International Simulation Football League
*Mendoza's Career at CB - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Mendoza's Career at CB (/showthread.php?tid=33824)

*Mendoza's Career at CB - iStegosauruz - 07-18-2021

I don't expect/think anyone should read this - its more of a history piece for me to find later and see where Mendoza is still on the leaderboards, etc. Went really deep on some irrelevant stats - like who cares about 2 forced fumbles - but I just want to see how long some randomly low achievements stand. 

Mendoza was created on February 17th, 2020 while I was sitting in the Atlanta airport waiting to fly to Chicago for work. At the time I went through the various positions and counted how many new creates there were at each of them. Corner had some of the least at that point in the S22 creation cycle and so I created as a corner to hopefully fill a need for a team. I proceeded to immediately go inactive.

A few weeks later - March 6th - I finally checked my email and saw that I had a message on the forums. It was from Gucci with an invite to the Dallas Locker Room. I joined and the rest is all irrelevant history.

The bigger point is that I was always open to position switching. It never came up during my initial tour in Dallas because we actually needed a corner. After I was selected by Austin in the draft it wasn’t relevant then because they needed a corner of the future to pair with Dermot and I had no use position swapping because I had been drafted with exactly 200 TPE. Every season after that it was always on the table, primarily dependent on whether we attracted any free agent or drafted a stud rookie that would necessitate me swapping since I had no real issue doing it.

After landing in New York it became a moot point again. The trade that sent me to New York also saw Tommage McGullager head home to Austin so there was an immediate need at corner. It was always on the table for me to switch - we courted Kotasa (Rich Triplet) in free agency before he signed with Arizona and explored trades for every corner that came on the market but it never ended up being in the cards.

From my first season in the ISFL - S23 - to S28, Mendoza was mostly a bum. He was nominated for Corner of the Year a few times but never won it. It was always one of those situations where he was high enough TPE to put up the bare minimum stats expected of someone with that level of TPE but never was an overperformer which is what you need to be to win the award. In S27 there was a period of the year where I thought he might win it. He had the league lead in interceptions and was towards the top in PDs all season but fell off during the last few games. He finished fourth in PDs and second in INTs.

In S29 Mendoza actually broke out and won the award. The voting ended up not being nearly as close as I expected it to be - not saying I expected to run away with it but rather I didn’t think it was a guarantee I won it. He was third in the league in PDs - only 7 behind the leader - but was tied for fourth in interceptions - 3 behind the leader. I guess it was the absurd 5/4 FF/FR recovery line that won it for him.

After winning the award I was actually excited to play corner for another year. I was going to have another season at close to max build before regression finally came and wrecked me so I wanted to take advantage of it. Go figure that the season I decide I wanted to stay at corner is the season we manage to sign a big name corner in free agency - Lesean Paris Crooks - and I get moved to defensive tackle. In testing for the first few games of the season there are games where I don’t even show up on the stats sheet which is a big change from last season but is a sacrifice I’m happy to make if we can run it back again and win a second Ultimus.

This piece is partially for media money because BigRed and I are engaged in a constant battle to stay in the top 5 of the richest users and I know double graphics will come sooner rather than later but also is to serve as a nice history piece for me to look back on before more people wreck Mendoza’s placements on the corner leaderboards because the new sim is crazy for DB stats.

At the end of his career as a corner Mendoza has:

Career Achievements:
2 Ultimus Appearances - S23 and S29
1 Ultimus Win - S29
58 Regular Season Wins
54 Regular Season Losses
5-2 Playoff Record
736 Tackles - Tied 55th All Time
147 PDs - Tied 20th All Time
21 INTs - Tied 42nd All Time
2 Defensive TDs - Tied 73rd All Time
7 Forced Fumbles - Tied 88th All Time
6 Fumble Recoveries - Tied 32nd All Time

Best Season Achievements:
119 Tackles (S24) - Tied 119th All Time
33 PDs (S29) - Tied 9th  All Time
6 INTs (S27) - Tied 28th All Time
5 Forced Fumbles (S29) - Tied 7th All Time
4 Fumble Recoveries (S29) - Tied 3rd  All Time

Best Game Achievements:
7 PDs (S29W3) - Tied 5th  All Time
2 Forced Fumbles (S29W15) - Tied 2nd All Time

Career Postseason Achievements:
10 PDs - Tied 25th All Time
3 INTs - Tied 10th All Time
2 Defensive TDs - 1st All Time

Single Season Postseason Achievements:
2 Defensive TDs (S29) - 1st All Time
2 INTs (S29) - Tied 4th All Time

Career Franchise Records:
434 Tackles (AUS) - 8th All Time
302 Tackles (NYS) - 3rd All Time
56 PDs (AUS) - 6th All Time
91 PDs (NYS) - 1st All Time
8 INTs (AUS) - Tied 7th All Time
13 INTs (NYS) - 2nd All Time
2 Defensive TDs (NYS) - Tied 2nd All Time
7 Forced Fumbles (NYS) - Tied 3rd All Time
5 Fumble Recoveries (NYS) - 1st All Time

Season Franchise Records:
119 Tackles (S24 - AUS) - 9th All Time
113 Tackles (S25 and S26 - AUS) - Tied 10th All Time
107 Tackles (S28 - NYS) - Tied 8th All Time
19 PDs (S26 - AUS) - Tied 7th All Time
33 PDs (S29 - NYS) - 1st All Time
32 PDs (S27 - NYS) - 2nd All Time
26 PDs (S28 - NYS) - 3rd All Time
6 INTs (S27 - NYS) - 2nd All Time
4 INTs (S29 - NYS) - Tied 3rd All Time
5 Forced Fumbles (S29 - NYS) - Tied 1st All Time
4 Fumble Recoveries (S29 - NYS) 1st All Time

Game Franchise Records:
15 Tackles (S26W2 - AUS) - Tied 4th All Time
2 INTs (S25W8 and S26W14 - AUS) - Tied 1st All Time
7 PDs (S29W3 - NYS) - 1st All Time
5 PDs (S27W3 - NYS) - Tied 2nd All Time
2 Forced Fumbles (S29W15 - NYS) - Tied 1st All Time

Career Postseason Franchise Records:
5 PDs (AUS) - 6th All Time
5 PDs (NYS) - 2nd All Time
27 Tackles (NYS) - 2nd All Time
2 INTs (NYS) - 1st All Time
2 Defensive TDs (NYS) - 1st All Time
2 Forced Fumbles (NYS) - 1st All Time
2 Fumble Recoveries (NYS) - 1st All Time

Conclusion: Mendoza still a bum, just a bum at a different position now.

RE: Mendoza's Career at CB - zaynzk - 07-18-2021

False Mendoza swapped cause he ate too many Pizza’s after the Ultimus and was too large to play CB smh

RE: Mendoza's Career at CB - Air Crou - 07-18-2021

Two people I am proud of drafting are @qWest and @Jo3fish5. One pick I am proud I drafted away was the pick you were selected on. Happy to see you where you are at lad. And Mendoza is indeed a bum. But a bum with a ring. Wear it on the middle finger and never hesitate to show it off!

RE: *Mendoza's Career at CB - PMoney - 07-19-2021

(07-18-2021, 01:45 PM)iStegosauruz Wrote: In testing for the first few games of the season there are games where I don’t even show up on the stats sheet which is a big change from last season 
Welcome to the DT life