International Simulation Football League
(S30) Offseason Point Task - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S30) Offseason Point Task (/showthread.php?tid=33328)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - Arkz - 07-07-2021

Its always tough to write posts like these. There's so many people that I've met during the course of my time here in this league, and they've all had an impact on me. Its difficult to sit down and start listing out different people and different things they've done with me and for me. Its probably easiest to start with where my career began in the league, with the Portland Pythons.

First, I'd like to thank my first GM, @qWest, for bringing me into the league and helping me out. Sure he sent me down the dark path of playing CB, but still he was about as great a GM as you could have as someone just starting out in the league.

Next, I'd like to shout out my teammates and folks I've met in Portland like @zeagle1, @ztarwarz, @RDBSouthPaw, @SabaDonutMan, @Hordle, @Rusfan, @Jo3fish5, @Number 82 and many more than I could possible name. Thanks for making the locker room a fun and enjoyable place to be since day one in the league.

Turning the page to the ISFL, I had the honor and privilege to be drafted to the Yellowknife Wraiths and collected a couple of championships with them. Thanks @flyeaglesfly29 and @PMoney for bringing me onto the team and giving me a chance to compete and play with the best locker room in the league. @UberBJ, @ZootTX, @deadlunatic, @DarknessRising, @shadyshoelace, @HENDRIX 2.0, @moonlight, @Opera_Phantom and many more all have given a lot of life and love to Yellowknife, and the place wouldn't be the same without any of them.

Finally, I also want to thank the folks I've had a chance to work with while taking part in my league jobs. Thanks @"Laser" for hiring me and giving me a chance as an Updater, and answering my random questions on what to do. Also thanks @Billybolo53 for his continued work and efforts on the ISFL Awards side. The job would be impossible without him. Thanks also to folks like @bex, @infinitempg, and @Swanty for ensuring things are working (mostly) on schedule on the back end.

I've certainly forgotten folks and for that I apologize. Can't wait to meet more people and make more memories in my future time with the league!

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - qWest - 07-07-2021

Big ups to @moonlight for being a great teammate and for keeping up with me as we've both moved on from OCO. Crazy to think that two GOATs of the ISFL in Armstrong and Nakamura met up on the same team for a few seasons. Feels like a huge transition between two eras.

Thank you to @Revolution5 and @jeffie43 for working so hard in the background to make OCO better while we were on that team together.

It'd be impossible to tag all of the players that I drafted and worked with in Portland during my short tenure as GM there, but despite all of the stress of taking so much on for that team and trying to turn things around, y'all made that a really enjoyable and special time in my league career. Special shout out to @Dewalt27 and @Jay_Doctor who let me talk to them and see around how they'd built their LRs while I was starting out as a DSFL GM. I hope that DSFL GMs around the league will strive to reach the level of fellowship and cooperation that so many of the other DSFL GMs in my time helped me feel.

Mad respect to @BenDover for being one of the only two remaining high level RBs from a stacked S22 RB class (still waiting for you to lead the league in rushing yards so that I can make you a sig). Pour one out to all of the guys like Skyline, indonesianhusker, howsour, and all the others of the RB gang gang

Thanks to all of the OL players around the league (except @Hordle) and to all of the people that I've played with that play at OL. OL players make the league more interesting and fun to play in, even though I don't think I could ever subject myself to that fate.

And thank you to @Frostbite for being a fun and totally not anxiety inducing rival RB the last few seasons.

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - captjanko - 07-07-2021

So I think everybody already read my Ultimus task description of the many many people who have helped make this league a great place for me so I'm going to use this assignment to double down on why @HalfEatenOnionBagel is my best friend.

I've been fortunate to have stepped foot on many continents, countries, and American states.  These travels have all helped inform one critical perspective in how I live my life which is that people are inherently good.  Whether we meet in a bar, a hostel, a wedding, or just on the street watching fireworks, people are meant to get along with each other.  If there's a sadness to this truth, though, it's that we cannot always remain connected with wonderful people who pass through our lives.

I was once deeply integrated into a group of four people, myself included.  Over the course of a year we had seen the best of each other, the worst of each other, pushed each other to spectacular heights, and gone on legendary journeys which I regularly look back on fondly.  A month before I was to depart, we had gone to our regular tavern, ordered well over a combined $1000 worth of scotch and I soon found myself in a drunken haze staring at myself in the mirror.  I loved these people.  They were my family.  And soon I would be leaving.  My life has been filled with goodbyes and even the age of the internet can only do so much to keep these lines alive.

In that moment, as I pondered the fragility of friendship, HEOB entered my mind.  We hadn't seen each other in a calendar year but he was unquestionably my best friend.  We had gone months, even years at times, of not seeing one another yet nothing ever had, or ever will, tarnish our friendship.  And so, in a blurred and manic sense, I found immense joy for a friendship that transcended all geography and time.

It's been almost 10 years since I stared in that mirror.  Every few months I receive and send updates to my friends from that cohort, but I'm writing this post on a chair no more than 10 feet from HEOB.  Family, children, work, many many things make it harder to spend time together than we could when were children but I've always felt an immense privilege to be able to spend time with HEOB.  So when he told me about this sim league and kept talking about 4 years later, I knew I had to finally join it.  And you know what?  I've been loving it.  HEOB has introduced me to some great people in various locker rooms (many have introduced themselves to me too) and I've got a great feeling that this community is one I'm going to enjoy being a part of for years to come.

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - .Laser - 07-07-2021

There's just too many people that I've connected with in this league to count, and I don't want anyone to not feel included, so rather than tag people I want to talk about what the league means to me.

ISFL was my first sim league, way back in August of 2019. I joined early in the month, then waited until I went on vacation to really get all the rookie tasks done. I did them all in a day and quickly became one of the most active members. I worked midnights at Taco Bell at the time and didn't really have a social life outside of work because of that, given the whole up until 4 or 5 and sleeping until 1 or 2. The league was always rolling at all hours of the night, whether it be really slow night shifts or trying to relax after work on an especially stressful day. S18 was riotous, sure, but they were also very caring for each other and we were a cohesive unit. As a guy who was struggling with mental health at the time, that camaraderie that we had together was one of the things that kept me going when not a hell of a lot else was going for me. Because of that, I wanted to get as involved as possible, and give back to the league that made me feel like I had a somewhat normal life.

These days, the personal connections that I have made are unreal. I know that I could count on at least ten people in sim leagues and trust them with my life. I know that I could have an extended conversation with a ton of people about a variety of topics, and I know that I can talk about just about anything with just about anyone. Because of covid and my now permanently fucked sleep schedule I now have zero interaction with others outside of work, not just zero, and it's been life saving having everyone in the league to contribute and make it the great thing that it is.

So thank you to all of you.
Code:

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - Cincyfan96 - 07-07-2021

Love this idea. As is the common theme among many of us here, there are too many to name! But three especially come to mind. The first would be the man, the mith (yay puns), the legend, @mithrandir himself. As many of you know, mith is the one who recruited me to this league, and while we haven't done much together from a sim league perspective since my days in Tijuana, he's been a constant impact and has been fun to talk with about what's going on in the league, especially since I very seldom actually know what's going on around here. Glad we found a new way to keep an old friendship going. Next up would be @Tonzy. Tonzy is that weird story of the guy who messaged me because we were the top two draft picks in our class at Tijuana and he wanted to get to know each other. I don't know how many other rookies got that message from Tonzy, I like to think I was special, but we hit it off very quickly and I have had a truly great time getting to know this awesome guy that I couldn't have met any other way. Cheers to you, Tonzy. Thanks for continuing to pop up in my DMs from time to time when I'm really bad about keeping up with Discord. It's been a real joy getting to know you. Finally, in the last several months I've gotten to have several good conversations with my GM @Dewalt27. He has been an absolutely terrific GM from day one - or I guess before day one when he talked to me while in trade talks to acquire me from Arizona. From that acquisition and getting to be one of the first 4 people to call Berlin home until now, he has been an amazing leader, listener, and has made it clear that he wants only the best for me and for my player in my time on the team. In the past few weeks, we went through contract talks and he was incredible encouraging of me, my place on the team, and my value as a Fire Salamander. You've made it extremely easy to stay excited about being in Berlin, Dewalt, and I'm so thankful you risked a round 2 pick to bring me into the fold from the start.

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - infinitempg - 07-07-2021

I pretty much already did this here (https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=32559) but why not.

First to the 0-32 team - @sapp2013, @TheMemeMaestro, @ExemplaryChad, @Supersquare04, @mmfootball, @Daybe, @ralz9, and others I'm sure I missed - thank you for getting me into the league, getting me involved and interested. I wasn't super engaged as a DSFL player but my time in the Yeti LR with you all was absolutely essential to my addiction interest in the league. We went through a lot of struggles together but that is what made us stronger as a team. I wish you all could have won the Ultimus with us.

To @PSanchez55 and @Dangles13, thanks for being great war room members and good friends. Having your input and just being able to chat in general (especially all the butt-dials from PSanchez) meant the world to me as a Co-GM and GM, and you really helped make the Yeti the behemoth they are today.

To @dropbear - I hope you're doing well. You were the leader of the pack and the GM mentor I needed, and also a good friend. While we never got that title, I think we still had a great time.

To @run_CMC and @Raven - Kicker Mafia baby! Nothing like being the only active kickers in the league and still being worse than 150 TPE inactives to bring users together. (That being said, I have the FG% record back so hah)

To @bex - you are a wonderful leader and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. How you have had the patience to do the job you're doing is beyond me. Thanks for helping me out in HO and for always being awesome.

To @Bwestfield, @Frick_Nasty, and @woelkers - you guys are the absolute best. I know I can always count on you guys when I need help. Also, thanks for running the team or whatever.

I'm sure there's people I'm forgetting to tag and for that I'm sorry. The people in this league have (mostly) been wonderful and I'm sure you are all going to do great things here and IRL. I appreciate all of you who tagged me in this - it means a lot that I've been able to make your experience here just a little bit better!

(Also @"Punter715" I better get a thank you for the vegetable oil)

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - SomeSay... - 07-08-2021

Ahh man, I have to write about people I like? Well, I have got to know quite a few people over the year and a half I have been in the league now. Most I don’t talk to on a regular basis much anymore, unfortunately.
But Starting with @Dewalt27, who was my first GM and got me on the right track, after not knowing what the hell I was doing for the first month. Honestly, there is a whole host of ducks to mention. But there is a STRONG bond with a select few. I have had COD friends, Halo 2 teams, and Diablo friends and plenty of more solid groups I have built online but nothing compares to some of these guys. To the LATE! LATE! Night VCs. Inside jokes, and just a whole bunch of shenanigans.

First, @TheCC, this dude is my right-hand man in the league, we have consistently had each other’s back helping in the league, advice in our personal lives, him helping me with one of my classes I was absolutely lost in when I started. Even if we don’t have weekly VCs anymore, we can always jump on and it is like there was never a gap.

Secondly, @Dewalt27 again, for the VCs, putting up with me as a player since I like to fuck with him and give him shit as my GM. This guy consistently takes a beating in PGA, but could easily dominate me in EU4.

Third, @Tylus, @RussDrivesTheBus, @Jangorhino, These dudes are second to none, consistent deep conversations. The constant back and forth just like we were brothers. Just don’t let Russ cook for you… OOF…. Jango, helped me make money from the start with interviews, and was a real one from the beginning, Tylus let me down a rabbit hole of paradox, thanks for that LOL

Finally, even tho I don’t hear from them much anymore, I cannot forget @thevoicelesscreator, @ForSucksFake, @ThunderTitan82, @SnowyWolfz

Sorry to anyone I forgot, but damn it DMs are always open

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - Nhamlet - 07-08-2021

For my secondary league that I largely don’t spend a whole lot of time in, I still have to say that it’s definitely due to the people here that I’m still around given the lack of general enjoyment I’ve gotten from the sim in general.

I suppose to start, I would say thanks to Rinidee who may or may not see this for being one of the earliest ones to push me to come into the ISFL, answering the many questions that I had going into it.

Another person who was highly influential and has disappeared since (is there a trend), is jeffie who I seem to follow wherever he goes. If it weren’t for him I wouldn’t have had my first DSFL and eventual  ISFL home in MBB and the Orange County Otters. I suppose following that pattern, I’ll be following him into IA but I don’t have plans for that just yet.

Hallmonitor and Mori were some of the ones who made my time on the site the most exciting, from scouting and drafting me into Philly at first. I’ll include Blassoon in this as well since there was so many people who I thoroughly enjoyed being with in Philly at first that I do wish I could go back and appreciate what we had at the time some more.

While they might not think much of it, the patience of flyeaglesfly in hiring me to the auditor position helped to provide me with a method of sustainably earning in this league. It’s not much but it’s honest work. I still can’t believe we audited as many people and updates as we did early on. These days it’s hard to imagine the workload that was necessary before but I do believe that the system as it is now is a standard I would like to see followed in other leagues.

Probably forgetting a few other folks but I’m excited to meet more people since this league has shown to have many great personalities.

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - Daybe - 07-08-2021

Hoy, el equipo de Player Progression he declarado que ahora, los point tasks no necesitan ser escrito en solamente Ingles. Por eso, yo queria escribir en Espanol para practicar. En pasado, he tomado Espanol por seis anos in clase, y por eso, hablo Espanol muy bien. 

Por los cuatros anos pasado que yo he sido en la liga, conocia mucha gente de todos los paises y grupos. Por ejemplo, uno de mis amigos favoritos en esta liga es @White Cornerback, o para mucho, solamente conocido como "Dermot". En mi primer jugador, estuve en Yellowknife con Dermot para un ano en juego. Despues, en mi proximo jugador, regrese a Yellowknife para ser director. Cuando regrese, decidi a hacer Dermot como mi asistente. El tiene humor muy avanzado, que es algo que puedo apreciar. Tambien, el vive en Irlanda. Es extraordinario que la gente que vive mas de 5000 millas desde el otro puede conectar como nosotros.

Otra gente que me gusta mucho incluye @Kotasa. Desde cuando primero lo conoci, Kotasa queria ganar dinero con el wiki. El es muy trabajador y ahora es el mejor director en el DSFL. El es un cabron, pero en una buena forma. Siempre puedo hablar con el sobre varias temas, como la liga, su ocupacion vendiendo las drogas como El Chapo, y los metodos mejores para atrapar los ratones. Sobre el final punto, hemos creado un celebracion para la ciencia de atrapar los ratones que llama "Mouse Trap Monday". Ademas, "Mouse Trap Monday" es el nuevo esponsor de "Lavelle Sports Group" o Lavelle Grupo de Deportes, que no es una agencia, pero es un grupo para promover los carreras de sus jugadores.

Hay muchos otros que no he mencionado. Tambien hay @Frostbite, quien es mi nuevo director, porque ahora soy miembro de los Sarasota Sailfish. El es un amigo bueno y frecuentemente jugamos videojuegos. Ademas, hay @zaynzk, que fue mi director el ano pasado en los New York Silverbacks. Es un individual muy respetado por mi, y fuimos campeones juntos.

Si queria reconocer todos los que me agradezco, seamos aqui para demasiado tiempo. Con todo lo he dicho, mi experiencia con Jackson Kingston he sido inolvidable, y es resulto de todos los vinculos sociales que he formado durante mi carrera.

RE: (S30) Offseason Point Task - .emfaith - 07-08-2021

So still being very new to the league and knowing who is who I would firstly like the thank @.simo for convincing me to join the ISFL in the first place. I am just really sorry for myself that I robbed myself of 6months I could have been playing in sim leagues for. All those laughs and eye rolls that I gave to him, although I did my best to listen and understand and follow along with whatever the hell he was talking about. Like London's counting channel. It wasn't until i had an invite to the server did I realise what he was talking about and it all clicked. Anyway, to simo for introducing me and answering my stupid questions.

Thanks to @zaynzk @zeagle1@katarn22 @slate @Hordle @Asked Madden for a super fun scouting experience. Thank you @negs and all of Seawolves, there are literally too many of you to name, for the great times and conversations and i cant miss out a special mention to @MMFLEX for the daily thought provoking questions. Thank you @Jimi64 for your rookie mentoring help! Thanks @Crunk for the help with my wide receiver build help - Simo is right, you are a genius! Thanks to @Kotasa for you taking a chance on me with a wiki job. I won't let you down.

I also want to take this opportunity to thank the future team to draft me next week. I am so thankful for taking a risk on me and this lil ol' country Queensland boy, Kotoni Staggs. I will do the best I can and you can count on me! I cant wait to spend the next few seasons playing for you and repping the *insert team colours here*.

I am sure there are a whole heap of other people that I am missing, always the risk for doing something like this.

309 words