International Simulation Football League
*DSFL First and Second Round Mock Draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *DSFL First and Second Round Mock Draft (/showthread.php?tid=34724)

*DSFL First and Second Round Mock Draft - jackalewis229 - 09-03-2021

This mock draft for the first two rounds is 100%, certified, bet your life savings on it correct (stop laughing, I'm serious). While this is a pretty tough task due to there being a lot of talented individuals in this draft class, these picks are my PERSONAL OPINION based on activity level, TPE earned, team needs, and potential. This was also written before the ISFL draft, so any potential call-ups may change team needs between now and the draft. Without further ado, here we go:

First Round

1st Overall - London selects LaDamien Beck, Safety

- If you’re London, I’m not sure how you could pass LaDamien up. To me, Beck, aka By-Tor, is the clear #1 pick. While so far being the top TPE earner in the draft class, they’re very active as well as being a huge contributor to the SHL. I look for Beck to bring that same influence and dependability into the DSFL/ISFL. I think all of this, combined with London’s need at the safety position, makes this an easy choice.

2nd Overall - Norfolk selects Mrs. “Stacks” McHits, Offensive Line

- This one seems like a no-brainer to me. In the short time that they’ve been in the league, “Stacks” has been extremely active in multiple league Discord servers. With Norfolk having a crucial need at offensive line, along with being Sconnie McHits wife, this seems like a perfect fit.

3rd Overall - Bondi Beach selects Tobias Worthington III, Quarterback

- Bondi Beach is on the quarterback hunt! With their one QB on the roster aging out, BBB will look to the draft for their next signal caller. TWIII has been very active and is one of the top TPE earners so far in this draft class. I think they’ll be a great fit down under. 

4th Overall - Kansas City selects Zephyr “Tater” GreyWolf, Defensive Tackle

- “Tater” fits a pressing need for the Coyotes. With the loss of DT Prof. Godfrey Gravity due to aging out, this leaves them with only one on the roster for the upcoming season. GreyWolf is very active and is already one of the top earners of the draft class. I think this is going to be a great fit for both parties.

5th Overall - Portland selects Garfield Despactio III, Defensive Tackle

- With Kansas City picking a defensive tackle with the previous pick, I think this will cause Portland to jump at the best available for the position. I believe this is GDIII due to the user, Gwdjohnson, already being a veteran in the league. Pairing that with already being a top TPE earner and being fairly active, this seems like the right choice for the sneks.

6th Overall - Dallas selects Beeg Beeg Yoshi, Offensive Line

- Dallas has a couple of big needs, mainly at OL and TE. With Beeg Beeg Yoshi being available and, to me, being the top pick at either of these positions, I look for that gap on the line to be filled. I mean, the name says it all, right? Yoshi is a great presence in the league servers and with their popularity and dependability in the SHL, I look at this as a successful and obvious pick.

7th Overall - Tijuana selects Live Laughlove, Quarterback

- Tijuana is in a similar situation to Bondi Beach, with their starting QB aging out and the only other one on the roster being IA. I think Triple L makes the most sense and will be a great fit here. They’re extremely active while also being a re-create who previously played their DSFL career in Tijuana.

8th Overall - Minnesota selects Kalam Mekhar, Linebacker

- At first glance, Minnesota looks STACKED. A closer look, however, shows a DSFL most four players aging out for the Grey Ducks. While still having a roster that looks primed for a three-peat, there will be a few positions of need. With the loss of a LB dropping the number on the roster to 2, I believe Minnesota will look there in the first round. Mekhar is far and away my #1 LB in this draft class. They’re a veteran of the league and a former DSFL GM, so that dependability and knowledge will make this a slam dunk pick.

Second Round

9th Overall - London selects Timothy Teboat, Tight End

- The first TE is off the board! London has quite a few needs but with only one TE on the roster, another offensive weapon should be near the top of the list. Though it’s a tight race at this position group, I believe that Teboat would be the right pick for the Royals. The player's user, NamelessNate, has already had multiple players in the league and has earned well so far. A lack of presence in the league’s Discord servers could be an issue but I still feel this is a solid choice.

10th Overall - Norfolk selects Lenard Graf, Tight End

- Norfolk is in a similar situation to London, with only one TE on the roster. I believe the second best TE is Lenard Graf. While not the most active, Graf could be a great fit for the SeaWolves. They’re a decent earner so far and this definitely fills a need for the Norfolk offense.

11th Overall - Bondi Beach selects Booker Thomas, Linebacker

- While safety might be the biggest need for BBB at this point in the draft, I think the best value pick would be at LB. I have Booker Thomas as the best remaining available at the position. The user behind Thomas, SwagSloth, is a league veteran with lots of experience.

12th Overall - Kansas City selects De’Aaron Harper II, Cornerback

- Kansas City would be thrilled if DHII is still available at this point of the draft. CB is a position of need and I think Harper II is the top CB in this draft class. They’re extremely active and have the most TPE out of all the CBs. I think this pick makes a lot of sense.

13th Overall - Portland selects Fenrir Greyback, Defensive Tackle

- I think Portland double dips on DTs in the first two rounds. With only one on the roster and not many other depth issues, I think loading up at this position is the smart thing to do. Fenrir has been fairly active and has a good job at earning so far. They also have a presence in the SHL and I think this pick will work out for Portland.

14th Overall - Dallas selects Deshawn Penne, Tight End

- TE is a big position of need for Dallas and Deshawn Penne is the best left. He has been somewhat active and has been a good earner so far. This pick will definitely help out the offense.

15th Overall - Tijuana selects Doc Fireball, Defensive End

- Outside of QB, Tijuana doesn’t have too many needs. The other position they will be losing someone at is DE, so I think this is where they will go. Fireball falling this far makes this pick an absolute STEAL. Doc is my top DE prospect for this class and I think they only end up at this point due to higher needs at other positions. They have been highly active and a top earner who I feel will be highly successful in this league.

16th Overall - Minnesota selects Lalu Muhammad Zohri, Running Back

- With the last pick of the second round, Minnesota adds much needed depth at RB. This is a solid value pick and could be one of the steals of the draft. The Grey Ducks are losing their top RB and their only other player at the position is seemingly IA. Zohri could potentially start week one and is an active re-create who is great with graphics. This pick will add both on and off the field improvements for the reigning "quack 2 quack" champions.

RE: DSFL First and Second Round Mock Draft - MamaB - 09-03-2021

Thank you for the shout out! I feel honored.

RE: DSFL First and Second Round Mock Draft - teddyoojo - 09-04-2021

sadface Sad

RE: DSFL First and Second Round Mock Draft - Trempale - 09-04-2021

Great Mock draft, keep it up!

RE: DSFL First and Second Round Mock Draft - UberBJ - 09-04-2021

(09-04-2021, 05:09 AM)teddyoojo Wrote: sadface Sad
It's because people know we're a package deal.