International Simulation Football League
(S30) Offseason Point Task - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S30) Offseason Point Task (/showthread.php?tid=33328)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - BRNXB0MBERS - 07-14-2021

Cue is the single best user in all of simulated sports, including the ISFL. Jay Cue aka Opera_Phantom aka Jay Cue Jr goes by many names, but he is simply amazing.

Come game time, there is no one better. He throws. He passes. He catches. After throwing an interception in practice, I saw him hit a defensive back so hard that he lost his mind. That DB ended up going to a bad team in free agency, having a lapse in judgment, creating a multi, and infiltrating HO before he was able to recover.

Back to the matter at hand, Cue loves football, futebol Americano, soccer, and futebol. He even talked about baseball one time. He’s full of possibilities.

To take the low hanging fruit, his name is only two syllables; it is so easy to say. But, is it too long to type? No big deal; just call him JQ. Hell, just call him Q. Saving us time, what a great guy.

Arizona is where I met Cue, and I hope he is enshrined in our team hall of fame soon. To not do so would be a travesty.

Please note: he is literally the phantom of the opera. This is the internet, and the international internet police take lying very seriously. He would not dare risk the penalty of being publicly shamed just to call himself OP.

Seriously, try to say something bad about Cue. I dare you.

Please and thank you. Two words that are not used enough in today’s world. Cue is always polite, and always helpful.

Come in to the open section of any locker room he is in, and you will experience all of the above.

Back-to-back good news or bad news, Cue is always upbeat.

Sincerely, I hope my message is clear. Cue is number one in our hearts, game losing fumbles, horrible interceptions, and friendships.

brnx

Code:
314 words

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - Oles - 07-14-2021

I’ve been around for a long time, so there have been a lot of users that have had a positive impact on me and have helped me with the league. There are too many users for me to list, so I’ll just have to talk about the more recent people that have been great.

First and foremost, the Grey Ducks GMs have been incredible, @Crodyman and @RussDrivesTheBus have made this most recent stint in the DSFL an incredible and memorable experience. The Grey Ducks as a whole have been incredible, and I love every member of the team even if I may not list them here, this has been my best DSFL stint by far and winning a title and an MVP just caps off what an incredible experience it has been. What they built is incredible, and will be one of my favorite experiences in this league and the 4 years I’ve been around. I can’t wait for another season with this team and hopefully another title and plenty of awards for the team to go around.

Chicago has been great as well, even if we’re not doing well right now, @TheCC and @Bayley are doing a great job at rebuilding and getting the future set, even if they did draft stinky @muford. This team is looking very good as time goes on, and I think we’ll be very good in a few seasons time when everyone is on the ISFL level. They have had quite a few great drafts and I think the most recent one was the best one they’ve had so far, and we should be on a great path for the future. All in all Chicago looks like it’s in a great place, and we’ve got plenty of friends to try and bring back along with the new friends we just drafted.

Both the ISFL and DSFL teams have done very well to build and work towards titles and make the respective team a championship caliber team, Minny is great and Chicago is going to be great. (342 words)

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - Amulos - 07-14-2021

There are a ton of people that have been incredibly welcoming when coming into this league. I've had the opportunity to play for the two best teams in the ISFL and DSFL in the Philadelphia Liberty and the Tijuana Luchadores, both helped to solidify my passion for sim football. 

When talking about people specifically, my GMs on both teams (past and present) were instrumental in my time spent involved in this league. Those GMs are @Tonzy @GuitarMaster116 @Kotasa  from Tijuana, and Pat and Cody (Who's forum names elude me) from Philadelphia. These guys have an incredible knack of creating a fun and exciting locker room, and I was incredibly lucky to have them as my GMs.

There were some that went above and beyond in helping my journey so far, @Kotasa for helping me find league jobs and answering odds and ends questions throughout his time as my GM, @Tonzy and Southpaw for being the ones who truly were there at the beginning, answering any and all questions I had about the inner workings of the league as well as basic stuff like, "am I even doing this right?" and Pat for reaching out so regularly when he hasn't seen me in the locker room in a while.

I can't forget the guys I came into this league with either, @xtitanxmvpx and @Vaelynn who keep the motivation alive just by doing this all with me. We came in at the same time and plan on continuing our careers together, it's been incredible to have them around throughout this time and figuring things out as a squad. Having friends coming into the league was awesome, even though we didn't ever get drafted to the same team, it was still fun to create a rivalry (F them Pythons yo!).

There are even more people that I would like to mention, new friends since joining the league outside of those listed above: @Jimi64 @dude_man Juno Hu @Exilate and many others I am sure I have failed to mention on both the Luchadores and Liberty that have impacted my time in the league thus far. I am just super happy to have a bunch of fun new people to hang out with and chat that have similar interests.

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - Hallmonitor_20 - 07-14-2021

Alright so let's start this off by tagging everyone who makes me earn by calling me IA. @"everyone".

But seriously this huge shout out is going to @Tomasnz who decided to mock me to the point that I write this point Task so I can actually be an active General Manager. Tomas is a great all around guy and has been an amazing person to meet. When I first left Philly for Baltimore he was one of the first people I met and we hit it off from day 1.

If we're giving shout outs to those that helped us along the way than shout out to @TomHanks for showing me that even small potatoes can have huge flavor.

I also want to shout out all the people I've GMd with throughout my time in the league.

@Frostbite was the first person I GMd with after getting thrown into the Palm Beach job. Even though it was only a couple seasons, it was a great couple seasons and I probably wouldn't have stayed in the league with out you.

@goodvsevil1275 we had a couple seasons together in philly and boy were we wide eyed kids back then. I miss you Jake and hope you're doing well.

@TubbyTim69 we had some great times GMing together in Philly and though we never won anything it was a blast to share that title with you and our run in Philly.

@roastfuego man soup you were probably my favorite GM to work with. We never won shit but damn it if we didn't try. You were a great friend and honestly that's all I ever wanted from you. I hope everything is going good in your life man.

@Frick_Nasty you smelly bum. I can't believe it took me leaving the league and us taking over Baltimore for you to finally share a team with me. I've known you since early s18 and always wanted to play for you and now I get to be IA for you.

@woelkers even though you won't go to Caines with me you're still a pretty cool dude. I've also known you forever it feels like and I know you're always there as a friend.  Maybe one day we'll finally get that DnD game going.

@iamslm22 you've been like my ISFL uncle that tells me the cool history and let's me drink a beer when HO isn't looking. Thanks for everything you've done to help me grow and all the joy you've brought through the ISFL and WW. 

@juniped Fletcher is good 

@Bigred1580 @infinitempg @shadyshoelace @King Jellyfish @Thiath @UltimateYeehaw @overdoo @Shiny @TheDangaZone  thank yall for making Baltimore such a great place. I was always scared to leave Philly because it was my team for so long but yall have made the Hawks a place that I would never want to leave and love every minute of hanging out in the LR.

@"punter715" @"Shnarlydude" even though I wasn't in Philly long when you took over yall were huge reasons I got back active in the league again and I can't thank you enough for that. 

@Memento Mori @Briedaqueduc @Blasoon @Ephenssta @J0EB @Lightnoir @goodfortunecoffee @Fordhammer @124715 @Jonny2x yall are amazing people and couldn't have lasted as long in the league without all of you. Even though we never won in Philly, I couldn't of had a better group to hang out with. 

I definitely know I'm missing people and I'll feel like an ass when I realize it. So sorry if I missed you.

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - RussDrivesTheBus - 07-14-2021

The time has finally come. This PT has been so incredible. I've gotten more notifications while this has been up than I have my entire career in the league. I've been overwhelmed by all the people that have mentioned me in their responses. I'm trying to get a dm to each one to thank them. As for my journey, lord it's a long one.

@Starboy was the first person to greet me and welcome me to the league. Little did he know I'd get addicted and never quit. Thank you!

@Dewalt27 and @CLG Rampage drafted me to the DSFL way back in S21(S22). Dewie saw something in me and added me to the WR in my first season and the rest is history. A little over a year later, I became a GM for Minnesota and got to draft both of them. Truly the circle of sim football life.

@ckroyal92 and @Rradum drafted me in the 3rd round of the S22 draft to the San Jose Sabercats. These 2 are absolutely top tier humans. CK has been a GM damn near since the time the league was invented, so I've been able to learn a lot from him. Rrad always says nice stuff about me, so he is the best.

@TheCC easily my favorite user in the league. Everyone who I mention in this post (and dozens I'll forget) all have a place in my heart, but CC and I became fast friends and operate on very similar wave lengths. He chose me to GM with him when Jamar stepped down, and did a fantastic job of getting me up to speed quickly. So glad we could finally add him back to the MIN WR after a season away in KCC.

@Crodyman has been a fantastic GM partner for me in MIN. Easily one of the most charismatic users in the league and truly more thoughtful and intelligent than some give him credit for. He's a love, a great chef, stock master and all around great human.

@BenDover is someone that I NEED to mention. He is everywhere. I've "joked" numerous times that he's the architect from the matrix. Always watching. Has eyes everywhere. But, in seriousness, he has been and continues to be, integral to the running on Minnesota. He has such a huge knowledge base and an incredible ability to keep up with users from all over multiple leagues. I wouldn't be as successful as I am without him and I'm glad to have been drafted with him in the DSFL and ISFL. 

@flyeaglesfly29 Fly gave me my first league job as an auditor, and I'm so glad that I got to engage with him through that. He's another fantastic user that has been nothing but positive with me in my time here. He's a great GM and team builder, but I hear he's kinda stinky at golf. 

@Jangorhino @ForSucksFake @SnowyWolfz @"Reaper11B" sexy beautiful independent powerful gentleman. 

I will never finish this post if I tag all the ducks I've had the pleasure of drafting over the last 3 seasons, but please know that I love you and know you're going to change the league for the better. There are many other people that I could tag here that have been lovely to me, but again, we'd be here all week. Thank you all for being amazing, and here's to many more years in the league and many more new friends!

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - crazylemire - 07-14-2021

I just recently joined the leauge but i can tell you there as been a good number of members who have help alot i deffs got too give a big shout out too @neggs he messaged me a broke everything down too me and anwsered all my questions and helped me with my players build and asked me some questions.. tbh if it wasnt for @neggs idk if i would of figured this stuff out im doing everything from my phone so it makes things alot harder well atleast at 1st now having the hang of it i hope i stick around for along time because this leauge looks like a ton of fun. And now just recently being "drafted" well picked up by bondi beach, @NTG thank you for putting your trust in me i will make you proud. and also the format of this leauge is awesome with the discords and all the people on there, i deffs missed a couple people who have helped me but these are the ones that really stuck out too me.

There is definatly a ton of learning that i need too do because i just put in my word count and im lost for words at almost 200 but just going go on about whats been helpful and cool about the leauge and the instructions on everything are very on point and if you follow them it ussally works im learning how too do alot more on computer and writing and have fun and make it worth it at the same time and i find that really cool i dont know who invented this or came up with the idea but gotta give props to you as well because you are helping me with my grammer, whitch deffintely needs work, and having fun at same time if i knew about this season 1 i would of already been here.

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - bowl0 - 07-14-2021

There's probably people i'm going to miss pretty clearly but let's get started. first of all pretty much everyone I've interacted with in the short time I've been here has been awesome. First of all thanks to @Blasoon, and @Memento Mori for seeing something good in me and giving me an opportunity in OCO, it's a great place to be in and I'm looking forward to getting to know the others in there and hopefully having a great season coming up!

@captjanko Just wanted to say you were the first person I scouted in the league so far and I had a great time getting to know you and you should have a great time in the league(Not against Tijuana though, that's not allowed)

Now for probably a lot of luchas now. Thanks to @"Punter715", @CalvinGolladay, @dude_man, for also being around and making sure I was getting acclimated as well as well as being happy to help me out or answer questions for me whenever, and you guys help make the LR as great as it is in Tijuana.

@GuitarMaster116 is the next one up since even with him being on what sounds like an amazing trip during this last season, has always been around for anything I've needed and helping to make our LR so great as well as taking the fall for Kotasas mistakes.

Saving the best for last is going to be @Kotasa who started off as my prospect bowl GM when I first joined the league, ever since then he has been around to help me out every step of the way ever since he took that gamble to draft me in hoping I would turn out to be something good. You made those scouting conversations so much more interesting over the rest of one's in the DSFL and I greatly appreciate all the conversations we have ended up having regarding the league and about other stuff as well. You are the reason I got invested as much as I did in this league, I hope I'm making you proud of your decision to draft me and seeing how far I've come.

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - UberBJ - 07-14-2021

This will be my one PT for the season. I'm not going to elaborate much here, but I've been lucky to meet some pretty awesome folks here.

For starters, you folks in Myrtle (thats fucking right) Beach Buccaneers made my entry into the league an awesome time. Specifically @Thor was my first real scouting convo and real interaction with a user in the league, and made it something I wanted to commit to doing. @Eldorian @teddyoojo @BloomeyGB as a fellow rookie, was fun being a part of the Goat Tank mania and that initial season. The alumni already there in @Memento Mori@scorycory, you're both a delight. @Frost, you rock (even if you have ruined me with bets!).

For Yellowknife, there's so many of you to mention. @flyeaglesfly29 and @PMoney, you two are awesome GMs and brought me to 2 ultimus victories. Long live Colby and Money. Fly I especially love our domesticated man convos on yard maintenance and smart home lighting. God we're fucking old. @ZootTX@DarknessRising@deadlunatic@Arkz, it's been a blast playing with you guys and our banter in the LR. I know we never managed to get Darkness traded, but it's ok because we got to have some awesome seasons together and accomplish other, lesser, goals. @shadyshoelace you're a legend and I wish Nero was younger when I joined.

Outside of the LRs, I've really enjoyed my time chatting with @Blasoon and @"Laser" for side jobs or general league stuff, you two are great and always helpful. @Kotasa you are a good one and a pleasure to work with as a GM during my updating tenure. @BenDover You never gave me my C, but that's ok, I still appreciate you fam. 

@NicholasTheGreat, you're a bastard and I'm lucky to have you as the head GM for BBB. Thanks for being a cool dude and a great partner. Bruce is the GOAT.

Most importantly, I want to point out that this is a very broad group of people from different nations and background, different passions and views on life. And yet we all form these friendships and find common ground to enjoy together. So thank you all for bringing a little brightness into my day.

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - Troen - 07-15-2021

Prompt Wrote:In at least 300 words, talk about users that have made a positive effect on your time in the league. Whether it’s people that helped you when you started out, or people you talk to on a daily basis, there are many ways to go with this. Please write new things if you had posted in that thread, we will be checking. Try to tag the people you talked to, spread the positivity Heart .

I've said this before when writing on similar topics, but I think these kinds of PTs are great to think about the huge number of league employees who actually make this whole thing work. Updaters, auditors, bankers, media graders - all of them are important to oil the machinery underpinning everything else. The work the GMs do is really obvious to everyone on each team, but the league positions aren't always up front and making big changes. At the same time, though, because so much of what these people do isn't seen so directly, I don't have a specific set of people who I think are just killing it doing these jobs. Sure, I could look through my update thread and thank the dozen or so people (besides me) who have posted in it, but it's the whole collection of everyone rather than one single individual. Despite that, I did want to say thank you again to them.

As far as specific individuals other than my GMs, @infinitempg and the fantasy bot have been invaluable in making the fantasy experience here great. I think fantasy is maybe my second favorite thing in the league after writing media but it wouldn't be that way without the tools and introspection the bot provides. Sure, the information it's giving me is (presumably?) out there in a spreadsheet somewhere where I could find it myself, but the commands the bot has are super useful for turning the raw data into contextual information that's useful to actually make decisions. Just as with the rest of the league, there are certainly others who are involved in setting up the groups, transferring stats from the sim files to the sheets, processing waivers, and all that, but the bot just puts a lot of utility in once place and clearly says who made it, so I did want to mention that. Plus, who could hate the number of bad jokes and puppy gifs it has too? Truly we are better off with it present.

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - TomHanks - 07-15-2021

So, compliments both given and received really aren’t my thing. I’m not great at giving them and I am way worse and receiving them. But, this is something we have to do. Unfortunately, both because of the fact that I am bad at this and the fact that there are so many people I would want to talk about if I went to mention everyone I should, I can’t really do this properly. There are dozens and dozens of people who have made this league a more positive experience for me, this would end up being a 5000 word thesis driven essay if I dove in. And I’m on vacation with my girlfriend who I haven’t seen in a year. So, really can’t be taking the time to write that much. Instead, I’m going to focus on one person who very recently exited the league, ostensibly for good. @“ScorpXCracker” was one of my earliest friends in the league. He was always in rookie chat and was a GM before his player even saw the field. When I had a co-GM opening between my second and third season in the league, I didn’t even bother talking to anyone else, I knew I wanted Scorp to be working with me. That’s when we really started talking a whole lot, and through a lot of that process, Scorp was the one who kept me sane between managing Tijuana and what I was doing for NOLA. And we ended up doing a ton of great work. A fair few users have told either one or both of us that they got active in this league because of what Scorp and I did as Tijuana GMs. And we built a really great team. It’s a huge reason why I fell in love with the DSFL, and long term a big part of the reason I ever became DSFL commissioner. I hope you’re doing well without the league Scorp and if you happen to see this, would be great for you to pop back in and say hi.