International Simulation Football League
The Square Rooting of GM^2 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=495)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Forum: GM Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=166)
+---- Thread: The Square Rooting of GM^2 (/showthread.php?tid=33233)

Pages: 1 2

The Square Rooting of GM^2 - GuitarMaster116 - 07-02-2021

Sadly I always knew this day would come, and I have always regretted it since. Sorry if this ends up being kind of long, as there is a lot I wish to say.

Today is the day I am announcing I am officially stepping down as the GM of the Tijuana Luchadores. Since I have joined the Luchadores in S25, it has become my home. I firmly believe I would not be where I am today if it wasn’t for that team and that class I joined there. I went from having no clue what to do and wondering if I would really even stick to the league, to completely absorbed in it. My friends on the team pushed me to become a max earner, to become a rookie mentor, to become a DSFL HO intern, and finally, to become the GM of the team that I have loved since they had drafted me as the 62nd pick in the S24 DSFL draft.

During my tenure, every season I GMed, Tijuana made the playoffs, and twice made the Ultimini, although both times we lost. I ended with a regular season record of 23-19, which isn’t overall amazing, but I am still proud of having a positive record in the DSFL which is extremely hard to do with all of the turnover. Then finally, in all 3 drafts I was a GM for, S27, S28, and S29, out of 20 drafted players only 2 went IA. That is also including our official waiver pickups along the way. Hopefully, I also might be adding on a GMoTY award in the near future. Overall I am extremely happy with my time as a GM.

I want to preface though that this all was not done because of me. I had the pleasure and extreme luck to have two amazing GM’s alongside me in @Tonzy and @Kotasa. Both who I believe were much better GMs than I was, but both I am super happy to have worked with and call my friends. 

Tonzy, thank you for hiring me in the first place and teaching me how to GM. You really went above and beyond and showed me what a DSFL truly is supposed to be. I am sorry we weren’t able to get us a championship win before you stepped down, but I hope you have seen the effect you had on Kotasa and I and are proud of what we accomplished because of you.

Kotasa, you have constantly been better than me at everything since we both joined the league together, and being a GM was no exception. Even from the beginning you were never my Co-GM, we were always equals and you showed multiple times how good of a GM you really are. Bringing forth the meeting rooms that in my opinion was a huge success, reaching out and chatting with our players all the time, always being around to help, all the testing you did, and so much more. Tijuana is so lucky to have you leading the helm, and I am so lucky to have led it with you for some time. I am excited to see you continue to be an excellent GM for this franchise.

I wanted to also shout out a couple more people who got me to this position.

@mithrandir and @SwankyPants31, thank you so much for drafting me in the S24 draft. Looking back at it, you guys had an all-time amazing draft that season. Also thank you for being my GMs when Tijuana won the Ultimini is S25. Both of you were a huge part in my growth in the league and really were the best GMs I could have asked for. The two people who brought me on the team officially are probably two of my favorite people in the entire league.

To my fellow Tijuana S25 class, specifically Kotasa, @"Punter715", and @deadlunatic, I am thankful for you guys everyday. I couldn’t have asked for a better group of people to grow in the league with. We all pushed each other to be better and now all of us are high earners and all have accomplished a lot in our own ways. I am glad it was you guys I joined the league with, and I am glad it is you guys I consider friends.

To all of the players I played a part in drafting: JPach, j00, Amulos, Quail, dude_man, FunnyManLuke, Exilate, KezKincaid, dankoa, rector, bowl0, Sylphreni, KanakoTheSquirrel, TomHanks, JayWhy, Tbone54, Tacoshoppe, MrGoat1246, waiver pickups Shiny, Wuma, Spartan, all of our TDL waiver guys we weren't able to draft or havent had the chance to try and draft like Dewalt, Parm, Muford, Norm, Bill Cherry (come back plz), Simo, Lim Jahey, Moosey, 124716, ismael, Lucas Arnold, Thomas Hollands, and even the two drafted IA players, Popart and Rob Banks. You all were what made GMing special and so much fun. Thank you all for everything you all have done and providing me the best job and my dream job in the league.

To all the other people in Tijuana I haven't mentioned yet, you know who you all are. Every one of you played a part in getting me established in the league and I can’t thank you all enough. This includes the war room members I worked with over the seasons, and just the normal people who chat in Tijuana and make it the best locker room in all sim leagues. Thanks to each and every one of you.

Finally to end it, I want to thank @CalvinGolladay. To this day I still believe you were the biggest reason I stuck around in this league and why I am here today. You were my favorite scouting convo during the draft process and helped push for me to get drafted, and for that I will always be indebted to you.

There are so many others I could thank, but this article is already way too long. So I will wrap it up here by announcing my replacement and Kotasa’s newest Co-GM… @Exilate! We drafted Exilate in the 8th round of the DSFL S27th draft, and he has proven to be one of the biggest steals in not only that draft, but in many drafts. Going from 8th rounder to a vocal and integral part of the team, to a team captain and war room member, to a DSFL MVP, and finally to a GM. I am ridiculously proud to have watched your growth to this point and I cannot wait to see what you do with the team!

Sorry again for the long post, and sorry if I forgot to mention some people. Know that if I have ever had an interaction with you, it led me to this point, and I am ever thankful for all of you.

Goodbye to the greatest franchise in the league. I can’t wait to see what the future holds!

RE: The Square Rooting of GM^2 - Gragg9 - 07-02-2021

Woooo Exilate!

Sad to see you step down thought Guitar. Tijuana has been a development machine the past few seasons (or their entire history) and I'm sure you were a huge part of that.

RE: The Square Rooting of GM^2 - Kotasa - 07-02-2021

I'm gonna miss the fuck out of you dude. I couldn't have asked for a better GM partner than you in Tijuana, the past 2 seasons have been an absolute blast and I'm so stoked on the talent we've put out. I'm sorry we couldn't make you blue, next ones for you.

RE: The Square Rooting of GM^2 - Wombat - 07-02-2021

<3

RE: The Square Rooting of GM^2 - SwankyPants31 - 07-02-2021

Couldn't be more proud of you man, ever since the day you joined the Tijuana locker room I knew we absolutely nailed that pick. Can't wait to see what you do next!

RE: The Square Rooting of GM^2 - Exilate - 07-02-2021

Thanks for everything GM HeartHeartHeart

RE: The Square Rooting of GM^2 - CalvinGolladay - 07-02-2021

It's been an incredible time in the LR and War Room with you GM, I'm super glad we somehow stole the best user in one of the biggest draft classes in league history, and I had the pleasure of scouting you and sharing the Tijuana LR. Just don't get any crazy ideas about leaving now that you've stepped down. I honestly still can't believe you've become a GM and retired in the time that I've gone from semi-IA to semi-IA. Ultimini or not, you still count as a Tijuana legend for the incredible team you've built

RE: The Square Rooting of GM^2 - Jimi64 - 07-02-2021

Not bad for a 3rd rounder eh Exilate?

Guitarmaster from everything I've seen you're an awesome dude. Enjoy the extra free time

RE: The Square Rooting of GM^2 - C9Van - 07-03-2021

You're a good man GM, I wish you all the best <3

RE: The Square Rooting of GM^2 - dude_man - 07-06-2021

You the GOAT GM, it's an honor to know that I was your first pick you sent in as a GM, and I'm glad we can be teammates in NOLA!