International Simulation Football League
*Mason Blaylock Retirement - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Mason Blaylock Retirement (/showthread.php?tid=33161)

Pages: 1 2

*Mason Blaylock Retirement - Jay_Doctor - 06-29-2021

I’ve dreaded this day for a long time now, but here it is. With New Orleans’ season officially over, Mason Blaylock is retiring. I joined in early October of 2019 and was hoping to make it a full 2 years. I’m pretty thrilled with how long I was able to keep things going, even if it wasn’t quite the 2 year markMason’s career was able to span over two seasons in the DSFL and 10 in the NSFL/ISFL. When I first joined, I didn’t have a fricken clue what I was doing. I asked tons of questions and the awesome people of this league helped me figure it out. I decided early on that I would not be someone who tags a bunch of individuals for fear of missing someone. Though my forum and discord activity has dropped quite a bit over the last year, my passion for my player, team and this league is still going as strong as ever. So thank you everyone who has helped make this a great experience for me along the way. I set out trying to accomplish 4 things:
Play for one team my whole career, check
Be an All-Pro, check
Set a record, check
Win an Ultimus, check

I did everything I wanted to do and can retire at ease knowing I gave it everything I had. The only thing left for Mason at this point is to see if he qualifies for the Hall of Fame. I know I have some steep competition at the safety position, though things have changed quite drastically along the way. Comparing my stats heads up to any safety in the HoF is a guaranteed no, as to my knowledge they all were a S at the LB position. For those who don’t know, that was a pretty broken era for stats. Blaylock played his whole career as a safety playing in position and still had a hell of a career I would say. I’m leaving off the records I broke as I have no idea if they’ve held up since then. Here is a list of achievements, with a more abbreviated summary below:
S18 DSFL Defensive Rookie of the year
S21 ASFC Champion
S21 Ultimus Champion
S22 Team USA
S22 Pro Bowl (Safety)
S22 Safety of the Year
S23 Pro Bowl (Unanimous Safety)
S23 Pro Bowl (Returner)
S23 Safety of the Year
S23 Defensive Player of the Year Finalist
S23 League MVP Finalist
First Safety in the modern era to record at least 10 sacks and 5 interceptions playing in position (not as a LB).
S24 Pro Bowl (Safety)
S24 Team USA
S25 Pro Bowl (Unanimous Safety)
S25 Pro Bowl (Returner)
S25 League MVP Finalist
S25/S26 Team USA
S26 ASFC Champion
S27 ASFC Champion
3rd all-time in tackles for NOLA
1st all-time in sacks for NOLA
11th all-time in PDs for NOLA
4th all-time in INTs for NOLA
Tied for 3rd all-time in Safeties for NOLA
Tied for 9th all-time in Def TDs for NOLA
2nd in Forced Fumbles all-time for NOLA
2nd in Fumbles Recoverd all-time for NOLA
3rd in Kick Returns all-time for NOLA
3rd in Kick Return yards all-time for NOLA
3rd in Kick Return Average all-time for NOLA
Tied for 1st in Kick Returns for TD all-time for NOLA

Quick Summary:
2x Safety of the year
6x Pro Bowler (twice unanimous)
2x League MVP Finalist
3x ASFC Champion
1x Ultimus Champion

I plan on taking a season off before recreating at this point. Keep an eye out for my next player!

I was keeping my wiki active before it was cool and worth TPE for a short while. It felt incomplete to not stick with it, so all that’s missing are the write up and stats from S29.
https://wiki.sim-football.com/view/Mason_Blaylock

KCC TIJ
NOLA NOLA NOLA NOLA NOLA NOLA NOLA NOLA NOLA NOLA
Doot Doot

RE: Mason Blaylock Retirement - TeyonSchavari - 06-29-2021

Love you J-Doc, can't wait to see who your next player is gonna be

RE: Mason Blaylock Retirement - mithrandir - 06-29-2021

Jay, I've said this a hundred times, but I wouldn't have stuck around in this league if it weren't for you. Thanks for drafting me to Tijuana, for talking with me about Lord of the Rings, for hiring me as your co-GM, bringing me to NOLA, and just being an all-around great person. We'll miss you greatly in NOLA and I can't wait to see what happens with your recreate!
Now about Blaylock: that dude was the clutchest player ever. It seems like he always made big plays in big moments. Playoffs Blaylock was a real thing. I hope he can get some Hall of Fame traction! I'm certain he'll walk right in to the NOLA team HOF.

RE: Mason Blaylock Retirement - zaynzk - 06-29-2021

Hope to see you soon man!!

RE: Mason Blaylock Retirement - CalvinGolladay - 06-29-2021

Still remember first joining the league and getting scouted by you Jay, and from that point on was set on being a Luchadore. Super happy it ended up working out, and I honestly think I would've gone (even more) IA if not for that incredible DSFL team you GMed. Enjoy what I assume will be a brief retirement, I'm looking forward to seeing Blaylock Jr!

RE: Mason Blaylock Retirement - terriblehippo - 06-29-2021

HoF

RE: Mason Blaylock Retirement - Rusfan - 06-29-2021

HOF

RE: Mason Blaylock Retirement - Big Edd - 06-29-2021

Goat!!

RE: Mason Blaylock Retirement - flyeaglesfly29 - 06-29-2021

Definitely the example of consistency! Great career my man!

RE: Mason Blaylock Retirement - Pat - 06-29-2021

Blaylock was a damn monster of a Safety. I think he has a very real shot at the Hall.

Take this time off to get into home brewing man! I better get DMs from you over the next couple of months showing me stuff you've made!