International Simulation Football League
(S30) Offseason Point Task - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S30) Offseason Point Task (/showthread.php?tid=33328)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - kmatt - 07-05-2021

I guess since I just started my new player, we can talk about my retired Joe Bay. At the start of Joe Bay's season, TheCC was very nice and welcomed me to the league. TheCC was very nice, and helped me find the links I need for updates, etc. Russ who crashed the buss on the other hand, was awesome. He messaged me every week to get me to update my player, kinda like a free reminder and helped me with building my player to at least be decent. He gave me recommendations on what to upgrade and was very nice. 

If it was not for Russ convincing me to become active again, I probably would not be here right now and Joe Bay would have been considered IA by now. It was awesome playing alongside my coach Russ, and he is the best coach you could have! Russ and the team also scheduled some team nights and game nights to get us to know each other and also keep active in the locker room. The game nights were pretty fun, and I love the active locker room that Russ and TheCC and crody built! If you guys are reading this, you guys are the best management and nicest people I have played alongside and would love to get that chance to do so again!

So yea, after a very very long article that you have probably only copied and pasted to the word count website to find out if it qualifies, Russ, and theCC were 2 awesome people that I met near the start of my career! Shout out to @RussDrivesTheBus and @TheCC for being two awesome guys and helping me keep active and giving me a warm welcome to the league! Thank you all for reading this, and we will see you in the next one.

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - Reno - 07-05-2021

First person that I’m thanking right from the get go is my main man @Starboy. I had a small handful of health issues when I first signed up and when I was finally alive again and earning the only thing Starboy said was “Glad to have you back.” He helped me earn by offering advice on predictions and similar, helped me navigate the forums back when I was still unsure of where everything was on the site (to be fair I’m still kind of unsure of where things are on the site). I wouldn’t be in this league still without your guiding hand, thank you so much. I’m also going to be thanking my man @Buttersqauch101 here, my fellow Josh Allen (praise be) loving compatriot, someone who was always down to just have a chat at 2AM in the locker room while calling Chika a weeb and then proceeding to bully my colorblind ass in RISK for the laughs. It was incredible and I wouldn’t trade that for the world. @PMoney I love you but please stop going to Japan it’s not healthy, Starboy just took Russia. @Matty7478 for being the loveable kicker and punter and getting really confused when I attacked him in RISK but understanding that it was because I wasn’t sure what color was what, sorry about that again, please don’t hate me. I’d also like to shoutout my man @JKortesi81 for taking the chance on me in the ISFL draft all those seasons ago, while Tree’s legacy in Austin will be fondly remembered for never dropping a single pass in her career, it does suck that things out of our control kept us from seeing what Tree could do there. @Bayley, @Muford and @TheCC, my three Chicago GMs, thank you for taking the gamble on me in free agency when you did. The Chicago locker room was a wonderful place to be and I’m super stoked to have made all the friends that I did while I was there. We talked about Taylor Swift, laughed at CC falling off his bike, it made my life that much more fun. Love y’all all.

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - IceBear32 - 07-05-2021

The best, most enjoyable part, of this league would be the people I have met so far. I believe any team or locker room you end up with you will be surrounded by great people. So far in my short experience with the ISFL, I have already built a great group of teammates and GMs. This group has made the ISFL a wonderful experience and has pushed me to be that for recruits coming in.

I first want to thank all my (CHAMPION) Ducks. They have been incredible over the past couple seasons and have been a blast to get to know. With @RussDrivesTheBus and @Crodyman leading the way they have create an amazing atmosphere in the locker room and make it hard to even want to get called up to my new team. Luckily I have seen first hand that going up to the ISFL doesn’t mean your not apart of the team and will always be welcome in the locker room. @Gragg9, thank you for recruiting me to the ducks. Nice having another Colts fan on the team. To bad you have the gross KC fandom too. @Painted – my field design sound board and game night host. Thanks for putting together that team bonding that surely gave us the edge in the playoffs.

For my next step in my career, I want to thank someone that will probably be mentioned a lot in this thread. @124715 was the one who scouted me for HON and ultimately got me drafted. Now together in the war room with him. I look forward to helping to take some of the great things HON has done and continue that with him.

Lastly I’d like to thank my partner in crime @Fronk. Glad you got my involved in the league and it’s been a blast doing the ULTIMATE FAN EXPEREINCE -ence -ence -ence. $$$ and on top of UFE we we were lucky enough to be named co-captains of the DSFL champions – The Minnesota Greyducks!

(332 words)

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - Crunk - 07-05-2021

Right, let’s start at the beginning.

Thank you to:

@Maglubiyet For being the one who showed me the ropes, and to this day my single biggest influence in the league.

@SchwarzNarr For GMing my prospect bowl team and making the experience so enjoyable.

@Sylphreni For looking past patchy DSFL LR discord activity and bringing me to the best place to start an ISFL journey.

@qWest For being terrible at drafting.

@abh89 and @Maglubiyet huge thanks for being brilliant GMs in London, even prior to your official appointment. A smaller thanks for the Ultimini.

@katarn22 @Swanty @platanocat @xenosthelegend @y2bobman For being a great draft class to come through the DSFL with.

@DeadlyPlayer Just for being you. You are an absolute gem and a pleasure to be in the same LR as. Never change.

@katarn22 and @Swanty again for that absolutely insane afternoon we spent watching forum activity and talking to fellow rookies to try to get the perfect mock draft. Great memories.

@Unicorn for bringing me to AZ, and taking on certain war room members to do so. I think you nailed it, much like the rest of the S25 draft.

@Opera_Phantom for being the best teammate possible, and for always so artfully treading the line between miserable bastard, troll and lovable, big-hearted dude. I aim for that line but frequently miss.

@Z-Whiz for coming to me at the end of my rookie season and asking if I wanted to GM. Spoiler: I didn’t, but yolo. I honestly never would have thought we would work together quite so… easily. You’re a fucking dream to GM with mate. May we get absolutely fisted in the playoffs a few more times before this is done. You know, or not. Fuck you DDSPF.

@qWest and @Kotasa for being two guys who looked past the unfashionable Outlaws brand and said “I want to be there”. Meant a lot to the AZ project, and means a lot more to me.

@BRNXB0MBERS @SabaDonutMan @zeagle1 @ztarwarz @LSUFAN101 @Pib I haven’t mentioned you guys yet, but thanks for being AZ through and through, and making the team and LR way more than just some dot football stuff.

I could shout out many more S25 guys and I have probably forgotten some deserving Outlaws, but my lunch break is over. I could tag half the league in this post, as I could count on one hand the number of truly negative experiences I have had. Thank you all.

Code:

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - dude_man - 07-05-2021

So I kind of already did this earlier in my UW task, but some of those I haven't mentioned are @GuitarMaster116 for being the dude that drafted me in Tijuana. Without his help, I would totally be lost and may have not have the same interest in the league as I do now, so I appreciate it. As former OLotY, he also helps with my build in NOLA, so it's awesome having him as a teammate too. And with the departure of GM as GM, I want to say thank you and congrats to my boy @Exilate. Without going too mushy, this dude is my bro and I'm glad we got to be teammates and I wouldn't trade it in the world. I was glad to block for him in the 2 seasons we were together, especially helping him get the MVP of the DSFL. You'll do great things as GM of Tijuana! I also want to say thank you to @Gragg9, he sent me a shoutout, and I forgot to acknowledge it. So I'm sorry man. But honestly funny story, you were my "main rival" for trying to get TPE right before DSFL draft because you were OL as well. Only to find out that you position swapped, so I was like "what the heck?" It's all good tho, the beef was fake and I'm glad you're doing really great things for the league, especially with your player dashboard. That thing is legit. Last but not least, I want to thank @bex for giving me the opportunity as DSFL Sim Head. Without it, I would not be where I am today, and I'm so glad to be part of Sim Team because that's where my drive to basically apply for every position in the league started as well as the love I have for the community, and I just appreciate the opportunity she gave me then, and I hope I made her proud in doing so.

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - Dp-420 - 07-05-2021

This one seems easy, but it is a little difficult. Not because there are not nice people in this league, its absolutely the contrary. There have been so many people in this league that have helped me during my tenure in this league. Everyone needs a little help or advice from time to time, and its awesome to be able to freely ask other folks and not get welcomed with bad attitudes and stuck-up personalities. Everyone genuinely seems to give of the impression anyways that they are there to help without a question. As part of the sim team, I have gotten a lot of help from some of the best. Those would be @dude_man, @bex, @Gumbaman and numbers. They are really a great group of people to be around, and they have always made me feel like I belonged. Next, I would have to put down the guys that sparked my interest and got me interested in the league. That would be @Air Crou, and @Crunk. I know these dudes from the PBE. I have been around in that league slightly longer than them, but I helped them back then, and they kind of helped me here. It was a classic giving back scenario. Love those guys. Then finally some DSFL love. Beginning with @Kotasa. This dude helped me rock out a wiki page, and Im sure at one point he probably though I was a lost cause with Wiki, but I somehow was able to figure out the coding stuff well enough to make my page look damn solid. Id gives a solid 8. Thanks, Kotasa. He also helped me get acclimated in the league, and where to go to locate certain things and what not. Your typical first day on the job refreshers. Now, finally the London Royals. This locker room has been huge for my development. They are all just a great bunch of great people with the willingness to help. @katarn22,@Mojojojo, @mag, @slate, @SaviorHawkins, @Dolphins, and of course @, im 100% sure there is someone Im leaving out, but this locker room has been absolutely brilliant! They help make this league more enjoyable when you can celebrate with your teammates and gm’s when good things happen and can 100% except someone to lift you up when you’re riding a rough patch. So all those people, definitely helped me, or guided me in any way I could have ask for. Thanks to all of you.
One, two, London’s coming for you!
Code:

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - SchwarzNarr - 07-05-2021

Dear Rookies,

Over the past several seasons, you have been and become my favorite part of the league. Period. Whether you are big classes, small classes or somewhere in between, filled with recreates, filled with fresh faces, you are the reason that I love this league. I’m probably going to become known as the Rookie Mentor who just can’t quit, and I can’t, because of all of you.

Seeing new users coming into the league, fresh and excited, curious about what this sim league thing is all about is just wonderful. I love watching you go “I have no idea what the GMs might like, but here’s a DSFL Mock draft for you” and then live out the season, get to know things a bit more, get in war rooms, and go for it with your ISFL mock drafts with so much more wisdom. I love seeing you not be disheartened if you were a late round pick, and instead use it to motivate yourself to become an even better pick and more desirable prospect for the ISFL draft. I love just watching new prospects who have never touched photoshop before, get it and then suddenly in a season or two become these graphics gods who are working at Dotts and working on awards and draft graphics. All of it, makes me so excited.

And recreates, oh my recreates. I love seeing you excited about being in a draft again after some very long careers (and sometimes short ones!). I love seeing you excited about returning to the league after a long absence, happy about some of the changes that were made to combat the things that frustrated you into leaving. I love watching as you are either excited and loyal in wanting to return to your DSFL team (and how excited they are to bring you back), and how excited you are about potentially finding a new home this season. I love watching you share your wisdom about “Hey here are some graphics tips” or “If you want help writing a mock draft, DM me”.

Rookie Chat. Rookies (whether veteran rookies, or true newbies), you are my favorite part of this league, and I’m so thankful to spend the seasons with you.

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - ZootTX - 07-05-2021

When I joined the ISFL, I had no idea what I was doing. I just kind of meandered along clumsily at first. I am thankful to @Kyle and @gucci for taking a chance on a raw newb and drafting me to Dallas, taking me under their wings, and getting me started in sim leagues (should I be thankful for that part lol?) I am thankful for all Birddogs, past and present, win or lose, but I’d like to give a special shout out to some of the old dogs, @zaynzk, @Gumbaman, @ReverendOReily, and @yonggarius still hanging out in the war room and keeping the team spirit alive. Couldn’t do my job as GM without your important contributions. Can’t forget about all the former Dallas GMs that had a huge impact on me, as a player, GM, or both. Can’t forget the old dogs @Kyamprac, @Amidships, @enigmatic, or @OrbitingDeath who helped build the Dallas LR. @r0tzbua for taking a chance on me as his co-GM for two seasons. Unfortunately, we couldn’t win you a ‘ship in your last season. Finally @Asked Madden for being willing to step up and helping me GM the Birddogs.

At the ISFL level, I can’t forget @shadyshoelace and @flyeaglesfly29, and later on @PMoney  for taking another chance on me in Yellowknife. I’d like to think I outperformed my draft position Smile In the Wraith’s locker room there are a bunch of great guys, but @deadlunatic @UberBJ are the ones I talk to the most.

In the bank, can’t overlook the world’s best boss @Opera_Phantomwho makes sure we get paid on time and doesn’t mind if we embezzle just a tiny bit (kidding there)

On the budget team, I’ve got a great crew that always steps up to make sure everything gets done in @"Maglubiyet" @shrub02 @TheRocheLimit and @SwankyPants31

I’m sure I forgot someone here, and I apologize for it. At the end of the day, this league is great because of the people in it.

Also @Frostbite sucks lmap

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - Beck - 07-05-2021

This is going to be the easiest and hardest task point I have had to do. @IceBear32 has been a huge help since I began. He is one of my good real life friends, but also fierce ISFL rival. So naturally I don’t want to give him credit for anything, but here I must.

He reached out to me for over a month trying to get me to sign up. His consistency and peer pressure led me to joining so that I could get him off my back. Once I joined, him and Fronk went out of their way to make sure I was learning how the forums worked and keeping me motivated up to draft time. Ice Bear led the charge and would even send me direct links of different things like the activity checks, etc so that I had an easier time finding them all. He even messaged me today because he saw I hadn’t done the activity check that literally opened up today. I really don't think I would have made it this far without his help as I was really confused when I first began.

@Fronk has also been a big help as mentioned above. They’ve both helped a ton. He made me my first player render graphic and also provided me with extra help once  I created my own graphic. During games, we would occasionally group chat about how each player is doing. It has also been really nice that he hasn't constantly rubbed his championship in my face similar to Ice bear. Fronk has proved that not all ducks are bad ducks.

@negs has also been a joy to be on the same team as. He is the general manager and provides constant help and I have enjoyed his funny personality. I think he tries his hardest to keep everyone in the locker room involved and it has been great chatting with him on the side. He recently let me get into scouting and has been checking in frequently to see how things are going. I have appreciated all he’s done.

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - IsaStarcrossed - 07-05-2021

I'm going to start with the biggest and most obvious person who made an impact on me in this league. @woelkers. When I came into this league I knew absolutely nothing about sim leagues, I knew nothing about what to expect, and I was lost and clueless. Back in S17, things weren't as clear as they are now. The rookie mentor team was a bit of a mess and the rookie guide was wildly outdated. It was difficult to really get a handle on things and then Woelkers who had just finished his first season in the league and was just barely more than a rookie himself took me by the hand and guided me through everything. He helped me learn the ropes and taught me my love for media. He was the single most important person in my finding love for sim leagues and if it hadn't been for him, I'd have likely gone inactive early on. Since then that has blossomed into a real friendship and I'm not afraid to admit that he's become one of my favorite people in the world, not just the league. Woelkers, you're a beautiful human and I appreciate you.

Next up is @TomHanks. Tom not only helped guide me a bit early on, but he was also the one who pushed to take me 1OA in the S18 draft to NOLA. He put a ton of trust and positivity into me and while I eventually burned out and went somewhere I could take more of a back seat after obsessing over NOLA for an IRL year, I hope he still feels that 1OA pick was worth it. We had some great times in NOLA and I love this guy to death. he was an incredible mentor and taught me everything I know about GMing, team management, and doing what is right for the league overall. TH has long been a pillar of this community and I think he's one of the best things that has happened to this league.

Then there is @Tesla. Oh man, where do I even begin with Tesla? I could rave about her all day long, but the reality is Tesla is the person who reminded me there are truly incredible people in this world. When I came back to the league after burning out, I didn't think it would last, but then I met Tesla and she taught me so much. She taught me that this league doesn't have to be stress and chaos all the time and that there is always room to be kind to others no matter what. Tesla is one of the best people I've ever met and I likely wouldn't be in in this league without the impact she had on me. Every day she seems to go out of her way to do something that brightens may day be it a nice letter or a hilarious photo. Whatever it may be, she has made my world a better place by being in it.

To my Yeti friends. You're all amazing. Sylphreni and Schwarz have assembled a group of the kindest individuals this league has to offer. Everyone goes out of their way to support and cheer each other through life and through the league. The Yeti have created a close knit family atmosphere that I've never really experienced anywhere else. Everyone feels heard, everyone feels included, and everyone is welcome. There are way too many of you guys to list, but I couldn't imagine the Yeti without any of you. You've all made my time in this league better.

@SchwarzNarr including you in this would be cheating as it would become a 10,000 word PT. You're the best person I know and I couldn't imagine my world without you. Keep being awesome.

WithTheMoose in SHL.