International Simulation Football League
*Songs that Slap, A Jaycee Higgins Playlist Part II - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Songs that Slap, A Jaycee Higgins Playlist Part II (/showthread.php?tid=34046)

*Songs that Slap, A Jaycee Higgins Playlist Part II - Net - 08-02-2021

Welcome back  to the article where I talk about songs that I play on "gameday" or just like listening to, so let's stop wasting time, and get into it!

Song #1: Stay by The Kid LAROI feat. Justin Bieber

I expect a ton of slander for this first choice, it's Justin Bieber, but I gotta give it to him, he helped make this a bop. The Kid Laroi had grown a ton since I first learned about him in January of 2020, and with Stay, he turns from his usual rap style to a pop style song, and the vocals are pretty amazing from the duo, highly recommend.

Song #2: JUGGERNAUT by Tyler, The Creator feat. Lil Uzi Vert & Pharrell Williams

Tyler's new album CALL ME IF YOU GET LOST was an absolute hit, and Juggernaut may arguably be the best song off of the album, with a great intro that transitions into a high 808 based beat. Uzi of course brings his amazing flow and Pharrell brings his musical intelligence along with his relationship with Lil Uzi into the song and this forms Juggernaut, the trio created a Juggernaut with this song, no doubt.

Song #3: No Friends by HappyBirthdayCalvin

Considered "old" by rap song standards, this song debuted January 16th, 2019. It was promoted on SoundCloud's website HEAVY in 2019, and it worked out pretty well, having over 1 million streams in 2021. While Calvin might not have much other success, he created a SoundCloud classic with No Friends. One of my favorite lyrics all-time is, "I ain't got no friends, I got brothers, I ain't leavin" As once said by Dom Toretto, "I don't got friends, I got family." It's something I live by, as I consider myself a loyal person, and you should check it out!

Song #4: Off The Map by SoFaygo

SoFaygo has been one of the best underground artist in the last few months, but lately has come up into the mainstream area of hiphop with his breakout song, "Knock Knock". Off The Map presents a beat that sounds a lot like Playboi Carti, and an artist who sounds like him somewhat in the young SoFaygo. I highly recommend this if you like dubstep/trap music.

Song #5: Nights by Frank Ocean

I know we go from a change from SoundCloud rap to Blonde with Frank Ocean's hit "Nights". I was introduced to this from @FunnyManLuke and Blonded Radio in GTA V, and I'm really glad I was able to give it a listen. The guitar in the beginning is really amazing, and Frank Ocean's vocals throughout the song are pretty cool, can't forget the production either, which was a huge factor in making this 5:07 masterpiece, which changes beats twice throughout the song, most notably going from a rock ending around the 3:29 mark to lofi and adds another layer to Nights. 

Song #6: Black Balloons by Denzel Curry

The Florida Rapper Denzel Curry created a VERY underrated song in Black Balloons, a bom-bap type beat that really just is a great song to chill and relax too. Denzel shows off his versatile skills and proves he is not a pure trap rapper, also to mention the ending sounds like a Roblox lobby + a news report + people trying to solve a mystery that Denzel is the mastermind behind. It's filled with craziness and variety and is a MUST listen.

Song #7: Still Choose You by The Kid LAROI feat. Mustard

Mustard is one of the best producers in rap, and created a great piano beat that features a very catchy and easy to follow flow, with the snap sound too. Laroi brings his 2020 style flow into this song and it really caught my attention a ton, a song that he was using to show his loyalty to his significant other, which for a 17 year old rapper is pretty cool to do I'm not gonna lie. Good for Laroi, and good for Mustard, a great song.

Song #8: Am I Wrong by Anderson .Paak feat. ScHoolboy Q

Am I Wrong brings me back a few years, not like I'm old or anything but back to the mid 2010's and playing some NBA2k or watching the NBA Finals with Bron and Curry going at it. The nostalgia flows and the very energetic and positive Anderson .Paak gifts us an absolute BOP with Am I Wrong. Really enjoyable for any music fan, and has a very cool beat switch that brings ScHoolboy Q's feature into the song, and really helped him fit into the song more. Extremely well produced, and highly recommend for a morning song.

Song #9: Peloton by IDK

A Kanye inspired song, Peloton presents a very lyrical and melodic flow by the Bowie, Maryland native IDK. He talks about a girl he meets and shoots his shot with them. He succeeds and well Peloton was made. Highly recommend, a ton of great lines, and pretty incredible to just play through your headphones. It actually transitions into his next song "Hey Auntie" on his album, so that's pretty cool too!

Song #10: LOVE. by Kendrick Lamar feat. Zacari

After a quick Wikipedia peak, I learned Kendrick made this song for his fiancee Whitney Alford, what a simp (just kidding). The song that peaked at #11 on the Billboard Top 100, LOVE presents a RnB type beat that is really cool to listen to and has peaks and drops at the perfect moments, making this song an absolute gem. Zacari provides great vocals on this too, so if you like melodic rap go check this out!

Well that's all for this week. Thanks for reading!

946 words