International Simulation Football League
* Week 7/8 Power Rankings - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: * Week 7/8 Power Rankings (/showthread.php?tid=3319)

Pages: 1 2

* Week 7/8 Power Rankings - tlk742 - 08-14-2017

Sorry about the delay, here’s the power rankings for the weekend.

For those curious, the Hawks are #1 on the index power rankings.

A power rating indicates that if two teams face off on neutral ground, the higher power ranking should win, does it hold? It's why we play the game.

1. ARI Arizona Outlaws (6-2) Δ0
With the 3 TD prophecy, and the OT win at Orange County, the Arizona Outlaws have essentially clinched home for the AFSC playoffs. The offense showed up, the defense showed up, and the team played lights out. Then they went to Baltimore. Bronko saw that he had 3 Touchdowns and decided that 3 Interceptions would suffice. The offense got little done as the only touchdown they scored was on a pick six. That defense is tough and with home team advantage the Outlaws are poised to repeat.

2. BALBaltimore Hawks (6-2) Δ+2
The Hawks surprised and stunned the Wraiths. Where most people expected the defense that had been weak against the run, to be decimated by the Rookie Farlane who is running his way to an MVP season, they decided to put the cornerbacks to the task. For the first time all season the Hawks appeared to do more in the 1st half than the second. Well played. Then they rose to the occasion against the Outlaws and decided that they needed one more interception than the Outlaws. 7 Interceptions between them. But a two-win weekend is nothing to scoff at, and the Hawks could easily be the NFSC representative in the Ulitmus game.

3. YKW Yellowknife Wraiths (4-4) Δ-1
#roadtripfromhell continues. Many on the Wraiths were expecting a win in one of the two games to conclude this road trip. It didn’t happen. Orosz had his worst game against the Liberty and Booter seems to be the only reliable person while they’re away. I’m sure the Wraiths are looking to turn it around now that they are back home in the cold.

4. COL Colorado Yeti (4-4) Δ-1
A win at San Jose and a loss at Orange County is nothing to scoff at. The defense held stout in the first game and despite letting up 419 all-purpose yards, the Yeti stopped Orange County from finding the endzone all but one time on their 5 scoring drives.

5. OCO Orange County Otters (4-4) Δ+1
They may not be as much a force as last year but Orange County is attempting to make a late season push. Phelps and Westfield are still a great duo and Boss seems to be cleaning up his interception problem as he’s now middle of the pack for interceptions.

6. PHI Philadelphia Liberty(3-5) Δ+1
This could be a Cinderella story. I don’t buy it yet, but the Liberty are shaping into a dynasty that could be a threat for years. If they can get a strong pass rush, and a strong QB, this team could be a force for years to come.

7. SJS San Jose Sabercats (3-5) Δ-2
Here’s the problem with Hunt. He’s accurate, he can throw the ball for days, but he also benefits from not having to really do anything. Up by 30? Short and safe passes. Down by 6 with 20 seconds to go? Short and safe passes. It doesn’t help that the pass rush that helped so much earlier this season seems to be slowing down as well. Losing at home has made these predicted contenders fall from grace pretty hard and pretty fast.

8. LVL Las Vegas Legion (2-6) Δ0
I’m going to change what I’ve been saying, the offense line doesn’t help, but it’s not the root of the problems. Both the Yeti and Liberty have given up more sacks. I don’t think pancakes indicate that much in terms of line. And there hasn’t been many Tackles for losses either. I think there are other problems. But congrats to Tebow and Long for breaking their sack streak. 105 Penalty yards do not help either.
Code:
667 words

Code:
Graded
Payout = 1,067,000

* Week 7/8 Power Rankings - Oles - 08-14-2017

Liberty making the most fearsome secondary in the league.

* Week 7/8 Power Rankings - 7hawk77 - 08-14-2017

Sabercats had some problems recently. That's alright, bounce back starts today.

SJS

* Week 7/8 Power Rankings - SimmerDownBruhh - 08-14-2017

#WraithsNation gonna turn it around, we always do. ????

(08-14-2017, 03:19 PM)7hawk77 Wrote:Sabercats had some problems recently. That's alright, bounce back starts today.

SJS
It's weird cause 3 weeks ago, if you asked me which home games were winnable by away teams, I would saw Philly and Las Vegas, now its San Jose and Las Vegas.

* Week 7/8 Power Rankings - 7hawk77 - 08-14-2017

(08-14-2017, 02:26 PM)tlk742 Wrote:It's weird cause 3 weeks ago, if you asked me which home games were winnable by away teams, I would saw Philly and Las Vegas, now its San Jose and Las Vegas.

I guess we shall have to see. SJS is making playoffs this year either way.

(08-14-2017, 03:32 PM)7hawk77 Wrote:I guess we shall have to see. SJS is making playoffs this year either way.
Otters may be challenging that. You're not out of the woods yet.

* Week 7/8 Power Rankings - Gwdaja - 08-14-2017

Hawks at #2...I like that :cigar:

* Week 7/8 Power Rankings - Valtookan - 08-14-2017

(08-14-2017, 03:12 PM)To12143 Wrote:Liberty making the most fearsome secondary in the league.

Ahem. ARI

PHI :scrub:

ARI Cool :fan: :dbz: Cool :lift: :starwars: :towel: :yay:

* Week 7/8 Power Rankings - kckolbe - 08-14-2017

(08-14-2017, 01:43 PM)Gwdaja Wrote:Hawks at #2...I like that  :cigar:

Not talking any shit since you guys kinda destroyed us last week, but remember when I did my initial prediction I said that Baltimore would start off with a LOT of winnable games and look more competitive than they really were.