International Simulation Football League
*OMPB: Pancakes No More :( - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *OMPB: Pancakes No More :( (/showthread.php?tid=33983)

*OMPB: Pancakes No More :( - Dextaria - 07-28-2021

[Image: S4Pu7Mg.jpg]

Since we last caught up with up-and-coming OL Beniri T’Chawama, he was playing for the Minnesota Grey Ducks before his DSFL draft. It was pancakes all day and pancakes all night, but now the young rookie finds himself on a new team, the Dallas Birddogs, running like a mad man??? It has definitely been a change of scenery as of late for T’Chawama and let’s walk through the path that took him to where he is now.

[Image: RiZyA1O.jpg]

Trade Deadline Claim to the Minnesota Grey Ducks
Shortly after Beniri T’Chawama announced his entry in the S30 DSFL Entry Draft (S31 ISFL Entry Draft), the Minnesota Grey Ducks saw the large player and took the chance to bring him on the team. I mean, he had to be better than the likes of some “BOTS” on the team? Well, Beniri was happy to have been warmly welcomed to the team and learned quite a bit about the DSFL, ISFL, and football during his time there. If I am reading the stats correctly (my apologies if I haven’t because I don’t know how to work the index), Beniri T’Chawama played 4 games with the Grey Ducks before the S29 Ultimini Playoffs and got himself 6 pancakes with no sacks allowed. Oh boy, does Beniri love his pancakes and he was definitely happy with the 6 in 4 games.

Speaking for myself as a user, what I saw in the Minnesota locker room was amazing. I was invited to a few other locker rooms as well when I was being scouted, but something about the Minnesota locker room kept me coming back. At first, I was a little hesitant to be a part of a new group of guys, especially one with just a few people I recognize, but the sense of community, the welcoming atmosphere from people I just met a couple days ago, they really made me feel like I was a Grey Duck and I really appreciate this positive warm welcome to a new sim league. I had a blast with everyone I met and I love stopping by their locker room every so often now. They’re always gonna be remembered as my first home in the ISFL even though our time together was short!

[Image: vUqb7XL.jpg]

Your Minnesota Grey Ducks are S29 Ultimini Champions!
As you all may have already heard, the Minnesota Grey Ducks are the S29 Ultimini Champions! It has been a long drought since their last two cups (bowls?), but your Minnesota Grey Ducks and waiver claim Beniri T’Chawama have received the ultimate prize in the DSFL. The team came into the playoffs hot with a 3 game win streak and the best record in the league at 10-4-0. Their points for and points against difference was a league leading +121. The next closest team was a +95. They were the front runners heading into the playoffs and they delivered.

There were only 2 games played, but in both games the GMs and players put in a lot of effort to prepare. In the first game against the 2nd place team in the north division, the Kansas City Coyotes, the Minnesota Grey Ducks won 40-20. They gave up an early touchdown, but from there they didn’t look back on their lead in the game. In that game, Beniri T’Chawama had 1 penalty, but had 5 yards and 2 pancakes. Not the best game, but the team got the W!

The Ultimini Cup winning game was an arguably monumental game in the DSFL as the Minnesota Grey Ducks won 40-0 against the Tijuana Luchadores who just beat the top South Division team (the Dallas Birddogs) 26-13. To my knowledge, this is the only time a team has kept the other team at 0 in an Ultimini deciding game. As for Beniri T’Chawama, he was 3rd in the team for pancakes this game with 3 and nothing else to show for. Regardless, it was a great game by the team to take home the coveted prize! Celebrations roared through the locker room and it was an amazing experience for the team. Now, the Minnesota Grey Ducks and Beniri T’Chawama can say they are Ultimini Champions, even before T’Chawama was drafted.

[Image: T174ctO.jpg]

With the 6th Overall Selection, the Dallas Birddogs Draft OL Beniri T’Chawama
Prior to entering the draft, Beniri T’Chawama was scouted by a number of teams except 1 (you know who you are *wink*). It was really nice to talk to the scouts, coGMs, and even the GMs of all the teams and the Minnesota Grey Ducks sent their finest scouts. Being welcomed to a number of locker rooms was quite overwhelming to be honest, and Beniri stayed at his temporary home in Minnesota to process it all for the most part. But also the chance to meet the other prospects was amazing for Beniri.

With that, the draft quickly rolled around and to the surprise of Beniri, he was drafted in the 1st round 6th overall by the Dallas Birddogs! Extremely happy to get a warm welcome from the GMs and teammates, T’Chawama put on his new jersey to meet his new team and his new home for the coming seasons. Although the Birddogs fell to the Luchadores last season in the playoffs, the team is looking strong and Beniri is happy to be on a team with so many familiar faces including his fellow rookies Orpheus Czargyros, Ben LaBaguette, Anthony MacGuire, Sakeem Webb, Eleven Kendrick-Wotts, Ta Falingus, and Mike OxLong. Although the may or may not be the next best players for the Birddogs, one thing that’s for sure is that they certainly are some of the best looking (sunglasses).

Speaking for myself, coming from the SHL and being a J GM there really put me in a different perspective about being drafted again. I really wished that DSFL GMs saw the potentially great locker room guys in the draft and ones that can make a really big impact to the league compared to my player who I knew would struggle with bank and locker room activity due to this being my 2nd league. That’s the beauty of the minor league is that it brings new players into the league and keeps them interested. Now, this is not to say that I would not have done the same if I was a GM, but I still feel like Beniri T’Chawama could have been drafted later for what he brings to the locker room and league overall.

[Image: rCqVLKO.jpg]

Pancakes No More :[
One of the most frequent questions asked during the scouting process is if Beniri T’Chawama is willing to switch positions. After some thought, T’Chawama is always interested in doing what is best for the team, but he’s also extremely hesitant to give up the pancakes he knows and loves. Ultimately, to the teams he said it’s hard to give the pancakes up, but he’ll do it if the team wishes. Some teams recognized that Beniri didn’t want to give up his life as an OL, others understood he’s a team player and planned to switch him. The Dallas Birddogs were the latter.

Soon after the draft Beniri T’Chawama hung up his pancake eating bib to put on some speedy boy cleats. Beniri was swapped to a running back who dangerously moves through the play when a pass option is not available. LIke a man running for his life as a pack of angry wolves chase after him, the swap had a new Beniri T’Chawama on the field. In his first 3 games with the Dallas Birddogs as a RB, the team is 2-1-0. Beniri in particular leads the team in the rushing category (whatever that may be) with 37 attempts, 174 yards, averaging 4.7 yards per attempt. He has 2 touchdowns with a longest run of 18 yards so it’s clear he isn’t doing the heavy lifting… but he still leads the team! Hopefully Beniri T’Chawama continues to get stronger as the team progresses through the season.

Until the next On Nom Pancakes Blog, that’ll be all!

1338 Words, Ready for Grading

RE: *OMPB: Pancakes No More :( - Crodyman - 07-28-2021

runningbacks can have a little pancake or two, as a treat <3