International Simulation Football League
(S29) PT 4 - Statues - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S29) PT 4 - Statues (/showthread.php?tid=32845)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - iStegosauruz - 06-20-2021

Going to take this PT the other direction and use it as a chance to bash Colt Mendoza because honestly thats one of my favorite activities in life. If anyone should get a statue for the Silverbacks its obviously Brandon Prince for his contributions in being a touchdown vulture. There have been games in which he averages a touchdown every four touches. Its actually mental. Mendoza absolutely does not deserve a statue, however. He's a bum in every sense of the word. This is his second season with a fully maxed build and he can only manage 3 INTs. Somehow Harrison Andrews has found the fountain of interceptions with his ridiculous 5 for the second or third year in a row. Although he's third in the league for PDs, Mendoza led the league for multiple weeks before falling 8 back of the leader which is like an additional two weeks. He's had games where he hasn't even gotten one PD which is pretty obvious when you watch him get burned for a 15 yard gain literally every time the ball is thrown in his direction. The sim has the ability to let the defense "target" a player on the opposing team's offensive. If that feature was reversed the Silverbacks would never win because you'd just chuck it at Mendoza every play.

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - Amidships - 06-20-2021

For Austin, it is fairly easy. The original leader of the team and long time quarterback Easton Cole would be one of the first statues to be placed in front of 16 Copperhead Road. His relationship with and involvement with the management of the team only cements his legacy. In terms of pose; it would have to be a likeness of the famous picture of Cole scrambling against OCO for a touchdown. Cole was the epitome of what it means to be a Copperhead, going out there every week and giving it their all. Sometimes he gave it all to the opposing teams with his gun slinging style, but he more than made up for it with his incredible touchdown passes and game management. There are many others that deserve statues as well; Mako Mendonca, Net Gaines, Kyle Idlewyld, and Alfredo Crisco. At the end of the day, though, Easton Cole is the biggest stand out of them all. Playing longer than any of them, perhaps longer than anyone expected of him even. His attitude and passion for the team's success is unrivalled and showed in every game he played. He even made sure to mentor the newer players when they first hit the field. The first statue on the grounds of 16 Copperhead Road would undoubtedly be Easton Cole.

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - The_Kidd - 06-20-2021

When I first joined this league, I joined the upstart London Royals. In their second year of existence, the Royals made the Ultimini. Since I left, the Royals made 3 more appearances, they won two of those titles(including one the following season I left). The Royals have rostered some great players, including: Eric Richards, Greedy Sly, Lesean Paris Crooks, Charlemagne Cortez, Juan Domine, Busch Light, Tayshawn Crunk, Gunner Thornbjornsson, Tugg Speedman, L'Glazzy Burfict, Steven Wadham, Cj Sonjack, Swantavious Jones, Schumi Hulkenvettel, and Jake Fencik. However, if a statue were to be built, the first statue should be dedicated to the OG Royals Draft Class of season 21.

The Royals first year, set the tone that this upstart squad was not a joke. They would become a persistent threat in the immediate future. The inaugural roster featured big names such as Colby Jack, Nick Kaepercolin, Eldrick Avery, Ben Stackinpaper, Derred De Ville, Sandro Ryeu, and Claude Miller II. But the biggest name, and still one of the biggest names in Royals lore is the one and only Acura Skyline. Although Skyline has wondered off into other ventures while chilling on the Hawaiin beaches, there was a point where he was the most feared up and coming running back. That mainly came from his lone season in London where he collected Offensive Player of the Year, Rookie of the Year, and Running Back of the Year honors. That type of pedigree put London on the map for future prospects and made many top flight backs want to take a chance at breaking his records(a few still stand to this day).

So if we're giving a statue to the Royals, Acura Skyline has to be first in line.

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - SwankyPants31 - 06-20-2021

For the Colorado Yeti, I really don’t think it’s that hard to choose an individual user/player that is deserving of a statue. For a long time, the Yeti were considered a joke franchise. They struggled throughout their early history to put together winning seasons, and to this date are the only team in the league to have gone winless for two seasons straight. Despite spending so much time as basically the consensus worst team in the league, the Yeti now have a reputation for being one of the “power” teams and perennial playoff contenders with a reputation of being an extremely attractive destination for free agents. The person ultimately responsible, in my opinion at least, for that turnaround is infinitempg, and I would memorialize his quarterback Wolfie McDummy with a statue. Honorable mentions go out to Frick Nasty’s Mo Berry and woelker’s Bubba Thumper for being two legendary players and General Managers who lead the team to it’s first Ultimus victory, but I think infinite still has to get the nod here. Infinite to the best of my knowledge is the longest tenured Yeti, with more than one of his players ending up in Colorado. He was also responsible for bringing those two previously mentioned general managers to Colorado. Even though he passed on the GM job before winning the big game, he was able to win it on the field with McDummy and I think is the most deserving person of a statue.

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - firstfray - 06-20-2021

As a relatively new member to both the league and the Kansas City Coyotes, I struggled with this. I looked through some of KCCs record books but decided that the the long time receiver Eleven Kendrick Watts deserved the honor of receiving a statue outside of the stadium. After staying for a couple of years as a Coyote, Watts cemented himself as a leader on and off the field. He proved to be a reliable target for QB Troy Abed and was the star receiver for the high powered KCC offense. Although the Coyotes fell short of the championship while he was there, his presence on the team definitely was a driving force on the team and helped the new rookies get acclimated quickly. When he was on the field, Watts was catching TDs left and right and making huge gains on crucial downs. While this helped out immensely, his true value came as a leader. The GMs saw how he was in practice and wanted his input when it was time for the Coyotes to be on the clock in the draft. Watts helped to scout the new generation of Coyotes. While there may be some more deserving Coyotes of this statue, Watts’ production on and off the field is deserving of some recognition.

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - LimJahey - 06-20-2021

The Butchers have been unfortunate throughout their entire existence, never once making it to the Ultimus, and having multiple seasons end in heartbreak. Throughout the roughest times of the Butchers, there was one single player who stayed with Chicago, and always performed consistently as one of the best at their position. Sean O'Leary was drafted by the Butchers back in S19, around the time Chicago was attempting to trade for pieces to make a playoff run. The Butchers would never make it to the playoffs in the era they were ring chasing, and it all came to a head when almost the entire organization imploded in S21. With both GM's stepping down, there was a call for two new GM's. The new GM's would bring in a much needed change, and hope, but the Butchers would feel the damage from that era until they finally made the playoffs in S24, and had a positive record in S25. O'Leary was there with Chicago the whole time, but was too late for the rise of the young Butcher team. Throughout his whole career, he stayed true to the Butchers, never slacking off, or speaking ill of the franchise, even when the dreaded Tyron Shields took over as GM. After his retirement, the team management decided to create a statue of O'Leary for his dedication to the team, and also nicknamed their fan club on the 50 yard line the "Blue Line" in his honor.

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - UltimateYeehaw - 06-20-2021

Given the fact that I am still relatively new to the league and only know about players since the moment I joined (somewhere in Season 27 I think,) there are only a few options for statues I can think of. We could go with the rag tag team of rookies from Baltimore’s Season 28 draft. With our one handed hero that is one of the greatest receivers the league will ever have to the iconic goose that honks with such ferocity that opponents quake in the soundwaves. However, the most important statue would be hands down the one, the only, Chunt the Badger. Known for his dashingly good looks and interesting personality to match, Chunt is the true icon of the ISFL as a whole. He will be one of the best players to ever grace the Baltimore field. It would be a disservice of the hawks to deny the only badger in the league the opportunity to shine and forever be memorialized as the greatest badger to ever play the beautiful game of football. No one has, no one can, and no one will be as incredible both on and off the field as our favorite badger. It is with that being said and henceforth will be known to the league that the Hawks stadium will house a 35 foot tall statue of Chunt the Badger.

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - Haseo - 06-20-2021

Code:
215 words

Excuse me, fellow players of the International Football Simulation League, do you have a moment to listen to the story of Daria Guava-Fresca, the Ultimini winning kicker who only played one season and died tragically after being murdered for celebrating? That's right. While celebrating the Norfolk Seawolves' season 23 Ultimini win, Melvin Murder-Moose was celebrating with close friends Daria Guava-Fresca, Bjorn Ironside, Tesla Ironside, and Adelie de Pengu. It was during this celebration that Melvin announced that he would desire a piece of cake. Everybody complied except for Guava-Fresca, who shooed him away from the cake. This sent Melvin Murder-Moose into a fit of rage and murdered Guava-Fresca.

Why would someone who murdered a fellow ISFL player be allowed to continue to play in the ISFL? Why, he has the best lawyers of course. Since the incident involving Guava-Fresca, Melvin’s lawyer made sure to include the stipulation in his contract that he be provided cake at any time.

In memory of Daria Guava-Fresca, the Norfolk Seawolves will be erecting a statue of Guava-Fresca outside their home stadium. You will be able to see the legendary kicker in her uniform kicking the field goal that won the Season 23 Ultimini for the Norfolk Seawolves. You may even see Melvin sneaking up behind her, demanding that cake...

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - ComebackZak - 06-20-2021

For me, I have only been on the New York Silverbacks for just over 1 full season and I haven't dedicated the time to fully grasping the history this team has in regards to players who can be seen as the face of the franchise. While one day I can only hope Tugg Speedman will be enshrined in the big apple, I think for now the easy answer for me is Jackson Kingston. Jackson has been a consistent presence on the field, in the locker, and out in the public for years repping the Silverbacks and the city of New York. He is a true leader in every facet of the word and has helped Tugg become a better wide receiver. I can't think of anyone more deserving or dominant for the Silverbacks to be enshrined out front of the stadium. So even though it's early, Kingston is certainly building onto his legacy this year and the many seasons to come in New York.

Just a small bonus, but I think Tugg Speedman should get enshrined in London for the Royals as he was truly a beloved player there and absolutely balled out. He set records and was a part of two memorable teams that made it to the playoffs, with an unfortunate heartbreaking ultimini loss. Tugg was a fan favorite in every sense of the word for that team and it would go a long way.

Code:
237 words

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - HalfEatenOnionBagel - 06-20-2021

For the Chicago Butchers, one player that you absolutely have to make a statue for is none other than the most famous Butcher of all time Sean O'Leary. Drafted in the dark days of the Butchers' history, O'Leary stuck through some of the most difficult seasons that any franchise in the ISFL has ever known. But he never once complained, never once demanded a trade, and never once did he ever show any sign of quit on the field. When a new regime came into town, he didn't demand a trade or a ridiculous contract. He composed himself and he put da team on his back doh. Alongside a bunch of new faces, including a new QB that he'd have to go through growing pains with, O'Leary established himself as a leader and a mentor for the Butchers. While he was rarely looked at by the league as an elite player at the wide receiver position until late in his tenure, Chicago fans could tell he was something special from the first day he set foot on the field. IT's unfortunate the team was never able to get him the coveted Ultimus trophy but O'Leary was always the hardest worker, a consummate professional and without a doubt the most famous Butcher in franchise history.