International Simulation Football League
*Pre draft interview with Stewart Hellraiser - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Pre draft interview with Stewart Hellraiser (/showthread.php?tid=33059)

*Pre draft interview with Stewart Hellraiser - oilmandan - 06-25-2021

Hello football fans, Ronnie Tomo here with another exclusive interview with some of the stars of tomorrow. Even though we haven’t even hit the playoff stretch of the season, it’s never too early to start taking a look at the upcoming ISFL draft.

Today’s feature player is none other than Stewart Hellraiser. Defensive End for the Norfolk Seawolves. Interesting to note, he started his DSFL career as a Tight End. Growing up in Canada as an oversized Wide Receiver, he made the move to Tight End when the Seawolves signed him. And after a few games, the move to Defensive End was made.

A quick progression has had him move quickly up the draft charts, from the mid 50s when he first came on the scene, all the way to the 30s in this current week. Where will he end up? Hard to say, but he’s starting to catch the eyes of pro level scouts in bunches. Here’s our interview:

RT: Good morning Stewart, thank you for joining us today. I’ll get right into it, how was your first DFSL season?

SH: Thanks Ronnie for having me, it’s a true honour. Honestly it was really a whirlwind. It went by so quickly, but it was fun, a lot of fun. I met a ton of great people, got huge help from all the coaches and staff and I already am looking forward to the draft and seeing what next season has in store.

RT: Let’s focus on the position switch for a it, how did that come about, and why make the change midseason?

SH: Well when I was signed we had 3 other tight ends on the roster and being the new guy, I was still at the bottom of the group. The team looked like it had an obvious need on the defensive line and I’ve always enjoyed hitting people, so after practice one day, I asked if I could try it out and see how playing rush end would go. Really wasn’t sure how it would turn out, but I think I caught ok fairly fast. And eventually I guess I got good enough that making the switch made sense for the team and my career, so we went ahead with it.

RT: That’s a great story. Next up is the draft. How excited are you and what have you been hearing?

SH: Well until recently, it was definitely on the back burner. Both for me and I’m thinking a lot of the teams in the league. It was pretty quiet until the other day. Now I think 6 or 7 teams have reached out to me about the possibility of go to their teams. Kinda sounds like I’ll be picked anywhere from the late 2nd to mid 3rd. I guess we will see.

RT: What have clubs been saying? Any spicy rumours?

SH: It’s all sort of the same stuff. Some have asked if I’d be able to switch positions again. I’m assuming to help fill holes in their club. A lot of teams seem to be set at my position. But mostly it’s all the same stuff. Some are looking to rebuild soon, others are trying to stay competitive. It’ll be interesting to see where I go and how aggressive teams get.

RT: Very interesting stuff. Does it bother you at all that you do seem to be ranked so low? You’ve got to want to be a high pick don’t you?

SH: I get it, I’m a relatively unknown player in the this league. Teams are gonna be hesitant, in case things don’t work out. I came on the scene late and with my position switch, but some teams maybe aren’t sure what they are getting yet. Maybe with more film that wouldn’t have been the case, but here we are. I’m ok going lower, it gives me the opportunity to take a bit of revenge on all the teams that do pass on me. Rejection is a great motivator. When I break their quarterback’s spine, maybe they’ll think they shouldn’t have passed on me.

RT: Harsh words, but glad to know you don’t let up in games or interviews. What is your play style? And who do you pattern your game after?

SH: Well growing up catching the ball, I always idolized receivers, guys like Fred Stamps, Jason Tucker, Terry Vaughn and Derel Walker were players I wanted to be like. Now on the defensive side, I’d have to either go with Kwaku Boateng or the Mayor of Commonwealth himself, Odell Willis. Players that can get to the quarterback fast and put them down with a big smile on their face. Nothing pisses off an opponent more than seeing you smile. Gotta weaponize that. And eventually it wears your opponent down and they have to start taking penalties to stop you. I love it.

RT: Those are all great players to follow and idolize. Definitely a few names from the past. All champions too. I guess DFSL and ISFL quarterbacks and teams for that matter better look out with you on the field. Any final thoughts? Or anything to say to teams considering drafting the great Stewart Hellraiser?

SH: Just want to thank the Norfolk Seawolves for the opportunity to play for them and taking a chance on me. It was a tough season this year, but we will be back and be lethal next year. I promise that. To the teams in the ISFL preparing for this draft, take care in what you do come draft day. Your neglecting to interview or draft players will only fuel them more into crushing your teams. I plan to become the worst nightmare for quarterbacks, running backs, offensive linemen and offensive coordinators. I feast on the pain I inflict and the misery your fans will show as I somersault after every sack and tackle for a loss. I’ll wear my team colours proud and loud, and when your team faces mine, it won’t end well for you. Just remember that. And remember my name. Stewart Hellraiser. When I win multiple awards, championships and make my way to the hall of fame, you can reflect on how your team didn’t even think to draft me.

1039 words

RE: Pre draft interview with Stewart Hellraiser - Net - 06-25-2021

Awesome hype article man! Keep up the work excited to see who you become