International Simulation Football League
*Unfiltered, Season 2, Volume 6 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Unfiltered, Season 2, Volume 6 (/showthread.php?tid=33132)

*Unfiltered, Season 2, Volume 6 - Air Crou - 06-28-2021

Episode six. We are in the playoffs. Championship games are upon us. But let's have a look at the craziness last Friday was first.

Tonight's schedule, in airing order
AUS @ HON 22-16
NY @ OCO 47-39
AZ @ SJS 44-38
COL @ NOLA 13-37
CHI @ SAR 10-23
YKW @ PHI 19-18
BER @ BAL 52-13

The stream started off with a game with draft order implications. Honolulu wanted to lose to hope for 1OA, Austin would have to lose to get 3OA, or get into a nice waiting game till the end of the night with a win. The game was close, but in the end, Honolulu got what they were aiming all season, the first overall pick. Austin would have to wait and see where they pick. Then we had the game of the week. Both teams wanted to win, and with NOLA playing later, a loss would mean elimination for Orange County for the third straight season. New York wanted to win for the momentum, and to secure their own ticket to the playoffs. The Silverbacks never lost control of the game. Not even when the Otters were within 8 points. Job done once the clock showed triple zeroes in the fourth. New York and New Orleans to the playoffs. Orange County at home. The next game had nothing at all on the line, yet both Arizona and San Jose put up a show for everyone, on a game decided 3 minutes before the end of the 10-minute extra period necessary. For the sake of it, Arizona got the win and some extra momentum heading into the playoffs.
Over in New Orleans, the only team with something on the line was Colorado, but even they didn't really need the win. NOLA was dominant from the very beginning, and the final score totally depicts how the game went. Colorado would now only need Berlin to lose while scoring a max of 30 points. More on that in a bit. In Sarasota we go, where the Sailfish had nothing to play for, but were business as usual. With that loss however, Chicago won something. The 3OA for the draft. The next game would determine if they would get the 4OA as well. It was a fun game. Really. The first five scores of the game were field goals. Four for Philly, one for Yellowknife. So were the last five. Three for the Wraiths, two for the Liberty. There was a touchdown in between the two sets of five fieldgoals that basically gave the game to Yellowknife. Easily one of the worst games of the season. Or the best if you love gritty and grindy football. But the first round draft order was almost set now. Chicago had 3 and 4, Austin had 5, San Jose had 6 since Wednesday, Orange County would get 7, and Yellowknife got 8. I will make a break now and say that Chicago has Philly's pick for the first two rounds of the draft, hence the two picks in the first, but more on that later. Baltimore was the host of the last game of the seaosn 29 regular season. The Sallies wanted to just score 31 points to win the division no matter what. Well, Berlin decided to bomb Baltimore. Kaepercolin was in his bag, throwing SIX touchdowns! A picksix and a field goal completed the scoring picture for Berlin. The Fire Sallies will now enjoy a bye and home games for the whole playoffs. You could say they will be home whether they have a game scheduled or not. And Baltimore pick first. For the second year in a row.

Current draft order:
I decided to go five rounds deep in this one, as I don't know whether people follow the trades or not. And I will go five rounds deep as no team has traded deeper than a fifth for this draft. So the order is as follows:
1. Baltimore (Philly has the pick for Round 4)
2. Honolulu
3. Philly (Chicago has the pick for Rounds 1 & 2, Philly is above Chicago due to worse PD, Baltimore has the pick for Round 5)
4. Chicago (Philly has the pick for Round 3)
5. Austin
6. San Jose
7. Orange County
8. Yellowknife (Honolulu has the pick for Round 4)

Playoff Bracket:
ASFC: #3 NOLA @ #2 NYS, #1 AZ waiting
NSFC: #3 SAR @ #2 COL, #1 BER waiting

I won't really touch on the draft order, as it's not final yet, and the draft in general, you'll see stuff about it later in the offseason. As for the playoffs, you never go wrong by trusting the home team. And in this case, NOLA has an abysmal 2-6 on the road, while Colorado has yet to lose a home game this season. New York over NOLA and Colorado over Sarasota. And to add more to it, Colorado have SWEPT the Fish. Trust the home team folks! See you tomorrow for a review of the wildcard games and DSFL Week 14! Cheers!

RE: Unfiltered, Season 2, Volume 6 - Air Crou - 06-28-2021

I am ready to eat my words for Colorado!