International Simulation Football League
*S30 Rookie Interview - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *S30 Rookie Interview (/showthread.php?tid=33707)

*S30 Rookie Interview - CptGoosar - 07-15-2021

Mark Goodhead reaction to the S30 ISFL rookie period

The ISFL S30 DSFL draft has come and gone. Mark Goodhead has taken his next steps towards become one of the all time ISFL greats following in the footsteps of players such as Mike Boss (QB), Marc Spector (CB) & Paul DiMirio (TE) to name but a few. He was selected by the Portland Pythons in the 4th round as the 28th overall pick. He was the 2nd TE to be selected.
Initially Mark was placed on the Cellymoose team for the prospect bowl. During the 4 games on the night made didn’t make the biggest impact to the games. During the 4 games he totalled 7 receptions for 88 yards with 1 pass breakup. His biggest play came during the 2nd game vs the Round Rock Robins, where he carried a Punt return for 53 yerds, nearly scoring his maiden TD. He was also impactful in the run blocking game causing 9 blocking pancakes.

I spoke to Mark after the games, and this is what he to say.

Hi Mark, can you please give us your feelings for how the prospect bowl went for you?
The games were really tough out there, every single member of each team should be super happy and proud of how they performed. No game was easy, every single yard for hard fought for and there were freebies at all. The team played incredibly well and were unfortunate to come away with more than 2 wins, though I guess that’s sport and how it goes in the end.

How do you think you played over the series?
Like I said before, everyone played so well today and there were no easy yerds to be found, certainly a significant step up from collage football. Personal I’m a tad disappointed with my performance, I felt like I wasn’t able to find enough space to provide Malc (Malcolm Savage) with enough confidence to target me a few more times. And unfortunately, when he did, I wasn’t really able to make that big play I know I can do.

Thank you, now are you looking forward to draft night? Is there a team you’d like to be selected by?  Where do you think you’ll get selected?
Of course, I am, any player who says there’re not is either lying or not fully committed to his career in the ISFL. There isn’t really any team that would be my number 1 destination, I hope that whichever team I’m selected by wants to have me contributing to the locker room.  I’m not going to put a number on my head, being invited to the DSFL draft is an honour in itself and to be selected would be a big dream ticked off.

Cheers Mark, thank you for your time.
No worries! Roll on draft night!!!

After draft night and the undoubted celebration that would have occurred, I was able to snatch a phone call with Mark to get his response to the draft, here’s what he had to say.

Hi Mark, thanks for taking some time out of your day talk to me. Firstly, congratulation on your selection, how do you feel?
Thanks, to be honest I’m over the moon with it, I couldn’t be happier right now, to get selected for the DSFL is a dream come true.

I’m sure it is, are you happy with your selection?
Yes, being selected by the Portland Pythons I think will be a really good fit. During the scouting phase, the conversation I had with the team were positive and they defiantly have the same mentality & goals as I have. I’m sure we will be a good fit for each other.

That’s good to hear, what is your biggest fear for the season?
Ohh,, umm…. I would say the step up in ability among all the player, now its not really a fear as such but something that I’m worried about. Though, that ill also be my biggest driver for improvement, if I want to reach the top of the ISFL, I need to put the hard yards in early.

Thanks, last Question, is there anything you’d like to say to your new team?
Yes, I can’t wait to become part of the Python family, grafted, and earn those wins.

So, there you have it, that’s an insight into one of the brightest prospects of the DSFL this year. I don’t know about you, but I look forward to seeing how his career progress in the DSFL and ISFL. I’ll have a catch up with Mark later on in the season to continue a valuable and unique insight into the career of an DSFL / ISFL Pro. 

Thank you all for reading,
CptGoosar.

(789 Words)
(Ready for grading.)