International Simulation Football League
*Free Agency Part Deux: Ex Machina Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Free Agency Part Deux: Ex Machina Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=33086)

*Free Agency Part Deux: Ex Machina Boogaloo - The_Kidd - 06-26-2021

First let me preface this by saying that I am still a proponent of having Free Agency occur AFTER the draft like the real NFL does. The overlapping timelines create a lot of stress and havoc as teams base their draft board off of free agent activity. But I'm just one small voice.

If you do not know me, I actually test free agency. I did back before S25 and chose not to before S28 because I preferred to get traded. But now I'm here, trying to salvage something of my career. I have about 4 seasons left, so I want to maximize my remaining potential. I'm 6 seasons in and made the ISFL playoffs one time(missed out on tiebreaks or had 4th place finishes twice). However, that one time was magical as the Copperheads made the Ultimus. @Amidships and @Kyle have been awesome at keeping a positive locker room that has been through so many highs and lows, I used to know, cause I used to be there all the time.

Then life happened ---- actually I'll be honest and this might come off whiny, but I'm still reeling from the fact that the team locker rooms are only for active players and not alumni. When I got called up from London and returned to discord to see my privileges and roles get shrunk to almost nothing, after all the camaraderie and built up rapport --- I felt like I lost a piece of me. Then I lost access to the rookie channel which was the only channel I enjoyed being in for pleasure. This was all around when the Raptors beat my crippled Warriors, knowing Durant and Klay were out for a year. Then Dak Prescott broke his ankle, and I was really out of it. Around Christmas last year, I thought I could compose myself to come back, then Curry broke his hand and I couldn't deal. I thought, "Man why does life suck so much right now?" ---- then this girl named Corona entered the world. 

So my Snake Family, I wish I could've been there more the last 2-3 months. I wish my player could've had more than 1 pro bowl season. But this is my time to shift gears try to start anew and recapture all the fire I once had back in S23-S26. Thank you for always being open and caring, even when I played Casper. With that said, let me lay out the groundwork for all potential suitors:

• - 2x Pro-Bowler (S24, S28)
  • - S24 DROTY
  • - Peak TPE currently sits at 1423
  • - 1st Regression ~ 1150 / 2nd Regression ~ 945 / 3rd Regression ~ 739 / 4th Regression ~ 509 (disclaimer: I'm probably underselling how much TPE I'll earn each season, also 1423 won't be my final amount before regression legally starts for me)

My needs are simple(not all are necessary):
  • - CB2(not CB1) until my current TPE drops under 900, then I'll line up at NB or S(the only one that cannot be ignored)
  • - KR2 for S30 and S31
  • - Contract of 4 years/20 million (can be split however over the 4 years)
  • - Award/Pro-Bowl Bonus of 1 mil
  • - 1 mil if team wins the Ultimus
  • - PO for S30
  • - Legally Tamperable 

Now although talks legally can start, I won't sign until next week, that way teams that are still playing have a fair shot to offer a solid pitch. If I am slow to get back to you, it's because I either forgot my discord password(highly likely) or I got picked up for a contract and am working/passing out from exhaustion(also highly likely). I usually am on late late(after 7 pm Pacific) so please bear with me.

@Frick_Nasty, @Hallmonitor_20, @Dewalt27, @Highhaschdi, @Bayley, @TheCC, @SchwarzNarr, @Sylphreni,  @"Punter715", @"ShnarlyDude", @Frostbite, @sakrosankt, @flyeaglesfly29, @PMoney

@Crunk, @Z-Whiz, @Attopax, @siddhus, @ddrector, @mithrandir, @TheRocheLimit, @zaynzk, @Blasoon, @Memento Mori, @ckroyal92, @Matty7478

RE: Free Agency Part Deux: Ex Machina Boogaloo - qWest - 06-26-2021

I know some people like to criticize players for having very specific wants and needs, but I love seeing players take control for themselves and giving themselves the best chance to have the most fun and make the most of all of the time they spend on the site. I think especially if you want to see free agency and player movement be a bigger part of the league then you absolutely should be supporting players doing this kinda stuff more.

Good luck in free agency Kidd.