International Simulation Football League
*Damien Kroetch: Out of nowhere - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Damien Kroetch: Out of nowhere (/showthread.php?tid=3383)

Pages: 1 2

*Damien Kroetch: Out of nowhere - bovovovo - 08-16-2017

Last week on the NSFL Network Insider Program, we talked about rookie wide receiver sensation and co-gm Fox North and his rise to stardom and receiving dominance. This week, we talk about the not-technically-a-household-name-quite-yet-but-will-probably-become-one-soon Philadelphia Liberty rookie wide receiver Damien Kroetch, who is second among all rookie wide receivers in the NSFL in receiving yards behind Fox North.

Damien Kroetch was drafted by the Philadelphia Liberty as the 2nd pick in round 7 of the S2 NSFL draft, almost exactly in the middle as the 51st overall pick. While picked relatively late in the draft, the Liberty obviously had faith in Kroetch, picking him over fellow rookie wide receivers Matthew Vincent (who was drafted 52nd overall), Darren Smallwood (drafted 53rd overall), and Johnny Rocket (56th overall). Liberty’s faith in the 6 foot 2, 190 pound rookie out of Notre Dame was not without fruit, as Kroetch (at the time of this writing) leads all S2 rookie wide receivers in receiving yards excluding fellow Liberty wide receiver rookie Fox North, whom we at NSFL Network covered last week. Kroetch was the 5th wide receiver taken in the S2 draft, but is second in receiving yards among them with 456 yards, 36 receptions, and 2 touchdowns at the time of this writing

The two wide receivers Fox North and Damien Kroetch complement each other well, but also have similar strengths in their abilities to stretch the field. While Fox North is an esteemed route runner who has emphasized having good catching ability, Damien Kroetch is more of a speedster. Despite these superficial differences, Damien Kroetch appears to be mirroring Fox North’s development to some degree, and the two are radically similar in skills other than the fact that Fox North has more overall TPE.

Despite the very slow start to the season (which can be expected from an expansion team that sought to acquire talent via the old- fashioned way… through the draft), lately Kroetch and the rest of the Liberty offense have stepped in up, having back to back wins against the Yellowknife Wraiths and fellow expansion team the Las Vegas Legion.

Yesterday, we sat down Damien Kroetch just inside the Vancouver International Airport (Damien Kroetch’s hometown is Vancouver, British Columbia) to provide you with this all- exclusive NSFL Network interview!

Q: Realistically, how well did you think you would perform this year as a rookie? Right now you are second out of all rookie wide receivers in receiving yards.
Damien Kroetch: “I was thinking I would have a good season. I have a good team around me and they support my play. I owe my success to my team and coach as they have taught me how to be successful.”

Q: What was your reaction to being drafted by the Philadelphia Liberty?
Damien Kroetch: “I was excited and happy for sure I mean to be drafted when there is an array of talent is quite exciting. I knew I was going to have to work hard and prove I was worth the pick.”

Q: You got drafted in the 7th round. Did you feel disrespected or disappointed at all? Where do you think you should have been picked?
Damien Kroetch: “Not at all I feel like the seventh round is where I should have ended up. There was so much talent on the board so seventh was good in my opinion. Also it takes so much pressure off my shoulders. I can basically just do my thing and it will eventually pay off and I will become a steal.”

Q: What do you think has contributed the most to your success so far this rookie season?
Damien Kroetch: “My team around me has given me the chance to succeed the management drafted very well and it’s why I feel comfortable we are going to dominate very soon.”

Q: What do you think of your Liberty teammates? How’s the locker room? Any specific teammates that you look up to or consider a mentor?
Damien Kroetch: “They are fantastic! Always giving me tips on what I should do as a player also some jokes in the locker room as well. I look up to Fox North of course, guy is the number one wide receiver on philly so he mentors me for sure. Damien Kroetch smiles to himself warmly I am mostly in the locker room in the moment I need to spread it out on the site more that’s for sure.”

Q: Are there any other specific Liberty rookies that you think are especially impressive?
Damien Kroetch: “My teammate Fox North has been going in this season respectively I believe he is also a S2 rookie. He has been working very hard this season to improve and help our team and it’s been great.”

Q: What advice would you give the S3 Prospects? Specifically the wide receivers?
Damien Kroetch: “No matter when or where you are drafted, prove the whole league wrong. Prove that being a late round pick does not matter in this league. Work hard for your team and they will appreciate you for sure. At this point Damien Kroetch leans in and whispers… To every wide receiver out there… hands boys hands… I got none but that’s just me.”

So there you have it. Damien Kroetch seems to be an easy going but hard working player, who rarely wanders out of the Philadelphia Liberty locker room. While he hasn’t been blowing it up relative to other more established wide receivers in the league, we here at the NSFL Network believe whole heartedly that Damien Kroetch has what it takes to become a premier wide receiver in this league. Keep your eyes peeled on this rookie wide receiver. While his teammate Fox North attracts most of the stand-out-wide-receiver-rookie-buzz, Damien Kroetch has almost literally come out of nowhere to become a staple on his team, and given another season or two will likely become a dominant player in the NSFL.

@Damienj10

(1000 words, Requested Article Bonus $600,000 + $250,000 for interview, ready to be graded)

GRADED

*Damien Kroetch: Out of nowhere - Damienj10 - 08-17-2017

Thanks for taking your time to write this beaut Smile

*Damien Kroetch: Out of nowhere - 124715 - 08-17-2017

Nice article!

*Damien Kroetch: Out of nowhere - sapp2013 - 08-17-2017

Hi, my name is Matthew Vincent, and I am a rookie with more receiving yards and more yards per game than kroetch. :ninja:

Ugh. This must be from week 8, therefore true. My bad. Idk how to do strikethrough.

*Damien Kroetch: Out of nowhere - TheWoZy - 08-17-2017

(08-17-2017, 08:33 AM)sapp2013 Wrote:Hi, my name is Matthew Vincent, and I am a rookie with more receiving yards and more yards per game than kroetch.  :ninja:

Ugh. This must be from week 8, therefore true. My bad. Idk how to do strikethrough.

He joined the league 2 days before the draft.

(08-17-2017, 08:01 AM)TheWoZy Wrote:He joined the league 2 days before the draft.

And?

*Damien Kroetch: Out of nowhere - TheWoZy - 08-17-2017

(08-17-2017, 09:03 AM)sapp2013 Wrote:And?

You have more experience, he's a newbie.

(08-17-2017, 08:13 AM)TheWoZy Wrote:You have more experience, he's a newbie.

Oh sorry. Didn't see that. I guess you cannot say that garden or stormblessed is better than me because I am newer than them.

Let me explain my thought process in my post so you can understand it. Article: "2nd most receiving yards for a rookie." Me: oh that's wrong. I have more than him. Let me let them know so they get it correct. Later in same Article: "at the moment of this writing" me: dang, how long ago was that? *does math* oh, it was week 8. Better edit so people know that I realized my error.

And now we are arguing over me realize my error before you even posted, yet you bringing up a point that doesn't matter. Bye.

All arguing aside, kroetch has been phenomenal this season. Like I've been saying since the draft, the 3 wr grouped together (kroetch, Vincent, smallwood) will be fun to watch as the develop.

*Damien Kroetch: Out of nowhere - bovovovo - 08-17-2017

(08-17-2017, 08:33 AM)sapp2013 Wrote:Hi, my name is Matthew Vincent, and I am a rookie with more receiving yards and more yards per game than kroetch.  :ninja:

Yeah this was as of week 8... the article was requested last Saturday(?) I believe and I just took my sweet time writing it Tongue