International Simulation Football League
(S30) Offseason Point Task - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S30) Offseason Point Task (/showthread.php?tid=33328)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - Thelastheraclid - 07-15-2021

These kinds of point tasks are always hard for me because I always feel like a dick if I forget to write something or feel like I am leaving someone off the list. Before I get into the specific thanks I just want to say that every person I have come in contact with on the sight has been awesome. I have not had a single bad interaction with anyone and it has ruled. So to everyone I have chatted with thanks for being cool. If we haven't chatted I bet you are keeping it real so keep doing you.

I am not the most active in the locker room because of the time zone I live in but I have been welcomed nonetheless. Right off the bat after being drafted to the Austin Copperheads last week I received a totally killer sign from @Kyamprac It was a total surprise to get that and it really picked me up. I know it isn't easy making sigs (I have wasted many hours trying to make subpar ones). It will be in my arsenal for a long time! Thanks again.

Leading up to the draft I got to talk to a lot of excellent scouts. Although I did not get drafted by San Jose, @Sebster and I had a great conversation over the course of a couple of days. He definitely went above and beyond in his scouting duties and I truly appreciate the effort he put in. Best of luck to San Jose as long as they are not playing Austin.

Finally to @Amidships and @frazzle14 a huge thanks for taking a chance on me and adding me to the Copperheads. Over in the SHL I turned getting picked in the second round into a pretty great career and I am going to do my best to make sure that that happens over here in the ISFL as well. I'm not in the locker room enough but it has been great when I have been. 

(334)

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - Ismael8907 - 07-15-2021

Well for This PT i can mention a ton of people. But i will just mention the people that really helped me and made the league so much funner. First off this is an obvious one for me. As my formal S22 player, @Starboy was one of the first people to get in touch with me. He helped me get into the league and learn all the ropes of the league and made the league a lot more enjoyable as him as my gm. Hes been probably the best person in the league imo and has been helping me since day one. Second person is also a person from my past player. @Frick_Nasty was my ISFL GM(Colorado) and helped a lot settling in the big leagues. He was a great person to talk to and helped me learn a bunch about the league. He was also a great friend and i always loved talking to him. Probably the second best Gm ive ever had. Alright lets get into my current player. The first person to reach out to me was @124715 . He reached out to me really fast and we just became buddies right away. He helped me a ton settling in the league once again and answering any stupid questions i had lol. Anyways now he’s officially my GM and so far hes been amazing to me. Hopefully we can build a dynasty in KCC. And finally my last guy is gonna have to be @Kotasa . Kotasa is the Co GM for TIJ and picked me up from waivers. He made my return to the league an amazing return. Helping me on my wiki and just being a great person overall. Kotasa has been a great friend and helped me a lot all the way to the draft. I wish you the best if luck! Anyways theirs my Ted Talk.

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - 3lewsers - 07-15-2021

The Norfolk locker room was a great place, which is where I got my start in the league. Everyone was very nice, and they all tried to be as helpful as they could to a fledging young tight end. Those people were Bex, before she was Commissioner; ScorpXCracker, iamslm22, Woj, Huskies311 (my future GM in Baltimore), IsaStarCrossed, Pieanator, Tequila, Gucci, drectors cut, Juniped, and numerous others. After my promotion to Baltimore, there was a whole new set of helpful users at my disposal. They were Bagel, KanakoTheSquirrel, MisObvious, Starboy, ValorX77, Duilio05 (the greatest GM of all time), Dewalt27, and too many others to mention by name. I spent many seasons with the Hawks before being traded to the San Jose Sabercats. Upon my arrival in San Jose, I was immediate treated like part of the team. Matty, one of my 2 GM's with the Sabercats is right up there with Duilio05 as one of my favorite people in the league. ckroyal92 is also a great and helpful GM. My QB Monty Jack (Rradum) is a great leader on and off the field, and always stays positive. KoltClassic, Muford, inverted, Kotasa, Rusfan, Eldorian, and ComebackZak all deserve mentions as early teammates of mine in San Jose. Asked Madden is very smart and a great locker room presence, Sebster has a great sarcastic sens of humor, and RussDrivesTheBus is a fellow Seattle Seahawks fan. It is also a pleasure to spend time on a team with future hall of famers Jamar Lackson and Lowlycrib. I have had mostly a positive experience in the ISFL and for that I am grateful to pretty much everyone that I have come in contact with throughout my career. I would also like to give a special mention to Bayley, for putting up with me while co-heading Fantasy Football with him for the past few seasons. The league should be happy to have him around. In addition, I want to give a shout out to Opera_Phantom, who is fun to talk to via twitter. Thanks to all. Lewandowski out.

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - Cody - 07-15-2021

Alright, there are so many people in this league that have had such a positive impact on me in the last year. This is seriously one of the best communities I have ever had the pleasure to be a part of and that is no joke.

I'll start off with my original boys in KCC that were some of the first people I really interacted with on the site. @slate @frazzle14 @GlimsTC @WhatAmUs You really made it enjoyable there my first season and really believe it's a reason why I continued earning and burning. We had an epic collapse but it was made a lot easier by you guys.

Thanks to @Huskies311 @Buttersqauch101 @"Jackets28" for drafting me into Baltimore and allowing me to get a start immediately that year. I also want to thank you for allowing flexibility in sending me to Philadelphia to be a GM. It was greatly appreciated. 

In Philadelphia I'd like to thank a number of people who have been awesome in there @iamslm22 @Hallmonitor_20 @209tacos @charlit @juniped @xenosthelegend @bluesfan55 @Ace @WildfireMicro @Hordle @Jimi64 @J0EB @xtitanxmvpx @Exilate @Luciddreams702 @goodfortunecoffee @Amulos @"Ryan Negs" All of you have made GMing so great and your input and dedication to the team have been quite the blessing. I couldn't ask for a greater group to build a contender with in this league. 

Just a few random people who have been awesome in this league and have made it a great experience and I am always happy to talk to anytime of the day! @katarn22 @platanocat @zaynzk @Pancakes @Kotasa @"simo_393" @DeadlyPlayer @Modern_Duke @Sebster @Swanty @Jo3fish5 @abh89 @Menace0528 @ReverendOReily @Crunk @Mojojojo @"Maglubiyet" @zeagle1 @Z-Whiz @Frick_Nasty @SchwarzNarr @infinitempg @MN_Moosey @bex @TomHanks

And finally I'd like to thank my best friend in real life and my partner in crime @"Punter715" this guy has been my best friend for 20ish years and he has been nothing but a kind hearted soul since I have known him. I am guessing anyone he has met in here would say the same thing. He's kind and treats everyone with respect. The league definitely got a good person with him joining. 

If I forgot anyone I apologize. I tried to hit up everyone I could and if I didn't feel free to yell at me. I hope to continue to make new friends here and next time I can add another 100 names!

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - ComebackZak - 07-15-2021

My time in the International Simulation Football League has been for the most part a really great one. I will do my best to highlight all of the wonderful people that I have had the chance to play for and share a locker room with.

First person that comes to mind who really helped me in building out Tugg Speedman was @Frick_Nasty. Despite being from the stinky Death Valley Scorpions at the time in the Pro Baseball Experience and our updater, he was super helpful on a few different occasions with how I should spend my TPE to be the best possible player I can be.

The second person is for sure @katarn22. I thought you were my GM in London for like half of my first season cause you scouted me haha. You've been an awesome person to share a locker room with and to also be teammates with in the Halo League. Also, you're my biggest fan on twitter  Big Grin

I guess the third person would be @Bauer. Pretty sure your player is dead now but I did really enjoy our 1-2 punch combo in London. It was fun while it lasted since you went IA... smh.

The next person is definitely @zaynzk. Ever since I joined the New York Silverbacks, I've wanted to maintain a max earner as best as I could, and still intend to do that obviously. I'm glad you reached out to San Jose about trading for me, I don't think that this could have worked out any better and honestly I am super grateful to land in New York, and not just because we won an Ultimus already lol. Looking forward to many more seasons with the Silverbacks!

@Crunk you're stinky but I still love you. Your biggest mistake was not drafting me but I made up for that and drafted you in the Pro Baseball Experience. Also, please retire soon so I can go off against the Outlaws two times a season.

@platanocat you're funny as hell and I'm glad we've been able to be teammates in both London and now New York.

@Tayjay you're my brother and you make sure I do my shit every week and vice versa. Cute PT pass... I hate you Smile

@Trautner *insert TO "that's my quarterback gif* lol thanks for giving me good numbers and I look forward to what this season can bring for us!

Code:
402 words

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - Vaelynn - 07-15-2021

The league so far has been fantastic and there are a number of people who have not only contributed to my success in it, but my enjoyment of it as a whole. I have loved every second of playing in the league, the comradery of the locker rooms, and the genuine friendships that I have made so far. First and foremost, I have to thank SouthPaw for his support when I first got started in the league. Without him, I am not sure I would have made it past the first week or so. I think I had to remake my new player profile like seven or eight times, and it wasn’t until SouthPaw spent 40+ minutes of his time with me, walking me through the very basics, until I really understood what I needed to do.

Second, I have to thank my Real Life friends Amulos (my twin) and Titan. Both of them have really kept me up to date on Point Tasks, and it is always fun to dive in and watch the games or drafts together. Each of us has out moment in the spotlight (all of us have one an award at one point or another), and most of all it helps us stay engaged. Countless times I have gotten a late night reminder of a point task that slipped my mind, and it is always great to stay up to date. These guys also keep me competitive – I want to beat them, so it motivates me to stay on top of everything.

Lastly I want to thank the New Orleans Second Line Organization for picking me – Mithrandir especially has been very impactful. He helped me to build out my player build and has worked with me regularly to keep me engaged and moving forward. Overall, the league is filled with great people, and I love being a part of it!

315 words

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - JKortesi81 - 07-15-2021

Oh awesome, I love talking about how great people are!

@Mooty99 – My good, dear friend. It’s amazing how long we’ve been on this journey in all sim leagues together. We’ve done a lot of good for sure, and I can’t wait to see what the future holds for us. You’re easily my favorite person from across the pond, and I never take for granted how lucky I am to have you as a friend.

@Amidships – There is no one better to have taken over the Austin Copperheads. They’re in such good hands, and I know that Ultimus is coming very, very soon. We’re going to get there for sure.

@Kyamprac – haha you got fired. But for real, you’re an awesome person that might be my favorite person to talk shit to. It saddens me that your love for this league has waned, even if it has been for good reasons, but still, I hope it doesn’t result in your eventual exit from this sim world.

@Kyle – KYLE. You’re not stinky. You’re not stupid. Despite everyone in the world being constantly mean to you, you’re actually a very awesome guy with a heart of gold. Don’t ever change man.

@AdamS – It still makes me laugh when I think about how we got to this point. We went from rivals (which I guess was natural given our stubbornness and tendency to always think we’re right) to the most successful pair of GM’s in expansion history. But more importantly we became really good friends a much deeper level than just “dude from a sim league”, even if that’s the safe way to describe you. Covid kind of knocked out our plans to hang in Vegas, but I’m *Sure* I’ll be able to find a reason to head that way sooner than later anyway. You’re truly one of a kind, and I’m glad I know you on facebook.

Well, that’s just getting me over the point I need to be at so I’m just cutting it off here and now. It’s a lot easier than trying to talk about how great all of the members of this site really are. (356)

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - wuma - 07-15-2021

I really can't narrow down the amount of people who have made my time in the league a good experience, but I guess I'll try. There's going to be some short shout-outs, and I hope that those people don't take any offense to the brief wordage. There's really two people who I have to give major credit to.

@Exilate, @124715, @Blasoon, come to mind off the bat. They were Carolina Kraken draftees in the SHL and were bother very active when they came aboard. They had great things to say about the league and started to get me to start thinking about recreating. @"Punter715" was another big factor. We had a very successful draft for the Kraken based strictly off of ISFL guys. With that many good people showing up, maybe the league was going to be worth checking out again. Originally, my buddy @iamslm22 is the one who got to me to create. All of these guys have been instrumental in me being in this league.

I'm sure I could fluff some more words about all of the guys above, but I'm working on grilling dinner. So I'll really focus on the two people who I credit everything I've done in this league to - @Kotasa and @GuitarMaster116. Other teams were scouting me when I got the word that Tijuana claimed me off waivers. I didn't have any idea who was on the team, just that you guys picked me up almost instantly. It turns out, this is the best place I could have ever have hoped to end up. The amount of work that Kotasa and GM put into me is off the charts. After the Kya drama, they both reached out to me to make sure that I was okay in the league, since I said that the whole situation made me regret recreating. They kept in constant communication with me, helped me with my build, listened to my random gripes, and they're the sole reason I'm still around in this league.

I can't say thank you enough to Kotasa and GM2. You guys are fucking studs, and I love both of you.

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - Attopax - 07-15-2021

First and foremost, I wouldn't be in this league if it wasn't for @Amidships finding it on Reddit last year. And I wouldn't still be in the league if it wasn't for the band of friends that I joined it with: @Kyamprac, @Tonzy, @RDBSouthPaw. I especially enjoyed going through the draft process together with you all. It was truly exciting.

During my DSFL time, I give credit to my Londoners. You sucked me into the league and gave me my first home. @Sylphreni, @Modern_Duke , @DeadlyPlayer, @Highhaschdi, @abh89 and... well, the whole Discord server. I wanted nothing more than to come back, but it wasn't in the cards.

That lead me to my first drafted home, Kansas City! @Buttersqauch101 and @Matty7478 thanks for drafting me. You also gave me my first glimpse inside of a War Room. Thanks for letting me learn the ropes. Given I was still young and overwhelmed by everything, I won't even attempt to name all of the War Room members who I learned from in addition.

Shout out to Portland GMs, but particularly @zeagle1 keeping me around in Portland's War Room and letting me continue to contribute at the DSFL level.

My Honolulu breathren... @Raven, @ADwyer87 (miss you), @gucci, and the other war room members at the time, thanks for the draft pick. I am so happy I ended up where I did. @siddhus, for being over a decade apart, we certainty work together well. Lol. Thank you for your continued partnership, and thank you for dealing with my crazy work hours that undoubtedly impact you. @Number 82, Honolulu wouldn't be what it is without your efforts. Please know how much I value everything you do, and please know that the day Honolulu wins an Ultimus with you on the roster, you deserve the glory. @124715, easily one of the best draft picks ever. You have brought out War Room to a new level with your organizational and spreadsheet prowess. Again, War Room wouldn't be the same without you. @OrbitingDeath, you have always stepped up to help in the War Room, and I think you have been integral in Honolulu's improvement since you joined us. I'm so happy to see your player getting the reps he deserves. @Gumbaman, who don't you know? Your help in scouting has given us an edge that I hope continues moving forward. @bex, the league spreads your Discord comments across numerous channels, but whenever you read up on discussions and chime in, it is appreciated. Finally, @r0tzbua, like others here, you've always been a vocal opinion in the War Room. Although your time and attention was rightfully on Dallas the last few seasons during your tenure there, I look forward to having you full time again. Tongue Outside of team business, you've become a welcome friend, and a pleasure to get to know outside of the locker room. I look forward to when we take that ski trip together. Tongue

Similarly, @Kyle , without this crazy sim league journey, you wouldn't have stumbled into my friend group. While I haven't had the pleasure of working with you like the others, I have enjoyed having someone to talk to late and night after all the "normal people" have gone to bed. Thanks for being my insomnia partner. Lastly, @Philliesphan96 , thank you for being my lone Philadelphia ally. Smile

@HalfEatenOnionBagel, you were I believe the first person to speak to me on the site. Thank you for being so welcoming.

@Tesla, thank you for the shout out in your post, and thank you for being you.

@hexify, never stop being you. You are awesome.

And because I am running low on time for doing this last minute, thank you to everyone else that has made this enjoyable.

(To the grader, my tags aren't working so.... I am posting this at 7:57, but only going back to edit it to fix the tags. This is what I get for writing this in Microsoft Word first...)

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - BenDover - 07-15-2021

Ever since joining the league way back in June of 2019, making a player who was the GOAT, rip Ronald "The Watt" Watkins San Antonio Legend, and then leaving him to rot just after hitting the DSFL cap, as I didn't have any time to commit to a fake player. Then as the world got to stay inside I decided to rejoin the league with a play on the current headlines on newly crowned MVP Lamar Jackson being a RB, so I created the very cleverly named Jamar Lackson who had possible QB potential but decided not to use it.

In my return to the ISFL I was very happy to go back to my former team in the Marshals now renamed to the Minnesota Grey Ducks lead by @Dewalt27 and @CLG Rampage combined with our great S22 draft class that unfortunately couldn't win on the field, DSFL Acura Skyline still haunts my nightmares >:C. They built a great Locker Room with @SnowyWolfz @SomeSay... @Jangorhino and many more. This team gave me the opportunity to GM for the first time, and although I was nowhere near the best at my job I had lots of fun. From being mentored by @woelkers who helped to spread the legend of Fast Boija and @TheCC trading for the last pick as a meme and getting an active out of it, Minnesota was the perfect place to be and I am thankful for the culture that has stuck until this day.

Onto the ISFL, thanks to @ckroyal92 and @Rradum for taking a chance on me in the 7th round, I hope you guys never regret that pick. While in San Jose I got the on field success, back to back rings ezpz, along with a great locker room of people like @Matty7478, @Asked Madden , @KoltClassic, @TropicaliaCC, @RussDrivesTheBus and many others that make this sim league special. Thanks ISFL for making this place a positive place to be, and hopefully I get to experience it all again with my eventual recreate :eyes: