International Simulation Football League
* Season Two NSFL Receiving Trio Rankings - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: * Season Two NSFL Receiving Trio Rankings (/showthread.php?tid=3342)

Pages: 1 2

* Season Two NSFL Receiving Trio Rankings - SimmerDownBruhh - 08-15-2017

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Season Two NSFL Receiving Trio Rankings[/div][div align=\\\"center\\\"]Week 1-8 Review & Update[/div]

Welcome back to the NSFL Receiving Trios Rankings! We covered last season's winners of this series, along with my personal predictions and outsider's look on the Season Two trios for each of the eight teams in the league. We also have where each team is throughout the first four weeks of Season Two. Feel free to click the links to see where we left off and to get caught up on how the system to get the rankings works:

S1 Receiving Trio Rankings
S2 Receiving Trios Preview/Analysis/Predictions
S2 Receiving Trios Weeks 1-4 Update

Every team has a specific trio of receivers, (three WRs, two WRs and a TE/RB, or whatever the QB feels comfortable with) These three makes the QB feel confident that a big play or a great in-game performance is waiting to happen.

We're going to be focusing on these attributes:

Trio Total Receptions
Trio Total Yards
Yards Per Catch (YPC) for the trio
Trio Total Touchdowns
Trio Receptions Percentage (in relation to the team)
Trio Total Percentage (in relation to the team)

Then we get the averages for those stats and see how each team stacks up. After that, we list the rankings for each specific stat and each spot in these rankings will factor into the final overall rank.

Any tiebreakers are decided by getting the average of the Trio Receptions Percentage and Trio Touchdowns Percentage. Higher percentage gets the higher spot up the list.

Here's a few notes before we get started:

We DO NOT not factor strength of schedule for this. It's all about how they performed against whoever is placed in front of them on the schedule. As you all know, it's "Any Given Game Day" in the NSFL and you never really know how a team is going to stack up against another team until it happens.

These are NOT going to be the "100% End All, Be All" trios set until the actual rankings at the end of the regular season. You want your player in one of these spots for the trios, stop whining and complaining and put in the work on the field.

If you feel a player should be up there instead of another from your respective team, feel free to ask in the comments and I can do a quick work up to incorporate the change there to see if the ranking of your team changes, check this link right here HERE.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Cool? Cool! Now let's see how each team did so far.

Number one team in the Alphabet has the number one record in the NSFL, How has the Arizona Outlaws performed so far?

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: d6ewBgG.jpg][/div]

Mayran Jackson has been holding it down for the Outlaws so far. Putting together a great case for a spot in the Pro Bowl. However his running mates (C.A. Chess and Dustin Evans) haven't been pulling their weight to help raise their ratings. So far, they are sitting under the average for five of the six stats listed.

As we already know, they still have a top spot in the overall record and they have continued their dominance since winning the Ultimus in Season 1. Whether Chess and Evans are not getting enough targets, too many drops or not coming to their own remains to be seen. They still have seven more weeks to catch up so they will need some big games to have a shot. Whether they do or not, it's no denying their talent. If any group of receivers can make a comeback, it's the Outlaws.

Next we have the DMV's very own Baltimore Hawks. What's going on here?

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: 10sMPAo.jpg][/div]

Similar to the Outlaws, they have very capable talent to work the rankings. Cooper Christmas is the clear number one receiver for the Hawks. Along with him he has two rookies in Matthew Vincent and TE Carmel Gibson. Gibson has been the biggest surprise out of the three being one of Kyubee's favorite targets. Currently killing it in the redzone and helping raising the Trio Touchdowns to average.

They all have thirty catches or more each but they are at or below the average for four of the six stats here, which will not help their overall rankings. Their strong point is in the yards and yards per catch so far. They will need to work on the rest of the rankings to move up but they can definitely make some moves. Now that they are in the hunt to be the top NSFC team, they have all of the ability to get it back together.

Next up, we have the Colorado Yeti. In their eyes, I'm sure they would love to improve their ranking from last year. What's the deal in Denver?

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: RMUspSi.jpg][/div]

Kendrick Hendrick has been putting up a stellar stat line individually right now. Not only that, D.J. Law has been the perfect compliment to his game. For the most part, it's been a two way game for them. Jon Ross is still coming into his own with a few drops here and there. Doesn't help his case when the Yeti has two receivers with #1 material in front of you.

Right now, they have three stats above the averages and three stats below it. They will need to work on getting their catches up to help raise their rankings, so Ross will need to perform in double time to make up. The season is still early so time is still on their side to improve here and in thwir win/loss record.

Now we travel to see what's going into the rankings for the Las Vegas Legion. What's happening over here?

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: 5nxqKyA.jpg][/div]

To be completely honest, I'm not sure what's happening here. Stormblessed is one of the best receivers to his the NSFL, Alexandre LeClair has always been as consistent as they come and Gabriel Tenzini has been a great security blanket for Big Money Bercovici.

The good news is that they have scored all of the passing TDs for Bercovici.

The bad news.. well, they haven't produced over the average in the rest of the categories. Sitting at third to last or worst for them. The things that kept them from being in last place was the two average ratings for two of the stats. They will need a big turnaround to move up in the ranks but there's still enough time to make that move up.

Now we have the Orange County Otters, they've came out of the gates slow to start the year, but they stayed afloat in the race for the ASFC. Let's take a look at the OC.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: Z0JnY5v.jpg][/div]

I'm not going to lie, every time the Otters come up in these rankings, I can't help but be impressed with their line of work. Bradley Westfield, Robert Phelps, and George Wright Jr all got at least 40 catches and at least two Touchdowns.

What's helping out with the Otters case to win this year has been the play by George Wright Jr. The first TE to reach 40 catches and currently leading all TEs in yards to help boost the ratings. Trey Willie has been doing his thing for a solid number four but at this point, this looks like the trio for the rest of the way. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Being above the average for four out of the six stats is helping their case. Now they just have to keep it up for the rest of the year.

How is the Philadelphia Liberty doing so far? Currently at the bottom of the NSFC for their win/loss record but what does the Trios ranking look like?

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: ZWzTVld.jpg][/div]

The Philadelphia Liberty was above the Legion in the last update and that will be the case here. Here we have our first entry mid season for a team. Paul DiMirio took the spot previously held by Hunter Mason. After test with either receiver in, Paul raised the team ranking higher. Not by too much, but it was still better with him in it.

Fox North and Damien Kroetch has been a solid one two punch but their lack of TDs is not helping them raise the bar. They sit close to the middle because of this. Currently having two stats above the average doesn't help their case either so they will need to step their game up to keep it moving on up.

Back to Cali again, next up is the San Jose Sabercats. After a great start to the season, they stumbled into a losing streak to take away their momentum. Let's see how it correlated here.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: NgVN9Yn.jpg][/div]

As you can see from this chart here, I don't think these receivers are the reason they aren't getting it done on game day. Shane Weston, Bailey Cook and Break Bottles have all been performing great this year.

Five out the six stats being ranked above the average helped them skyrocket up the Trio Rankings. Their only fault that I can see so far is the Yards Per Catch area. Although I'm sure he'd love a Touchdown, Shane Weston isn't hurting the team ranking with zero so far on the year. Other than those two stats, they have made a very strong case to come out on top this year.

Now it's time so see how the Yellowknife Wraiths has done so far. They were the S1 Champs for the Trio Rankings, how are they looking in terms of repeating?

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: sP1IxCq.png?2][/div]

So far, Yellowknife has just enough to get themselves in the top tier of Receiving Trios. It's definitely not for the lack of talent. Damian West and Josh Garden are proving that they are as deadly of a duo as ever. We do have our second change to note with this update. Ricky Maddox has had a stellar streak of games since the last update and has moved into the spot previously filled by Darren "Sir Checkers" Smallwood. After reworking the rankings for both players, the ranking was higher for Maddox here than Smallwood.

Four stats at and above the average helped keep their rating up from the last update. The TD percentage may be down this year because Smallwood will be taking some TDs from the trio, seeing as he's the #2 receiver. They can use work on the Yard Per Catch area but so far, they have posted very respectable numbers.

Ranking time!!!!

In the table below, we have the averages for each of the stats that will help determine the top trios:

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: E1G9dxe.jpg][/div]

Now it's time to see how each team stacks up for each statistical average:

Arizona Outlaws:

Trio Combined Receptions: Below Average
Trio Combined Receiving Yards: Below Average
Trio AVG Yards Per Catch: Below Average
Trio Combined Touchdowns: Above Average
Trio Receptions %: Below Average
Trio Touchdowns %: Below Average

Below Average: 5 out of 6
Average: 0 out of 6
Above Average: 1 out of 6

Baltimore Hawks:

Trio Combined Receiving Yards: Above Average
Trio AVG Yards Per Catch: Above Average
Touchdowns: Average

Below Average: 3 out of 6
Average: 1 out of 6
Above Average: 2 out of 6

Colorado Yeti:

Trio Avg Yards Per Catch: Above Average
Trio Touchdowns %: Above Average

Above Average: 3 out of 6

Las Vegas Legion:

Trio Avg Yards Per Catch: Below Average
Trio Combined Touchdowns: Average
Trio Receptions %: Average

Average: 2 out of 6
Above Average: 1 out of 6

Orange County Otters:

Trio Combined Receptions: Above Average
Trio AVG Yards Per Catch: Below Average
Trio Receptions %: Above Average

Below Average: 1 out of 6
Above Average: 4 out of 6

Philadelphia Liberty

Trio AVG Yards Per Catch: Above Average

Below Average: 4 out of 6
Above Average: 2 out of 6

San Jose Sabercats:

Trio Combined AVG Yards Per Catch: Below Average

Below Average: 1 out of 6
Above Average: 5 out of 6

Yellowknife Wraiths:

Trio Combined AVG Yards Per Catch: Below Average

Below Average: 2 out of 6
Above Average: 3 out of 6

(Analysis of above stats listed and thoughts on individual ranks below)

Trio Combined Receptions:

Otters
Wraiths
Sabercats
Outlaws/Liberty
Yeti
Hawks
Legion

Trio Combined Receiving Yards:

Otters
Wraiths
Sabercats
Hawks
Yeti
Liberty
Outlaws
Legion

Trio Combined AVG Yards Per Catch:

Hawks
Yeti
Liberty
Otters
Sabercats/Wraiths/Legion
Outlaws

Trio Combined Touchdowns:

Outlaws/Sabercats/Yeti
Wraiths/Legion/Otters/Hawks
Liberty

Trio Reception Percentage:

Otters
Sabercats
Liberty
Wraiths
Legion
Yeti
Outlaws
Hawks

Trio Touchdown Percentage:

Legion
Yeti/Sabercats
Otters
Outlaws
Hawks/Wraiths
Liberty

With the individual rankings now complete and the ranking average finished we have our Trio Rankings below. The number in parentheses is the ranking from the last update so you can see who moved up and moved down:

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Otters: 2 Rank Average (2.333)
Last Update Ranking: 1

Sabercats: 2.67 Rank Average (4)
Last Update Ranking: 6

Wraiths: 3.33 Rank Average (2.66)
Last Update Ranking: 3

Yeti: 3.5 Rank Average (3.5)
Last Update Ranking: 5

Liberty: 4 Rank Average (3.33)
Last Update Ranking: 4

Hawks: 4.33 Rank Average (2.66)
Last Update Ranking: 2

Legion: 4.67 Rank Average (5.5)
Last Update Ranking: 8

Outlaws: 4.83 Rank Average (4.33)
Last Update Ranking: 7
[/div]

That's all of the number punching we have for this update! The Otters have a solid lead and look to take the crown this year but there is still plenty of times to make their claim at the Receiving Trios crown.

The biggest jump this update goes to the San Jose Sabercats who made the jump from sixth place all the way to number two. While the Hawks switched places with them, falling from second to sixth.

The Legion are no longer the bottom Receiving Trio and plan on increasing their rank in the final update of the year. Arizona now is at the bottom of the pack but can still make some waves to get back up to greatness.

The Wraiths remain in the same spot even though their overall rank dropped. The Yeti and Liberty switched places in the middle of the bunch. With the scores between all of these teams being so close, a surge by any of them can raise their rank to heights they all know that they can reach.

That's all I have for right now. Let me know how these rankings have affected your team's success or short comings. Have I left someone out that should be up there in your trio or did I get it right? Leave feedback in the comment section and be prepared for the final update for Season Two with the Regular Season ends.

Have a great rest of your day/night and I'll see you here at the end of the year for the final rankings of Season Two!

Also, let me know if the charts are a good size for the article. If you think they should be bigger, feel free to comment that down below.

Stay blessed, fellas!

Code:
2479 Words, ready to be graded

Slide 1 Million of my earnings to @EvanR123 The rest can come my way. Welcome back to the league, bro!

A majority of the players mentioned or took part of the articles rankings, let me know if I missed your mention, I'll add you there real quick:

@`DillyDing`
@Zoone16
@princekyle
@DollarAndADream
@RealShimSlady
@Bingbongday
@Ghostspeed
@deadendpath27
@Viktor1980
@Law
@Noble
@adam2552
@Aenir
@Ballerstorm
@Theo667
@ADwyer87
@701
@DrunkenTeddy
@Viktor1980
@Bwestfield
@Player1
@adam2552
@Merica
@JBLAZE_THE_BOSS
@RainDelay
@Blake Bortles
@daBenchwarmer
@Symmetrik
@4D Chess
@124715

Code:
Graded
Payout = 3,879,000 for SimmerDownBruhh and 1,000,000 for EvanR123

* Season Two NSFL Receiving Trio Rankings - timeconsumer - 08-15-2017

(08-15-2017, 12:37 PM)SimmerDownBruhh Wrote:Number one team in the Alphabet has the number one record in the NSFL, How has the Arizona Outlaws performed so far?

Baltimore has the best record in the NSFL currently.

(08-15-2017, 12:39 PM)timeconsumer Wrote:Baltimore has the best record in the NSFL currently.

From week eight, they we're tied, I'm sticking there and I'm giving the edge to Arizona cause they're still the reigning champs.

* Season Two NSFL Receiving Trio Rankings - 124715 - 08-15-2017

Well written as always, and glad to see myself finally surpassing the 80 TPE inactive!

(08-15-2017, 12:45 PM)124715 Wrote:Well written as always, and glad to see myself finally surpassing the 80 TPE inactive!

Appreciate it, bro! And I knew you'd make it, it was just a matter of time, I'm sure you got that spot on lockdown!

(08-15-2017, 12:52 PM)SimmerDownBruhh Wrote:Appreciate it, bro! And I knew you'd make it, it was just a matter of time, I'm sure you got that spot on lockdown!

Soon enough, I'll start playing WR full time.

(08-15-2017, 01:06 PM)124715 Wrote:Soon enough, I'll start playing WR full time.

Change in the depth chart or position change?

* Season Two NSFL Receiving Trio Rankings - Valtookan - 08-15-2017

(08-15-2017, 11:43 AM)SimmerDownBruhh Wrote:From week eight, they we're tied, I'm sticking there and I'm giving the edge to Arizona cause they're still the reigning champs.

And they are the better team TBH...

ARI

(08-15-2017, 01:15 PM)Valtookan Wrote:And they are the better team TBH...

ARI

That's what I'm saying! Lol

(08-15-2017, 01:08 PM)SimmerDownBruhh Wrote:Change in the depth chart or position change?

Depth chart. Position change may be up ahead as well, but it wouldn't be to WR Wink