International Simulation Football League
(S29) PT 4 - Statues - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S29) PT 4 - Statues (/showthread.php?tid=32845)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - moonlight - 06-20-2021

The Orange County Otters have a storied history at the QB position and have now announced a new feature to be displayed on the outside of the stadium; a statue exhibition along with a mural of a QB from the Otters history. And now the debate unfolds on which QB it is. For the Otters, it is a storied position group with many great QBs. Namely, Mike Boss, Gus Showbiz, and Franklin Armstrong. All MVP, all multiple time Ultimus Champs, multiple time quarterbacks of the year and most recently, all Hall of Famers. Now the question remains which one should have the statue exhibit. The answer is a little simpler when we remove Showbiz from the debate. He has less awards, and ultimus’s compared to the other two Boss and Armstrong. Now when it comes to Boss and Armstrong, the debate becomes old school vs new school. Armstrong is the best rushing quarterback of all time and also had a fairly efficient passing career, especially in the playoffs. Boss on the other hand, has pretty much all volume passing number records and especially in the regular season. Both have 3 MVPs, and 3 Ultimus Rings. But Armstrong does edge him out in total Ultimus Player of the Game Awards.

It’s a tough debate that was suddenly rendered void when the Otters revealed that the memorial was dedicated to all 3 quarterbacks to commemorate their 3 HOF careers.

Code:
237 words

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - JaytheGreat - 06-20-2021

As New York is one of the 2 newest teams in the league it might be a little early to start putting up statues but I'm here to make the case anyways. My 1st thought would be the original New York Sack Exchange, I maybe a little bias in that part as I was part of that group but I think it should be considered none the less. If you specific players the 2 that stand out to me is Jack Banks the LB who was taken with New York's 1st pick in their expansion draft and QB Sam Howitzer. Howitzer was picked up on expansion draft day in a trade with Yellowknife. Since joining the both players have made a huge impact in New York with both of them being the team's leaders on their respective side of the ball. If I was forced to choice though I would probably go with Banks. New York has always been a physical defense first type team and the leader of that group is Banks. Not to take anything away from Sam but the conservative approach to offense during his 1st few seasons hurt his numbers a little bit but there is still one main problem both Howitzer and Banks are still playing so maybe New York should wait a few more seasons to start the statue making.

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - GlimsTC - 06-20-2021

When it comes to Austin, a choice for who's deserving of a statue is honestly a really tough call to make. On our roster currently, we feature Zoe Watts, Videl-San, and Dex Kennedy, who are all honestly players in considering for HoF nods or will be in consideration for a nod. They are some of the absolute best players in their positions consistently, which is not a situation I feel many teams can find themselves in. That being said, the problem here is that if you're going for a player with longevity, it's an argument of Zoe Watts vs Videl-San. But if you're talking overall, I almost feel like it has to be Dex Kennedy just for that one magical run he had in S28, winning pretty much every award he touched and being considered for MVP. I feel like one can say that it was him who helped lead the charge towards the Ultimus that season with how many stunning performances he had. It's a shame we couldn't have had him for longer, because I feel like had he spent his entire career with the Copperheads, he's easily one of our best players of all time. So, while he may not be the most "logical" choice in a more realistic scenario, I genuinely feel like Dex deserves to be enshrined as a Copperhead legend with a statue.

(228 words)