International Simulation Football League
* RB Stats Half Way Through Season 2 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: * RB Stats Half Way Through Season 2 (/showthread.php?tid=3323)

* RB Stats Half Way Through Season 2 - Gwdaja - 08-14-2017

We've already been through the first 8 games of Season 2. Man, time flies. Before we know it, the playoffs will be over, awards will be announced, there'll be a new Ultimus trophy holder and S3 draft will be underway. Everyone had expectations for teams and players before the season began, and now that we're halfway through, it's time to see how performances have been -- specifically for running backs. We'll go team by team, similar to my rushing stat game caps.

Season Rushing Stats Through Week 8

Hawks
BAL

Team Rushing Totals: 267 attempts, 911 rushing yards, 3.4 YPC, 3 rushing TDs

Darlane Farlane: 217 attempts, 741 rushing yards, 3.4 YPC, 3 rushing TDs

Marcus Robinson: 40 attempts, 161 rushing yards, 4 YPC

Heading into the season, I gave my Hawks a conservative B grade for their backfield. I'd say the expectations have been surpassed on all levels, even for those who aren't fans of the Hawks. As a team, they lead the league in rushing yards, while being 2nd in YPC. Farlane, the rookie RB, leads all running backs in rushing yards with 741 yards through 8 games, with 3 rushing TDs. The closest back is 71 yards behind him. Though his 3.4 YPC isn't too pretty, it's tied for 4th among starting RBs, and just two weeks ago, his average was at 3.7 -- so overall he's been producing well. Keep in mind, he's a rookie who joined late in Season 1, around week 10 or so, making his accomplishments even more impressive. Marcus Robinson, once thought to be making a position change, has produced well as a secondary back, with a nice 4 yard average. At this rate, the Hawks will continue to dominate the running game and Farlane should pave his way to setting new season records in rushing yards. He's on track to get just under 1,500 rushing yards. The second half of the season shall tell us if he keeps pace or not.

Legion
LVL

Team Rushing Totals: 215 attempts, 712 rushing yards, 3.3 YPC, 3 rushing TDs

Ardie Savea: 141 attempts, 450 rushing yards, 3.2 YPC, 3 rushing TDs

Kyle Cobb: 66 attempts, 269 rushing yards, 4.1 YPC

The Legion have had an overall disappointing season. Ardie Savea, by physical traits, is a gifted back, but it isn't translating to on-field success. Whether it be a non-existent passing game, lack of surrounding talent, or just low amount of carries, Savea hasn't been able to take off as most expected. He's on track for about 900 yards, which isn't a horrible season by any means, so maybe he's getting more flack than deserved. He's managed to get into the end zone 3 times running the ball, which is an impressive number. Kyle Cobb, the other rookie in the backfield, has been great. I'm surprised he doesn't get more carries and I think he could really impress if given more chances. He has the highest YPC of any back with over 50 carries and makes the most of the minimal carries he's received. I'd like to start a petition which gets Cobb the ball way, way more in Las Vegas.

Liberty
PHI

Team Rushing Totals: 178 attempts, 559 rushing yards, 3.1 YPC, 4 rushing TDs

Omar Wright: 149 attempts, 522 rushing yards, 3.5 YPC, 4 rushing TDs

The Liberty, another team with a suffering offensive unit, sits at the bottom of the league in rushing totals up to this point in the season. As a team, they have very low attempts, very low yards, a terrible average, and somehow, 4 rushing TDs. It's not really a surprise when you look at their offense overall, but it is a surprise when you take into account that Omar Wright is quietly having a solid season. He's got 522 yards, which isn't amazing, but puts him on track for 1k yards, with a nice average, and tied for 1st in rushing TDs among running backs. He doesn't get the ball nearly enough, and I'm sure he could be right up in the ranks of best in the league if he was given the ball more. I will not list his back ups, as they have made a minimal impact, and the only thing they've done is significantly lower the team's YPC. Sorry you have to deal with that, Omar.

SaberCats
SJS

Team Rushing Totals: 255 attempts, 872 rushing yards, 3.4 YPC, 5 rushing TDs

Jack Durden: 180 attempts, 670 rushing yards, 3.7 YPC, 4 rushing TDs

Denzel Diaz: 39 attempts, 128 rushing yards, 3.3 YPC

SaberCats sit at 2nd in total rushing, right behind the Hawks. They've got nearly as many carries as Baltimore, and the same average, so they're right on their tails. They do have 5 rushing TDs, though, which is tied for 1st in the league. The run game has been a huge bright spot in San Jose, along with QB Ethan Hunt's play as the team's leader. Durden is one of the most impressive backs in the league, 2nd in rushing yards at 670, and tied for 1st in rushing TDs with 4. He will continue giving Farlane a run for his money as top back in Season 2. Diaz had a hot start to the season but has been more quiet as of late. San Jose just needs to turn their record back to the positive side in the second half of the season.

Yeti
COL

Team Rushing Totals: 202 attempts, 768 rushing yards, 3.8 YPC, 5 rushing TDs

Boss Tweed: 162 attempts, 639 rushing yards, 3.9 YPC, 4 rushing TD

K. O'Connell: 36 attempts, 114 rushing yards, 3.2 YPC, 1 rushing TD

The Yeti have been really strong on the ground this year. They are the most efficient in the NSFL, with an average of 3.8, which is higher than any other team. Boss Tweed is also the most efficient at his position, with his 3.9 YPC off of 639 yards. He's even punched it into the end zone 4 times. That's a lot of production for his number of carries. O'Connell hasn't been a standout, but he's also rushed for a TD of his own. Look for Tweed to keep himself in the conversation of lead back in the NSFL this season.

Wraiths
YKW

Team Rushing Totals: 227 attempts, 760 rushing yards, 3.3 YPC, 4 rushing TDs

Bubba Nuck: 191 attempts, 661 rushing yards, 3.5 YPC, 4 rushing TDs

Eric Kennedy: 29 attempts, 93 rushing yards, 3.2 YPC

As a team, Yellowknife is right in the middle as far as rushing stats go. Decent amount of yards, good amount of rushing TDs. Bubba Nuck is having a strong season following his MVP year, but maybe not as strong as some may have predicted. Still, he's one of the best around and will continue to be in the top 3 or so backs for stats this year. Eric Kennedy has not contributed much at all as a back up, and I'm not sure if he'll ever be used at a high level.

Otters
OCO

Team Rushing Totals: 222 attempts, 681 rushing yards, 3.1 YPC

Leroy Jenkins: 126 attempts, 389 rushing yards, 3.1 YPC

Vick Bowers Jr.: 92 attempts, 292 rushing yards, 3.2 YPC

Honestly, I was expecting the Otters to dominate the league in rushing this year. So far, that's far from the truth. First of all, they have two running backs with superstar talent, so it's really confusing that they haven't been producing at all. Second, they aren't getting the ball enough. Are they backing off because of the low numbers or is it the other way around? I can't really figure it out. But, bad averages for both backs and very low rushing yards. Like, really low. They are both on track to come up way short of the numbers they hit last year. Also, there's not a single rushing TD in the rushing stats for Orange County. Not too good.

Outlaws
ARI

Team Rushing Totals: 223 attempts, 734 rushing yards, 3.3 YPC, 3 rushing TDs

Reg Mackworthy: 194 attempts, 656 rushing yards, 3.4 YPC, 2 rushing TDs

J. Tuck: 8 attempts, 33 yards, 4.1 YPC, 1 rushing TD

The Outlaws are posing a great rushing attack this year, with lead back Reg Mackworthy carrying the load. Before, Mackworthy was completely alone, but they've added newcomer Tuck to the mix, who is just getting started and hasn't done a ton yet, but will assumedly be the complimentary back in the future to take some pressure off of Mack. Speaking of Mack, he's right up there in the top RB argument and is right behind the top in the league. He's on track to have a great year and will break his last year's numbers by a lot if he stays on track.

That's it for my mid-season review of rushing stats. There's a pretty tight race for top spot among backs Farlane, Durden, Nuck, Mackworthy and Tweed, but it seems Farlane has a pretty tight hold on the number 1 slot, considering his lead of 71 yards and the amount of carries he gets each week. Let me know your guys thoughts on the numbers this far into the season and tell me if you caught any mistakes I made!! Go Hawks.

Code:
Words: 1,588

@Jiggly_333
@PigSnout
@.Broken
@Lainncli
@`xdave2456`
@SwagSloth
@NUCK
@Esa77
@`ardiesavea`
@Kcobb9
@Bengals1Fan
@ElMachoNacho
@Durden

Code:
Graded
Payout = 2,188,000

* RB Stats Half Way Through Season 2 - Dangles13 - 08-14-2017

You think you're good because you have more rushing yards than 2 teams? Tongue

Good work bud.

* RB Stats Half Way Through Season 2 - Gwdaja - 08-15-2017

(08-14-2017, 04:38 PM)Dangles13 Wrote:You think you're good because you have more rushing yards than 2 teams?  Tongue

Good work bud.

Thanks, friend!!