International Simulation Football League
*The Discovery of a Very Scary Guy - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *The Discovery of a Very Scary Guy (/showthread.php?tid=32851)

*The Discovery of a Very Scary Guy - Toasty - 06-14-2021

It is 4 th and goal at the one yard line a minute is left on the clock, and we are only up by 4 points. A touchdown here will kill our chances at going to state championship, and most of all will kill my chance at continuing to play football since all the big scouts are here. I need to show that I can deliver when the game is on the line. Dad I hope you are watching because I know you would be proud to see me here. One hand on the ground. One in the air. Do not wait for the snap, do not be offsides. Listen for the cadence. Anticipate the snap. Bull rush, wait no speed rush this guy he will not be expecting it, you have bull rushed on over 90 percent of your rushes so far. Time to switch things up. Here comes the snap. Thrust your midair arm, create momentum, most of all get by this guy and get the running back. The ball is snapped, you are moving... It is a fake handoff to the running back, quarter back keeper play. Crap I am off balance trying to correct myself and get to that quarterback now, I was not expecting this. The quarter back is headed right for my hole, I need to get off this guy right now. Swim move….

This was what was going through the head of Grandview Heights' star defensive tackle R.L. Stine as they were just one game away from the Ohio State High School Championship game on 4th and goal with the game on the line. He is going up against the 4 th best offensive lineman in the country, but before we go any farther, we need to go back and learn R.L. Stine's back story.

R.L. Stine was born on December 7 th, 2026, to a small family that would soon become the grand total of 6. He was the 3 rd eldest son to Fred and Jenny Stine. He was born and raised in a suburb of Columbus Ohio in Franklin County called Grandview Heights. The Stine Family was the definition of a middle class family. They were not flush with cash, but they were not poor. They were able to go on family vacations, but they were not to the fancy places like Paris, France. They had a Cadillac Escalade, but it was not brand new, nor was it over 10 years old. They were your cookie cutter American Family. They were the ordinary family next door. The kids went to school and got good grades and the parents went to work in Columbus working the typical 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. shifts. That was until Fred Stine was coming home from work on evening, October 17 th, 2036, when R.L. Stine was just 9 years old and got hit by an East Bound training that was carrying 48 cars of grain headed. He was rushed to the hospital with a collapsed lung and multiple other injuries and before they got to the hospital, he was pronounced dead. The death of Fred Stine angered R.L. Stine. He did not want to waste his life and wanted to make a name for himself. In order to help him channel his anger into something productive instead of something destructive Jenny Stine introduced R.L. Stine to football. From the start he was a natural. At 5 foot 165 pound and lean he was a freak on the defensive line. By the time he was 11 he had gotten the nickname goosebumps after an opposing quarter back told his coach that he had goosebumps watching R.L. Stine practice before a game.

R.L. Stine quickly became the hot prospect around Columbus, Ohio. Schools were reaching out to him trying to get him to join their school to be a part of their football program. In the end he decided to stick with Grandview Heights because Sean Jeffers was like a father to him after his father was killed in the train accident. By the time R.L. Stine was in 6 th grade he had already raised the eyes of many coaches in and around Columbus, Ohio.  He was already in the weight room and had his own personal trainer. By the end of his 6 th grade season, he was practicing with the junior high players after his pee wee practices because he wanted to make his game even better. He was practicing with players like SCSFL HoFer Mexico City defensive lineman Willie B Hardagain. He learned how to speed rush guy from Willie B. Hardagain and picked up on many of Hardagain’s tricks. By the time he was in 9 th grade he was 6 foot 2 and 245 pounds and was a gym rat. If he was not practicing football, he was in the gym. By the time he was in 10 th grade he was a varsity starter for Grandview Heights. By the time he was in 11 th grade he was breaking the defensive school records. By the time he was in 12 th grade he was getting offers from college scouts. But the game before the Ohio State High School Football Championship he was told by Sean Jeffers that ISFL scouts were going to be at the game to watch the offensive lineman that R.L. Stine was going to be going up against. R.L. Stine saw this as an opportunity to job over playing in college and playing right away in the Pro leagues. Throughout the semifinal game it was a back and forth fight against the two of them.

Swim move. Crap he gabbed my ribs. I am off balanced. He jabs me again. Crap here goes my chances. I am on the ground. I just got pancaked on the single biggest play of my career. I have made a fool of myself. I have let my entire team down. This is the worst way to finish my high school career.

After the game he was approached by a scout from the ISFL and was told that he had the chance to be a defensive tackle in the development league of the ISFL and to be waiting by the phone for a call

RE: The Discovery of a Very Scary Guy - zaynzk - 06-14-2021

Glad to have u back toasty!!