International Simulation Football League
*Kickers are Still People - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Kickers are Still People (/showthread.php?tid=34731)

Pages: 1 2

*Kickers are Still People - xenosthelegend - 09-03-2021

I have been a member of the Philadelphia Liberty since the S25 draft, I was selected in the 5th round, and I have been the starting kicker and punter since then. Before I arrived, there was a constantly rotating cast of kickers and punters here, I have brought stability to that position. In my time here I have won kicker of the year once, and I expect to win Punter of the year for the most recent season. I have made the pro bowl multiple times. I currently hold the record for highest field goal accuracy in a single season in the new sim (multiple games played).

This offseason I seriously contemplated the future of this team. In my now 6 seasons here, the closest record this team has gotten to .500 is 7-9 in my first season here. Since then we have gone 4-12, 6-10, 6-10, 5-11, and 4-12. That is a total record of 32-64. I have lost twice as many games as I have won in my time here. Only once I have not had double digit losses.

This season I finished with the second highest punting average, and the highest amount of punts inside the 20. My kicking ability was abandoned by God for the first half of the season, and we ended up finishing with a 4-12 record.

This season I missed 7 field goals, 4 games were lost by less than 3 points. All of those were games where a single field goal could have won them. If I won those games for my team, we go .500 for the first time in my ISFL career.

In my record setting field goal percentage season in the new sim the team finished 6-10. I missed just one field goal that season, and if I could apply that anywhere, all it would do at most is cause one of the losses to be a tie.

When I came here, the team was a dumpster fire, and I avoided talking in the locker room. At the end of the season, one of the best players on the team felt betrayed by the GMs, and there was a mutiny. The current GMs have been here since S26, and have done a good job stabilizing the locker room.

Every season follows a cycle recently. We do poorly in the first half, then in the final 3 games we show some promise and have hope for next season. Only for the cycle repeat itself. This season followed that script, only this time I did not feel much hope.

I contemplated retirement this offseason, making a recreate, and going somewhere else.

But then I realized that would feel weird.

The Philadelphia Liberty is the only ISFL team I have been on, and at this point it would feel weird to go somewhere else after being here for the entire 'rebuild'. The entire S25 class is hitting their peaks now, if I retired I would not be on this team to see what happens next.

I want to help this team in any way I can.

And that is why I am making an announcement.

I will be swapping from kicker/punter to WR.

Kickers are still people.

RE: Kickers are Still People - katarn22 - 09-03-2021

Never thought I'd see the day where you weren't a kicker.

RE: Kickers are Still People - xenosthelegend - 09-03-2021

(09-03-2021, 10:10 AM)katarn22 Wrote: Never thought I'd see the day where you weren't a kicker.
Neither did I.

RE: Kickers are Still People - negs - 09-03-2021

BOMBS AWAY

RE: Kickers are Still People - Cody - 09-03-2021

You can still kick. It'll just be of the ass kicking variety ?

RE: Kickers are Still People - Sylphreni - 09-03-2021

London Legend <3

RE: Kickers are Still People - slate - 09-03-2021

(09-03-2021, 10:47 AM)ShnarlyDude Wrote: You can still kick. It'll just be of the ass kicking variety ?

[Image: antonio-brown-pittsburg-steelers.gif]

RE: Kickers are Still People - Pat - 09-03-2021

(09-03-2021, 11:15 AM)slate Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 10:47 AM)ShnarlyDude Wrote: You can still kick. It'll just be of the ass kicking variety ?

[Image: antonio-brown-pittsburg-steelers.gif]

Still one of the most "worth it" penalties of all time

RE: Kickers are Still People - Frostbite - 09-03-2021

Blasphemous!

RE: Kickers are Still People - zaynzk - 09-03-2021

He went full Simo?!?!?