International Simulation Football League
Fire Slatarn... or part of it at least - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=495)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Forum: GM Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=166)
+---- Thread: Fire Slatarn... or part of it at least (/showthread.php?tid=33177)

Pages: 1 2

Fire Slatarn... or part of it at least - slate - 06-29-2021

After three fantastic seasons at the helm of the London Royals alongside the amazing @katarn22 , I feel that it's time for me to step aside and let new talent take leadership of the team. DSFL GM was a job that I knew I wanted very quickly upon entering the league, and I was extremely fortunate that @abh89 and @Maglubiyet approached me with an opportunity to co-GM the Royals alongside one of my best sim league friends at a time when my real-life circumstances aligned in such a way that made it possible. While at first it felt daunting to take the reins as a semi-outsider to one of the most successful DSFL franchises in recent times, I really appreciate everyone in the war room quickly making me feel at home and allowing me to take some degree of ownership over a team that they all care about deeply. I hope that I did not disappoint.

GMing at the DSFL level was exactly as rewarding as I expected, if not moreso. What I love about the DSFL is that as GM you have the opportunity to win not only on the field against the other DSFL teams, but also in the locker room with your own players' development. Drafting new players who sometimes haven't yet gotten the hang of updating and watching them develop into first-round talent, league job holders, and successful players is an incredibly rewarding feeling. To all the current and future DSFL GMs out there, please don't lose sight of that. While the S28 Ultimini win was extremely satisfying, I feel that my real mark as GM is left by the users whose ISFL paths I was able to impact and, hopefully, improve. All of my draftees will always hold a special place in my heart.

All of that said, my replacement as Katarn's co-GM will be @Luciddreams702 ! Lucid has been hugely involved with the team and the league in general since draft day, with an amazing podcast series that I'll hopefully have time to catch up on now that I'm not GM, as well as recently starting to host the ISFL Gameday broadcast on Discord. I am extremely excited to see what Lucid will do with the franchise and I wish him the best of luck.

After all of that, there's only one thing left to say.

BANG BANG LION GANG
LON

RE: Fire Slatarn... or part of it at least - ReverendOReily - 06-29-2021

I love you dude!! Thank you for making London such a friendly and welcoming place for brand new users, grumpy old recreates, bitter DSFL rivals, and everyone in between, just like your predecessors always did before you. London has definitely never lacked in the leadership department and your career as a GM was a strong continuation of that tradition.

RE: Fire Slatarn... or part of it at least - r0tzbua - 06-29-2021

Will miss you man, thanks for coming to us with the idea about the anniversary game and everything else! I enjoyed your company a lot!

SKOL!

RE: Fire Slatarn... or part of it at least - Kotasa - 06-29-2021

Slate good
Katarn good
Lucid good

RE: Fire Slatarn... or part of it at least - negs - 06-29-2021

WUCID WREAMS

RE: Fire Slatarn... or part of it at least - zaynzk - 06-29-2021

Fire Luctarn?!?

RE: Fire Slatarn... or part of it at least - Luciddreams702 - 06-29-2021

Slate you were great man and have taught me more about the ins and outs of the League than I could every thank you for. You and Katarn took me under your wing and I couldn’t me more thankful to have gotten to spend time with you as my GM. You guys welcomed me in with open arms and were one of my favorite places to spend time even before you drafted me. I’m honored to Step in and hope I’ll make you guys proud. Sincerely thank you for everything. 

BANG BANG LION GANG!!

RE: Fire Slatarn... or part of it at least - Gragg9 - 06-29-2021

I hate that London shares a division with Minny but there's no denying y'all are doing awesome work. Hats off to @slate and best wishes to @Luciddreams702! Pumped to see you moving on up so quick. Excited to see what you do in London.

RE: Fire Slatarn... or part of it at least - abh89 - 06-29-2021

Selecting you and Katarn to take over for me and Mag was the easiest decision I've made in my time here. I'm sure Mag would agree. I had extremely high expectations for the two of you and you still managed to exceed them. While it will hurt to not have you at the helm, I'm very excited for what @Luciddreams702 will bring to the table. The Royals franchise is in great hands and will continue prosper.

LON LON BANG BANG LION GANG LON LON

RE: Fire Slatarn... or part of it at least - MMFLEX - 06-29-2021

Where it all started for me. Was so fortunate to have joined this league with great leadership in London. Slate you were an amazing GM and made a new guy feel so welcome. Lucid is one of the guys I kicked it off with almost immediately. A no-brainer and seamless transition. Congrats Lucid. Love you Slate.

BANG BANG LION GANG