International Simulation Football League
*14 User ISFL Mock Draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *14 User ISFL Mock Draft (/showthread.php?tid=34608)

Pages: 1 2

*14 User ISFL Mock Draft - g2019 - 08-30-2021

As we enter draft season, I was inspired by @siddhus in a discussion about mock drafts. The thinking was this: I would find 13 other users (I would make 14), we all take a team, and we run a mock draft as though we are drafting for our respective teams. Working with captjanko, I set out to find users to complete our mock draft user group. We ended up with a fantastic crew, made up mainly of current DSFL players, with some ISFL’ers in the mix, as well. While the exercise itself was fun, even more fun were the shenanigans we all pulled in the server I created for this exercise (mainly, all of us changing our nicknames to the names of one of our team’s GMs and impersonating them...sorry @Blasoon!). I want to sincerely thank each of these users who have contributed to this mock...it was a ton of fun, and we really hope our readers enjoy it.

DISCLAIMER: We had to begin this mock draft exercise immediately following the ISFL regular season. As such, our order does not take playoff standings into account, and does not match the actual draft order. Additionally, the order will obviously not reflect any of the trades that occur during the draft, as we will not be privy to those until Friday’s draft presentation. We hope that you are still able to enjoy something that we all put quite a bit of effort into for your intrigue and enjoyment.

Lastly, if you disagree with some of our picks or have any theories, please feel free to comment below! We’re anxious to hear what you think! Thanks for reading!

Round 1
Pick 1: Baltimore Hawks (Dagumpa): Kotani Staggs - WR
Staggs has been widely considered to be the best new user and player in the ISFL. User .emfaith has currently leads all but one of the S31 prospects in TPE with 271. On the field, Staggs was one of only two rookies to finish with over 1000 yards receiving during the regular season. Staggs finished their rookie campaign with 1111 yards, 4 touchdowns, and 79.4 receiving yards per game. Staggs did fumble 4 times and had 15 drops on a Bondi Beach Buccaneers team that only won 6 games and missed the playoffs. But that hasn’t stopped Staggs from remaining the #1 wide receiver prospect in the S31 class.

The pick works for the Hawks as it will add a much-needed 3rd wide receiver to their young offense. The Hawks have struggled mightily the last few seasons and haven’t made a postseason appearance since S21. But a surprisingly solid season for their rookie QB, Gimmy Jaroppolo Jr., has given the Hawks somewhat of a rejuvenation. Staggs will serve as an excellent complimentary piece to the fledgling offense that has all the potential to become #1 in the league.

Pick 2: San Jose Sabercats (LimJahey): Tessie Garciaparra - CB
With my first pick in the S31 draft, I decided to go with one of my favorite users in the league. I’ve known Reno for most of my time in this league, and he is also one of my sl- employees. I know he’ll be active for his whole career, and while not being at the very top of max earners, he is still there. The whole reason I wanted to make this draft choice is based on the user. I think one of the easiest ways of keeping a team together, and keeping users active is through a strong locker room. Having one of the best and nicest users in the league in the locker room would instantly bring dividends to the organization, and make my location more attractive to free agents. I’m happy that he wasn’t taken first overall.

Pick 3: Philadelphia Liberty (Moosey): Cedric Wilkins III - CB
A huge narrative going around is that Wilkins III will go to Baltimore. Frick and woelkers have a lot of history but here that friendship is broken. A fellow batch of Minnesotans in Pat and Cody will be physically slapped should they not take him here. I do mean physically because woelkers will go to their homes and hit them for being silly. That being said, it is a great match positionally as well with Doy nearing regression and the secondary hitting a snag. I've seen the numbers in the sim. It's been awful. This should prove to be a worthwhile selection for the Liberty who are starting to come of their own.

Pick 4: New Orleans Second Line (Doorknob): Sconnie McHits - LB
NOLA needed defense BAD, and while I was told that CB was the most needed position, a player like Sconnie making out of the top 3 is awesome. He set up this KILLER draft and has been a beast for Norfolk this year. NOLA has an older player named Busch Light who is regressing so Linebacker is a need, and I think Sconnie is the best man to fill this role.

Pick 5: Chicago Butchers (Michaganonymous): Orpheus Czargyros - LB
From the rumors I’ve been hearing, I believe that Chicago’s top target might be CB Tessie Garciaparra (@”RenoJacksonHS”). Tessie is the sister of current Butchers DE Jason Garciaparra (@”Starboy”). Based on their respective Twitter feeds I’m not certain those two would exactly be thrilled to end up as teammates, but according to the whisper machine Chicago might be looking to try it. However, in this scenario Tessie is already off the board, as is Chicago’s rumored second choice, CB Cedric Wilkins II (@”woelkers”). I think there’s a real possibility that in the actual draft Chicago uses their extra 2nd-round picks to move up and get one of these two, but in a no-trades mock that was also not an option. In a top-loaded draft with no obvious #1 prospect, even a move to 1st overall isn’t out of the question.

As a result I have Chicago selecting LB Orpheus Czargyros. The top half-dozen or so prospects by TPE are unfortunately clustered at positions where I believe Chicago to be strongest, and lacking in areas that I believe Chicago needs the most help. Linebacker is clearly an area that could use an infusion of fresh talent though, with 3 of 4 available players on the verge of hitting regression. Enter Czargyros to start the youth movement. His Pass Rusher archetype is a perfect fit for Chicago’s scheme, and the OC is a big earner, with 238 TPE at time of writing. HEOB is an active user famous for his Draft Class HYPE threads. He also featured for the Butchers as his most recent player, Osiris Firestorm-Fjord, and I believe Chicago is fond of drafting their own recreates. In the scenario unfolding here, and with trades not an option, I think Orpheus would be in serious consideration.
Also considered: LB Omni Man, DE Morpheus Czargyros

Pick 6: Honolulu Hahalua (CaptJanko): Morpheus Czargyros - DE
With pick 1.06, the Honolulu Hahalua are mocked to take Morpheus Czargyros. Now, hear me out. Yes, Morpheus made this pick. However, Morpheus is both the BPA at this spot and fills a need for the Hahalua. In addition to being a logical fit for football needs, Morpheus is a spiritual and cultural fit as well. A local to the California coast, Morpheus will fit in with the island environment, understand “local time”, and thrive in conditions conducive to remarkable amounts of eating. Spam masubi, poi, poke, and excessive pork are all fundamental building blocks towards a championship body. And if drafted, Morpheus will be ready to win championships. Most importantly of course, Morpheus is primed to excel in the Hawaiian climate. After all, he’s sizzling as brightly as Honolulu and will rush offensive lines with the strength of North Shore waves.

Pick 7: Colorado Yeti (Net): Mark Goodhead - TE
Goodhead fills the TE need in Colorado here with the 7th overall pick, and with their current TE having just 432 TPE, this selection helps solidify a tight end one for the future. Goodhead has also put out a good amount of media so that's a plus for Colorado too!

Pick 8: Orange County Otters (G2019): Ken Oath - RB
Orange County is jumping for joy if Ken Oath is available here. Thor is a known user and known commodity and a steal at pick 8. He would fit in well in OCO as the eventual successor to Goat Tank, and can make an immediate impact as RB2, as OCO’s other running back currently only sits at 311 TPE, a mark Oath should best by the start of next season. Oath also aims to give quarterback Suleiman Ramza another solid target as a receiving back archetype.

Pick 9: Berlin Fire Salamanders (Ioe): Beniri T’Chawama - RB
Amazing user, rookie captain in Dallas, super active and the highest TPE in the class at this point… Berlin locks up the running back of the future…or knowing he already switched from OL in Dallas know he’d be open to switch positions if needed…love the flexibility with this pick. Berlin has an aging running back in season 23 Danny King Jr that might be hitting regression soon so locking up the running back of the future with this pick is a must. Having arguably the best running back in the class as well as a top tpe user and active player at this position in the draft is a huge bonus. I think it's a no-brainer pickup at this point. I only gets the highest TPE earner at the all-important running back position or possibly a position switch, but also get just a class act fantastic user love this pick

Pick 10: Austin Copperheads (Dolphins): Spike Daniels - S
Spike is the perfect pick here for Austin. Safety is a big need for them this year as both of their current safety’s are getting older and they have no one developing down in the DSFL. Spike is my number 1 Safety in this draft and for good reason as he may be the 3rd highest TPE but he has some great production this season with 4 INTs most by a safety), 50 Tackles ( not the best but still good) and and 11 PD ( also most by a safety). Austin has been looking for that active top tier safety and they will get that person here.

Pick 11: Yellowknife Wraiths (woelkers): Omni Man - LB
LimJahey, though maybe not the flashiest recreate this draft has to offer, proved himself a sturdy user while running as Von Hayes for the Chicago Butchers. He has stuck among this class's top ten earners all season, and continues to hold his position as GFX Head. At this pick, given his value as a user and the Wraiths' need for an edge rusher, Omni Man is a no-brainer.

Pick 12: New York Silverbacks (crazylemire): DeCarr Rek - LB
With New York's first round pick of this year's draft I plan for them to take the best Linebacker Available at the time this leaves us with DeCarr Rek. Rek Played in Kansas this season getting a full season in which he had 66 tackles, 7 Sacks, 2 interceptions and 5 Pds. He was a threat this season look for him to be off the board in the first round.

Pick 13: Sarasota Sailfish (Parm): Jaycee Higgins - WR
In this mock draft, I played the role of Mojojojo and the Sarasota Sailfish. Because of the recent success the Sailfish have seen they obviously were near the bottom of the draft. I looked into their roster and noticed they have a lot of players about to enter into regression, which was kind of nice because it gave me a wide variety of positions I could have gone after. Common knowledge tells us QB Carter Knight will be getting selected automatically by the Sailfish in the 2nd round. So with the 14th I had the guy I wanted in my head, more than a handful of picks before I made the selection. The anticipation was maddening because I didn’t know if someone was going to take him before I was able to. The pick was WR – Jaycee Wiggins. With only 2 WR on the roster and both entering regression this off-season, I felt like it was a GREAT grab at the bottom of the first round, and user Net gets to have a first rounder celebration. I think this is going to be a great pick for the Sailfish. Higgins and Knight are going to be a lethal combination for a long time in Sarasota.

Pick 14: Arizona Outlaws (SouljaBoy2007): Jay Spears - S
Arizona had an absolutely incredible season, holding the best scoring offense and defense on their way to a 14-2 record and an Ultimus appearance. This leaves them with very few immediate needs. The one position they desperately need, however, is safety. Wesley Eriksen and DB Jadakiss both had subpar seasons and are starting to get old. Wesley Eriksen especially, as he is starting to get very deep into regression and as an inactive player he’s not going to gain any more TPE. This is why Arizona chooses to select Jay Spears from the Portland Pythons. Jay Spears is a recreate, so Arizona is getting experience along with a good earner and a high TPE player. Spears put up a very solid season for Portland and Arizona hopes he can bring that production to them in the coming years. JayTheGreat has proven he can be a solid earner and has the valuable skills that Arizona can use. Arizona is an aging team, so grabbing a recreate who can be a mentor for the young players they get in the coming era of roster turnover can provide even more value than his contributions on the field.

Round 2
Pick 15: Baltimore Hawks (Dagumpa): Paul Monitor - K/P
The Hawks are forced into this pick due to Hallmonitor_20 being their “GM” or something idk. But anyway, Paul Monitor had a decent rookie year with the Bondi Beach Buccaneers. While he had a kinda unfortunate extra point percentage of 93.5%, but his 71.4% field goal percentage made him the 3rd most accurate kicker among kickers with 20 or more field goal attempts. He is, arguably, not the best kicker in the S31 rookie class. But the Hawks need a replacement from Armando Galarraga whose numbers have dwindled consistently since their rookie year. There might be a better way to go here, but the Hawks are forced to make this one.

Pick 16: San Jose Sabercats (Lim Jahey): Roska Raskolnikov - WR
I’m going to be honest, I know little to nothing about my second draft choice. Why did I take them? Cause they were the best available option at a position I feel like San Jose needed. With two aging receivers, drafting one that can be called up right away would be a good addition to the team. As long as they stay active as well, I think they could have a great career.

Pick 17: Philadelphia Liberty (Moosey): Amari Springer - S
Remember when I said the secondary was bad? I mean it was horrendous. Safety is a huge need for this team (and many others to be honest) and they get one of the best. Dagumpa is another recreate whose last player swept a ton of defensive awards just before retirement. A seasoned sim league vet and overall great person, Philly has to pull the trigger here. It's a case of positional need and best player available.

Pick 18: New Orleans Second Line (Doornob): Doc Holliday - CB
I was considering Holliday with my first pick but I thought it might have been a slight reach at the time!! Luckily for me he made it back to my 2nd pick and I am thrilled, NOLA told me cornerback was a HUGE need in this draft so the fact that I was able to wait and still get one is MASSIVE for me. He will be a long term option for a few of both Andrew Witten and Dorothy Zbornak are on the older side and would need replacing

Pick 19: Chicago Butchers (Michiganonymous): French Fries - WR
Since Chicago owns Colorado’s 2nd-round pick, and with Honolulu being locked in by rule to their GM @”sidduhs”’ player, LB Ray the Manta Ray, the Butchers have the luxury of making two consecutive selections, so I will treat them at the same time. At this point in the draft I thought that Fries was the best player on the board. I know Sonaclov well from Norfolk’s locker room, and he’s a passionate, highly engaged user; others may recognize him as the winner of the Team World WFC team logo competition. It certainly helps that French Fries is a likely finalist for both Offensive Rookie of the Year and Wide Receiver of the Year in the DSFL after leading the league in receiving yards with the third-most catches. He was also fifth in average yards per catch and can boast the season’s longest receiving play, 89 yards. Scoring only 8 touchdowns may dent his awards candidacy slightly, but anyone who watched knows that this stat was more a function of Norfolk’s general offensive struggles (they were shut out twice) than a reflection on the player. Chicago will have the luxury of letting Fries develop in the ISFL for a while as Mike Hunt and Luca Scabbia age. Between Fries and last year’s selections Vincent Sharpei Jr. and Tay Swizzle, the Butchers should be set at receiver for seasons to come.

Pick 20: Honolulu Hahalua (CaptJanko): Ray the Manta Ray - LB
With pick 2.06, the Honolulu Hahalua take Ray the Manta Ray. A linebacker from the Bondi Beach Buccaneers, Ray’s rookie season ended with 81 tackles, a tackle for a loss, 2 sacks, a fumble recovery, and an interception. A versatile defender who only improved as the season went on, Ray is a player with incredible ISFL potential. If Ray has more games like he did on week 14 where he registered 12 tackles, then the Hahalua’s defense can expect a marked upgrade in the very near future.

Pick 21: Chicago Butchers (Michiganonymous): Michael Carimi - OL
Offensive line is a position where Chicago has immediate need. Julio Jones was traded to Arizona. Mo Magic retired at the end of the season, and their other star tackle, Icebox Riposte, is about to enter regression. Rigby Raccoon and James Gath are regressing players with under 500 career TPE. Fortunately for Chicago, both of the eligible OL prospects in this year’s draft have more TPE already than their Season 29 draft pick Dick Thickum. Unfortunately for Chicago, there are only two eligible OL prospects in this draft. Naturally then, I couldn’t pass up the chance to select one of them here. Carimi has more TPE currently than his counterpart Zoltan, but if he were unavailable then Zoltan would’ve been the choice. I strongly believe that Chicago will select an offensive lineman in the 2nd round, especially if they make multiple picks, and I also expect them to call the player up immediately.
Also considered: CB Sakeem Webb, OL Zoltan

Pick 22: Orange County Otters (G2019): Malcolm Savage - QB
Another pick that Orange County would be thrilled to make, as they take Malcolm Savage here at pick 22 as their quarterback of the future. Savage will be making big strides towards his peak as Suleiman Ramza is regressing, and is an active user who any team would love to have in their locker room. A slam dunk of a pick-up here in the middle of the second round.

Pick 23: Berlin Fire Salamanders (Ioe): Nick Kaepercolin Jr. - LB
With the second pick Berlin takes their GM player in Nick Kaepercolin JR. Obviously for the rules they have to take him here but should be a good position of need for Berlin at middle linebacker which is a huge position of importance for any good defense.

Pick 24: Chicago Butchers (Michiganonymous): Siaosi Multiauaopele - S
Another choice prompted by wanting to take the best available player on my draft board, Siaosi is a player I’ll be watching closely this draft. Safety isn’t Chicago’s biggest need, with 3 on the roster, but Hamish MacAndrew is steeply regressed and may be considering retirement, and Damian Blackfyre hits regression very soon. Siaosi is a player they can develop in the lower league for two or three seasons before they bring him in, loaded up on TPE and hungry for more. This player’s Enforcer archetype also drew my attention, since he’s got an element of bruising nastiness to his game that’s not really present in the current iteration of the Chicago backfield, and that the Butchers’ fanbase should love. As far as I could determine, @”TubaMasterFlex” is a brand new user (apologies if I’m incorrect!), but they’re regularly active on the forum and recently joined the ISFL-affiliated baseball league, PBE.
Also considered: CB Sakeem Webb, DT Nep Neppy

Pick 25: Yellowknife Wraiths (woelkers): Tony Demonson - WR
The Wraiths' offense is aging rapidly, and especially with the recent retirement of Zee Rechs, this is a team that needs new options to surround future quarterback Dustin Parmalee. This draft is fairly deep at wide receiver, which is why I elected to hold until round two for this pick, and fortunately for me, Tony Demonson fell comfortably to this slot. The user here, crazylemire, is a true rookie, which always comes with a risk, but he has shown flurries of activity, and is even involved with this mock draft, picking for my old franchise, the New York Silverbacks. He may not be the top wide receiver of the class, but there is still a ton of potential here.

Pick 26: New York Silverbacks (crazylemire): Malcador “The Hero” - WR
With New York's second Round selection they choose to go with Wide Reciever Malcador "The Hero", Malcador is a good pick here and would probably been chosen higher if this class wasnt filled with such high-end talent Wide-Receivers. Malcador played this season in Norfolk having for 1000+ yards in his rookie season is pretty impressive to say the least posting 1131 yards.

Pick 27: Sarasota Sailfish (Parm): Carter Knight - QB
See Pick 13 Smile

Pick 28: Arizona Outlaws (SouljaBoy2007): Sakeem Webb - CB
Arizona’s secondary is easily the weakest part of the team. Despite having two incredible corners in Rich Triplet and Tayshawn Crunk, Arizona’s 3rd corner is a low TPE inactive who the Outlaws desperately need to replace. With a weak selection of corners remaining, except for a hit or miss player, the Outlaws choose to gamble on Sakeem Webb. Sakeem Webb comes from a user who has often gone inactive, but Webb seems to be different. He has been one of the top earners in this draft class. Webb also had a monster DSFL season, helping Dallas to lead the league in team interceptions. He should be named to the pro-bowl roster and has an argument for CBoY. Webb has also proven he can hang with top talent, holding the first overall pick to just 63 yards in their week 10 matchup. That’s an ISFL caliber player and Webb held him quiet. If he can stay active and earning, he's on track to be better than Mason Gillion by the end of his 2nd season in the ISFL and he should be able to get on the field for Arizona and contribute right away. Maybe Sakeem Webb is a risky pick, maybe he won’t pan out, but if he has flashed the potential to be a #1 corner in this league. Teams don’t win championships without taking risks so Arizona is going to spin the wheel of fortune and hope it pans out.

Round 3
Pick 29: Orange County Otters (G2019): Ben Delabaguette - CB
Orange County nabs another solid user in round 3 with the addition of the best cornerback left on the board. Delabaguette would fit nicely into future plans for the Otters, as Brandon Booker has begun regression and Richard Leaking will begin regression soon. Delabaguette aims to play alongside Anton Bruckner to form a formidable future cornerback pairing for the Otters.

Pick 30: San Jose Sabercats (LimJahey): Wendell Sailor - QB
My third choice is the best one I made in this draft. I can’t believe that simo dropped all the way to here. Simo is an awesome user, and would be another great addition to the locker room. While they have a quarterback of the future who was drafted two seasons earlier, having a max earner is a huge advantage, and if simo were to change positions, this pick would be an absolute steal.

Pick 31: Philadelphia Liberty (Moosey): Zoltan - OL
You can tell this is a mock because a sim league vet is still on the board. Philly has been known to harness the power of the fair rub and roster a full human offensive line. With some core pieces getting hit by the truck that is regression, adding another into the system will help protect the weak bones of Ryan Negs. Rangerjase is a cool guy and has been an active participant in every server he's joined (to my knowledge). A fantastic selection that was a major snipe to many. That's what you get for waiting.

Pick 32: New Orleans Second Line (Doornob): Lot Smith VIII - RB
This was a INSANE value pick here, Lot Smiths a great user who only fell since running back is not a massive need, however NOLA has only two RBs on their roster, and with one of them being older and only 800 tpe it would be a genius move to snag Lot here, this is likely one of the biggest steals in this draft as he is currently above 200 tpe

Pick 33: Chicago Butchers (Michiganonymous): Nep Neppy - DT
Chicago might need a new defensive tackle as soon as this coming season if Daymond Brooks opts to retire. Both of their starters are regressing players and they have no one currently in the DSFL. I nearly picked Neppy at 2.10, but decided to gamble that they would still be available here at 3.5. I was sweating it out for 8 picks, but thankfully the board fell as I hoped it would and I got my guy. The TPE is a little low, since Neppy joined the league just before the start of the season and has been a modest earner so far, but the user activity has been steady and could potentially ramp up in the future. Even if slow to develop, as the best DT available, Neppy is a player that I was determined to get for Chicago given the positional need.
Also considered: None. If Neppy had been off the board, DT Lennay Kekua and WR Dumais Wells were available.

Pick 34: Sarasota Sailfish (Parm): Anya Mind - LB
In the third round, Sarasota has two selections. Number 34 overall and number 41 overall. With both picks, I took who I felt l was the best player available (and I think also had the highest or one of the highest TPE remaining at the picks. At 34 I took LB Anya Mind. This dude is going to have a great career, and I felt grateful he was still there this late in the draft. I got this pick off the board as fast as I quickly could because it was a no-brainer to me.

Pick 35: Colorado Yeti (Net): Lennay Kekua - DT
Kekua will be taught behind the great Magnus Rikiya in Colorado and should help that Yeti defense for years to come. He is a steal here midway through the third round and will show that later on in his career for sure. Also he was the Yeti Tight End before

Pick 36: Orange County Otters (G2019): Dumais Wells - WR
Orange County takes the highest TPE wide receiver here, and that is Dumais Wells. Sopath is a solid user, and should see early playing time with the retirement of Garfield Despacito, Jr. Wells will form a solid future receiving corps with Owen Holloway and Sam the Onion Man.

Pick 37: Berlin Fire Salamanders (Ioe): Anthony MacGuire - TE
The third round Berlin goes with another big position of need and tight end. Currently Berlin only has one side on the active roster with season 22 Clark Boyd. Currently at 900 tpe he’s getting regression. Was that looking for the tight end of the future Berlin is ecstatic about being able to draft arguably the first but definitely one of the top Titan prospects in this year’s draft with Anthony McGuire from the Dallas bird dogs. If you've been keeping track but this is Berlin’s second Dallas pick up. Dallas has a reputation of putting out really good active users who turn into future all stars and whose users sometimes turn into GMS or ho members. It’s never a bad pic if you drive from the Dallas clubhouse. That said Anthony McGuire was one of the best statistical tight ends as a rookie and looks to continue his growth.. currently sitting at 174 TPE, are you trying to be active higher and could be a big staple for a good offense in the future. Awesome number one is looking at plugging in positions of need and they look no further than a great tight end to be the future staple offense.

Pick 38: Austin Copperheads (Dolphins): Doo Fus - DE
Austin also needs a DE and Doo Fuss lands right in their laps here. He had 9 sacks which is tied for most for a DE, and he had 3 FF which is tied for 5th for all DEs, he has done great for his TPE that he has which is not a lot, but its ok because he must now where to put it as he has done pretty well this season.

Pick 39: Berlin Fire Salamanders (Ioe): Johnny Bravo - DT
S22 Hank Steel All-Purpose DT 701
S22 Claude Miller II Defensive Tackle Interior Rusher 612
The above players are the only two active defensive tackles on the roster and are both in the midst of regression so looking for the future defensive tackle this position is a must. We would have liked to have gotten one of the upper tier even the tackles earlier in the draft but sticking to the best available at this point we’re going to go to even tackle with our second third pick. Johnny Bravo is a little behind an overall tpe but hopefully joining a competitive Berlin team that will help him along the way with updates and encouragement can get him to be a future staple on the defensive front. As you can see from prior pics Berlin is looking to get best available but also addressing future needs as the team is getting older and regressing is going to start playing a big factor in the overall competitiveness of this squad for the next couple of seasons. Down the blueprint of future players to fill in where the older players are regressing out of is a huge part of the success of the Berlin fire salamanders.

Pick 40: New York Silverbacks (crazylemire): Johnny Patey - WR
With New York's third round Selection they go with another Norfolk Wide Receiver in Johnny Patsey, too play alongside team Malcador the Hero, we think this is a solid idea keeping newer players together and building more chemistry and potential we know New Yorks been nosing around for some young wide receivers they can build upon.

Pick 41: Sarasota Sailfish (Parm): Cal Stevenson - S
The 2nd pick in the round, at 41 was a little difficult. I tried to just let the draft come to me, instead of trying to play the guessing game, and trying to predict who would be available. Knowing that safety is also a position of need and has also entered regression, I decided that safety was a need and Carl Stevenson was the best remaining Safety. Playing for Minnesota and getting a taste for ships and success, this couldn’t have fallen any more perfectly.

Pick 42: Philadelphia Liberty (Moosey): Rookie Sensation - CB
All the way down here the talent gets a little slim, but I may have found a diamond in the not so rough. Tlk is a vet through and through having a ton of league experience and has held many a high ranking job. The current SCSFL commissioner recreated and will slot nicely into the broken secondary that exists in Philly. A bit of a slow earner but will be a great presence nonetheless.

Round 4
Pick 43: Baltimore Hawks (Dagumpa): Marquees Acho Jr. - TE
Acho Jr’s numbers aren’t the most eye-popping among tight ends. Acho Jr finished with 46 receptions and 366 yards and never found his way into the endzone. But Acho Jr shows plenty of upside. User Huskies311 controls the 3rd-highest TPE tight end in the S31 draft. While tight end isn’t a major need for the Hawks, with their current TE Makoa Mahi’ai being very solid for them at a young age, the Hawks could find success through a two-tight end set. Huskies is also a former GM of the Hawks and, therefore, knows the franchise quite well.

Pick 44: San Jose Sabercats (LimJahey): Nathan Claflin - LB
The last choice of my draft, we are at the end of most active players, and all of the users who earn well are gone as well. So with that in mind, I feel like I chose the best available here. I know practically nothing about this user, other than they’re still active. If they stay active, and learn how to earn tpe more efficiently, they would be another great steal.

Pick 45: Philadelphia Liberty (Moosey): Ikick Ballz - K/P
This was a case of just straight TPE. Not a lot was available to address the needs of the team. Philly already has a solid kicker in Fencik so they don't necessarily NEED another one. They also don't not need one either. This pick has a ton of potential. Should TP keep earning like they are now (which I'm fairly certain will be the case) this could be a massive steal. There is always the opportunity of a position change come call up time which very well could make this pick the steal of the draft.

Pick 46: New Orleans Second Line (Doornob): Erick Bolanos - LB
This round is where a lot of the top needs seem to go off, I was hoping a better DL would fall to this point but instead i take a Linebacker, I know nothing about Bolanos but is Archetype is Versatile so i think he can fill a role on the DL if needed. Did I just BS that? yes but who cares he was a defensive player who is still around so he will be my last pick

Pick 47: Chicago Butchers (Michiganonymous): Donkey Johnson - TE
With Chicago’s final pick of the draft, we were well into the category of players and users that I wasn’t nearly as familiar with. I’d be lying if I tried to pretend that me simply loving the idea of a TE named “Donkey Johnson” played no role in making this selection. However, I did think that the TEs represented the best value still on the board at the start of this round, and regarded Johnson as the best player available with this pick. Chicago drafted Nick L. Back last year and he looks to be their clear starter heading into the season, so there’s no immediate need, but the other two rostered TEs are ready to regress and have very low career TPE. Getting a Donkey for Chicago’s farm (I’m so sorry) is a good move for the future. As a user, @”Donkey” falls into that same category as @”NepNeppy”: the slow but steady earner, players who are perfect for rounding out the back end of a roster or for stashing a couple of seasons in the DSFL. As a player, Donkey Johnson is a big, strong TE who can be a chain-mover and a nice security blanket for a quarterback, as well as a strong, aggressive blocker for the small, fast running backs that Chicago likes to collect.
Also considered: K Billy Doornob

Pick 48: Honolulu Hahalua (CaptJanko): Thomas Hollands - WR
With pick 4.06, the Honolulu Hahalua are mocked to take Thomas Hollands. Again, Hollands is BPA at this point in the draft and by a country mile as well. With top-line speed, strong agility, and elite hands, Hollands is primed to end the year with over 900 yards. At the time of writing, Hollands may not be leading in any categories, but is averaging a more than respectable 12 yards per catch and has taken off for a career long 46 yard touchdown. Although a sole 4 touchdowns might worry other teams, Hollands has the foundation to be a strong contributing WR for years to come with many more touchdowns to come. If picked this late, Hollands might be considered the steal of the draft in future years.

Pick 49: Colorado Yeti (Net): James Sharkey - CB
He's a defensive back that was seen online in the last two weeks, so maybe something can form there

Pick 50: Orange County Otters (G2019): Kade Carlton - CB
With their final pick of the draft, OCO takes a flier on Kade Carlton, real-life brother of highly-touted wide receiver prospect Jaycee Higgins. If Carlton can return to activity, this could be a good future addition in the secondary for the Otters.

Pick 51: Berlin Fire Salamanders (Ioe): Billy Doornob - K/P
At this point in the fourth round Berlin is just getting the best player on the board. Current kicker Danny King is a 400 tpe season 23 player that is hitting regression so looking at possibly locking up the kicker/punter of the future is a good way to go with this pick in the fourth round. Billy is a current 90 tpe earner with some room to grow but hopefully can solidify the kicking position for the next 10 seasons if he continues to update. This was the last pick of Berlin’s draft.

Pick 52: Austin Copperheads (Dolphins): Eric Hall - CB
This player is the highest TPE available and in a position of need. Austi has 2 old CBsthat will start to regress and one CB in the middle, they need that youngster for the DB group and they are getting that here. Hall had 13 PD and 21 tackles. Which is pretty good for his TPE, which is not that high. Although i love the name, and think Eric can be a great player for Austin on and off the field

Pick 53: Yellowknife Wraiths (woelkers): R.L. Stine - DT
I was baffled to see Toasty slide this far. Despite his recent history of inconsistent earnings and early indications that R.L. Stine may be another casual earning player or even inactive, Toasty has successful players in his history, showed with New York that he is more than willing to be a team player, and has chosen a position that seems to be a good fit for more casual earning. While he may be one of the lower TPE players eligible for the draft, Toasty is a deep sleeper pick, one the Wraiths would be thrilled to take here.

Pick 54: New York Silverbacks (crazylemire): Lucas Arnold - LB
With New york's 4th pick of the draft they go with Lucas Arnold another player from Norfolk they love this junior teams players and we know they have been scouting the crap out of this norfolk team we think New York goes Arnold here and top having 2 other players playing along with in junior that he will pick it up and be a steal.

Pick 55: Sarasota Sailfish (Parm): Warren Buffet - TE
In the fourth round, at pick 55 I went with the best player remaining. That was TE Warren Buffet. Lucky for me, it was also a position of need for Sarasota. So, it was a win-win pick. Buffet will fill in nicely as the current TEs on the roster get into regression and begin the twilight of their careers.

Pick 56: Arizona Outlaws (SoujaBoy2007): Devin Boateng - WR
With the 2nd to last pick in the draft, Arizona’s options are very weak. They opt to pick the best player available in Devin Boateng. Arizona has some aging WRs and if by some miracle Deving Boateng returns to activity, he would actually have a chance to make the Outlaws ISFL roster. Arizona does miss out on some super talented players by picking so late and missing their 3rd round pick but by taking Boateng they make the best of a bad situation by opening the door, even if it is just a crack, to fill a position they will have a need for within the next few seasons. If nothing else, Boateng can act as a placeholder for next year's draft pick, when WR becomes one of the Outlaws biggest needs.

Round 5
Pick 57: Baltimore Hawks (Dagumpa): Jalen Hopkins - WR
With the final pick in the draft, the Hawks will simply be looking to take a body that isn’t entirely cold. Jalen Hopkins, a teammate of Marquees Acho Jr on the Kansas City Coyotes, caught 35 balls for 389 yards and 2 touchdowns during his S30 campaign. Wide receiver, after picking Kotoni Staggs, won’t be a huge need for the Hawks. But you never know what a late-round talent may bring you.

(6,913 words)

Payouts - 7.14% each (lol)
@Dolphins
@Dagumpa
@captjanko
@LimJahey
@Skindog44
@woelkers
@Doornob
@Net
@crazylemire
@SouljaBoy2007
@g2019
@Michiganonymous
@MN_Moosey
@Dp-420

RE: 14 User ISFL Mock Draft - slate - 08-30-2021

Interesting

RE: 14 User ISFL Mock Draft - Pat - 08-30-2021

Jeez I tell you about a great Mexican restaurant and then you threaten me with physical violence. Smh @MN_Moosey .

RE: 14 User ISFL Mock Draft - qWest - 08-30-2021

Congrats on getting through this exercise, I know from experience trying to get 14 people together to do something like this can be a pain. Well done as well!

RE: 14 User ISFL Mock Draft - Net - 08-30-2021

(08-30-2021, 08:58 PM)Pat Wrote: Jeez I tell you about a great Mexican restaurant and then you threaten me with physical violence. Smh @MN_Moosey .

this made me laugh harder than I should of

A ton of fun, as the Colorado GM I'd be really excited to see these selections but only luck now can hope it's right

RE: *14 User ISFL Mock Draft - CptGoosar - 08-31-2021

Love the article. It’s great but 7th overall. Seems a bit high but thanks for the vote of confidence ?

RE: *14 User ISFL Mock Draft - Frick_Nasty - 08-31-2021

@woelkers did you hear our friendship is broken? News to me lmfao

RE: *14 User ISFL Mock Draft - Net - 08-31-2021

(08-31-2021, 02:30 AM)CptGoosar Wrote: Love the article. It’s great but 7th overall. Seems a bit high but thanks for the vote of confidence ?

Definitely deserve it, as the GM of the pick

RE: *14 User ISFL Mock Draft - Michiganonymous - 08-31-2021

Looks like my attempts to tag people didn't work properly. Oh well!

RE: *14 User ISFL Mock Draft - woelkers - 08-31-2021

(08-31-2021, 06:15 AM)Frick_Nasty Wrote: @woelkers did you hear our friendship is broken? News to me lmfao
Yeah, something about how you're a scummy prick.