International Simulation Football League
*SJS Co-GM Speaks for the First Time - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *SJS Co-GM Speaks for the First Time (/showthread.php?tid=3485)

*SJS Co-GM Speaks for the First Time - 7hawk77 - 08-18-2017

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Greetings,[/div]

[Image: YA1Ad1R.jpg]

You might have seen me previously as Dan Miller's Dog, but I have now made myself known and I am much more than that.

As you might have seen, the sabercats needed a new co-gm and you know what's better than cats?

Dogs.

Am I really a dog? No, of course not silly human, I hail from the planet Vergon 6. You may call me Lord Nibbler.
Therefore I have taken it upon myself to help lead the San Jose Sabercats to victory.
Now you might be wondering, “Why would an alien with intelligence high enough to achieve faster than light travel care about a specific football team on another planet?”
Well the fate of the universe depends on it... err...maybe, The Oracle on Vergon 6 wasn't very clear but I think this is what needs to be done. Besides, what else do I have to do anyways. I live for millennia and I'll succumb to the inevitable heat death of the universe.
I Might as well meddle in mortal affairs for a while and Dan gives good belly rubs.

Anyways, I've been told I need to issue a statement on recruiting for the upcoming draft.

Why should you want to play for the Sabercats?

Do you want to play for a team that doesn't conspire to get a strong players based on "friendship" on one team and threaten the spirit of competition? *Cough, wraiths cough*

Do you want to play for a team that didn't "accidentally" turn their Tight End in to a god for 11 straight games out of a 14 week season?

Do you want to play for a team that isn't in a trademark legal battle with a fast food taco chain?

Do you want to play for a team that hasn't given up on both present and future before taking the first snap... or has an overpaid clown at QB?

Do you want to play for a team that isn't the outlaws because they are turning out to be the patriots of this league and fuck that noise?

Do you want to play for a team that doesn't have a GM due to his mommie grounding him?

If so, then you should play for us.

<Lord Nibbler raises a paw to his ear as if someone is speaking to him via a hidden headset>

Apparently I didn't dissuade you from playing for the Yeti, so fuck them for no apparent reason.

Our team is awesome, be excited to play for us, or just be a little bitch... And no, I don't mean a female dog. I mean bitch as in "I'm going to bitch slap all these shitty teams next season."

So you might be asking, "But Lord Nibbler, why did the sabercats suck the past two years?"

Well I'll tell you silly mortal. During the first year, our GM went inactive so we basically got screwed with that. We turned it around thanks to CKRoyal stepping up.
The second season we were doing alright, we made some decent pickups but things took a turn for the worst. We had far too many players not active enough so that finally caught up with us midway through the season. Then as you know the trade happened with Bailey Cook and A.C. Hackett.
I want to clear something up. People say this trade deal was bad for our team, but it was our best offer. They were going out the door to free agency and it was better for us to get something rather than nothing.
Hopefully in the future, salary cap starts to actually negatively impact teams so there is an actual opportunity cost to stuff like this. Hopefully it's more based on budgeting cap space and allocating capital correctly than players trying to just buddy up and play with friends to ensure results.
We've also had some other hiccups between a top drafted CB going inactive after draft. A traded CB deciding to retire or some shit the moment we traded for them. Other team members losing internet and going inactive. Basically we've gotten the short end of quite a few sticks.
But that shit ends today.

Now more seriously why should you play for us?

We have a great group of active members that hang out in the LR on the boards. We are all friendly but have a thick enough skin to deal with shit, like a random losing streak or two.

We also use discord frequently and some of us hang out and play some PC games together to blow off steam.

Lord Nibbler out!

[Image: YLABodk.jpg]

Code:
767 words

GRADED

*SJS Co-GM Speaks for the First Time - tlk742 - 08-18-2017

#RULEWITHANIRONPAW

I am so happy to be a part of this team.

Great write up dude.

*SJS Co-GM Speaks for the First Time - SimmerDownBruhh - 08-18-2017

Don't be hating on the Wraiths because our LR stay lit! Cool

Haha Loved this article, bro!

*SJS Co-GM Speaks for the First Time - 7hawk77 - 08-18-2017

(08-18-2017, 12:16 PM)SimmerDownBruhh Wrote:Don't be hating on the Wraiths because our LR stay lit!  Cool

Haha Loved this article, bro!

Just hating on how you guys acquired 500 TPE between two players because some people would rather get an easy win than work for it... and that trade probably won't negatively effect the cap space because Bailey Cook wants to play with Josh Garden and A.C. Hackett.... so he will take a minimum contract to do so.

Big fan of you though, <3

*SJS Co-GM Speaks for the First Time - Deusolis - 08-18-2017

No minimum contracts here. #BringOutTheBrinksTruck

*SJS Co-GM Speaks for the First Time - RainDelay - 08-19-2017

(08-18-2017, 03:27 PM)Deusolis Wrote:No minimum contracts here. #BringOutTheBrinksTruck

Retweet