International Simulation Football League
*D-Line Standouts: Week 7 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *D-Line Standouts: Week 7 (/showthread.php?tid=3286)

*D-Line Standouts: Week 7 - manicmav36 - 08-12-2017

Defensive Line Standouts: Week 7

Welcome to week 7 of our weekly look at defensive line performances across the league. Weeks 7 and 8 will be a tad more brief than usual due to the short turn-around.
For the second week in a row, the defensive tackles have outperformed the defensive ends. The big boys in the middle have shown that they can do it all. There were no new names on the list this week but there was a slight change in the standings for number of team appearances. Enough chit chat… Let’s begin!

Defensive End Top Performers

B. Blade COL ($$$) 6 TCK, 1 TFL, 1 SCK, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovered
After murmurs of Blade being a potential draft bust, he came through in a big way this week. He recorded 6 tackles, 1 tackle for loss, 1 sack, as well as both causing and recovering a fumble. Blade’s performance was a big part of Colorado being able to pull out the victory against a very hot San Jose team

J. Tuck ARI ($ x6) 7 TCK, 3 TFL, 1 SCK
Tuck continued his great season this week against a very good pair of offensive tackles, Winchester and Clegane. His 7 tackles were tied for the most of any defensive lineman this week. Combine that with his 2 tackles for loss and a sack, he’s an easy choice for the top of our list this week.

O. Von Gerhardt PHI ($$$) 2 TCK, 2 SCK
Von Gerhardt was able to come through in the clutch for the Liberty in the first round of the Expansion Bow. His pair of tackles and big-time sacks help to push the Liberty over the hump and into their second victory of the year.

Other Great Performers
B. Crocker LVL ($$) 4 TCK, 2 TFL, 1 SCK
C. Okonkwo SJS ($$) 4 TCK, 3 TFL
J. Spearhead YKW ($$$) 4 TCK, 2 TFL
Crocker had a very solid game this week, and with the Vegas defensive ends finally getting into the picture, they could really get on a defensive roll here. Neither Okonkwo or Spearhead where able to get to the quarterback this past week but, with 5 tackles for loss between them, the clearly spent a lot of time in the backfield.

Defensive Tackle Top Performers
V. Cox LVL ($ x6) 6 TCK, 2 SCK
M. Ramrio LVL ($ x7) 4 TCK, 1 TFL, 2 SCK
As is tradition here, Cox and Ramrio are both making an appearance on our list this week. Each was able to record at least 4 tackles and 2 sacks, and just created pure pandemonium in the Liberty backfield. Although we normally have 3 “Top Performers” each week, due to a 3-way tie for the third spot, it was narrowed down to only 2 spots.

Other Great Performers
B. Bjornsson YKW ($ x5) 4 TCK, 1 SCK
G. Taylor PHI ($$$) 4 TCK, 1 SCK
A. Asipi ARI ($$) 7 TCK, 1 TFL
J. Reigns OCO ($$$$) 3 TCK, 1 SCK
Bjornsson and Taylor posted Identical stat lines this week, and although there is a slight difference in the outcome, Asipi’s performance was also scored the same. Behind the Vegas Wonder Twins, Bjornsson has made the list more than any other defensive tackles. Reigns’ performance, although scored slightly lower that the 3 above him, was still more than enough for him to earn the final spot on our list tonight.

Team Appearances After Week 7

Las Vegas: 17
Arizona: 14
Baltimore: 13
Colorado: 11
Orange County: 10
Philadelphia: 8
Yellow Knife: 8
San Jose: 6

…And there was much rejoicing!
For the first time since week 3, San Jose has their first player on the list. Baltimore, on the other hand, did not have a player make the list for the first time this season. Arizona had 2 players qualify and jumped Baltimore in the standings. Other than the Baltimore drop and Vegas increasing their lead, the standings stay the same. As always, please feel free to share your thoughts and comment below!

*D-Line Standouts: Week 7 - DeathOnReddit - 08-13-2017

i deed it

*D-Line Standouts: Week 7 - Blaster - 08-13-2017

I also had 1 FF and 1 FR on two different plays but who's counting?

*D-Line Standouts: Week 7 - manicmav36 - 08-13-2017

(08-13-2017, 12:39 PM)Blaster Wrote:I also had 1 FF and 1 FR on two different plays but who's counting?

Yeah, I tend to miss those when i'm writing these up late at night. My bad!

*D-Line Standouts: Week 7 - Blaster - 08-13-2017

(08-13-2017, 12:43 PM)manicmav36 Wrote:Yeah, I tend to miss those when i'm writing these up late at night. My bad!

No lol I'm just playing, good article glad to be on the list