International Simulation Football League
(S29) PT 4 - Statues - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S29) PT 4 - Statues (/showthread.php?tid=32845)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - dude_man - 06-17-2021

If you have not heard, this is Ben Slothlisberger’s last year for NOLA. The dude has been a phenomenal player for the Second Line, and if anyone deserves to have a statue up, it should be him. After appearing in back-to-back Ultimus, he is poised to make the HoF in my opinion. Also reigning MVP of S28, he has also been a great leader to the team throughout his career. After starting for the Luchadores as a backup QB, “Sloth” led his way to QB starter, and eventually a QB star. He quickly caught fire with the Second Line after they drafted him, and so far, he’s proven to be worth every cent as far as value is concerned with the team. Every game that gets played makes me realize how much I’ll miss him as our leader and teammate, whether that’s just joking around and making everybody around feel good, to showing each and every player how to be better on the field. But I know Ishe… ReallyInvisible will do great things for us and will look to do whatever he can to become that next great player for us. If Sloth doesn’t get a statue by the end of next season, I’m probably going to riot. He deserves one and he will always be a legend in New Orleans! Thank you for everything you have done!

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - qWest - 06-17-2021

In my eyes, there's really only two occasions that warrant putting up a statue at the team's stadium: either to memorialize a true franchise legend whose name has become synonymous with that team, such as Franklin Armstrong for the Orange County Otters, or the statue should memorialize the players that put the team on their backs to bring home the treasured Ultimus trophy. I don't know that there are any current Outlaws players or players that I know of that have reached the status deserving of that first scenario, but looking at Arizona's most recent Ultimus victory, there are definitely some deserving candidates. After winning the league's first three Ultimus Bowls, Arizona has only appeared in the big game once, when they took on and defeated the Philadelphia Liberty for Ultimus Bowl XVI. The Outlaws had three separate skill players put up over 100 yards in this game, all three of whom were running backs. Therefore, I propose the Arizona Outlaws organization memorialize their most recent championship with "The Three-Headed Monster," featuring playoff breakout hero Seer Zephyrous (164 rush yards in the regular season, 116 yards in the Ultimus with 26 yards receiving and a touchdown), stalwart workhorse Slim Shady (127 combined yards in the Ultimus), and the Ultimus Bowl XVI MVP, a running back in name only, Jeffery Murphy, who absolutely destroyed the Liberty with 120 yards receiving and 3 touchdowns, including the game winning reception in the 4th quarter to secure the game 34-30.

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - Net - 06-17-2021

It's a nice day in Duluth, Minnesota. The General Managers are deciding which former player to honor with a new statue just outside of their stadium. They have a few options, but ultimately, they go with an outside choice...Oliver Sloan. Oliver Sloan joined the Grey Ducks prior to the S23 DSFL draft and even got a few snaps at quarterback. However, the team had other plans for Sloan, moving him to safety. It was a shock to Sloan, who was a Division One quarterback, but Sloan proved worthy, and was a big help to the Grey Ducks defense from the years S23-S26. He might of not been the flashiest dude on the field, however he definitely left an impact on the locker room, becoming one of the better Grey Duck teammates. A 75 tackle S26 that included 3 interceptions was also pretty nice, and while it wasn't top notch for the league, it was 4th on the team and tied 1st in interceptions that year, with Damian Blackfyre Sr. Sloan was also a very late round selection, as he had to grind his way to an ISFL roster. After going south to Chicago in S27, Sloan would not be a Grey Duck ever again, however he still pays his respects, as whenever he gets a sack at his new position defensive end, he flaps his arms as if they were wings.

231 words

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - Thor - 06-17-2021

The choice for the Orange County Otters is a simple one, assuming they don't have any statues outside their stadium at present then there is one main player that Orange County should build a stadium of before anyone else. That player, of course - is none other than Hall of Famer, Franklin Armstrong. The logic as to why he's the only correct choice lies in his accomplishments in his career as an Otter. I could write a 10 point ultimus task on his accolades but I will provide the highlights for this one:
3x Ultimus Champion
3x League MVP
2x Quarterback of the Year
6x Pro Bowler
58.2% Career Pass percentage
26,129 Passing Yards
170-67 TD-INT
4272 Rushing Yards
37 Rushing TDs

These awards/stats are an incredible accomplishment, and the fact that it was all achieved under the long-term success of the Otters lend credence to the fact that without Franklin Armstrong, the history of the team could have been very different.

I will never forget my early days in the league, watching Franklin Armstrong outrun an entire defense like the second coming of Michael Vick was a thing of beauty, and for that he deserves the honour of having his image immortalised as a statue at the stadium in Orange County.

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - .emfaith - 06-17-2021

Okay, so this is my very first ISFL Point Task, and what a task to start with. I know one player. The only player I actually know is Achtfünf and does he actually deserve a trophy? Probably more than the footballer who I'm actually going to talk about. This footballer is an absolute legend of the game.  A Quater Back worth emulating. The things that he accomplished with the DSFL and ISFL is astounding. His first appearance is seen in the Season 14 Prospect bowl, winning the ultimini with Palm Beach Solar Bears in Season 15. He then was taken in a contraction to Tijuana in Season 16 and 17. Towards the end of Season 17 came a trade to the Norfolk Seawolves. He then won an Utlimaus with the New Orleans Second Line.

This man had a relatively short lived career but has inspired many with his good looks, charming personality and mad skills with the ball. In all honesty, whether or not he coasted on his looks or actually had ball skills is another matter altogether.  He has accrued such a following - one could say even cult-like - that even a new player to the league, like myself, has heard of him and thinks he deserves a statue in his honour. Of course this statue would probably belong at the Church of Gimmy and not an any ISFL stadium or head quarters but it would definitely be honouring of the league for Gimmy Jarapollo to be immortalised in stone

252 Words

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - Thelastheraclid - 06-18-2021

[Image: JODadWV.png]

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - .simo - 06-18-2021

For my point task this week I am going to talk about someone from the Berlin Fire Salamanders. They are a fairly new team so there hasn't really been much of a chance for someone to do enough to deserve a statue but if someone was going to get one I think we could build one to Joe Petrongolo. This man was taken in the S25 expansion draft from the Arizona Outlaws with the first pick that Berlin had and he has done nothing but live up to those expectations. Every season he has been nothing but a great RB for Berlin including his S26 campaign where he was an MVP level player for Berlin all season long. Many of the franchise records for points, TD and other rushing records are all owned by him at this point which isn't super surprising but he came in with a job to be one of the key pieces on our offence even early on when there wasn't as much firepower on the throwing side of the offence and he has lived up to that every step of the way. He is also an absolutely great team mate who is always around the locker room and always having a lot of fun. Hope I get to play with him again on his recreate.

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - Pythonic - 06-18-2021

[Image: BIRDDOGS_LEGEND_KIRKLAND_BABY.png]

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - wearingabear - 06-18-2021

There is a time in history when you expect great players to do great things, and when they accomplish those great things they should be rewarded, and handsomely. The Dallas Birddogs have been in many chats with former star Linebacker, Luke Watterson. This 6 foot 2 inch beast of a human, who weighs 225 pounds of pure muscle was there with the Birddogs when he was needed most. He was a huge locker room presence the entire time he was active on the birddogs. His physical stature made him an absolute beast on the gridiron. Not only that, but his community outreach made him an instant fan favorite. Every charity event that was happening in and around Dallas, he was there. He was hosting training camps, he was serving Thanksgiving dinner at homeless shelters, he was donating half his paycheck to ensure that every one in his community was taken care of. So not only is Luke Watterson an incredible person to have in your locker room, but around it too. When the birddogs decided to immortalize this more than human Linebacker, a statue is the only appropriate thing they could think of. The Watterson camp is still waiting to hear back on the design of the statue, but it seems like it will be an appropriate fit for Dallas and Watterson.

RE: (S29) PT 4 - Statues - Raven - 06-18-2021

Code:
Written option: Your team has designated an area outside the stadium for a new statue but are struggling to confirm which candidate from their shortlist is deserving of such an honor. Which figure from your team, past or present, do you believe is worthy of being immortalized? What led to you choosing them?

There is only one person in the history of the Hahalua franchise that is deserving of a statue. To be immortalized into the history of the club, to stand proud and tall over the area outside of the Ku Dome. Their likeness to be witness by generations to come.

And that person is non other than

RAY THE MANTA RAY!!!

The teams mascot has been around the team since day 1 and has always put his mark on the team. Whether it is getting the crowd fired up during games, getting into funny gags with the away fans, their work in the field of chairty trying to put smiles on the faces of those who deserve a smile on their face. Ray is the epidemi of what it is to be a Hahalua. To be a part of the heart and soul of a team and of the community surrounding the team and the entire city of Honolulu and all the islands that make up hawai'i. Ray has been through the roughest of day and the greatest achievements.

So it will be with great honour that the Honolulu Hahalua's create a statue in the honour of this great figure for the club. You can never take the ray out of the club.

[212 words]