International Simulation Football League
*S31 Draft Class Review, 6 Weeks In - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *S31 Draft Class Review, 6 Weeks In (/showthread.php?tid=34113)

Pages: 1 2

*S31 Draft Class Review, 6 Weeks In - Net - 08-06-2021

We are officially 6 weeks into our DSFL season, and it's a good time to see how our upcoming prospects are doing. Who is thriving, who isn't, who is a steal or a sleeper prospect? Let's find out!

*Also, if I say your player was a [word] round talent, don't take it personally. This is just off of the TPE tracker and nothing personal. You keep being yourself and don't let this effect how you should be here.

*started this Tuesday, August 3rd, 2021

1OA: Ken Oath, RB, Bondi Beach, 209 TPE

TPE Ranking: 6th
RB Ranking: 2nd

Oath has switched to RB since being drafted, and has lived up to his first round talent, good pick and active! Also is a captain in Bondi Beach to add!

2OA: Sconnie McHits, LB, Norfolk, 158 TPE

TPE Ranking: 23rd
LB Ranking: 5th

I love the user, me and him have our chats and he pms me when I get a TD! I think he is more down on the TPE rankings due to his previous position, but has been max earning. Not a bad pick at all! And he leads DSFL players in tackles and is a captain!

3OA: Anya Mind, LB, London, 182 TPE

TPE Ranking: 18th
LB Ranking: 4th

I haven't had a chance to interact with the user as much, but seems to be active and is one of the most versatile linebackers in the DSFL! TPE ranking has them as a 3rd round talent but it's only a 10-20 TPE difference

4OA: Siaosi Multiauaopele, S, Portland, 129 TPE

TPE Ranking: 36th
S Ranking: 4th

The TPE dips a bit here, Siaosi has been earning a lot, but was a late joiner. They are a 5th round talent to TPE ranking but I think if they joined sooner, which isn't a big issue, would be higher. Still an active player, great user, and has 3 force fumbles already! Portland got a good pick here.

5OA: Tessie Garciaparra, CB, Kansas City, 201 TPE

TPE Ranking: 11th
CB Ranking: 3rd

Reno was the 5th overall pick, and hasn't disappointed at all! As a teammate, been great to interact with, and knowing them from separate leagues helps with this bond. A 2nd round talent from TPE ranking but just barely in this deep class, KC made a good decision, as Garciaparra is helping the best defense in the DSFL. 

6OA: Beniri T’Chawama, RB, Dallas, 222 TPE

TPE Ranking: 2nd
RB Ranking: 1st

Dexteria was taken 6th by Dallas and has been a steal! Since then switching from OL to RB and performing great, solidifying himself as a legit top pick with the 2nd most TPE in the class and being named a captain with it. Amazing pick for Dallas, and got him at a perfect spot.

7OA: Dumais Wells, WR, Tijuana, 143 TPE

TPE Ranking: 28th
WR Ranking: 5th

Wells has been doing task but not updating, so once that next update hits, that ranking is gonna skyrocket! But for now, Wells is ranked as a 4th round talent, but should still be a higher pick. The user is great and has also had a pretty solid year on the field for the Luchadores!

8OA: Morpheus Czargyros, DE, Minnesota, 210 TPE

TPE Ranking: 5th
DE Ranking: 1st

One of the best picks in the first round, Czargyros has been a powerhouse for Minnesota! Tied 1st in sacks with 5 and has helped the Grey Ducks start 6-0. Best DE so far no doubt.

9OA: Kotoni Staggs, WR, Bondi Beach, 228 TPE

TPE Ranking: 1st
WR Ranking: 1st

When Ems slid past the 3rd pick, they were already a steal. Staggs has proven to be the best earner so far and went in the second round. A first overall talent, Bondi Beach got an absolute steal of a pick in Staggs. Why they went second round remains a mystery, but the pick has not disappointed. Staggs is also very productive on the field!

10OA: French Fries, WR, Norfolk, 165 TPE

TPE Ranking: 22nd
WR Ranking: 4th

Fries, originally an o-lineman, switched to receiver in a receiver heavy draft, but has paid off well! Earning good and active for Norfolk, this seems like a good pick! Fries is also top 10 in receiving yards as a rookie so potential candidate for DSFL OROTY?

11OA: Cedric Wilkins II, CB, London, 204 TPE

TPE Ranking: 9th
CB Ranking: 2nd

One of the most accurate picks so far, London got a great pick up with woelkers! Easily could of been 1st round but has landed in an ideal spot 11th overall! Wilkins also has 4 passes defended to add to his resume so far, and more to continue. Nice selection London!

12OA: Jay Spears, S, Portland, 195 TPE

TPE Ranking: 13th
S Ranking: 2nd

Portland booked Spears a ticket after the 12th overall pick, helping a secondary that is young and hungry! So far our most accurate pick, with just 1 slot in between the TPE and actual selection! He was an earlier create in this class, which gave him that slight edge over a ton of players.

13OA: Jaycee Higgins, WR, Kansas City, 192 TPE

TPE Ranking: 14th
WR Ranking: 2nd

Hey that's me! Active, writes some media I guess, I don't know I have a hard time reviewing myself. I got named Offensive Captain and have been putting up some good numbers, tied 1st in TD catches in DSFL. So hey, not a bad pick, and 2nd in WR ranking is nice considering how many WR there are!

14OA: Orpheus Czargyros, LB, Dallas, 202 TPE

TPE Ranking: 10th
LB Ranking: 2nd

The other Czargyros went 6 picks later than the first, and has been pretty solid so far for Dallas! A player who again, could of been 1st round talent, went to Dallas and has been a nice pick up for the Birddogs! So good selection, and good value

15OA: Omni Man, LB, Tijuana, 187 TPE

TPE Ranking: 16th
LB Ranking: 3rd

Another accurate selection based on TPE, Man has helped the Luchadores defense after being their 2nd round selection! Tied 1st in Sacks is also good for the resume and should get some ISFL scouts on notice and get him on their radar! Nice choice for Tijuana for sure.

16OA: Nick Kaepercolin Jr., LB, Minnesota, 167 TPE

TPE Ranking: 20th
LB Ranking: 5th

A later joiner in the class, Kaepercolin Jr has since then transitioned from RB to LB and has been one of the more elite linebackers so far. At the end of the 2nd round with mid 3rd round TPE talent, this wasn't by means a bad pick, more accurate though! So good choice Minnesota.

17OA: Paul Monitor, K/P, Bondi Beach, 133 TPE

TPE Ranking: 33rd
K/P Ranking: 1st

The user I know is a big name here, so Bondi Beach got a good pick despite the TPE ranking. They also have currently the best kicker in the DSFL so hey hats off to them, as they position switched from Wide Receiver.

18OA: Spike Daniels, S, Norfolk, 155 TPE

TPE Ranking: 26th
S Ranking: 3rd

A good pick in the third round for the Seawolves, as Daniels has proven to be a nice selection for them. He's earning at a good rate and will be a nice player in that Seawolf defense for sure!

19OA: Donkey Johnson, TE, London, 96 TPE

TPE Ranking: 42nd
TE Ranking: 4th

We have our first big reach case so far. He has been on the site doing task needed, but when you haven't updated in a minute that ranking will dip a bit. I'm sure it will climb a ton when he updates again but for now, Johnson sits in the later TPE ranking. He has 24 catches so far so a nice 4 receptions a game average!

20OA: Wendell Sailor, QB, Portland, 211 TPE

TPE Ranking: 4th
QB Ranking: 1st

A MASSIVE Steal for Portland in the third round, with simo falling to the 20th pick! He is the backup but getting playing time and when his time comes, will be very ready to perform at a high level. If he continues this activity, we could see one of the best prospects come from this selection here. 

21OA: Kade Carlton, CB, Bondi Beach, 74 TPE

TPE Ranking: 48th
CB Ranking: 7th

For those who may not know @TheManWhoSoldTheWorld, he is my IRL brother. While he hasn't been online or earned recently, I got his back knowing he got some IRL stuff he's gonna do before he comes back. But besides that, he hasn't exactly lived up to his draft position so far. Bondi Beach does get some defensive help however. Also is having a decent year in the sim as well.

22OA: Ben Delabaguette, CB, Dallas, 129 TPE

TPE Ranking: 37th
CB Ranking: 5th

Delabaguette goes 22nd to Dallas, and so far, hasn't been a bad pick. A 3rd round pick who, while his value is 5th round, has been very solid for Dallas, and is earning at a decent rate. He also has 6 passes defended, not too shabby!

23OA: Amari Springer, S, Tijuana, 197 TPE

TPE Ranking: 12th
S Ranking: 1st

Easily one of the top steals in the draft, my boi Dagumpa went in the third round to the Luchadores. He switched from WR to S and it has worked out well, securing him the top spot at that position in the TPE charts. With 2nd round talent going late third, I think Tijuana found a gem here for sure, as I only know this is the start to a fantastic career for Springer. He's been all over the field, with already 23 tackles, a force fumble/recovery, an interception, and pass defended.

24OA: Cal Stevenson, S, Minnesota, 110 TPE

TPE Ranking: 38th
S Ranking: 5th

Stevenson is apart of a bigger TPE gap, with 37th having 19 TPE more than him. He has been a slower earner than some, but he seems to get his updates in, missing last weeks however. Hasn't posted in 2 weeks, but we can only wait for Stevenson. 

25OA: Ray The Manta Ray, LB, Bondi Beach, 150 TPE

TPE Ranking: 27th
LB: 7th

Ray The Manta Ray was selected at about the right area based on his TPE ranking. He sits 11th in DSFL tackles, so pretty good for the 4th round selection. He missed last weeks update but has been posting and doing his task so nothing to worry about. I wouldn't call this pick a steal, but it's on it's way to becoming one for sure. Great pick for Bondi Beach here.

26OA: Malcolm Savage, QB, Norfolk, 204 TPE

TPE Ranking: 8th
QB Ranking: 2nd

One of the biggest steals so far, Norfolk got a mobile QB in Savage in the 4th round. The user, Moosey, is one of the best users I've interacted with across any sim league, and should be a great help to Norfolk at QB. While they have struggled a little in the sim, I definitely think they will get it back on track and become a top tier QB in the future. 

27OA: Lennay Kekua, DT, London, 100 TPE

TPE Ranking: 41st
DT Ranking: 2nd

While they are the 2nd best DT in the draft, Kekua is in the 40s for TPE ranking. HOWEVER, the user has been posting and is a recreate, he will probably have a big update that bumps that ranking a ton sooner or later, I think this could be a nice sleeper prospect for those GMs needing a DT. 

28OA: Mark Goodhead, TE, Portland, 139 TPE

TPE Ranking: 29th
TE Ranking: 2nd

One of the best value picks, Goodhead was right around where he should be drafted, at 29th TPE ranking going 28th. He's been earning at a consistent rate and should be a good offensive weapon for Portland for a few seasons. Nice pick for the Pythons here. 

29OA: Carter Knight, QB, Kansas City, 166 TPE

TPE Ranking: 21st
QB Ranking: 3rd

Ok, I would joke around usually, but I gotta give some respect to my quarterback. He's been playing fantastic through the 6 games so far, with 13 TD passes to just 5 interceptions. Also to mention, he's developed a good duo with him and Jaycee Higgins, totaling 8 touchdowns connections so far. A nice pick, with 3rd round talent going in the 4th, and will be a great QB for KC for a bit. Thanks for throwing to me Frost!

30OA: Anthony MacGuire, TE, Dallas, 174 TPE

TPE Ranking: 19th
TE Ranking: 1st

MacGuire, like Knight, is another good pick. Dallas was able to get the top tight end in the draft all the way at 30th overall. He has been a good earner and is on pace to keep it up. Also has 27 receptions for 199 yards so far, and will likely pass that 200 mark tonight! 

31OA: Doc Holliday, CB, Tijuana, 156 TPE

TPE Ranking: 25th
CB Ranking: 4th

The name seems familiar, just don't know from where. Doc has been a very consistent earner for Tijuana, having 156 TPE so far. But also, I think this dude could quite possibly become the DSFL defensive rookie of the year, with 37 tackles, 4 force fumbles + 2 recoveries, and 2 interceptions + 8 passes defended. So I'd keep an eye on this guy as his career progresses.

32OA: Zoltan, OL, Tijuana, 135 TPE

TPE Ranking: 31st
OL Ranking: 2nd

I actually talked to Zoltan a little today, good guy. He seemed to be a later create, which is why his ranking is a bit lower, but overall he's ben a nice selection for Tijuana, as going 1 pick later than his TPE ranking. Great value for Tijuana for sure, and has updated regularly. 

33OA: Doo Fus, DE, Bondi Beach, 74 TPE

TPE Ranking: 49th
DE Ranking: 2nd

I got nothing but love for MisObvious, but when you aren't online or updating, you might get some skeptical eyes. Still, he can come back, plenty of time. He is tied first in sacks in the DSFL, with 5, and should be a menace on that defensive line for Bondi Beach for a few seasons for sure.

34OA: Malcador "The Hero", WR, Norfolk, 134 TPE

TPE Ranking: 32nd
WR Ranking: 6th

Another pick I consider a value pick, Malcador is 32nd in TPE while being selected 34th by Norfolk. He's active and on pace to keep it up. Looking at the sim, his player is solid, but his hands have been a slight issue, with 11 drops in 6 games. I think once Malcador develops his hands more, his player will be a bigger threat more than he already is.

35OA: Thomas Hollands, WR, London, 103 TPE

TPE Ranking: 40th
WR Ranking: 8th

London got a decent value pick, as while it may not show currently, Hollands is active, and posting. His next update will for sure boost his ranking and help that selection prove. Also, one of the best names no doubt. The UCLA product seems like he can become one of the later selection who will bloom with time. 

36OA: Michael Carimi, OL, Portland, 156 TPE

TPE Ranking: 24th
OL Ranking: 1st

The best offensive lineman in the draft is my boy Mike, who spelled his username wrong (had to get that joke in). He has been pushing out media and even got a sig from me recently (I HAVE A SIG SHOP GO REQUEST). But I think Carimi WILL become one of the best picks in this draft, and be the best true lineman (no position switch) in this draft. 22 pancakes, no sacks allowed, I see superstar all over this dude.

37OA: Jalen Hopkins, WR, Kansas City, 59 TPE

TPE Ranking: 55th
WR Ranking: 11th

I gotta be honest, this one isn't looking too good. It is my squad Kansas City, but Hopkins doesn't look too good on a return. He's been online within the last 2 weeks but still, not sure on a return. I can tell we are starting to get into that range where I don't have a lot to talk about on a player. He's been doing ok in the sim though!

38OA: Sakeem Webb, CB, Dallas, 206 TPE

TPE Ranking: 7th
CB Ranking: 1st

AND right after, we have the 7th best prospect in the TPE rankings. My boy Sakeem Webb has probably the best render(s), with Justin Simmons and Denzel Curry, and went to Colorado, which is where I am from. So this guy is a W no matter what. He's active, he's a huge steal, with 1st round talent going in the 5th round! Dallas got an absolute steal here, and I don't think that label will change. W pick, W player, just a win.

39OA: Erick Bolanos, LB, Tijuana, 84 TPE

TPE Ranking: 44th
LB Ranking: 9th

"Blowlanos" as he is known in the PBE, made his way to the ISFL and well, hasn't had the same level of activity as in the brother league. He hasn't been active in 11 days, so the journey, while still young, looks lost currently. So best of luck Mitch!

40OA: Rodka Raskolnikov, WR, Minnesota, 175 TPE

TPE Ranking: 18th
WR Ranking: 3rd

HUGE steal for the Grey Ducks here, selecting Raskolnikov with the 40th selection in the draft. Not only has he surpassed his TPE ranking, he's doing it with a whole 22 spots more, which up to this point is the most for a player. He's earning at a great rate, he's doing well, and Minnesota found an outlet for a few seasons in this dude. Nice pick

41OA: James Sharkey, CB, Bondi Beach, 69 TPE (nice)

TPE Ranking: 50th
CB Ranking: 8th

He has a nice amount of TPE, but will it be enough for scouts to consider Sharkey more? BUT good news, Sharkey did do his activity check yesterday, so that's great news not only for GMs, but for Bondi Beach. He's been all over the field for the team down under, and should help that Buccaneer secondary for a bit. 

42OA: Nathan Claflin, LB, Norfolk, 84 TPE

TPE Ranking: 43rd
LB Ranking: 8th

Claflin, while not the fastest, has been earning, and around this point in the draft, is about pretty right. He is the 42nd pick, and is 43rd in TPE ranking. Not a bad pick at all for the Seawolves. Oh, and this dude is 5th in tackles in the DSFL...sleeper prospect yo.

43OA: Jet King, S, London, 50 TPE

TPE Ranking: 69th (nice)
S Ranking: 8th

King has 50 TPE, not much to talk about, but nice ranking! Our first 50 TPE guy in the draft. Has 2 sacks though!

44OA: R.L. Stine, DT, Portland, 50 TPE 

TPE Ranking: 63rd
DT Ranking: 5th

Is a top 5 DT, but has only 50 TPE. Not much more.

45OA: DeCarr Rek, LB, Kansas City, 212 TPE

TPE Ranking: 3rd
LB Ranking: 1st

Ok, the best, top, no brainer, steal of the draft...is DeCarr Rek! Kansas City took him 45th, and is 3rd in TPE. I've had the lucky opportunity to play with this dude, and he's the real deal. His nickname in our discord is literally Steal of The Draft, and I 100% agree. The position switch from QB was a great choice, and has provided him this amazing opportunity here. He also has 4 sacks so that's cool I guess. But shoutout to him, 5 rounds later than his actual spot.

46OA: Eleven Kendrick-Wotts, WR, Dallas, 57 TPE

TPE Ranking: 58th
WR Ranking: 12th

Either this dude is my GMs multi, or just very similar. I don't really have a lot to say on this pick if I'm being honest.

47OA: Ikick Ballz, K/P, Tijuana, 139 TPE

TPE Ranking: 30th
K/P Ranking: 1st

The best kicker went 47th! Tijuana got a steal here with Ballz, as he's been one of the better earners in this deep class! He had a slow start but picked it up and became one of the better players in the draft with a snap of his fingers. He's one of the better kickers in the DSFL, so another win for Tijuana here.

48OA: Warren Buffett, TE, Minnesota, 66 TPE

TPE Ranking: 53rd
TE Ranking: 5th

Buffet, while he is one of the richest people in the world, is not as rich in TPE. Not a ton here, so we can advance.

49OA: Eric Hall, CB, Bondi Beach, 75 TPE

TPE Ranking: 47th
CB Ranking: 6th

A value pick for Bondi Beach, Hall has the 47th best TPE while being selected 49th, good job! Not much else about Hall, but still nice choice Bondi Beach!

50OA: Lucas Arnold, S, Norfolk, 76 TPE

TPE Ranking: 46th
S Ranking: 6th

Arnold, another somewhat value pick, goes 50th to Norfolk, making the halfway point to 100 in prospects. Arnold has not been posting in a while, so not a ton to talk about here. Should be a nice piece to a Norfolk secondary though.

51OA: Justa Nuisance, DE, London, 50 TPE

TPE Ranking: 70th
DE Ranking: 3rd

A top 3 DE in the draft, but only 50 TPE. NEXT

52OA: Devin Boateng, WR, Portland, 60 TPE

TPE Ranking: 54th
WR Ranking: 10th

Boateng earned 10 TPE so far, however that TPE was very recent! Not last week, the week before, but it's still a sign of growth! So not a bad pick, plus bonus points for being a value pick. 

53OA: Lot Smith VIII, RB, Kansas City, 191 TPE

TPE Ranking: 15th
RB Ranking: 3rd

While not as big as Rek's selection, Kansas City gets even MORE lucky, with Smith the Eigth being available at 53rd, and earning enough to currently have 2nd round value! Smith is 5th in rushing yards also to add to his incredible draft value and activity. Kansas City NAILED this pick, and has a running back that will help them for a while.

54OA: Ta Falingus, DT, Dallas, 57 TPE

TPE Ranking: 59th
DT Ranking: 4th

Updated for a week and dipped, not much else.

55OA: Blake George, RB, Tijuana, 50 TPE

TPE Ranking: 66th
RB Ranking: 5th

50 TPE, next?

56OA: Walter Sanders, RB, Minnesota, 57 TPE

TPE Ranking: 57th
RB Ranking: 4th

Minnesota got a nice value selection here, otherwise not much else too say.

57OA: Felix Holloway, CB, Bondi Beach, 57 TPE

TPE Ranking: 56th
CB: 9th

Not a ton here, value selection for Bondi Beach however.

58OA: Ty Knotts, K/P, Norfolk, 52 TPE

TPE Ranking: 60th
K/P Ranking: 4th

He's starting in Norfolk, and was a value pick, so good choice I guess!

The rest of the picks all have 50 TPE:
59OA: Deluxe Pogger
60OA: Jon Snow
61OA: Cat Dog
62OA: Mike Oxlong
63OA: Jordan Bollenbach

So, what do you guys think? I spent a lot of time on this, so if you read all of it thanks! Have a great day folks.

3,818 words

RE: S31 Draft Class Review, 6 Weeks In - CptGoosar - 08-06-2021

Amazing media. Love it.

RE: S31 Draft Class Review, 6 Weeks In - Frostbite - 08-06-2021

KC stronk

RE: S31 Draft Class Review, 6 Weeks In - g2019 - 08-06-2021

This man really covered ALL of the draftees. You're the GOAT, Net!

RE: S31 Draft Class Review, 6 Weeks In - 124715 - 08-06-2021

:pogyote:

RE: S31 Draft Class Review, 6 Weeks In - Reno - 08-06-2021

smh my grade is too low

RE: S31 Draft Class Review, 6 Weeks In - Jangorhino - 08-06-2021

damn boy

RE: S31 Draft Class Review, 6 Weeks In - Net - 08-06-2021

(08-06-2021, 04:29 AM)CptGoosar Wrote: Amazing media. Love it.
Thank you! Was a lot of work

(08-06-2021, 06:17 AM)g2019 Wrote: This man really covered ALL of the draftees. You're the GOAT, Net!
no u

(08-06-2021, 07:51 AM)124715 Wrote: :pogyote:
:pogyote: