International Simulation Football League
*Interview with Lacarpetron Dukemarriot - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Interview with Lacarpetron Dukemarriot (/showthread.php?tid=33150)

*Interview with Lacarpetron Dukemarriot - Gragg9 - 06-28-2021

Interview with Minnesota Grey Ducks LB, LaCarpetron Dukemarriot!  MIN

Split pay 70 to Duke, 30 to Gragg

For those that don’t know Dukemarriot, or Duckmarriot as he’s known in the locker room, is a true rookie this season for Minny. They have a strangely (and often disturbing) shuckle-like appearance much like his teammate Daniel O’Leary, who is an overly buff Wooper. Come to think of it, it’s a little strange that we’ve ended up with two gen 2 pokemon on steroids, but it’s working really well so far. Anyway, Duke has posted up an impressive statline of 51 tackles, 3 TFL, 1 forced fumble and recovery, 4 sacks, 4 passes deflected, and an interception. They’ve been a key part of the always dominant Minnesota defense. I’ll personally say it’s been great to have them around the locker room, even when they post their render. I’m excited to see how their career shakes out for sure.Now onto the interview!

Hello DuckMarriot! I’m glad to have you on for an interview. It’s always fun to talk to and learn about new teammates….wait a sec, I’m not in Minnesota anymore so I guess not technically teammates. You’d think this California weather wouldn’t let me forget but it still feels weird. Anyway! This interview is about you so tell me how you’re finding your new home in Minnesota!

I’m loving it here man! Such great people and teammates here. I can’t wait to win a championship with these people!

A question I’ve learned after some time in Minny is that there is one question that must be asked to all rookies. I won’t pretend to know the full context behind it but tradition is tradition. Choccy milk or strawberry milk?

Personally I’m a huge fan of strawberry milk. Always have been since I was a little kid and always will be. Even got my own kids liking strawberry milk more than chocolate, much to the dislike of my wife! Chocolate milk just has never really appealed to me.

Boy do I have a bit of Minnesota history I need to fill you in on. Short explanation is this:

CHOCCY MILK CHOCCY MILK CHOCCY MILK CHOCCY MILK CHOCCY MILK CHOCCY MILK CHOCCY MILK CHOCCY MILK CHOCCY MILK CHOCCY MILK CHOCCY MILK CHOCCY MILK CHOCCY MILK CHOCCY MILK CHOCCY MILK CHOCCY MILK CHOCCY MILK CHOCCY MILK CHOCCY MILK CHOCCY MILK CHOCCY MILK CHOCCY MILK

anyway

You’ve come into a defense that’s been the powerhouse of the DSFL for the last few seasons. Have there been any current members of the locker room that have been particularly helpful in getting you going with your new squad?

Yeah, David Frank. Fellow Linebacker on the team has taught me a great amount about this game. Giving me pointers and just helping me out overall. Definitely helps that he’s the captain and a linebacker as well!

I’ll second this. Frank has been awesome. Too bad they’re a stinky fish now tho.

On the other hand, who is hands down the stinkiest member of the locker room?

Oh easily the new OL Brian Taylor. Man just has an odor that follows him around everywhere. Man has a constantly leaking fart box.

What has been the most challenging adjustment to make when moving to Minnesota and getting involved with the team?

Mainly just staying active and engaged at first. You know, a new place, I didn't really know anyone at the beginning. Just finding my footing at first. But it’s been smooth sailing from there.

You’ve had a pretty good season so far with multiple turnovers and a division leading 7-3 record. What do you attribute your success most to?

Just hard work and dedication really. I know that’s a very generic answer but it’s very true. I’ve just stayed working hard, paying attention to where I can improve on my game throughout the season and it’s been smooth sailing from there.

Are there any aspects of the game you think you can improve on? Whether that be something on the field or off?

I’d like to be able to have less tackles broken against me! But man some players out there are just so squirmy, it’s hard to get a really good grip on them!

Minnesota is once again looking strong and on the verge of clinching a playoff berth. With that in mind what are some of your goals for the remainder of the season, either personally or as a team?

First most I want us to secure that playoff berth and then get that home field advantage for the playoffs! We’re very close to both of those goals. We just need to fight through the rest of the season to get that.

What sort of adjustments, if any, do you think you’ll have to make to meet those goals?

I think the way we’re playing now is doing great. Obviously cutting down on the turnovers and allowing less points will help even more but so far I think we’re doing great.

Looking on into next season and your ISFL draft. Scouts are probably just starting to reach out at the time of this interview, but are there any teams you’d be particularly interested in playing for? Or even juicier, are there any teams you hate with the very essence of your being?

I don’t have a preference in the team to be honest. I just want to go somewhere that I will be wanted and my skills and abilities will be utilized to the best that they can be.

What kind of things are you looking for in an ISFL team or locker room? Championships, stats, chill atmosphere, big paycheck, etc.

I mean who doesn’t like playing for a winner right? Just makes the time more fun and the team happier. But I’d more like a team locker room that gets along great and helps each other out on and off the field.

Are there any things you want ISFL scouts to know about you headed into scouting season? Feel free to air out any red flags here.

Only that whoever doesn’t draft me. Will regret it.

Well thanks for your time Duke! In the time it took us to talk through this interview it seems you’ve played and won a few games, securing the number 1 seed in the playoffs! Congratulations to you and the rest of the Minny Ducks. Can’t wait to see what you do in the rest of the season and where ya get drafted. Good luck!  MIN

RE: Interview with Lacarpetron Dukemarriot - Crodyman - 06-29-2021

Quack!

RE: Interview with Lacarpetron Dukemarriot - IceBear32 - 06-29-2021

Duuuuke! ISFL ain’t ready.