International Simulation Football League
*ISFL Season 30 (Austin Copperheads) Game Breakdowns - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *ISFL Season 30 (Austin Copperheads) Game Breakdowns (/showthread.php?tid=33895)

*ISFL Season 30 (Austin Copperheads) Game Breakdowns - oji3001 - 07-23-2021

ISFL Season 30 (Austin Copperheads) Game Breakdowns

Welcome to the opening game of the 30th ISFL Season. Todays game features the Austin Copperheads visiting the San Jose Sabercats. Both sides had tough seasons last year with Austin having a 5-10-1 record to San Jose’s 6-9-1. Last years game in San Jose resulted in a tied game, with both sides struggling, before later in the season when San Jose visited Austin and were beaten convincingly 62-27, largely thanks to a massive game from Jim the Vampire rushing for 3 TDs, and Jackie Daytona throwing 4 TDs, with Videl-San catching 2 of them.
Both sides have had the usual turnover of players with some new players in tow. Will we see any differences in the results and performances.

Pre match interview with Defensive Tackle Owen Isaac

Interviewer: So, the new season is about to begin first week up is a game against the San Jose SaberCats, first up we want to congratulate you on your Pro Bowl appearance, how did that feel after a tough season last year?
Owen Isaac: Thanks, yeah I was surprised man, I really didn’t expect the nomination. Look since I converted to DT and came up to the DSFL I know I have maybe struggled at time with the middle, and things like this show that the work I am putting in is worth it. Look I am playing alongside some absolute STUDS on defence and I know that just being around these guys makes me a better player, and I just hope I can keep improving and push this side to get better and get the results.

Interviewer: You open the season away to the San Jose Sabercats, How exciting is it to get started? And what is the goal this season?
Owen Isaac: Its always a great feeling on game day 1, you can look ahead to the season and be optimistic, it always goes that way, we all want to win at the end of the day, and at this stage it’s a blank slate, anyone can win it, so why not us. We know we haven’t been getting the results our play deserves and we the players have to do something about that and it starts today.
Interviewer: Thanks for answering the questions today

Week 1 – @ San Jose SaberCats

1st Quarter
Austin put together a very strong start to the game going up 17-0 in the 1st quarter, thanks to a Videl-San receiving TD and a rushing TD from Zoe Watts. As well as a nice opening day field goal for rookie kicker Jean-Jacques Leroy.
If we now look at the opening drive and TD, Zoe Watts starts it off with a fantastic 36 yard KO return to setup field position at the Austin 38. With a big 3rd and 8 on the opening play Daytona finds an 8 yard pass out wide to the ever reliable Videl-San who forces his way over the line for a 14 yard completion. A few phases later and Austin are again on a 3rd down this time with 9 yards to go at the San Jose 31 yard line. Videl-San is covered tightly so Daytona looks and sees Jim the Vampire have a yard of space just inside the numbers. He catches it at the 25 yard line and makes a further 8 yards on the play to setup a 1st and 10 at the 17. Daytona sets up and again find Jim the Vampire who had nicely peeled away from the block and found himself in nice space for a strong 8 yard gain. After a another completion we setup a 1st and Goal on the 5 yard line. Videl-San manages to completely lose his man on this play giving Daytona a comfortable completion for the TD. Fantastic opening drive to the game giving Austin the lead.
Later in the Quarter thanks to some good defence Austin get a strong start from the halfway line. A couple of pass completions setups a 2nd and 4 from the San Jose 34. Daytona hands the ball off to Zoe Watts who takes it to the outside of the defensive line, before taking a fantastic cut back inside beating 5 defenders on route for a 34 yard rushing TD. Absolutely fantastic play, what we expect form a player of Zoe Watts quality. 

2nd Quarter
The second quarter starts with a TD for San Jose, who hope this can spark the team into a comeback. One of the bigger plays of the game came following a big sack on Daytona leading to a 3rd and 20 from the Austin 24. A big chance here for San Jose to wrestle momentum in the game with a big stop deep in Austin territory. Daytona drops back from the pocket to try and give the receivers time to get open, a lovely double move from Vequain leaves him with clear grass and Daytona drops the ball on the money for a huge 33 yard completion. The following play is a defensive PI giving Austin a chance with a 1st down at the San Jose 36. Daytona again drops back opting not to hand off to Zoe Watts this time from a similar position, Watts puts her head down and ends up in space, Daytona drops the ball in the bucket give Watts a 36 yard receiving TD to go with the rushing TD in the first quarter. Both sides trade TDs following this with Daytona rushing a TD of his own into the endzone.

3rd Quarter
The 3rd quarter is fairly quiet with Austin starting it with a 31-14 lead. 4 sacks were recorded in the quarter with Brach Thomaslacher managing to sack the San Jose QB, Jack 3 times, (one of these does get harshly ruled out for a “Facemask” from Smith IV), sadly this didn’t prevent them from managing to get a TD and closing the gap to just 10 points.

4th Quarter
San Jose start the quarter with the ball and manage to get a field goal making it a 1 score game and threatening a big comeback. Daytona leads the side down for a big 6 minute drive and a TD, 3 particular plays stand out on the drive. A 3rd and 10 on the Austin 37. Daytona drops back and threads a ball through to find the hands of Cowabunga for a 27 yard completion. This is backed up a couple plays later when Daytona finds Doug Howlett on a 2nd and 14, once again a catch in a tight window allowing a good completion. The next play Daytona had to take a sack to setup a 2nd and 21. Videl-San take a catch at the 24 yard line and finds open green space in front and runs the ball in for his 2nd TD of the game, on a 32 yard reception. San Jose keep plugging and manage to get a defensive TD with an interception off of a Daytona pass. The game manages to peter out from here giving Austin a big game 1 victory to start the season.

Post match interviews

Interviewer: I’m here with a few of the Austin Copperheads players after that dramatic game. First question is for Zoe Watts, you have come away from today with a big showing, managing 108 yards and a TD rushing as well as getting a 40 yards and TD receiving.  Must be nice to start the season not only with a win but managing to get off to a strong start yourself with the pass and rush game?
Zoe Watts: Yeah it feels good to step out onto the field and have an impact in the first game of the season. There are always areas I can improve but I think I put up some solid numbers tonight and hope to keep that up as we work our way through the schedule. Definitely helps to have guys like Videl and Daytona adding to the point count, and our amazing defence keeping us in the game and giving us that extra edge with some picks.

Interviewer: Welcome in Jackie, 1 game down and a win to go with it. You walked away with the Offensive player of the game award today, after throwing 338 yards, 3 TDs 1 interception and also getting in with 1 rushing TD, the first of your ISFL career I believe, congrats. You ended up with some very clutch passing today with some big 3rd down completions, is this something that you felt has needed work on from previous years?
Jackie Daytona: I have been working hard all off season and am in the best shape of my life, i am throwing hard, further and more accurately and have become something of an athlete on the ground and this game really showed the results of all this hard work. What is more I have a great group of receiving options and an offensive line that seems to be bigger and stronger than ever. Mark my words, this game is just the beginning of what we can do.

Interviewer: Well that’s Game week 1 down for the Austin Copperheads, they began with a victory over the San Jose SaberCats, next up Austin are on the road again travelling to the Chicago Butchers who defeated Philadelphia Liberty at home. Same time next week.

(1560 words)

RE: ISFL Season 30 (Austin Copperheads) Game Breakdowns - Mooty99 - 07-23-2021

Sneks on the march! AUS AUS AUS AUS AUS AUS