International Simulation Football League
* DE Greg Taylor Requests trade - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: * DE Greg Taylor Requests trade (/showthread.php?tid=3358)

* DE Greg Taylor Requests trade - HalfEatenOnionBagel - 08-16-2017

In a somewhat odd occurrence, Philadelphia Liberty defensive end Greg Taylor has requested to be traded to……the Philadelphia Liberty.

Taylor was seen last night at a bar in downtown Las Vegas, where he clearly had been drinking quite a bit. We have been told he was halfway through his second bottle of Toleso on the night when he made a phone call to his agent requesting to be traded. The 6’6”, 280 pound second year player out of the University of North Carolina caused quite a bit of commotion in making this call and a witness to the event managed to record most of what he said.

Here is a transcript we were able to acquire of Taylor’s side of the phone call:

“My time in Philadelphia has been great, I've met some wonderful people and had some fine moments on the field as well. Our locker room was really cohesive and we have even won a few games already this season, a task once thought impossible!

I wish nothing but the best of luck to @adam2552 and @Silver Fox and everyone else that dons the blue and gold or whatever those colors are.

But man I want you to get me traded now, preferably to the Philadelphia Liberty. Those guys are building something in the East, and I want to be a part of it. I don’t care how you do it, just get me to that team.

Linebacker Donovan Maric is one of my best friends. I really wish to play with him, as well as the other members of that team and work towards something great. People know I’m a good guy, it’s jusss, it’s jus a trade is all, not trying to hurt anyone’s feelings.

In the end, I hope the Liberty, or even Philadelphia, or maybe that team with the bell logo can swing a trade for me, but make sure people know that those are the only teams I would consider. I know I have high value, and don't want my boyos to come up with a short straw, so I would expect a solid offer to be placed on the table for me. It's easy to say myself, but I think my trade value is quite high, knowing what I bring on and off the field! People love me!

So, make this happen.”

It has been triple source verified that Taylor then proceeded to hang up and immediately pass out at the bar. Within 5 minutes Philadelphia GM Silver Fox was on the scene, slinging Taylor’s arm over his shoulder and carrying him to his iconic black Escalade to take him back to the team hotel.

We got this statement from a Philadelphia fan at the bar that had traveled out for the game about the incident: “Well I’m just glad that even in his inebriated state he still wants to play for us and not somewhere like Yellowknife. I imagine someone downing even a few bottles of tequila wouldn’t request a trade there. Seriously have you been there before? It’s miserable.”

It’s likely that Taylor was just in a bad place ahead of this week’s game and was using this night of drinking as a release. After seeming like a high potential player early in his career, Taylor has been absolutely underwhelming both on and off the field thus far. We hope that with some help from his family and the team after this obvious cry for help, he’ll be able to overcome whatever has been ailing him.

Taylor was seen today warming up with the team as usual in preparation for their game against the Legion, perhaps still blissfully unaware of his strange trade request. It’s good to see that some players, even those that don't get to see the field as much, still have some sense of loyalty to their teammates and fans.

((643 words, ready for grading))

* DE Greg Taylor Requests trade - Silver Fox - 08-16-2017

Haha, awesome.

* DE Greg Taylor Requests trade - kckolbe - 08-16-2017

Micah is king of the piggy-back troll

* DE Greg Taylor Requests trade - TheWoZy - 08-16-2017

@ztevans smh

* DE Greg Taylor Requests trade - Bzerkap - 08-16-2017

lol troll

* DE Greg Taylor Requests trade - ztevans - 08-16-2017

Just going to be active enough to ask how the fuck I ended up in Philadelphia?

Okay goodbye now go back to me requesting a trade that's good narrative and I'd hate to ruin that.

* DE Greg Taylor Requests trade - Bzerkap - 08-16-2017

(08-16-2017, 08:26 AM)ztevans Wrote:Just going to be active enough to ask how the fuck I ended up in Philadelphia?

Okay goodbye now go back to me requesting a trade that's good narrative and I'd hate to ruin that.
Expansion draft bruh

* DE Greg Taylor Requests trade - adam2552 - 08-16-2017

(08-16-2017, 10:26 AM)ztevans Wrote:Just going to be active enough to ask how the fuck I ended up in Philadelphia?

Vegas drafted you in expansion, then released you. We signed you as a free agent.