when we had to go through expansion team struggles. I don't even think we managed another active from that expansion draft, so we are so greatful that we got him to lead the pack as a great option. He led the league in touchdowns multiple seasons, and has always been a reliable recieving option for us. While he did retire last season with regression hitting hard, his presense on the field is surely missed this season, and we can only hope players like Lalo Salamanca and Eleven Kendrick-Watts can replicate the impact he had. I think having Podolak statue in front of our stadium, with him in a pose of catching a touchdown would fit him so well because that was what he was great at doing. i am sure as Honolulu's history continues more players will deserve great memories like Podolak, but for now, I can not think of any player that has impacted Honolulu as much as he did. Hopefully is enjoying retirement.

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - Crunk - 06-14-2021

It’s fair to say the Arizona Outlaws haven’t seen much playoff success in a while, but that doesn’t mean the franchise hasn’t had great players in that time.

The Outlaws conducted a fan vote for who they wanted to see immortalised outside the stadium, and it was dominated by players who departed recently. Surprisingly high was Zamir Kehla, but this was later traced back to a late hijacking of the vote by a SaberCats fan forum. In second place was future Hall of Fame wide receiver Saba Donut, but he will get his own statue in the hall. The fans chose their messiah, the Arizona icon, recently departed quarterback Jay Cue.

Fans were invited to comment with their nominations. Here is a selection of their thoughts:

“No matter how many interceptions Cue had thrown, he was never afraid to get back behind center, look downfield and throw another interception.”

“When Cue took off for a run, you knew he would go 30 yards. And yeah, sometimes he fumbled it, but that was nearly as good as a punt.”

“I met Cue once in his rookie year. He was really drunk, and I think he was eating a cigar. Anyway, this statue better be of Cue in his prime, not the fat guy they made into a lineman because he was under contract.”

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - FootballIsCool - 06-14-2021

As a newer playing in the International Simulation Football League, I find it very difficult to narrow the list down to just one player. I would think the Sarasota Sailfish would commission a statue including the entire season 27 Championship winning defense. This was a defense thath came into the playoffs hungry. Starting off with a shoot out in Sarasota against the Yellow Knife Wraiths. Notable, Derred de Ville came out firing on all cylinders, registering eleven tackles, one sack, one forced fumble and a fumble recovery with 30 seconds left to close the game out and put Yellow Knife away.

In the next game of the series. Sarasota played against a stout Colorado defense. But Sarasota yet again played the game fighting for every possession. Sarasota ended up having a total of 6 turnovers being four interceptions and two fumble recoveries. Colorado forced two fumble recoveries. This massive slide in possessions is what gave Sarasota the power to win this game 47-27.  Jamie Nkiah was given the defensive player of the game but I think that title should have gone to a young Harrison Andrews who played out of his mind. Leading the team in Tackles with eight, had a forced fumble, led the team in pass deflections with four and also had himself two interceptions.

In the championship game defense was stout once again. It was a team effort to shut down New Orleans but the play that got Big Mo on Sarasota’s side was a fumble recovery that was converted into a touch down by Rookie Demon Jaxson.

All in all, I would bronze the entire Sarasota S27 Championship winning defense but if I were to only pick one or two players from that defense I would probably have a combination of Harrison Andrews and Demon Jaxson from their top tier performance in getting Sarasota a championship even though I would prefer the entire defense.

[314 words]

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - Opera_Phantom - 06-14-2021

The Yellowknife Wraiths have a long and successful history in the league, so the player shortlist for a statue is not really a "short" one to be honest. But if i had to pick one straight out of the bat to get one, and it would be unanimous, it had to be Maurice Virtanen.
The Finnish player was part of the giant (biggest ever at the date) season 18 recruitment and draft and when active he was the top player in TPE pretty much since the very start. He was also a big league contributor, holding multiple jobs and not only we can say that he was an integral part of the Wraiths growth, but a giant one in helping the league becoming what it is today.
Unfortunately, for personal reasons, his career was cut short, but he managed to spend it all playing in Yellowknife and even today we get to see him pop up every once in a while to check how things are going and offering advice to newer players.
For his contribution to the team, i think it is more than fair that he becomes immortalized in the stadium access, so that every fan can remember what he did in the seasons he played in Yellowknife.

(210 words)

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - Dp-420 - 06-14-2021

This is a hard topic to write about for me. The London Royals have only been in the DSFL for 8 seasons total with Season 29 being their 9th season in existence. In the 8 completed seasons the Royals have gone to 4 Ultimini’s winning 2 and losing 2, while reaching the playoffs in 6 of the 8 seasons. Ideally If I could build a statue, it would be a Mount Rushmore inspired statue. On this statue would be all three Quarterbacks of the London Royals up until now. Colby Jack, Charlemagne Cortez and Red Arrow. They currently hold the distinction as being the only organization to have every quarterback in their franchise history take them to the Ultimini. Jack was not able to win one, however he was able to lead London to the Ultimini in just their second season in the league, and he won an Ultimus with Yellowknife last season. He started the winning tradition that is now deeply instilled into the London Royals franchise. He lasted in the DSFL for 3 seasons, only missing the playoffs his first season, and like I previously started helped them to the Ultimini in his 2nd season where they got beat by another DSFL powerhouse with a tradition of winning, the Tijuana Luchadores. (I personally have routes within BOTH franchised as the Luchadores gave me a shot off the waiver wire in season 28). In his third season in the DSFL Colby Jack was able to reach the playoffs but lost in heart breaking loss to the Coyotes 14-13. Late in that game the Royals got a huge interception on KC’s side of the field with just under 3 minutes to go. But after a quick 3 downs that included Jack getting sacked, they went for it on fourth and were unsuccessful allowing the Coyotes to advance to the Ultimini against the Seawolves.  After season 23, exit Colby Jack, Enter Charlemagne Cortez. In his first season under center for the London, Cortez lead the Royals to their first Ultimini championship in pretty dramatic fashion. Down 17-14 heading in to the fourth quarter, the Royals were able to convert 10 unanswered points to move ahead and win the Ultimini 24-17 over the Seawolves. In Charlemagne’s second season he was able to lead London back to the Ultimini with a record high in wins for the Royals, who seen 11 victories in the S 25 regular season.  They lost to a 6-8 Tijuana Luchadores squad. In season 26 the Royals took a step back finishing with a record of 9-5 and being dismissed in the first round by the Pythons of Portland. That is now 5 times consecutively out of 6 total seasons that the Royals were post season bound. Exit Charlemagne, enter Red Arrow, the 3rd head on my Mount Rushmore of Royals QB’s. Red Arrow’s first season in London was the first down season for the Royals since their season 21 inception. They finished 6-8, dead last in the division, and no playoffs. Season 28 however would be a completely different story. Last season Red Arrow was able to lead the Royals to first place in the North Division with a 11-3 record. This also appeared to be Red’s last chance at getting that championship he so desperately wanted.  The Royals beat the Pythons this time, and advanced to the Ultimini vs the Luchadores where London really put a hurting onto the boys from Tijuana 26-10 and they have claimed victory in only their 2nd of 4 Ultimini Bowls! (And remember they have only been in the league for 8 seasons at this point).
That is my statue. The London Royals have seen Colby Jack go on to become the best QB in the ISFL for a couple seasons. Red Arrow is on his way to doing the same thing as he currently holds almost all the single season passing records and single game passing records, except for the two record Dustin Parmelee recently broke the Completion Percentage record and the QB Rating record.  Not that there is any pressure on the young QB, but he has a standard to uphold, and he would hate to go down as the first London’s QB not to reach the Ultimini.  The Royals are off to a good start here in Season 29, sitting tied in 2nd place with Kansas City, and The Grey Ducks have the division lead with a 6-1 record.  Parm will have this season, and next season to accomplish this feat, as there is no certainty, he will be back for season 31. So whether he is able to get London to the promise land this season or next is yet to be seen. I wish them luck in their pursuit of yet another playoff run.  Im sorry, I did not include any defensive guys but there was a theme to this PT.
Code:

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - NicholasTheGreat - 06-14-2021

[Image: unknown.png]

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - Number 82 - 06-14-2021

[Image: gsbE780.png]

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - WildfireMicro - 06-14-2021

In terms of the Philadelphia Liberty getting a new statue of a player there are definitely quite a few candidates available. But I just have to choose the goat RB and future Hall of Famer Sam Torenson. Despite originally being drafted to the then expansion Chicago Butchers Sam was traded to the Liberty two seasons into his career and he has meant a whole lot to the organization and Tsuyu was extremely happy to have been able to play with such a goat even if it was only for one season. He had nearly 14,000 rushing yards and exactly 100 rushing touchdowns in his career and was a force for Philadelphia even in thier down years.

He played in 186 games and even though he wasn't used as much in his last season when he had extremely low TPE he still had his moments of glory and was able to get to that one hundred touchdown mark. The Liberty were criticized for using last season when he was on his last legs but he still contributed. He was one of the best  players the Philadelphia Liberty organization has ever had and a sure fire Hall of Famer with Philadelphia hopefully looking to retire his number and have it be a banner in Taco Bell Stadium soon.

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - zeagle1 - 06-14-2021

Well as the GM of the Portland Pythons, I am extremely honored to announce that the first statue in our GM walk of fame is.... @RDBSouthPaw! South is the obvious choice here, as he is the single most iconic Portland Python of all time. During his tenure as GM, he took qWest's rebuilding efforts to the next level. The season before we were GM, we were 6-8. In the season following we were 7-7 with horrid sim luck, and then in the two seasons following him we went 13-1 and 11-3. Without South's dedication to scouting and the league, Portland would likely still be a bottom feeding team that would occasionally scrape a playoff spot. Beyond South's incredible contributions as GM, he also started the Portland Pythons hall of fame, which he will soon be a member of. On top of all of that, South is just a great guy, he would take the time to get to know every single person that he was a GM for, and was super patient with all the new players. I still think he would be a perfect rookie mentor, even though that's not something he is interested in. I am super excited to welcome my amazing mentor, South, to the Portland Walk of Fame!
Code:
212 words