International Simulation Football League
*There's Only One Thing Left to Say.... - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *There's Only One Thing Left to Say.... (/showthread.php?tid=34456)

Pages: 1 2

*There's Only One Thing Left to Say.... - flyeaglesfly29 - 08-23-2021

If you would have told me that nearly 2.5 years ago when I stumbled across this place that I would still be around today, I would have thought you were crazy. I think that might be the case for quite a few of us here in the league to be honest, however I don't think that there is much I would change along the way. Starting way back in s15, a mere 3 weeks into the league I took my first job as a GM with absolutely no clue what I was doing at all. Luckily I had one of my best friends irl there with me in @Rradum, so it made all of the losing better. The DSFL is a totally different animal and I commend the GMs who take on that task. You mean a lot more to this league than a lot of people realize! 

Once we were tired of sucking it up in KCC, we both went our separate ways in the ISFL, Rradum to SJS and myself to Chicago as the franchise's first ever pick. I was thrilled to be picked that high and while things did not work out for me in Chicago, it did lead me to the place I would consider my "home" in this league...Yellowknife! 

Thankfully for me during my free agency, a guy named Shady sent me a graphic of my player at the time in the black and blue. I was almost instantly hooked. Looking back on that time now, I realize that it was the best decision that I ever made in this league. Coming to Yellowknife taught me so much about this league and much more. Yellowknife taught me that a Discord server can be a legitimate family. It taught me that those stupid little dots on a screen are so much more than that, they are human emotions and real life investment. It also taught me how to become better at managing so many different personalities and that keeping them all happy is quite a task at times! But most importantly, Yellowknife taught me that this is one hell of a place to be! I mean when you sit back and think about it we have people from legitimately all over the world in one place over a common interest and that's just awesome. Especially during times when this world can be very divided! 

But discussing World Peace and politics is not why I am sitting here writing this....I'm writing this to say Thank You to this league and to the  Yellowknife Wraiths. 

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of two amazing partnerships that led this team over the last 10 seasons. 

Thank you for trusting me to help put together a team that you can be proud of at the end of the day. 

Thank you for letting me get to know so many amazing people that I would consider actual friends beyond just this league. 

And Thank You for letting me doing it all beside each and every one of you! 

If it's not obvious by this point, I am stepping down from my position as a GM for the Yellowknife Wraiths. As I mentioned above, I have been at this for the last 10 seasons here in YK and I believe it time for a change. Not because I am unhappy at all, but because I have come to a point in my life where I am unable to make myself spend the time this team deserves anymore. It's not that I don't have the time, I just appreciate having the ability to spend it elsewhere at this time in my life and like any of my players will tell you "real life always comes first". I also think that infusing a team with new blood is not a bad thing, which is why I have 100% faith in the guys who will be taking over as I step away this role (more on that when the time is right). 

Before I end this, I have to call some people out: 

@shadyshoelace You're my dog! I can honestly say that without you, none of this ever happens. I appreciate everything that we've been through together and I thank you for being such an awesome friend. Hopefully one day I'll either make it out West or you'll come over the East coast and we can have a beer irl instead of sending pictures back and forth in the YK server haha! As always, Go Birds! 

@PMoney Just as much as this would not have been possible without Shady, the same thing rings true with you. I'm sure there is someone out there that still doesn't know that I've never touched the sim in this league once. Guys like you and Shady are the real brains behind the operation while I'm just here trying to put pieces together. Thank you for the countless hours you've spent doing all that you can to make this team as great as we have been during your time as my Co-Gm. 

@Bigred1580 Love you BigDad! You were a huge part of me coming to YK and I appreciate you trusting me to take your place when you stepped down as a GM. You are the best person I've come across in this league I don't think there's anyone here who would ever argue that. 

@woelkers Thank you for being a sounding board and just a great person to conversewith. We've had countless conversations about so many different things it's ridiculous. You're a huge piece of this leagues history and I can't wait until you make the GM HOF, because you certainly deserve it. 

@Dewalt27 Great dude, awesome GM, and someone I have a ton of respect for in this league. I appreciate all of the fair trade talks and the competition you've created in Berlin. Keep crushing it my man! 

@DarknessRising There is no Cheese without Crackers! 

The entire S25 Class who have kept me invested in this league a lot longer than I thought I would be! 

@Arkz  I'm so glad that we made you our first round pick that season. You should have never made it to us given the caliber of person you are, but damn if we didn't win that one! Thanks for all that you've done. 

@UberBJ Like Shady, I think of you as an IRL friend. Beyond being funny as hell, I love our "old man" talks about home improvement, lighting, and yard equipment. Maybe one day, we'll actually grab a beer together given that we live so close to one another, but regardless we'll always have our talks about sprinkler systems and edge trimmers lmao! 

@deadlunatic You have to rank right up there as one of the best steals of all time! Having the opportunity to draft you as late as we did, is absolutely crazy and it shows just how stacked that entire draft was. Regardless, we got a great player and an even better person. Thank you for always be such a team first player and supporting a player like Kai being across from your player. Not a lot of folks would be cool with being the number 2 throughout majority of their career and I can't tell you how thankful I am to have had 2 guys like you and Darkness for the entirety of Colby's career. 

I'm sure there are a ton of folks that I have missed here, but it's not on purpose I promise! I appreciate everyone that I've had the joy of coming in contact with here in this league and to everyone...Thank you! 

I'll just end this thing here: 

10 Seasons
112 Wins (1 of 3 in the 100 Win Club)
11-5 Playoff Record (Tied for #1 All Time in Playoff Wins)
3 Ultimus Trophies

1 Amazing Family  YKW

RE: There's Only One Thing Left to Say.... - zaynzk - 08-23-2021

Instant HOFmer?

RE: There's Only One Thing Left to Say.... - Cody - 08-23-2021

You're one of the best. God speed!

RE: There's Only One Thing Left to Say.... - Dewalt27 - 08-23-2021

you're going to be missed in GM chat. I appreciated every interaction we had you were always great and easy to work with in trade discussions. One of the best GMs the league will ever see. Enjoy retirement.

RE: There's Only One Thing Left to Say.... - ValorX77 - 08-23-2021

Godspeed man. Godspeed.

RE: There's Only One Thing Left to Say.... - woelkers - 08-23-2021

All the love in the world for you, man. I can't wait to see what's next for you.

RE: There's Only One Thing Left to Say.... - shadyshoelace - 08-23-2021

GOAT in more ways than one. Love you man, enjoy your well-deserved retirement! YKW

RE: There's Only One Thing Left to Say.... - Duilio05 - 08-23-2021

Congrats on everything you've done. Just wish it had been at Baltimore instead. But @shadyshoelace has 1000% better graphics skillz than I do.

RE: There's Only One Thing Left to Say.... - mithrandir - 08-23-2021

Congrats on the wildly successful career as both a GM and player. More importantly though, you have always embodied good sportsmanship, class, and have encouraged community and making this league a better and more wholesome place.

RE: There's Only One Thing Left to Say.... - Net - 08-23-2021

One of the true legends of the league since I've been here, congrats man!