International Simulation Football League
Player Physcial - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+----- Forum: Archived Suggestions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=349)
+----- Thread: Player Physcial (/showthread.php?tid=3371)

Pages: 1 2

Player Physcial - tlk742 - 08-16-2017

In the NFL a lot of trades are contingent on the player passing a physical/being in shape. The NSFL needs something like that, a way to check that a player is active if they plan on getting an active player. For example, a 24hr period where a player must respond to a pm from the new GM. Granted I am not a GM and I don't know if the GMs in trades did know that player was inactive upon receiving them, but it seems like an issue where teams in need of good players oversell virtual cadavers for active players without the other GM knowing.

Player Physcial - kckolbe - 08-16-2017

I definitely like the idea of it, as it would simulate another aspect of NFL transactions. Is the intent to be able to give players the ability to fail a physical, thereby voiding a trade?

Player Physcial - Sweetwater - 08-16-2017

(08-16-2017, 02:26 PM)kckolbe Wrote:I definitely like the idea of it, as it would simulate another aspect of NFL transactions.  Is the intent to be able to give players the ability to fail a physical, thereby voiding a trade?

Seems like it. A player's value drops exponentially if they're not active.

Player Physcial - Bzerkap - 08-16-2017

(08-16-2017, 01:21 PM)tlk742 Wrote:In the NFL a lot of trades are contingent on the player passing a physical/being in shape.  The NSFL needs something like that, a way to check that a player is active if they plan on getting an active player.  For example, a 24hr period where a player must respond to a pm from the new GM.  Granted I am not a GM and I don't know if the GMs in trades did know that  player was inactive upon receiving them, but it seems like an issue where teams in need of good players oversell virtual cadavers for active players without the other GM knowing.
Most GMs talk about it and everyone can see when people last logged on and when they last posted.

Player Physcial - kckolbe - 08-16-2017

(08-16-2017, 12:32 PM)Sweetwater Wrote:Seems like it. A player's value drops exponentially if they're not active.

I worry that this could be exploited if a player didn't want to be traded. Maybe instead of allowing the player to control it, GMs would just have to state that a physical had been passed, by which I mean they would verify that a player had updated within the last two weeks.

(08-16-2017, 02:35 PM)Bzerkap Wrote:Most GMs talk about it and everyone can see when people last logged on and when they last posted.
Sure but what about if a player is thinking about switching positions or retiring?

(08-16-2017, 01:47 PM)tlk742 Wrote:Sure but what about if a player is thinking about switching positions or retiring?
Personally I'm very honest about things like that. If someone asks if a player is active I try to tell the truth as I see it. There is definitely room for exploitation though. I guess Matthew Peterson is an example. Not saying you exploited anything @RavensFanFromOntario. Just saying some people perceive it that way and so probably brought about this discussion

Player Physcial - Admin - 08-16-2017

This is not something I would want added on for every trade. If a GM is unsure if someone they have ways to make it work. They could get permission to talk to the player before accepting the trade, they could add a conditional to the trade that states the player must update before a certain date or the trade is nullified, there are things GMs could do when they aren't sure. In the end it's the GMs responsibility to be aware of what they are doing for their organization.

(08-16-2017, 02:53 PM)Bzerkap Wrote:Personally I'm very honest about things like that. If someone asks if a player is active I try to tell the truth as I see it. There is definitely room for exploitation though. I guess Matthew Peterson is an example. Not saying you exploited anything @RavensFanFromOntario. Just saying some people perceive it that way and so probably brought about this discussion
not implying exploitation at all. Sorry if it came across that way, but I think everyone save the player was blindsided and had this been known a different trade may have been made.

(08-16-2017, 02:03 PM)tlk742 Wrote:not implying exploitation at all.  Sorry if it came across that way, but I think everyone save the player was blindsided and had this been known a different trade may have been made.
Yea I'm not accusing you it's just an example I thought of.

I agree