International Simulation Football League
(S30) Offseason Point Task - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S30) Offseason Point Task (/showthread.php?tid=33328)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - deadlunatic - 07-06-2021

This one should be easy. I have a similar story to a lot of the season 25 recruits. I was a reddit recruit, randomly saw the post and thought, yea that could be interesting. Once I joined, my first week was me just having no real clue as to what was happening. I mostly spoke in the DSFL discord. Was invited to most of the DSFL locker rooms, but I really didn't start talking until after I was drafted.

I didn't realize the draft was already done a week a head of the draft presentation, so I was hoping I would go a little higher than I did. I was drafted with the 78th pick, round ten, by the Tijuana Luchadores. @mithrandir and @SwankyPants31 are the ones who decided I was worth a pick. 

I felt like this was the locker room for me from the beginning, and I feel a lot of that was from the way the LR was managed. But also I joined with an amazing group of people. @Kotasa @GuitarMaster116 @"Punter715" being the main three I remember from that draft class in TIJ that I still talk to you. (also I am most likely forgetting people) I don't have the time to go through connect all the users names from this discord with their forum name, so I definitely left a lot of people out. 

Then I got draft at the beginning of the 4th round by the Yellowknife Wraiths and got the call up. This would then become my second home. Again I feel it is due to the leadership @flyeaglesfly29 @PMoney. Both have made it a great place to play and win. 

Then we have the other players in there I get to talk with @DarknessRising is my WR mentor. @ZootTX Turns out he lives close to me, @UberBJ @Opera_Phantom , @Arkz @shadyshoelace And there are others who forum name I do not know because I only talk to them on discord. 

Lastly I want to thank the Fantasy football people for all of their work, I don't know all of the people who run it, but @Bayley.
Also wanted to throw a shoutout to @infinitempg for all of his work that he has done to improve some of the day to day stuff, like his bot and site with all the stats.
Also @Bigred1580 @CalvinGolladay Some of the people I try to tag just wont let me put it in here

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - Vikain - 07-06-2021

Coming back to this sim league after a while off, it was almost coming into a brand new site. While some things stayed the same, others changed. The one thing I never thought about until talking to the people in discord and looking at the media, is how many different people there are now. Which is a great thing for the community and the league. The fact there are so many new people, shows me that the league is still growing and thriving in multiple aspects. When I first joined the league, it was brand new and in all, it felt like everyone was trying to get used to it, and the community was smallish but everyone was on board to help envision it to where it is now. Coming back to the sheer number of players and users that I don't know from the past is staggering both that there are many new users and the fact the older guys unfortunately are not around. One name did come up and I am glad that this user is around because they are fantastic, extremely nice, and helpful. They have a ton for this site and I believe they were one of the OGs, if not coming in at S2. This of course is @124715  or surprisingly to me, many of you call him numbers. I'm not entirely sure if he has become accustomed to the name numbers, and if he is just rolling with it, but as a Lions fan, those numbers have hurt me. But back to “Numbers”, he is again one of the greats, and I am glad that he is still around as one of the big users in this league. He's helped me a ton back in the day and now...nothing has really changed. We had a great time back at the start of Philadelphia Liberty upbringing and maybe we'll share a locker room again. Thank You 124715. Not you 124716.

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - negs - 07-06-2021

Since joining the ISFL, there has been so many people that have made a positive impact on my experience. 

I would be a dummy not to mention my friend who got me started in the league @rapideagle. Thanks for introducing me to such a great community.

When I first joined the league, I was greeted by a lot of people but the first person to really help me out and get me started in the league was @Jangorhino. He put up with my annoying self asking a million questions about how to do tasks and what the league was but he continued to help me and is a huge reason why I was able to thrive so early in the league. He's a big reason why I am so big on helping new players out as well and becoming a DSFL GM.

The next two people that were huge in my experience as a user are @TheCC and @BenDover. TheCC reached out to me pretty early on as Minnesota needed a quarterback and we immediately got along really well. Jamar was awesome to talk to and really helped me out in starting as well. They ended up drafting me to the Grey Ducks which was a blast and just such a great experience.

In my final season in the DSFL, Jamar stepped down and @RussDrivesTheBus took over as GM and immediately started doing work. My last season in the DSFL is still one of my favorites just due to getting to know him, participating in the war room, and having some really great teammates.

After my first DSFL season, I had the pleasure of being the first draft pick of @"ShnarlyDude" and @"Punter715"s tenures as GMs. Both have been great people to interact with and really got me integrated in the franchise and have been everything I could want in my GMs.

I had so many really great teammates and still have great teammates and friends to this day that I could go on and on about and ping every single one of them but they have all been great and a pleasure to know.

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - Frick_Nasty - 07-06-2021

First thank you @iamslm22 your stupid reddit post sucked me into this website and here I am two and half years later.

Next @nunccoepi my assigned rookie mentor. You didn't know it but your helpful start made me stick around. I was able to eventually draft you to Colorado with the goat Blackstone.  Thank you for everything you've done these past couple years.

@PDXBaller for putting together the original prospect bowl. Without this many of us s15 players who are still here wouldn't be.

@timeconsumer thank you for taking me on the marshals I'm happy my "70 speed" draft notes was all it took for you to draft me in the 6th round. My time on the Marshals will always be cherished because of you

Speaking of the Marshals it would be a shame to not mention the fab v
Firstly, @Baron1898 please come back. I miss you and hope you are well.
Next up my fellow husker and friend @terriblehippo I wish we could have had Bode and Berry together one last time in the ISFL but we were smelly and GMs majority of the time
@Duilio05 I still wish you didn't take the Baltimore gig was gonna try for you in free agency way back then. Also getting breakfast together was awesome. Let me know if you ever make your way back this way again
@shadyshoelace well well well last but not least. Friend rival gm and now teammates again. I'm glad you were able to ride Nero to the ground which gave me the opportunity to draft you with the hawks. Now we're gonna get rings on rings in the future with the hawks.

@infinitempg man who knew your little off season data mining interview would turn into this. Data slave, 2nd round pick, war room member, saving me from being the commissioner. Your gm two times. Your friend. You mean more to me then this silly thing we do here.

@Bwestfield my dad x2 marshals and yeti gm to me, I was your co gm. I hope I have made you proud. You always been there for me. We still are the toughest gm duo.

@Modern_Duke@yonggarius @RotticusScott @Bauer @jsteele14 @thevoicelesscreator my OGs my ride or dies. You guys I cannot thank you enough. You guys have helped me so much and you guys will never get enough credit for all the things you did in the early yeti days. 

@SwankyPants31 my fellow raider, hope everything is well. Everytime Gilbert runs over my hawks it's happy tears. Glad you are eating. You are true team player.

@shipwreckrising tony g my man please come back if you ever have time. My s15 brother.

@Hallmonitor_20 man this is crazy you literally brought me back to life in the league when I felt like I was done. Joining up to take over the hawks revitalized everything and I am happy we are together and we have gotten much closer because of it. We will get you a playoff win and an ultimus before you are through.

There are many other people I could go on and thank for all they have done for me these past years. If you are reading this you have more than likely helped me in some way or another so thank you.

Oh you thought I forgot you @woelkers of course not I don't even know how many messages we have sent between one another but you are one of my best friends here and in real life I'm happy I was able to see you get married. You're like a brother to me and I will never forget making you and all yeti scared when we won the ultimus and I didn't have access to discord at the time for a whol day. Like you said in yours I wouldn't be where I am without you.

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - SaviorHawkins - 07-06-2021

Damn, where do I even start as this community as a whole is just truly amazing to be part of as starting with the DSFL rookie discord, it was nice and good when I first arrived as they help me with my build as it helped dominate the DSFL season so for the DSFL rookie mentor teams, I want to thank you for helping me pick my CB position as I am in the nomination for multiple awards so for that, I can't thank you enough. Now on to my team, my kings, my lords, my earls, the kingdom of DSFL, LONDON ROYALS!!! @Luciddreams702 @Dolphins @katarn22, Dustin Parm, Slate, abh89, Will "brick wall" Smith, BIG DOLP ENERGY, and all the rest of London Royal peeps as these guys were there for me when I am up in the world and they were there for me when I was doubting myself on my ability to perform. I couldn't ask for better teammates than these guys as these guys are just built differently and made the server feel like an actual locker room as if I was there. While the many that read this are just puzzled about what I am talking about, I want you to go into the royal discord and just stay there for like a week, I promise you that you would never want to leave it because it is that damn good like it is truly a server to be at. While again I may sound like I am not giving people a chance and setting a standard for my future ISFL to reach, I just want to show my appreciation to my kings in the London royal that whenever I do leave, I will always have the royal blood on me always and I will make sure every game, every award, every effort goes to you guys as once again I could not ask for better teammates than the whole entire team.

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - C9Van - 07-06-2021

There is 1 user I love more than any. Myself. Thank you for being able to continue doing this. Your motivation is inspiring.

So inspiring that I will not even do it to 300 cause I love you so much.

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - MattBake12 - 07-06-2021

I think the people who have made the biggest impact for me so far in the DSFL have been my general mangers in Bondi Beach. Both Uber and NTG have been great advisors and guides to ISFL. I came over from the PBE and they really helped me transition into my role in the locker room, on the field and on the forums. Having joined a little late and being a bot TPE wise, they took the time to and effort to scout me out and give me a good shot at making the team. I was a little timid to start in the locker room but both were there to lighten up the mood and encourage me to be myself and have fun. Even though we didn't have the greatest season on paper, it was alot of fun following the sim and cracking jokes in the locker room. My favorite part of being in the league so far was when I released my media post giving the details of Bondi Beach's first win in season 29 and NTG reading it and immediately giving me a hard time that he didn't get any credit. I had a good laugh and I think I was able to get on Uber's good side. They prepared me so well for the upcoming ISFL draft and I'm hoping I make them proud when I inevitably get called up. I hope to stay close and active in the Bondi locker room as these GM's run a tight ship (pun intended). I was honored when they asked  me to be a part of their war room and I plan on helping them out in any way that I can so that future users can have a similar enjoyable experience that I had. Thank you so much for all you have done for me and cultivating my player as a great prospect!

Code:
315 words

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - Painted - 07-06-2021

First, I want to start and say I appreciate this point task since I didn't get a chance to post in the other thread (in other words I forgot), and giving people an incentive to post this always helps too.

Now I first and foremost want to thank @TheCC and @RussDrivesTheBus for giving me the chance to join Minnesota and drafting me in the first place. I know way back when I joined the league, I was initially thinking about straight quitting because it started to feel like monotonous work with no real payoff, that is until @ThunderTitan82 scouted me. We had a blast talking and he helped me so much by showing me more of the site and getting me reinvested. Then I joined the LR, where @TheCC took it from there. Eventually they drafted me as a 4th round flier, and I really do think it paid off haha.

I even had the pleasure to join Minn with my bois @Gragg9, @shrub02, and @mango8154 who have just been stellar teammates and friends. Pushing me, indirectly, to stay as active as possible and keep up with everything. 

Now well past my rookie season, I have been so honored to be promoted to both the Grey Ducks and Butchers war rooms, and I almost think I have to solely thank @TheCC for that lol. But it has been a great experience so far, especially being a scout. And one of my fondest memories was scouting @Luciddreams702 for the first time. It was awesome to help him out and to see him go from that to almost-MDM and now the London GM is really cool. Plus he has a really awesome pod, with an even more amazing (albeit infrequent) co-host.

I also want to give a shout out to my Ultimini Champions as well! Captains @Fronk and @IceBear32 were super clutch both in the games and hyping up the LR. I also loved reading their fan experiences as well as seeing IceBear's fields get developed. Of course I do apologize when sometimes my advice felt nitpicky haha. @Oles is definitely QB of the Millenia in my heart. The rookies @KenitohMenara, @Dextaria, and @Dukemarriot were also some of the coolest dudes I've met on this site and have been SUPER passionate to say the least! I also appreciate @Muford for not messing up the count, as well as @goodfortunecoffee and @NylarthePhoenix for being my secondary bros! @Sloths1 has been pretty cool too lol (in all honesty, thank you for joining the league and I really hope you have been enjoying it at least 1% as much as me).

Lastly, I want to thank all my pals in the war room. @Crodyman has been an awesome GM and has been exceptionally helpful in teaching me sim testing. @thevoicelesscreator, @BenDover, @DarknessRising, @CLG Rampage, @Dewalt27, @Bayley, and @"Maglubiyet" have all been incredibly welcoming and helpful in teaching me more about the league. I can't thank you all enough. And finally, I want to thank everyone else, especially you if you are still reading this. If I didn't mention you, it's only because I felt I was "@"ing too many people, feel free to DM me because I would be more than happy to thank you 'in person'!

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - hihihi_62 - 07-06-2021

The word needs more positivity so I'm very excited about this one! I've been fairly active since joining the league although I'm not the biggest "interacter" with other users a couple names really come to mind when I think about people who have had a positive effect on my time in the league. The first couple names that come to mind are some guys from my original S17 draft class that really made my first couple of seasons in the league enjoyable. Although   @SabaDonutMan had his moments of controversy early on in his career he was one of the few guys I really interacted with early on and one of the first guys I really considered a friend early on in the league. @TropicaliaCC is another S17 guy who really made my early seasons enjoyable and helped keep me around the league - He initially created as a WR (Dexter Banks) and I was a CB which created a really fun rivalry for me.  @woelkers was the mac daddy kingpin of S17 and a guy who really pushed me to want to improve and max earn TPE in a feeble attempt to keep up! Once getting to "the league" with the Yellowknife Wraiths my discord activity definitely weened but there was a couple guys from that locker room that deserve a ton of credit for helping me maximize my enjoyment in the league. @flyeaglesfly29, @Bigred1580 and @shadyshoelace all had integral parts in the Wraiths organization and continually went above and beyond to ensure everyone on that team was well taken care of in league and IRL. I'm sure it comes as no surprise to anyone who has been around the league for any period of time that these three are pillars of the league and even better guys in real life. FLy gets a double special shoutout for not only being my Wraiths GM at one time but also for hiring me on for my one and only league job as an auditor. Cheers everyone for making this such an enjoyable hobby!

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - Jerms - 07-06-2021

Firstly, I'll start off by saying that I am a brand new player. I've only been around for a little over a week now, but I have already met quite a few helpful individuals both in Discord and here on the website. As I'm sure any new player will attest: starting off can be quite daunting. There's a lot of little things to learn, and while those things may not be inherently difficult, they can be a bit confusing if you're unsure how to start.

That's what brings me to my main point; jumping into the league is no easy task, and I doubt many people would be able to get the grasp of things if it wasn't for all of the experienced members offering their help and expertise. Over the course of my very first day here, I received a warm welcome and instantaneous help from @Memento Mori and @SchwarzNarr. I had a few questions regarding how to set up my update page and get started, and they were more than happy to help me. I was private messaged by head of recruitment @Tylus who really helped me get started with the new player tasks and, more specifically, the criteria for written media posts. Also, GM for the Norfolk Seawolves @negs was one of the first to send me a private message and has provided (and continues to provide) me with invaluable information. Finally, I have been reached out to by a few others, including @yonggarius who helped me change my player's name himself and who contacted the HO on my behalf, and who also has provided me with important information. Then there's @katarn22 and @NicholasTheGreat who I haven't had yet had the opportunity to have an extended conversation with, but who both reached out to me offering their help and experience.

In conclusion, all of these wonderful people have gone out of their way to assist this new player with whatever they could. Thank you to each and every one of you, you are the backbone of this community. I really appreciate the culture that has been established throughout the league, and I look forward to continuing to establish connections with more of you! If there is anyone I failed to mention, I sincerely apologize...send me a message and I will be sure to add you to the list!

I don't know how to add the code for Word Count, but the above response is ~391 words.