International Simulation Football League
(S29) PT 5 - Arguements - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S29) PT 5 - Arguements (/showthread.php?tid=32960)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

(S29) PT 5 - Arguements - siddhus - 06-20-2021

(S29) PT 5 - Arguements
Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 200 words. Graphic responses must show more effort than a text box on an unedited image.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S29 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, June 27, at 11:59 ET. Have fun and get writing!

Written option: A fight broke out between your teammates during training, causing great concern within the locker room and organisation as a whole. Your coaches have asked you to help restore the harmony in the locker room. How would you approach this situation? Would you address the individuals directly or the team as a whole? Would there be a specific teammate you would get on board to help you?

Graphic option: Make a graphic that shows how you would coddle or show tough love to a teammate after the fight broke out. This is the last PT of the season, so make it count!

Affiliate claims from SHL and PBE are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there. Make sure the week of the affliate PT matches with the week of this point task.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please.

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=9205 - Submit Prompt Ideas here!

RE: (S29) PT 5 - Arguements - bjkman - 06-21-2021

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S29) PT 5 - Arguements - nlj04 - 06-21-2021

Due to the Portland Pythons losing more games than expected. Everyone was fed up with how it was going. Yes there was wins but more loses than wanted. As you can expect things can get fairly heated within practices and a fight broke out. These things happen and you know sometimes it's for the better but you need to forget about it because overall yes you may be pissed off but you do need to move on from it and try to forgive the players that were fighting because at the end of the day it is Football, you have tensions rising in the lockeroom. I would address the team as a whole and not point any individual out because we are a team and we do every single thing together. You need to respect your teammates that sit next to you in the lockeroom and give your life for them on the field. These things happen but don't take it to personally these things happen but you need to move on as a team and maybe do some team bonding exercises to restore some of that respect with each other. As Noah is a 2nd season player he is fairly new but he understands about the fighting and you just have to forget about it overall.

RE: (S29) PT 5 - Arguements - Net - 06-21-2021

So if for some reason a fight breaks out in my locker room and I am asked to bring harmony, here is what I would do. First, I would make sure to not escalate the situation more than it has already. That's the last thing you wanna do in that situation is to make it worse. Next, I would figure out what caused the problem or fight. If it's something dumb I will try my best to explain that part, but if it's bigger I will make sure to talk to each player individually, learn each side of the story. Also, when talking to both sides, you get an unbiased opinion, which is perfect for the situation. I wouldn't address the situation to everyone but maybe after sometime I would, just to clear an elephant in the room if their is any. I think if possible I would also try to make the players come to a mutual agreement, or something similar. I would actually try to bring either alumni or one of my closer teammates to help, not sure who yet. But if that doesn't fix the problem, I would then take it to management. It would be an odd situation that I wish on nobody, but that is what I would do.

214 words

RE: (S29) PT 5 - Arguements - hexify - 06-21-2021

While I don't think there would ever be in-fighting in the Honolulu locker room, I'm sure I could solve the issue if it did happen. First, I would confront both of them solo and see what has happened. Now, if there is an obvious asshole who is in the wrong, you tell them and discipline them. Usually, that bugs them off and they will apologize and stop. Even I've had to do this a few times. However, if it just a grey area, you want to try to have them find common ground. If they have common ground, appeal to it. Mostly, this will make them "humanize" the other person, this creating empathy. But if you try that, and it still doesn't work. It's time to have the whole locker room know and take action. You cannot have teammates hating each other. It will ruin the entire team locker room and the team chemistry. When the whole team gets involved, they will have to budge. If I had to bring a sidekick, immediately I think of Big Edd. Edd is a uncompassionate, non-caring , absolute douche-canoe. This is exactly why I love his act so much, and it is exactly why he would NOT be my sidekick. I think Numbers aka EKW would be my sidekick. He is an emotionally mature individual, and also handles people very well. I feel like we could conquer any sort of mishap in the LR. (User not player perspective)

240 words according to docs

RE: (S29) PT 5 - Arguements - Urq660 - 06-21-2021

SHL Affiliate PT

RE: (S29) PT 5 - Arguements - qWest - 06-21-2021

Nakamura holds hot headed wide receiver Darren Pama back from attacking QB Charlemagne Cortez after a second straight disaster game under center:

[Image: U3JmXtQ.png]

RE: (S29) PT 5 - Arguements - Thor - 06-21-2021

Ken walked into the Buccaneers locker room on day one after being signed by the team out of Bondi Beach, only to immediately witness a fight brewing between two bot players which appeared to be malfunctioning at the time. BringBack Bearcaneers and IThink HeTampered were both found to be engaging in conduct detrimental to the team and we are awaiting further word on what punishments will be levied upon them. Fortunately, this fight broke out at the perfect time as Ken Oath was able to quickly defuse the situation and prevent it from escalating further by making the two bots drink a beer with each other to resolve their issues. Normally this tactic is an effective solution with people, but since in this case these players were bots the beer immediately fried all of their internal functions and caused them to hard reset and shut down. There has been no word yet as to whether Ken will be punished for destroying team property, and also no word on who will be replacing these two bot players on the field in the Buccaneers upcoming games, but we are certain that the mediation skills of the newest Australian to join the team are effective. We will have to wait and see where his abilities take him next, and whether they're as useful on the field as they are off it.

RE: (S29) PT 5 - Arguements - Vikain - 06-21-2021

When two young players come in facing off each other it can sometimes get heated. The competitive drive. The instinct to get better over the opposing player can make even the calmest minds become into storms. This was the case between the two DSFL rookies of Rodka Raskolnikov and Sakeem Weeb. One a receiver, the other a corner. A mix of bad blood. After a bit of yelling and hard battles, the tempers boiled over and fists began to fly. As a day passed and reporters wanted to know what’s happening, Rodka would assure them. “Everything is fine. Me and Weeb talked it over. We sought each other out maybe an hour later and kind of just talked it over. We have a similar drive and competitiveness so it just fueled it. Everyone kind of gave us space until we were just chilling together. And then we grouped up again and just laughed it off. He’s such a good player and him shutting me down it got into my head. Plus the coaches gave us a good earful on keeping our mental game strong. We are going to face huge challenges in our careers and we can’t just go around punching everything. Me and Weeb have squared off and now we’re even. Don’t expect any more fights out of me. After losing this one I think I’m done”.

RE: (S29) PT 5 - Arguements - .emfaith - 06-21-2021

PBE Affiliate