International Simulation Football League
*A look at Team Europe - World Football Championship - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *A look at Team Europe - World Football Championship (/showthread.php?tid=34047)

Pages: 1 2

*A look at Team Europe - World Football Championship - Raven - 08-02-2021

Code:
3479 words + 383 words in the gfx's if you want to pay for that aswell. (as its mostly just player names, country, team)

A few weeks ago I wrote an article looking at Team World for the upcoming World Football Championship debut https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=33667. With free transfers currently going on right here https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=33651 rosters are bound to change after this article. With 25 tranfers so far the country rosters have been shaken up a ton so far. Looking back at the roster I made for Team World 4 players have transfered away, while 2 new ones have transfered in. One of the problems with making roster articles so early on while transfers are still in full swing. However that will not stop me to write another one. This time regarding Team Europe. You all should know I love the more obsure things in life, so if I do another one of these it will be on team APAC and then I will move on to the North American teams.

Let's move on to the depth chart shall we.

Quarterbacks

[Image: CqV3JWL.png]

Looking at the Quarterback situation in Team Europe we can see a big headache for GM Icebear. He has 4 great quarterbacks at his disposal. Daytona is the youngest and most all around quarterback on the team. Kaepercolin and Ramza are both a bit older and have weaker footwork and endurance, but still throw like the best of them. O'Donnell is the oldest and with that comes having the weakest arm of them all. Looking at this seasons stats Kaepercolin and Ramza are in a race for the most yards, with Kaepercolin having cracked 2200 yards so far and Ramza not far behind with 2178. Daytona and O'Donnell are within a rockthrow of each other are 1975 and 1970 respectfully. Kaepercolin leads in touchdowns out of the four quarterbacks, but also leads in interceptions. Throwing 15:8 so far this season, Ramza is 14:5, Daytona is 11:3 and O'Donnell is 13:5. Ramza is displaying great accuracy this season finding his mark 71.2% of the times. 195 times on 274 throws. Based on this seasons stats Kaepercolin and Ramza would make for a hell of a 1-2 punch in Reykjavik.

A futher look at this roster reveals an upcoming weakness for Team Europe. 3 out of their 4 Quarterbacks are currently in regression and while Daytona will be great for another few seasons, he is getting up there in age. Without a young player in their depth charts, QB could be a spot of worry soon. Another QB could transfer to Team Europe and be a future QB for them. However any upcoming creates could also take this opportunity to try and become that future #1.

Running backs

[Image: 60hdIre.png]

Team Europe seems be lacking that star Running back, but still features some great players. Anders Christiansen is currently 7th in the overall yards table. With 407 yards a 4.2 yard average per carry and 2 touchdowns to his name. Hayes follows with 322 yards, 4.7 yapc and 1 touchdown. Cue Jr has 252 yards, 3.9 ypac and 2 touchdowns. I imagine Christiansen and Hayes will be brought along as Team Europes runningbacks for this WFC. Jay Cue is young and up coming, so we could see him bursting into the international scene soon enough.

Looking at Full Backs we have two candidates in Buster Bawlls and Ben Alexander-Arnold. So far this season Buster Bawlls has recorded 21 pancakes in 6 GS. Paired with 4 yards on 4 attempts and 49 yards on 13 receptions. BAA has 22 pancakes in 7 GS and has allowed 1 sack. He has 31 yards on 8 attempts for a 3.9 ypac and 16 yards on 4 receptions. Bawlls seems to bring a better blocking stat line, while BAA provides blocking and versitility in rushing/receiving options. I would argue BAA, could bring more to the team here. Although Bawlls is still a solid option.

Running back seems to be a position that is pretty covered for Team Europe. The depth chart features a mix of young and older players. Their two oldest players are their Fullback options, but even they will not be regressing for another season to come. Cue and Holford look like the future pair of Team Europe.

Wide Receivers

[Image: fPIbQ03.png]

As with running back, Team Europe's Wide Receivers are not the top of the line players. Scabbia has the best ability of their receivers, however they will likely be ineligible to play as they currently are considered inactive. Which is a shame as they are Team Europe's current leader in yards,with 629 yards, a 12.3 avg and 4 touchdowns on the season. This is followed up by Joseph Radetzky with 452 yards a 12.6 avg and 4 touchdowns. Jeeta has 300 yards for a 10.7 avg and 4 touchdowns. However Jeeta is also currently considered inactive. It is likely GM Icebear will have to dig into the DSFL to bring some propsects along for the international ride.

The DSFL leader in receiving yards is Ivan Toastovich he currently has 555 yards with is 97 more yards than the number 2 in the league. Paired with a 17.9 yard average and 4 touchdowns. Hobbes follows and has 345 yards, a 15.7 avg and 5 touchdowns. The rookie Hollands has 303 yards, 14.4 avg and 1 touchdown. French Fries has 280 yards, 13.3 avg and 2 touchdowns. Lastly Lux has 22 yards with a 7.3 avg and no touchdowns so far.

If I had to pick right now my three wide receivers would be Radetzky as the big target man. Toastovic and Hobbes are the most experienced dsfl players and are having good seasons, if Scabbia and Jeeta are ineligible, they would be the next best options. Hollands is having a fantastic rookie season in the DSFL and can round out the maximum size of 4 players allowed.

The future for Team Europe looks bright regarding Wide Receivers. Two inactive older players make the current pool look iffy, but their youth players are shaping up nicely. Hobbes, Toastovich, Fries and Hollands look like they will be competing for the #1 spot in the future, very exciting to keep track of that.

Tight End

[Image: k8jLWe9.png]

Tight end is a light position for Team Europe, but brings some options. Looking at overall ability Ragnar Krashwagen and Makoa Mahi'ai stand out the most. The oldest active TE's on the team and leads ahead of the rest. Out of the Tight End options Mahi'ai leads with 300 receiving yards and 8.6 yard average and 4 touchdowns to their name. On the blocking side they have 14 pancakes and 1 sack allowed. Krashwagen leads in pancakes with 19 pancakes and 0 allowed sacks. On the receiving side he has 229 yards for a 8.2 yard average and two touchdowns. Sal Ami sits between these two with 269 yards, a 7.1 avg and 1 touchdown. Blocking they have 10 pancakes and allowed 1 sack. Thomas 'the tank' Engine has barely seen any action this year having 1 reception for 5 yards with 3 pancakes and an allowed sack. Down in the DSFL goodhead has 94 yards for a 7.2 average and 1 touchdown. Round out with 4 pancakes and no sacks allowed.

Ragnar Krashwagen and Mahi'ai seem to be the two Tight Ends to bring along this WFC. Mahi'ai has been slightly better on the receiving end and Krashwagen has been a more reliable blocker.

It looks like Krashwagen and Mahi'ai will be the Tight End leaders for atleast the next two seasons for Team Europe. Sal Ami will overtake Krashwagen in the near future and Goodhead is growing in the DSFL and will become an option to consider in due time.

Offensive Line

[Image: 2R1DQBq.png]

5 human offensive line man means the team is basically completely filled out. Everyone can be brought along for the ride. I am not sure if BOTs are a thing in WFC, so I can't say if that option exists if Icebear doesnt want to bring the IA's along. Taylor Cooper will have to be regressed to 399 tpe if he is picked up.

Jaja Ding Dong would be the teams leader as they currently have 49 pancakes with no sacks allowed. Miglasķēms has 35 pancakes and 0 sack allowed as well. Johnson is playing down in the DSFL and has 16 pancakes with 1 sack allowed. Pope Francis is currently contracted to the Honolulu Hahalua, but has yet to play a game and Cooper is a free agent.

OL is a considering position for Team Europe. Again I am not sure how it works with bot players in the WFC, but if those are not a thing Team Europe will be in for a rough time. Cooper will regress to very low numbers over the next few years. Ding Dong will lead the team for a long time. Francis is very inactive and Miglasķēms is a slow earner. Johnson brings some hope along and looks like he and Ding Dong will become OL leaders.

Defensive End

[Image: isQmZ9e.png]

Like with defensive tackle, defensive end has 3 player slots aviable. Looking at the depth chart and current player ability those three slots seems filled out pretty easily. Jaxon-Waxon leads the group in tackles with 19, 1 tackle for a loss and 2 sacks. Toblerone follows with 17 tackles, 1 forced fumble and 1 fumble recovered and 3 sacks. Jaxson has 15 tackles, 1 tackle for loss, 1 fumble recovered and 6 sacks. Frank has 10 tackles on the season with 2 sacks.

As noted early the top 3 ability players look to be having the best season and seem right to be picked to represent their international team. Depending on which stat you value the most DE1 is up for grabs. Jaxson has an impressive 6 sacks on the season. Jaxon-Waxon has 4 more tackles, but 4 less sacks and Toblerone is kinda in the middle with 2 more tackles, but 3 lesser sacks. I do not want to be GM Icebear in this situation. Ryeu and Low are both free agents.

Ignoring the free agents, DE is a solid position for Team Europe for the next few seasons. Tobleron and Jaxon-Waxon have 1 more season to go before regression and Jaxon has 2. Frank is the youngster among the group having been drafted last season. Team Europe would hope for some youngsters to sign up as DE's for Europe to make sure there is a smooth transition between the currently guard and next generation.

Defensive Tackle

[Image: V25rQlv.png]

One of the lighest positions within Team Europe. With three players in their depth chart this position is their second weakest in quantity. However the rule allow them to bring a max of 3 Defensive Tackles so all three could come along. Patrik Money is their best player on ability alone. Isaac follows behind him and hard working rookie Selich follows. Statwise Money has the slight lead in tackles with 23 tackles, 2 tackles for a loss and 2 sacks. Selich follows with 21 tackles, with 3 tackles for a loss. Finally Isaac has 17 tackles and like Selich has 3 tackles for a loss.

Like mentioned earlier the depth chart covers the maximum allowed of players in this position so everyone is along for the ride. Money likely as the leader, with Selich making a name to be DT2. However stat wise these three players are so close, so the final line up will be interesting.

Patrik Money is a stud, but also one of the older players on the team and will be being hit harder and harder with regression. Isaac is heading towards regression and is not a big improver. Selich is a big improver and comes fresh faced off the ISFL draft. Selich looks like he will be the household DT name for a long time once Money is gone.

Linebacker

[Image: CZQbgId.png]

Looking at this list of linebackers would make anyone rub their hands together. This position features a great list of players, young and old. With 5 slots open to linebackers Team Europe can bring a powerful secondary. Where do we even start here. I think I am just going to post the full stat line per player and you can just look at them side by side.

Kackpoo - 37 tackles - 2 FF - 4 sack - 4 PD
Witheblock - 42 tackles - 1 TFL - 8 sack - 6 PD
Jones - 33 tackles - 2 TFL - 1 FF - 1 FR - 2 sack - 2 PD
Larson - 40 tackle - 1 TFL - 1 sack - 3 PD
de Ville - 39 tackle - 1 TFL - 1 FF - 10 sack, 7 PD
Smart - 38 tackle - 1 TFL - 4 sack - 6 PD
Koniecpolski - 34 tackle - 2 sack - 1 INT - 6 PD
O'Leary ® - 39 tackle - 1 INT, 3 PD
Kaepercolin Jr. - 21 tackle - 1 FR - 3 PD *DSFL

Between Witheblock leading in Tackles, De Ville leading in sacks and defelected passes, Konicpolski and O'Leary having interceptions. There is crazy talent and versatility here. Koniecpolski is currently inactive and couldn't be selected and Kaepercolin Jr. is having a good season, but I think he will have to wait for his time. You are still left with 7 players having great seasons in their own regard. I am not even going to attempt to select which players I think deserve to be selected. Overall I would argue De Ville has to be lock based on his play. He has been crazy so far this season. Witheblock probably behind him. After that, good luck Icebear.

With Kackpoo, Witheblock and De Ville Team Europe has some older Linebackers, but they will continue to be good for a few more seasons. Jones, Larson are kinda in the middle, with regression creeping up, but still earning and becoming better.  Smart O'Leary and Kaepercolin Jr. looking like the future for the team. This position is poised to have a smooth transition. Also let's not talk about how Kaepercolin Jr and Kaepercolin Sr are on the same depth chart right for this season. Kapercolin Sr is 30 years old this season, so doing the math here is just creepy.

Cornerback

[Image: tRj0B5b.png]

What Team Europe lacks in offense they make up for in defense. Previously having looked at the DE and LB position, CB is no exception. 3 slots open and two of those look to be auto filled by Doy Fieri and Jeeeeroy Lenkins just based on ability. Looking at the stats, Fieri is the leader in tackles with 48 tackles, 1 forced fumble and 5 passes defended. Lenkins has 34 tackles, 3 interceptions and 11 passes defended. Soulja has 27 tackles, 1 interception and a whopping 15 passes defended. Down in the DSFL Gibson has 23 tackles, 1 interception, 10 passes defended and a touchdown. Puntky has 6 tackles, 1 sack and 1 pass defended. Finally rookie Holliday has 23 tackles, 2 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovered and 6 passes defended.

Soulja boy is on fire this season an has 15 defended passes. Tied for 4th most in the league. Lenkins already has 3 inteceptions and Fieri brings tackling ability with those 48. These three have to be the picks for Team Europe.

Guy Gibson and Doc Holliday are future players for Team Europe and if they continue to grow will be replacing Doy Fieir and Jeeeeroy Lenkins when their time comes. Both are S25 players and have one more season before regression comes and bonks them.

Safety

[Image: LeJfj53.png]

When I originally made the list, I had left out the latest transfered players and safety was looking like a position of concern. Annie May however has come in as a transfer player and brings some quality ability to the safety position. Annie May has the most tackles under these safeties with a statline of 25 tackles, 3 interceptions and 9 passes defended. Lanier has 11 tackles, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery, 4 sacks, 7 passes defended and a safety. MacAndrew has 20 tackles, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovered, 2 sacks, 1 interception and 2 passes defended. Down in the DSFL CheeseBrand has 18 tackles.

3 slots are open for safeties so in theory with MacAndrew being inactive, Team Europe can bring Annie May, Brendan Lanier and Ripoff CheeseBrand to the finals. Relying on May and Lanier as the FS and SS with Cheesebrand in the wings.

The future in this position is not bright. Only 4 players in this position make it a very light position. The arrival of Annie May has been great for the team. Brendan Lanier and Hamish MacAndrew are both older players deep who are currently regressing. With MacAndrew being an IA he wont last long. Annie May is looking at regression in the near future, but that won't have a huge effect for a few seasons. Ripoff Cheesebrand is the light in the tunnel and if he keeps earning will be a future safety in the team.

Kicker/Punter

[Image: tV2pX6E.png]

The final position on the team and the lightest of them all. Luckily you only need 1 or 2 players in this position. 1 for Kicker, 1 for Punter. Or you can use 1 for both? I dunno. McDairmid is currently inactive, so Kokot might be shoved into both position as he will have to be played for the inactive. Statwise Kokot is 18/18 on extra points, 10/12 on field goals and has a long of 52 yards. He has 32 punts for 1560 yards, 48.8 avg with 14 inside the 20 and a long of 71. McDairmid is 17/17 on extra points, 19/22 on field goals and has banged home a 62 yard screamer. Punt wise he has 1428 yards with an average of 47.6, with 9 inside the 20 and a long of 68.

Depending on rules, Kokot is the kicker and punter for this team. Which is a position he can handle based on the stats. He is the better punter than McDairmid. McDairmid might have the slight end in field goals, but very similair kickers overall.

The future is sketchy. McDairmid is S22 and inactive so will be regressing away. Kokot is slightly younger at S24, but is active so regressing will take longer to kill him off. A future kicker will have to be transfered in or created soon.

Transfers

In:

Brendan Lanier - S22 - S - 646 TPE (Team Southeast United States)
Doy Fieri - S25 - CB - 1212 TPE (Team World)
Demon Jaxson - S26 - DE - 1057 TPE (Team APAC)
Sal Ami - S30 - TE - 325 TPE (Team Atlantic-Midwest United States)
Xmus Flaxon-Jaxon Waxon - S25 - DE - 1170 TPE (Team Southeast United States)
Tim Soulja - S28 - CB - 719 TPE (Team World)
David Frank - S29 - DE - 550 TPE (Team Atlantic-Midwest United States)
Annie May - S25 - S - 1205 TPE (Team Atlantic-Midwest United States)

Out:

N/A

Bloody good transfers so far for Team Europe. Their 2nd and 3rd best defensive end, their best and third best cornerback, their top 2 safeties have all come through transfers. Aswell as a young TE and DE for the future. Team Europe is a team that has been helped out by transfers a ton. With half a season to go till the first World Football Championship. More transfers could come in to bolster the team. On the flip side, transfer outs could also happen.

Country break down

England: 21
Germany: 9
Scotland: 6
Italy: 4
Denmark: 2
Sweden: 2
Latvia :2
France: 2
Ireland: 2
Poland: 2
Portugal: 1
Czechia: 1
Ukraine: 1
Switzerland: 1
Vatican City: 1
Iceland: 1
Greece: 1
The Netherlands: 1
Croatia: 1

Overall thoughts

A few positions are currently a bit dodgy. Quarterback will need a creation now or a transfer to the in the near future when Daytona regresses heavily. Safety, Kicker and Defensive Tackle also needs some love, but I feel are less of an immediate threat. DE, LB, CB and QB are Team Europe's current big weapons. The rest of the offensive might struggle being all a bit younger or lacking in big star players. Future wise LB looks to be on lock, with CB, WR and RB also being strong. On the presumption everyone keeps earning of course.

As I've said this article might be early day and with transfers going on in full force a roster could look very different come the actual World Football Championship. However I am just in love with the WFC really and want to write an think about it as much as I can. So getting these article out early let's me do this. As a european myself I am looking forward to Team Europe's achievements in the tournament. I might even have to start making sure I represent the team with future players.

RE: A look at Team Europe - World Football Championship - Arvot - 08-02-2021

Yo, I'm a safety from Scotland so all hope is not lost.

RE: A look at Team Europe - World Football Championship - Mooty99 - 08-02-2021

Summary, all we need is a WR or 2 and we will be killing it

RE: A look at Team Europe - World Football Championship - Raven - 08-02-2021

(08-02-2021, 08:52 AM)Arvot Wrote: Yo, I'm a safety from Scotland so all hope is not lost.

Excellent! Missed ya with the player page mess up. Bolstering up that safety position, gonna be hard to play against that defense.

(08-02-2021, 09:45 AM)Mooty99 Wrote: Summary, all we need is a WR or 2 and we will be killing it

That's what it comes down to haha. Match that offense with the defense.

RE: A look at Team Europe - World Football Championship - Opera_Phantom - 08-02-2021

Best team.

RE: A look at Team Europe - World Football Championship - Pat - 08-02-2021

Defense looking hot, except for that shitty CB Fieri

RE: A look at Team Europe - World Football Championship - Blasoon - 08-02-2021

(08-02-2021, 09:45 AM)Mooty99 Wrote: Summary, all we need is a WR or 2 and we will be killing it
Sounds like you're going to take one for the team, Mooty. Cheers, lad.

RE: A look at Team Europe - World Football Championship - Matty7478 - 08-02-2021

smh my inactive head amiright boys

RE: A look at Team Europe - World Football Championship - C9Van - 08-02-2021

Damn, hopefully Hungary rejoin Europe so I can play Corner Back for them 1 day.

RE: A look at Team Europe - World Football Championship - Raven - 08-02-2021

(08-02-2021, 01:43 PM)Matty7478 Wrote: smh my inactive head amiright boys

I've revived him lfg

(08-02-2021, 02:55 PM)C9Van Wrote: Damn, hopefully Hungary rejoin Europe so I can play Corner Back for them 1 day.

Or you ask in the Free Transfer thread to put your birthplace as Hungary, so you can play along (: