International Simulation Football League
*ISFL Mock Draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *ISFL Mock Draft (/showthread.php?tid=34637)

*ISFL Mock Draft - teddyoojo - 08-31-2021

Ok, so this is my mock draft.
To preface this, I've been out of this league for pretty much the last two seasons, therfore I hardly have the best idea of what is going to happen. most of the reasoning in this mock draft will be based upon TPE and position need from looking at the Tracker. I basically have absolutely no info about player/team relationships or any clue if players switch positions and shit.

1. Baltimore Hawks
Morpheus Czargyros (DE)
This feels quite a need for the Hawks, as they currently do not even have a second DE at all. Picking up one of the best earners and a huge position of need both in one is a dream come true for the first overall pick here. I could also see them picking up a safety, however theyre in a weird position safety wise, currently fielding 3 safeties (i think hall retires tho or watever hes low tpe anyways so). Caven McRae doesnt seem like the best earner since being drafted a bunch fo seasons ago, so they really need to look to improve upon safety later in the draft aswell.

2. San Jose Sabercats
Amari Springer (S)
So the sabercats are in a weird situation. In my opinion they both need a new Safety and a new Running back, however jamar might be able to drag his old body for 1-2 more seasons so theres a reasonable guess that they can hold off of drafting a first round RB for now. Their safeties are both rather old, s23 and 24, with neither being the greatest earners to begin with, so upgrading and drafting their future  #1 safety should certainly be a priority for the san jose sabercats. However, theyll prolly also want to load up on a running back later on.

3. Philadelphia Liberty
Cedric Wilkins III (CB)
So, basically looking at their roster there doesnt seem to be a Big hole anywhere. while they do not have the strongest RB core rn, they have improved upon the RB position 2 drafts ago and currently seem in a fine spot.
However, they do kinda need a new third Corner back, since james hoffman is inactive as far as i can tell. I do not expect him to get called up until prolly S33, but you never know. There seems to be some sort of consensus on this pick from other people aswell (like previously posted mocks), but i cannot really comment on that.

4. New Orleans Second Line
Kotoni Staggs (WR)
Its kinda weird that staggs falls to 4th over all, however defense is the best and offense suxx. NOLA's Wr corp is old as shit, they prolly addressed it earlier in a draft, however i do think that picking up Staggs cannot possibly be a bad choice either way. WR's are also kinda important. Another hole is obviously QB, however it is way too late to address that in this draft, and they almost certainly have already drafted a replacement for sloth. Another option might be a receiving RB like ken oath, however id consider that unlikely. This also does not seem to be the kind of team that drafts Bondi players.

5. Chicago Butchers
Tessie Garciaparra (CB)
So the Butchers kinda need a safety more than they do need a Corner back, however the CB draft class is stronger than the Safety draft class, which is why i personally think theyre going with a corner over a safety here. Garciaparra is one of the best earners in this draft class so far, and basically you can never ever go wrong with drafting a CB early. It remains to be seen how they are gonna use him, maybe making him swap position to safety. This all remains to be seen in the future.

6. Honolulu Hahalua
Orpheus Czargryos (LB)
So these boys need a new linebacker BADLY. So thats why i have them picking the #1 projected Linebacker. Its just that simple, i might be a genius. Actually, i think the hahalua do have some future holes at RB, so there might be a chance to pick up a RB in the first this draft, however securing a high TPE Linebacker to replace your previous linebackers is so much more important than to have ur starting rb be high TPE. drafting one in a later round/next draft should be just fine for the running back position.

7. Colorado Yeti
Jay Spears (S)
these boys do need a safety BAD, they only have 2, 1 will be regressing very shortly, so while safety class isnt that amazing, its also not very deep therefore you gotta secure a good safety in the first round for them. Their DLINE also does need some serious help however, there is absolutely nothing else available for Dline, neither a DE nor a DT (unless i missed someone, i apologize for ignoring you if i did)

8. Orange County otters
Ken Oath (RB)
So i think this is a pretty straight forward pick. they need a RB in the future, picking up an OCO alumni in Kenny O seems like a very logical conclusion. And while Thor is an ******* (pls dont ban me pls), i think OCO would be very happy to snag him up here at 8 oa. Also i think thor would be quite happy to go back to OCO, who however have been rather lackluster in the past seasons.

9. Yellowknife Wraiths
Omni Man (LB)
So theres a team that needs a goddamn linebacker badly holy shit. their only active linebacker right now might very well already be dead but they just keep sending out his corpse in uniform. they only have 1 non called up linebacker that doesnt seem to be earning that well anyways, so linebacker is their #1 need and i think they can be incredibly happy with omni man falling to them on 9. Another future need for them will be WR, but WR class seems deep enough and possible to address it in the next draft aswell, which is why i think defense trumps offense and they will go with a linebacker.

10. Austin Copperheads
Mark Goodhead (TE)
So the copperheads have a bit problem, they kinda need a safety, but the top2 safeties are already gone. and they do need a TE, but TE is not the deepest part of this class. However, they will be the first team to draft a tight end in goodhead. He is by far the best available Tight end, so it should not be a surprise to see him drafted by them. their only active tight end is also a walking corpse, and they only have 1 down int he DSFL, however he seems to not be the greatest earner. It fills a big need, and while not the best possible prospect, need trumps tpe here.

11. Berlin Fire salamanders
Beniri T’Chawama (RB)
So this should also be one of the easier to explain choices. Beniri is the top Prospect in regards to TPE, currently leading the entire class of 31, and basically the only real need is a running back, and its a pretty big need at that. While ken oath got drafted earlier due to relations with oco, i think berlin is very happy with Beniri falling to the here at 11. also berlin and beniri look kinda the same so im sure this plays a huge role in things aswell.

12. New York Silverbacks
DeCarr Rek (LB)
So this one is also somewhat straight forward, NYS entire linebacker corp is pretty old, they do not have a Linebacker waiting in the DSFL, so they draft the next best available linebacker. I can reasonably see them trade up some spots to maybe snag Omni man before the Wraiths, since it should be clear that a couple teams pickign before them have quite the need for linebacker aswell, but trades in the first round are pretty uncommon. I can reasonably see Oco trade back here however, because Ken oath should most likely be still available at 12. so look out for this, if its true im a genius. But prolly not.

13. Arizona Outlaws
Jaycee Higgins (WR)
So this is a pretty difficult pick for me, since Arizona seems to be needing both a WR and a CB badly. However in the end i went with higgins over webb and roskolnikov, mainly due to me knowing who Net is, which leads me to believe that he is a safer pick than the other 2. at this point id like to apologize to the other 2 users, but i dont know people. soz. Honestly tho, arizona doesnt seem to have neither a WR nor a CB in the DSFL, and their youngest player on that position is S25. so there will be a huge need in talent coming in the future seasons.

14. Sarasota Sailfish
Spike Daniels (safety)
So Sarasota does need a safety here. Lanier and Clemente are both most likely about to retire, and leave sarasota with absolutely 0 players at safety. a once super stacked position for the sailfish needs to find a proper successor. Therefore i have them picking up the best remaining safety prospect in Daniels. frost sux lmap. Sarasota does also need to find a new QB, but i think its somewhat safe to assume itll be frost (sux lol lmao) being drafted later on to take over for mike boss jr.

So this is my mock draft for the first round of the ISFL S31 Draft, i hope some of this stuff made sense and maybe helps some people in their drafts, but if more qualified people do mock drafts u should probably copy those instead of mine.

1627 words

RE: ISFL Mock Draft - Net - 08-31-2021

+1 for Net shoutout

RE: ISFL Mock Draft - DELIRIVM - 09-01-2021

I have never felt so ignored! Good mock. Just forgot a future Hall of Famer in Sakeem Webb on that list. Wink

RE: ISFL Mock Draft - unconfident - 09-01-2021

(08-31-2021, 07:01 PM)teddyoojo Wrote: they only have 1 down int he DSFL, however he seems to not be the greatest earner. It fills a big need, and while not the best possible prospect, need trumps tpe here.

This is why I didnt put you in my mock smh