International Simulation Football League
(S30) Offseason Point Task - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S30) Offseason Point Task (/showthread.php?tid=33328)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

(S30) Offseason Point Task - siddhus - 07-05-2021

Offseason Point Task
Hi, with the Ultimus over and the offseason underway it is time for the annual offseason point task. Worth 5 TP, this season’s task is inspired off the league discussion post made a few days ago about saying positive things about other users.

Task:  In at least 300 words, talk about users that have made a positive effect on your time in the league. Whether it’s people that helped you when you started out, or people you talk to on a daily basis, there are many ways to go with this. Please write new things if you had posted in that thread, we will be checking. Try to tag the people you talked to, spread the positivity Heart .

Due by start of ISFL Preseason, July 16th 2021, 8:00 PM ET / 5 PM PT

Affliate PTs and PT passes may not be used here

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - FootballIsCool - 07-05-2021

Man, you'd think it were thanksgiving with all of this lovey dovey stuff.
First off I would like to thank @sve7en @AgentSmith @Faelax for pushing me towards simulation leagues in general, starting with the simulation hockey league and then moving on to the international simulation football league. I would also like to thank @slothfacekilla @TheDangaZone @overdoo @r0tzbua @TomHanks @Muford for being decent people to talk to and hang out with. The way you carry yourself definitely added to the allure of joining the International Simulation Football League. I would like to thank  @caltroit_red_flames for quickly welcoming me to The Fair Rub Club. Such a warm welcoming place to first join really got me extremely excited about being an Offensive Lineman and have pride in making pancakes.
@southpaw @zeagle1  @qWest Thank you for welcoming me into Portland with arms wide open. @82 you are a homie that I have nothing but love for you.  Keep doing what you’re doing because it is delightful and I wish I paid more attention to continue to have interactions beyond the DSFL level. @titianxgod or whatever you site username is You absolutely are a monster locker room rally boi and I love the energy you bring.

@Frost @sakrosankt Getting drafted to Sarasota was not too large of a shock. I had no idea where or when I would be drafted but you were one of the few teams that seemed flexible with my player goals and plans.

@StadiumGambler I can not believe that we both had the luxury of playing in Portland together and still get to play together in Sarasota the fact that we got picked where we did get picked is borderline criminal and my face was hurting from grinning ear to ear when we got drafted and it definitely has held up.

All of the Sarasota locker room and war room @Mojojojo @LB3737 @abh89 @tMuse @slate @Billybolo53 @Naosu @gbfn @SamTwoSix there are many more I'm just in a time crunch and these are the ones that were online in discord. You all are amazing wonderful people that are super funny and bring such charm to the world. I want to say more to compliment you all but you already know how great you are.

@WildfireMicro I enjoy how active you are chatting around and seeing amazing animal pics.

#FireFrolf

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - Thor - 07-05-2021

Alrighty well, thinking back to the start of my ISFL (NSFL) journey a lot of the people that stood out to me at first were fellow first gen S22 rookies - far too many to name them all, but almost everyone that has stuck around from that class has made a significant impact on the league and are likely a big part of how it runs today. I recall going through the scouting process, and while I had a few good interactions with scouts for different teams one that stood out to me most, and got me hyped for the league was the conversations I had with @jeffie43 about the league and about the Chargers, a shared misery. Spending a bit of time in the Myrtle Beach LR in the lead up to the draft I met the people who unknownst to me, would end up being my team in the following months and even seasons. The GMs at the time were @scorycory and @Frostbite, I can remember the entertaining banter between them and the activity level that they along with Jeff and many others helped promote. Once the draft had come and gone the team we had in Myrtle Beach was such an incredible one, again with many going on to achieve great things for the league personally, from GMs to HO and every other job in between. After the first season I was invited to be in the War Room, alongside many of my S22 teammates such as @Memento Mori, @NicholasTheGreat, @Gwdjohnson and @Billybolo53. When I eventually became GM for MB/BBB these same people, and the others in the war room at the time were instrumental to the success of the team where we picked up some incredible players, names like @Eldorian, @UberBJ, @teddyoojo, @"Laser", @BloomeyGB and @Tomasnz that in their own time and rights contributed to the team or war room in the same way. I'm over 300 words now so I'll end it there, but I could have kept going another 600+ of recollection between my time with Arizona and Orange County.

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - Eldorian - 07-05-2021

I doubt I'm going to tag everyone because I am terrible with names and I don't feel like trying to find them on here because the search is kind of terrible.

But first off I am going to have to go with both @Matty7478 sucs lmap and @Frostbite because they were both Hepcats teammates of mine and their talk about the ISFL drama is what ended up leading me here in the first place. Also, that is pretty cool that I can type the @ sign and it will find people directly to tag so I guess I will tag afterall.

Next up I'm going to have to go with @Thor because he was my GM and Myrtle Beach before they renamed it and he helped show me the ropes and put up with my dumb memeing that first season. We didn't get to win anything cool, but at least he helped Goat Tank have the best season he's ever had as a DT.

Next up will definitely have to be @"Laser" and @jeffie43 for drafting me to the Otters, a place a really enjoy and hope to be at for a long time. Laser has easily become one of my favorite people in sim leagues as I get to work with him in several different areas as an updater here and also with him being HO over in PBE. He's always great to chat with and someone I really trust.

My current GMs over in the Otters also deserve a mention with @Blasoon and @Memento Mori for continuing to put up with me and for just being a couple really chill GMs. We'll get you into the playoffs soon and make you the big names you deserve to be.

Last but not least are mostly my Otter teammates (former and current) that I really enjoy chatting to - like cory because he's a Chiefs fan like me, also Rev for the same reason. @Lime for making me laugh. Also special shoutouts for @speculadora for being cool and even Gragg for making me laugh at some of the dumb things I have come up with in the sim. I would have tagged more but apparently I started having issues tagging here in this last paragraph.

Code:
373 words

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - bjkman - 07-05-2021

There are only so many people I can mention in 300 words, and believe me... I'm not going to use more than like 15 more than that. Honestly, I hate complimenting people especially those who deserve it the most... the great people of the ISFL forums. My earliest compliments go out to those who were the earliest helpers that got me settled into this thing that was so difficult for me to grasp early on... @FleshBagSoup was an awesome help early on and even was one of the people on the Luchadores that took a chance on an early failure like me, soon helping me learn the ropes to become a possible future Hall of Famer... well maybe that is a lot to ask but at least I am one of the best drafts steals in DSFL and ISFL history. The same goes for @Jay_Doctor who I asked many a few questions to, who gratefully answered every single one. These two dudes made sure I wasn't just a flash in the pan and an ISFLer for LIFE. I also have a good memory of @Rusfan was also a really cool person but in what capacity is a mystery, he's actually still a cool dude, he was one as well though. @Frostbite thought it would be hilarious to draft me to his new kicker after the OG Sailfish kicker wasn't kicking well enough in the capacity they expected, and DAYUM did it end up working out well for you. Another late-round selection turned into my long list of accolades you see below this write-up, and if Frost's locker room didn't support me the way they did I think I probably would have created a new player by now. I'm a Sailfish for life and Jacob Small will be kicking until the legs fall off. 8 seasons strong!! And many more to go. Thanks for everything you cool buncha dudes!

Code:
318 Words

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - Asked Madden - 07-05-2021

Since joining the ISFL I've had so many overwhelmingly positive interactions with people it's almost too hard to list everyone.

We'll start with @Kyle whom I believe was the driving force behind getting me drafted to Dallas way back this time last year. Since then kyle has been ever present and always game for a good chat! Thanks for getting the GMs to draft the idiot who sat and spent far too much time on hunger games bot.
The rest of the OG birddogs war room are some of my absolute favourite people in the league, @Kyamprac @Amidships @enigmatic @yonggarius @gucci not only did you kill the S24 dsfl draft you also continued to Foster a very positive LR and made sure you built a place where people would want to stay around.
Then the draft class of S25 - @r0tzbua @ReverendOReily @zaynzk @"AirCrou" all of you were first rounders in my eyes and its been a pleasure getting to know you all! Shame about my fellow Scots bailing but it is what it is.
Massive shoutout to my Co-gm @ZootTX for being a phenomenal person and selecting me to take over the role of r0tz.
Big ups to @OrbitingDeath for all the awesome sigs & @Capt_Blitzkrieg for dealing with my constant moaning in SMJHL and still being happy enough to talk to me here. 
@Gumbaman@Dallypoleits fantastic seeing you guys step in to the war room recently... Even if there is too much hit dig pie for my liking 
@LancedJack all of your jabs at my weight have forced me into becoming the kind of person who wakes up at 5am for a work out. (this has nothing to do with the fact I wore my kilt over the weekend for the first time since covid. I absolutely did not feel like sweaty sausage meat being stuffed into a horrendously tight casing.)
@Rradum @ckroyal92 thanks for bringing me to the Sabercats. @Matty7478 @RussDrivesTheBus @BenDover @Lowlycrib @Sebster @supertardis101 @Urq660 @BOOM™ @TropicaliaCC @ajtigger @GotDatWeeFee @AL_GRINGO @3lewsers & last but not least @KoltClassic you make the locker room the best place to be in the isfl and thank you for all being awesome!
@JKortesi81 you're the best thanks for paying me money on a seasonal basis & drafting me to the best SHL team.

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - Raven - 07-05-2021

placefolder

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - OrbitingDeath - 07-05-2021

I've enjoyed my time in this league, so it's time to thank some people for the fun times we had around here

@Opera_Phantom  thanks for recruiting me, it's fun to see how you tried to recruit Denns but got me on board instead while his player remains at 50 tpe. Shows why the netherlands are better as portugal right?  Also I am still waiting for the portal updates you promised me as I didnt want another 'forum post'  update league.

All my fellow birddogs:  @Asked Madden @ReverendOReily  @r0tzbua  @Kyamprac @gucci  @Kyle  @Amidships  @yonggarius @enigmatic @ZootTX  thanks for the warm welcome as a waiver pickup when I just started in this league, it transformed the league from an extra league, to a league I would actually prioritze. I loved my time in Dallas and am glad to still hang around there from time to time.

Also I would like to thank @zaynzk  as I forgot to include him in the last post. But it's good to thank the special kid seperatly right Big Grin I loved the hate you caused for other teams when managing that birddog twitter.

@RDBSouthPaw  Also thanks for your time and talks when I first joined the league, would have loved to play for you in Portland and you know it Smile But in hindsight I think Dallas was the better fit position wise, as the QB you got instead eventually switched to OL i think due to not having a spot to throw balls for others to fetch.

@siddhus  Thanks for drafting me after me telling you that you should draft me. I'm glad you listened and I'm quite sure you hated every moment since. You shake your head a lot, so you might want to get that checked out

@gucci  I actually also mentioned you with the whole group of birddogs, but I want to thank you again for position switching to make room for my player, i appreciate it a lot.

@Number 82  thanks for the sim advice and testing that you do for both me and the team, I keep hating to ask it, but you always come through on my sim questions.

@Raven  stop calling me a cheater on geoguessr, just because both me and my wife play it at the same time, does not make us cheaters Big Grin  But enjoy being on the same team as you after a few years since the Wolfpack, as you are basically always there when tagged the LR is never quiet

@hexify  CAPS LOCK GAMEDAYS ARE THE BEST GAMEDAYS AND YOU MADE IT POSSIBLE

@Bayley  You also are a good boy.

And to whoever is reading this:
I probably forgot a lot of people, but I want you to know I appreciate you though. You my friend are the best person there is and I don't know how I ever forgot to mention you.

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - WildfireMicro - 07-05-2021

First of all I'm just glad that I have inspired an offseason point task as that makes me feel really good. But now I have to talk about a few people I was not able to mention in that Discussion thread like @Starboy who seems to have a bit of a reputation for being a weeb. While that is probably true, I have personally had nothing but great interactions with him and I like talking about Tsuyu with him. He also made some awesome graphics of her for me a couple of times. Another guy I did not mention there was @Menace0528 aka Blorgl.

Blorgl is one of my best teammates from when I was a Royal and I still enjoyed interactions with him not however few I get these days. He's a great guy and I am glad he is seeing success in Berlin even if he unfortunately fell short in the Ultimus. The winning GM of that Ultimus @zaynzk is also a great guy to talk to. I used to have a bit of a problem with him but that is only because he was the Birddogs Twitter guy. But now I see he is just a funny likeable guy that just likes joking around and there is nothing wrong with that.

There is also @Modern_Duke who I believe created the London Royals and was always a great person to be around. And there is @xenosthelegend who is such a reliable kicker for the Liberty and another person I like talking to. @Hordle is a person that I am so happy came to Philadelphia in Free Agency as he has been the rock we needed and has done a great job protecting Ryan Negs in the sim. There are just so many great people in this league, and I am really glad that my thread inspired so many people to spread positivity as we could all use some!

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - Yeenoghu - 07-05-2021

When I first joined the league over a year ago, I was drafted to the London Royals and therefore appropriately indoctrinated with the idea that the Dallas Birddogs are everything wrong with the world. Since then, I've gotten to know many of the former players from the Birddogs and want to take a moment to acknowledge their impact on the league.

@Kyamprac, I will never catch up to you in TPE no matter what I do. Back when we were brand new to the league, you were my personal litmus test for how to be successful as a new user. Everyone only has positive things to say about you, and it is easy to understand why.

@r0tzbua, you have lived a very fascinating life, so thank you for sharing your stories (and your dog pictures) with us along the way. I remember several months ago when you jumped in to fix the preseason stream so that the rookies would have a memorable first week in the league, so I know that it's important to you that users are having a good experience in the league.

@ZootTX, thank you for being a good boss and answering all of my questions. You are so responsive and thoughtful, and I can tell that it is important to you to come to the best decision for users.

@zaynzk, you are a great Ultimus-winning GM! Thank you for consoling players that get drafted to London by telling them it isn't that bad over here. If I had to estimate your draft position again, I think I would give you better than a 4th round grade.

@ReverendOReily, you are consistently one of the most positive people in the league. It seems like almost every day when I was GMing, you would come by the server to see how I was doing. I think you have done a lot improve relations between users from our respective DSFL teams, and you deserve all the best things that life has to offer.

@Asked Madden, you are also great of course, but I can't talk about you since I already did in the other thread.