International Simulation Football League
*An Apology to GMs - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *An Apology to GMs (/showthread.php?tid=33920)

*An Apology to GMs - kingtag1999 - 07-25-2021

I want to preface this by stating this is not being written to bash any GMs, though I will be talking about them. So, GM's, once again, this is not to bash you.
So, a few weeks back, I was told by Frick, the GM of Baltimore, that teams did not want to trade for me because I am too political. Now, while I was angry at first, I can see why they were hesitant.
I am political, there's no going around that, and it is very hard for me to stay apolitical. I like to speak my mind and speak out against what I call injustices, as should we all. However, there is a fine line between calling out indifferences and posting content that is ripe with misinformation. Now, not all the posts I link in the Royals LR are misinformative. I posted an article about Bill Cosby's release from prison, noticed how unfair it was to all of the victims that he sexually abused, and then left it at that. However, we have a lot of GMs from other teams in our public chat channel, which is where I posted it. In addition to all my other articles that I posted, primarily from the New York Post, most GMs felt that I was untradeable. Which is completely understandable. I know for sure the Second Line was interested in trading for me. However, they pulled their offer after seeing my posts. Mithrandir, I understand why you did so. What I don't quite understand is why my political views influenced your decision. If any GMs want to, they can feel free to let me know either in the comments down below or in my DMs on Discord. I hardly ever check my inbox here on the forums, so that's not the best place to get in touch with me. Again, I understand how you would all feel that way, but not sure why my political views factored into it.
I also wanted to thank @Luciddreams702 for being so lenient with me in regards to my views. You're awesome man. I do recognize my effect on others however, which is why I'm no longer posting any political content in general or private chats on Discord. I preach equality for all. I am bisexual and disabled. I've dealt with prejudice my entire life, due to my autism and being mildly mentally challenged, so for me to post what I did was highly hypocritical of me, and it should never have been done.
Image is a hard thing to overcome, as was the case with Jiggly. I don't really care so much what people think of me like Jiggly does (I know who I am), but I also do understand why people could see my views as being toxic.
Again, this is not to bash any GMs, I just wanted to post my thoughts on the matter. I am deeply sorry that I posted that content and offended others. I know it will take quite a bit to fix my image in the eyes of both the community and other General Managers, but hopefully I can win back ya'lls trust.

RE: An Apology to GMs - Opera_Phantom - 07-25-2021

GMs have traded for way worse people than someone who has a strong political presence.

If you feel like your attitude here should change, you can go ahead and do it.

RE: An Apology to GMs - Crunk - 07-25-2021

To clarify something, and I am pretty sure that others will agree with me on this, the Cosby post in itself wasn't really an issue. You said absolutely nothing objectionable there. You were shut down fast because of the fear of what could follow it based on your political post history.

If this is a change you feel you need to make, go for it.

Sincerely,

The GM of another team

RE: An Apology to GMs - Jo3fish5 - 07-25-2021

f I S h e

RE: An Apology to GMs - mithrandir - 07-25-2021

Hi Kingtag. I think you got me confused with someone else. I'm not in the London or Baltimore locker rooms, and our decision not to trade for your player had nothing to do with anything political posted in any locker room. I wish you the best with the rest of your career!

RE: An Apology to GMs - kingtag1999 - 07-25-2021

(07-25-2021, 08:49 PM)mithrandir Wrote: Hi Kingtag. I think you got me confused with someone else. I'm not in the London or Baltimore locker rooms, and our decision not to trade for your player had nothing to do with anything political posted in any locker room. I wish you the best with the rest of your career!
Ah, no worries. I'm just going off of what Frick told me. No sweat tho. Smile

RE: An Apology to GMs - 37thchamber - 07-26-2021

"Too political"....?

Fam I'm a Marxist-Leninist with probably the most anti-imperialist, anti-capitalist stance on this entire site. So... Unless your political views advocate genocide or some other such fucked up shit, I don't think that's really a problem.

Also if someone "isn't political", what that really means is that they're privileged enough to not have to worry about the things that affect other people's lives. It's not a good thing imo.