International Simulation Football League
*Norfolk Seawolves "Secondary Positions" Media - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Norfolk Seawolves "Secondary Positions" Media (/showthread.php?tid=34228)

*Norfolk Seawolves "Secondary Positions" Media - g2019 - 08-13-2021

I was struck with this idea when I had a random thought and subsequently posted in our locker room…”Who is our backup QB?”. What if @MN_Moosey suddenly went IA and we were somehow unable to sign a QB off waivers? Then, I came up with this kind of ridiculous (but very fun idea)...to give all of our active players (updated within the last two weeks) “secondary positions” and have some fun. So without further ado, here we go!

(Disclaimer: I know these positional swaps, in actuality, would likely be a disaster. This is purely to create some fun for my teammates)

@MN_Moosey Malcolm Savage (QB) -> Middle Linebacker

In our alternate universe, the Seawolves rookie QB moves to a leadership position on the other side of the ball as a middle linebacker. His grasp of the game is undeniable, and everyone knows that speed is the most important defensive attribute, anyway. Even with his nearly non-existent tackling rating (1), I’m confident Savage’s strength and competitiveness would make him a solid leader of the Seawolves linebacking corps.

@Twinsfan87 Jeremy Crouse (RB) -> Safety

Crouse, the Seawolves offensive captain, has speed to burn, and I’m confident he could do the job at safety, as the last line of defense. Chasing down streaking receivers would be a specialty, and with his recently improved endurance, Crouse could buzz around the field all game long.

@mtholf14 Matt Holford (RB) ->Quarterback

Holford created as a quarterback before switching to running back. In our alternate universe, Holford sticks with his original position and leads an exciting, revamped Wolves offense. With a combination of speed, endurance, strength, and agility, Holford would make a terrific rushing QB for the squad, much like Savage is currently.

@SirBongo Clifford Wilson (OL) -> Defensive End

Bongo is a terror on the offensive line, and would be a terror on the defensive line as well. Seeing a player this big, with speed and strength to go along with it, coming at you from the edge would be terrifying for any quarterback or running back. As much as he racks up the pancakes currently, he would certainly prevent opposing offensive tackles from getting any at all.

@Sonaclov French Fries (WR) -> Cornerback

Fries is having a terrific rookie season and is certainly in the discussion for Offensive Rookie of the Year. I have a feeling that he would be competing for Defensive Rookie of the Year on the other side of the ball, as well. Fries’ dangerous combination of speed, agility, hands, and endurance would make him a nightmare for opposing receivers, along with a huge interception threat who could easily take picks back for six.

@SnowyWolfz Malcador “The Hero” (WR) -> Safety

With solid speed, hands, agility, and endurance, Malcador could easily switch to safety and cause problems for opposing offenses. “The Hero” would be all over the field, making tackles, laying hits, and getting his hands on the ball.

@Patey Johnny Patey (WR) -> Cornerback

The breakout waiver-wire acquisition Patey has been an incredible addition to the Seawolves receiving corps, and could no doubt perform on the other side of the ball. His speed and hands would allow him to stick to receivers like glue, while also snagging picks with ease.

@HasumiKi Hououin Kyouma (CB)-> Wide Receiver/Kick Returner

Kyouma has been a staple in the Seawolves secondary for three seasons, and I would be interested to see how dominant he could be as a receiver and return man. His agility, speed, and endurance would make him a huge big play threat, and Holford would look to launch deep bombs to him often. Kickoffs and punts would be must-watch TV a la Devin Hester. Speed kills, folks.

@Greenbaynathan Nathan Claflin (LB)-> Tight End

The breakout Wolves linebacker would certainly do the job as a multi-faceted tight end, as well. Claflin’s combination of speed and strength would help him both in blocking and breaking out for the occasional big play down the field.

@g2019 Sconnie McHits (LB)->Kicker/Punter

Despite relative success at linebacker, McHits still dreams about what could have been as a kicker. The defensive captain laces up the kicking boot here to give it a proper go. Despite low kicking stats, the real threat from McHits would be as a tackler on special teams. Having the ability to track down returners after the kick would be a specialty, and the combination of speed, tackling, and endurance would mean McHits would be liable to lay the wood and force some fumbles.

@NepNeppy Nep Neppy (DT)-> Fullback

Neppy has done a great job of plugging up the middle and stuffing the run game, and could easily contribute by doing the opposite as a fullback. With high strength and endurance, Neppy would have no problem pancaking would-be tacklers, and could also truck through the line with ease as a rushing threat.

@oilmandan Stewart Hellraiser (DE)-> Running Back

Hellraiser has been huge as a sack and tackle for loss machine for the Wolves, and it would be beautiful to see him in the offensive backfield. With his deadly combination of strength and agility, Stewart would be able to truck opposing defensive players for hard-fought yardage, but also maintain the elusiveness to break big runs on the edge.

@Michiganonymous Spike Daniels (S)-> Wide Receiver

Last, but certainly not least, the ferocious Spike Daniels moves to wide receiver to put some points on the board for the Wolves. His speed and intelligence would allow him to burn defending coverages, with his intelligence contributing to phenomenal route running, which would no doubt make him a great target in the slot for Holford.

Updated “Secondary Positions” Starters:
Offense
QB: Matt Holford
RB: Stewart Hellraiser
FB: Nep Neppy
WR:  Hououin Kyouma
WR: Spike Daniels
TE: Nathan Claflin

Defense
DE: Clifford Wilson
LB: Malcolm Savage
CB: French Fries
CB: Johnny Patey
S: Malcador “The Hero”
S: Jeremy Crouse

Special Teams
K/P: Sconnie McHits
KR/PR: Hououin Kyouma

(984 words)

RE: *Norfolk Seawolves "Secondary Positions" Media - Greenbaynathan - 08-13-2021

you are spot on with the tightend thing, I was considering making myself a TE when i joined, but decided on LB

RE: *Norfolk Seawolves "Secondary Positions" Media - Jimi64 - 08-13-2021

Sick article for a 2 year old

RE: *Norfolk Seawolves "Secondary Positions" Media - g2019 - 08-13-2021

Lol goddamnit Jimi